Shop To Convert Old Movie Tape To Digital

Upcountry

Hi folks,

I have a VHS-C tape recorded on an old movie camera in the U.S. I’d like to find a shop/service in Bangkok or upcountry that can convert the output of this tape to a QuickTime file for editing on a computer.

The alternative, which requires quick action on my part, while I still have temporary access to a VHS player, is a VHS-C adapter to play it on a VHS machine. If you can help me with this, I’d like to get hold of it by the end of this weekend (12-12) of shortly thereafter. I’ll pay to ship it back and forth, and/or buy it if you want to sell it.

I’m still looking for local solutions, but time is short.

Thanks!

Hi folks,

I have a VHS-C tape recorded on an old movie camera in the U.S. I’d like to find a shop/service in Bangkok or upcountry that can convert the output of this tape to a QuickTime file for editing on a computer.

The alternative, which requires quick action on my part, while I still have temporary access to a VHS player, is a VHS-C adapter to play it on a VHS machine. If you can help me with this, I’d like to get hold of it by the end of this weekend (12-12) of shortly thereafter. I’ll pay to ship it back and forth, and/or buy it if you want to sell it.

I’m still looking for local solutions, but time is short.

Thanks!

I've seen a few shops in Pantip plaza (BKK) - i think they're on the 3rd floor - that do tape conversions to all sorts of formats.

I've seen a few shops in Pantip plaza (BKK) - i think they're on the 3rd floor - that do tape conversions to all sorts of formats.

Thanks, Xovox,

If anyone has contact info for any of these outfits, I'd like to contact then - just to make sure they can handle my VHS-C in NTSC format before making the trip.

Thanks,

Upcountry

hello .. my friend has a business selling Buddhist audio tapes and have some video tape too , i help him with the computer .

we went to Pantip in the third floor between the two elevators to the shop and done some VHS to vcd , sorry to said the result was not very good !

my self i went to Kodak shop and done one , absolutely horrible ...

BUT the best place we found and the quality is original as the VHS are in top floor of Pantip, when i mean top floor, it is near the IT city , it is along the corridor going to the car park , where are all the repair shops .

if you really can not find it , i will next time get you the phone number ..

the cost was, i think 300 or 350 bahts , but quality same as original ..

i think he can do dvd too.

come back to me for the telephone number if interested ...

Kringle

Here is the numbers for the vhs to vcd or to dvd shop , this number has been given by my friend who use him . as I said i find the finish quality same as original .

He do not speak English , please ask a thai speaking to ring him for the location of the shop in pantip ..

01 6238603

01 6682229

• 1 month later...