Lucky Escape As Driver Falls Asleep At The Wheel And Slams Into Roadside Restaurant.

kurgen

In the early hours of Thursday Morning, Police Lieutenant Colonel Pratip from Pattaya Police Station was called to a restaurant on the Sukumvit Road in North Pattaya following reports of a road accident.

At the scene, a Silver Toyota Commuter Van had driven into the front of the restaurant causing minor injuries to two customers eating there.

The driver of the van, Khun Giti aged 40 remained at the scene :o and explained that he was travelling from Bangkok to Pattaya alone and fell asleep at the wheel.

Amazingly he crossed over the central reservation, across three lanes of traffic and slammed into the restaurant.

Others saw the van approaching and managed to jump out of the way in time.

Khun Giti was breath tested and found not to have consumed alcohol and by his own admission was tired after driving back and forth from Bangkok to Pattaya all day. He was arrested and charged with reckless driving causing injury.

Pattaya One News

Unfortunately it is very common for these drivers to work very long shifts without a real break. Personally I have had to instruct the driver to stop and take a break for 15 minutes or so plus some refreshment on more than one occasion.

Right on.

When I notice a driver dozing off, I pretend to be in need of relief, ask the driver to pull into the next service station and return to the vehicle armed with cans of coffee, m150's and chocolate.

Unfortunately it is very common for these drivers to work very long shifts without a real break. Personally I have had to instruct the driver to stop and take a break for 15 minutes or so plus some refreshment on more than one occasion.

Right on.

When I notice a driver dozing off, I pretend to be in need of relief, ask the driver to pull into the next service station and return to the vehicle armed with cans of coffee, m150's and chocolate.

I would not even get into a van or bus over here anymore. I had a couple of hair raising rides, and just following these vans on the roads makes me feel sorry for anyone inside.

This is the best fairy tale I have read!!! I work with this guy - he was returning from dropping someone of at the airport and that was the only job he had on Wednesday. In actual fact the front tyre blew and he is damned lucky not to have been injured himself. He was never arrested or charged with anything - people at the scene told the police they heard the loud bang and saw the vehicle go out of control.

Just to add to it - the guy doesn't drink or smoke.

This is the best fairy tale I have read!!! I work with this guy - he was returning from dropping someone of at the airport and that was the only job he had on Wednesday. In actual fact the front tyre blew and he is damned lucky not to have been injured himself. He was never arrested or charged with anything - people at the scene told the police they heard the loud bang and saw the vehicle go out of control.

Give the story teller a break, s/he got something correct.

1. The name.
  2. That there was a accident.
  3. That the driver had not consumed alcohol.

The rest of the copy was entered into a short story competition for winding up Thai Visa members.

Maybe he thought he was turning into the McDonald's Drive-thru? :o