Is Pepper Spray Or Mace Legal?

nudnik

Is that why your ID is nudnik? Nicked ya Nuds? Yeah you can buy it anywhere.. open ur eyes..

I speak English. The best I can figure from your attempt at communication is that you think I have gonads. I can assure you that I do not. My nickname is NUDNIK for all the NUDNIKs I have locked up over the years. It seems I attract them here as well.

Why don't you try to be a helpful fellow and suggest a store that carries pepper spray here in Pattaya.

Edited by nudnik

not sure but the little market shops on beach rd south pattaya may have them.choose theones thats ell the knives and telescope batons and they might sell under the counter mace/pepper spray,and i will ask my thai mate who is a copper if it is legal to carry and pm back tomorrow

PEPPER SPRAY sold openly at Foodland Pattaya pharmacy so I think it is legal (at least to sell).

I told a friend I had bought some and he reckoned it would be useless in Thailand, because you would spray it and the target would say, MORE MORE AROY AROY

Edited by Jingthing

not sure but the little market shops on beach rd south pattaya may have them.choose theones thats ell the knives and telescope batons and they might sell under the counter mace/pepper spray,and i will ask my thai mate who is a copper if it is legal to carry and pm back tomorrow

Thank you - will look forward to your PM

Is that why your ID is nudnik? Nicked ya Nuds? Yeah you can buy it anywhere.. open ur eyes..

I speak English. The best I can figure from your attempt at communication is that you think I have gonads.

Why would someone with no gonads go to Pattaya? Sorry, OT..

I've carried a gun for over 30 years in America and would love to carry here but barring that, is pepper spray available and legal?

Funny how those 3 (highlighted) words seem to be found together so often.

You stated that seem to attract trouble(makers) here in Thailand. Judging by the tone and content of your posts, I think I can see why. Perhaps you'd be better off to relax and stop trying to be a cop. However, if you really feel the need to be a psuedo law enforcer, you can probably join the other farang cop-wannabees here who wear those silly little costumes and call themselves Tourist Police Volunteers.

I've seen CS gas canisters for sale at Central Lad Plao basement level before.

Last few times I was in Thailand I carried Pepper spray.

It is available at any of those stalls that sell Flashlights, binoculars, knifes etc...

Legal? I guess it depends on the situation.

I've carried a gun for over 30 years in America and would love to carry here but barring that, is pepper spray available and legal?

Funny how those 3 (highlighted) words seem to be found together so often.

You stated that seem to attract trouble(makers) here in Thailand. Judging by the tone and content of your posts, I think I can see why. Perhaps you'd be better off to relax and stop trying to be a cop. However, if you really feel the need to be a psuedo law enforcer, you can probably join the other farang cop-wannabees here who wear those silly little costumes and call themselves Tourist Police Volunteers.

Nice reply. :o:D

I am sure it is legal; you have to use something to keep the pesty dogs away. :o

But the improtant point is reliability. It probably only has water in the canister in the product you buy at MBK. You should go to the official police station shop and buy it there. The one in Pattaya is opposite the main police station on Beach Road.

Is your life that danger ?

I am a retired (US) Police Captain. I would be the wrong person to throw that red herring to so do try again.

Why dont you come and work as a security guard on my village complex in bangkok. They wont pay you well but at least you get to sit there in your uniform with pepper spray in each holster waiting for the next victim you need to unleash your frustrations on. :o:D:D:D:D

Is your life that danger ?

I am a retired (US) Police Captain. I would be the wrong person to throw that red herring to so do try again.

congratualations you are obviously above all this. perhaps there is a post with the tourist police that will give you back a sense of your lost power.

Edited by t.s

Not a day goes by without nearly everyone on this board shouting how dangerous Pattaya has become.

Then someone asks about legitimate self-defence and out come the same bunch condemning this person.

Oh dear Oh dear Oh dear.

onzestan

Why you go through tourist attraction and you know well there is dangerious, have to carry self-defence thingy ?

Many places that needs only your hearts :o

Im a woman I never carry anything but myself.

I resent American's spreading their climate of fear.

Didn't Michael Moore make issue of this in his docu/film Bowling For Columbine? weren't the 'Pilgrim Fathers' driven from Europe to America by fear, then fearful of the natives so armed themselves to the teeth?, then Americans got fearful of other Americans because some had bigger guns than others?....then later became feaful of other countries that had bigger guns than them?...oh it just goes on and on.

Paranoia.

To answer your question: yes - loads of places sell it, but it is actually illegal to carry - however, a lot of people do, and if caught with it, good chance the cop will just ignore it. Worst case scenario: it'll be taken away from you. You certainly won;t be booked for it.