Burning From A Torrent

jitagon

Despite being put off a few times on the slowness of downloads here, I once again have grasped the bull by his horns and installed utorrent. It's taken me several hours to download a couple of albums, but, undeterred, and fueled by the total lack of anything other than the latest blockbuster movie being available here, am into my second day of downloading a movie.

I downloaded a program called Burnaware, it having been recommended by upload.com and computerworld. Can I burn straight from utorrent box (when completed downloading of course) to a cd/dvd? I've had a look at the 'user' guide on Burnaware, clear as mud, and mo isn't obvious, well not to me anyway :o how to get the movie/album onto a portable disc. Much rather burn it to a cd and view/listen on tv/cd/dvd player than stuck in fromt of little modem with crap sound.

Anyone :D ? Thankyou. :D

Edited by jitagon

Despite being put off a few times on the slowness of downloads here, I once again have grasped the bull by his horns and installed utorrent. It's taken me several hours to download a couple of albums, but, undeterred, and fueled by the total lack of anything other than the latest blockbuster movie being available here, am into my second day of downloading a movie.

I downloaded a program called Burnaware, it having been recommended by upload.com and computerworld. Can I burn straight from utorrent box (when completed downloading of course) to a cd/dvd? You can but the burned file will be the same as the downloaded, which means if the downloaded file has the .rar format, the burned will be the same! I've had a look at the 'user' guide on Burnaware, clear as mud, and mo isn't obvious, well not to me anyway :o how to get the movie/album onto a portable disc. A portable diac!@ What you mean: HDD or CD/DVD?Much rather burn it to a cd and view/listen on tv/cd/dvd player than stuck in fromt of little modem with crap sound.

You should be aware about the file format of the downloaded files. If you download movies, you need can create Video CD's/DVD's but the file format should be mpeg2 or mpeg3 and you'll need a burning software like Nero Vision for to burn direct a movie CD/DVD from that files.

Maybe you goggle for: how to burn movie cd's or dvd's

Cheers.

I downloaded a program called Burnaware, it having been recommended by upload.com and computerworld. Can I burn straight from utorrent box (when completed downloading of course) to a cd/dvd? I've had a look at the 'user' guide on Burnaware, clear as mud, and mo isn't obvious, well not to me anyway :ohow to get the movie/album onto a portable disc. Much rather burn it to a cd and view/listen on tv/cd/dvd player than stuck in fromt of little modem with crap sound.

First off, i would like to know the format the files you downloaded are, sometimes these come as winzip/winrar files.

If that is the case you will need to d/l either winzip or winrar to extract the encrypted data.

After extracting the data, what format is it in, mp3,wmv,wav file or other format?

Once you know the format the d/l data is in, you can decide if this format is compatable with your player.

If the format is incompatable you will have to convert the extracted data using something such as db poweramp (freeware) to allow playback on your cd player.

If you have windows media player I would use that to burn to cd.

I dont know what music you listen to, but there are alternatives to utorrent, much faster downloads, pm me for details.

The above refers only to music, I dont bother downloading movies, they take way too long, much easier to buy the movie, hassle free.

If its already in avi format, burn it straight to disc and just play it!

It's not as simple as that, because being a container, an .avi can come in different flavors (Microsoft, XIVID, DivX).

Most movies on torrent or rapidshare come in a format called XVID/DIVX. If your DVD player supports these formats, burn a data DVD/CD and watch it on your TV.

It's not as simple as that, because being a container, an .avi can come in different flavors (Microsoft, XIVID, DivX).

Most movies on torrent or rapidshare come in a format called XVID/DIVX. If your DVD player supports these formats, burn a data DVD/CD and watch it on your TV.

I don't even bother burning CDs or DVDs these days. My very cheap DVD/CD/MP3 player (<900 baht) has a USB port so I copy the .avi file to a USB stick, plug it into the DVD player and play it.

Yes, thanks for the extra input that I had omitted. I have a Sony DVD player that plays only DIVX and not XVID or other AVI "flavors" (FourCC code?). So every time I burn a torrent to CD I first convert the flavor to DIVX using AVI FourCC Changer that takes just a few seconds. Much faster that converting it to a DVD, but not as fast as just playing the USB stick method - if you have a USB port to the TV connection.

I was a torrent guy for a long time but spoiled myself with a Rapdishare Premium account and I have to say it would be very hard to go back now. The 215 Baht per month is more than worth it!

Tominbkk could you direct me to a web site that explains how to use the Rapidshare Premium account instead of regular bit torrent sites like Pirates Bay. I thought that Rapidshare Premium was sort of like a glorified bit torrent site but now have discovered it isn't.

LSM

I was a torrent guy for a long time but spoiled myself with a Rapdishare Premium account and I have to say it would be very hard to go back now. The 215 Baht per month is more than worth it!

Care to share with us why it's much better? I have no idea what it offers over torrent... thanks for any feedback..

Care to share with us why it's much better? I have no idea what it offers over torrent... thanks for any feedback..

I've used Rapidshare for getting mp3 compilations. Once you connect to their server, you get downloads at a very fast rate, e.g. 200-300 kBps on a 4 mbps ADSL link. I rarely see that on torrents unless they are well-seeded, e.g. the "Heroes" episodes (10,000+ seeds), which sometimes come down at 400+ kBps.

With Rapidshare, I believe you get a 1:1 connection and they send the file to you as fast as your link/ISP can handle it.

With torrents, you connect to lots of other people (computers) who are giving you little bits of the file at their own (possibly deliberately reduced) rate.

I am happy to see that after promoting Rapidshare over torrents for a couple of years, more people see the advantages of Rapidshare without the 'yeah, but torrents are free' ... :D

Rapidshare rules .... (of course, when you use it in a legal way :o ) Downloads are usually 200-224KBs on my 2Mb) if downloading 4 or more files at the same time.

Edited by sniffdog

Well not to throw doom and gloom on the Rapidshare solution but I have just been exploring it and unfortunately it requires a download manager, unzipping via a "tar" program, and membership in a file finding forum. :D :

Unfortunately I am not fond of download managers and unzipping programs confuse me. :D

So even though Bit Torrent is slow, it is a one click solution, at least for me. :o

Well not to throw doom and gloom on the Rapidshare solution but I have just been exploring it and unfortunately it requires a download manager, unzipping via a "tar" program, and membership in a file finding forum. :D :

Unfortunately I am not fond of download managers and unzipping programs confuse me. :D

So even though Bit Torrent is slow, it is a one click solution, at least for me. :o

What utter &lt;deleted&gt;!

Apart from the fact that in most cases you need to install a Torrent client, you are still liable to have to wait for hours before seeing the content.

Download manager? Why on earth would you need it?

"tar" file? I don't think so. ".rar" is more likely. WinRAR and 7-Zip are freely available to extract your files.

Membership in a file finding forum? You clearly have no idea of what you are writing.

With the alternative, you can be watching your content in fifteen minutes, listening in one or two.

Torrents are tedious for the most part.

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

It is unfortunate that TV does not allow the posting of URL's since it is obvious that some posters here immediately go on the attack.

All my comments on what is needed for using Rapid Share come from information that was obtained on a web site entitled whatsrapid share dot com. (see mods didn't use a url).

Membership in a file finding forum? You clearly have no idea of what you are writing.

Unlike pirates bay or other torrent sites, files that are available via Rapid Share are not openly listed and must be found, ergo the need to go to a forum entitled rapidfind dot org.

Download manager? Why on earth would you need it?

Because the maximum data download on rapid share is 100MB, thus video files must be broken down into -100 MB pieces, thus they are published / listed that way.

"tar" file? I don't think so. ".rar" is more likely. WinRAR and 7-Zip are freely available to extract your files
and unzipping programs confuse me

Since you replied to tominbkk's post about a Rapdishare Premium account, it would be sensible to assume that you did your research on that and not the free option.

Look again. Even the free option allows upload and downloads of 200 MB, not 100MB.

But I'll put you straight on a couple of things.

Premium account has no upload and download speed throttling and files of 2GB in size can be uploaded and downloaded.

Take the time to do your research properly or just ask.

http://rapidshare.com/premium.html

..............Take the time to do your research properly or just ask.

http://rapidshare.com/premium.html

You mean like this from:http://www.whatsrapidshare.com/index.html

When you upload a file to Rapidshare it gets broken down into a bunch of links, each file will be on average 100mb. So if you upload a 600 megabyte movie there will be 6 files to download. If you have premium access you just copy and paste the links into a program called Flashget (this is all fully explained in the tutorial section, click the downloading link for more information) and let it automatically download all the files. Just set it and forget it. However, if you’re a free user and don’t have premium access you have to download the files individually one by one, you can’t download more than 1 file at a time and you have to wait a certain period of time between downloads, usually a couple of minutes to an hour. The whole process of downloading becomes very tedious.

Now you may be wondering where to find all the links to download all the great stuff that you want. The reality is that there are Rapidshare forums and links all over the internet. But really you only need one site, it is the world’s first official Rapidshare forum, located at www.rapidfind.org, it is the first and last site you will ever need to get anything from movies to games to music.

LSM

Did you ever hear the phrase, "Don't believe all that you read"? :o

Since a simple cross check with the website in question will reveal your source to be quite inaccurate, you can only blame yourself.

Did you even bother to look at the link that I provided for you or do you wish to revel in your ignorance?

Excuse my tone if it appears harsh. I'm a little tired. :D

Whilst you are doing so, here is an example of a Rapidshare Upload/Download. Malwarebytes' AntiMalware. It a useful and free to use program for checking your computer for Malware.

Download, install and update it, then run a Quick Scan. Once completed, Remove Selected if anything is found.

Don't worry, it's completely safe to do so.

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu