New Indian Food Stall @ Carrefore

JimmyTheMook

The food I had was extremely good. Unlike other posters I also thought it was exceptionally good value for money. I had a chicken curry, which was enormous, too big for two normal people to eat, with lots of good quality chicken, plus rice and a naan bread, which was also huge. I think it all cost about 200 Baht, which I think it great value for good quality Indian food, particularly bearing in mind the size of the servings. Sitting here thinking about it makes me wish Carrefour was somewhat closer to my office.

I'll definitely be giving this place a try since I had an awful experience last time at my favorite Indian on Soi Bua Khao (The Tikka Center which I have previously recommended).. Prices dont sound too bad. I usually pay 130 for chicken tikka masala + 40 for yellow rice, and 20 baht each Naan/Popadoms...

I'll definitely be giving this place a try since I had an awful experience last time at my favorite Indian on Soi Bua Khao (The Tikka Center which I have previously recommended).. Prices dont sound too bad. I usually pay 130 for chicken tikka masala + 40 for yellow rice, and 20 baht each Naan/Popadoms...

Just noticed your previous post. It is in the food court, the stand alone stall closest to the kiddie's play area.

Just noticed your previous post. It is in the food court, the stand alone stall closest to the kiddie's play area.

Thanks for that! Will definitely be giving it a try :o

There are many indian food stalls are there but i don't know about anything new in this.....If you knows then i am really happy to visit that place...Thanks for this.

There are many Indian stalls at the Carrefour THAI food court? Alrighty then ...

Edited by Jingthing

There are many indian food stalls are there but i don't know about anything new in this.....If you knows then i am really happy to visit that place...Thanks for this.

There are many Indian stalls at the Carrefour THAI food court? Alrighty then ...

I was thinking the same thing :o

Ive never even noticed one Indian stall there, never mind 'many'!

The food I had was extremely good. Unlike other posters I also thought it was exceptionally good value for money. I had a chicken curry, which was enormous, too big for two normal people to eat, with lots of good quality chicken, plus rice and a naan bread, which was also huge. I think it all cost about 200 Baht,

Hmm. I ate exactly this as a set dish this afternoon. 145 baht. I thought the taste & quality were pretty good as compared with, say, an average British curry house. But there weren't many pieces of chicken in the 'enormous' amount of curry sauce so I was a bit disappointed.

I live near Carrefour so I'll try the place again soon.

just being nosey but what was the awful experience as i have ordered many times there before and like you i have recommended it

just being nosey but what was the awful experience as i have ordered many times there before and like you i have recommended it

I had a few excellent meals at this place until my last visit. The restaurant was empty apart from a table of 4 Indians. We ordered our meal at 8pm.. The cooks were more interested in taking care of the Indian customers than cooking what we had ordered. We had waited 1 hour and they made no attempt at all to make our meal in this time. Just before we were about to cancel our order, The Indian customers left, the cooks cleared their table and then started to make our meals. Our meals arrived at 9:30pm, 1 hour 30 minutes after we ordered. When we asked for the bill, we got another nice surprise, the price of a small Chang beer had risen from around 40 or 50 baht to 90 baht. 90 baht for a small chang beer in a small cheap restaurant.. Im no cheap charlie but I have been here long enough to know that is way overpriced.

Since we have ate there several times and the owner knows us quite well, we were a little disappointed that it seemed as though "indian customers come first". The cooks even cleared their table before making any attempt at making our meals...

2 more customers came whilst we were waiting who also had a long wait and they also noticed what was going on, so it wasn't just us who noticed this..

The food I had was extremely good. Unlike other posters I also thought it was exceptionally good value for money. I had a chicken curry, which was enormous, too big for two normal people to eat, with lots of good quality chicken, plus rice and a naan bread, which was also huge. I think it all cost about 200 Baht,

Hmm. I ate exactly this as a set dish this afternoon. 145 baht. I thought the taste & quality were pretty good as compared with, say, an average British curry house. But there weren't many pieces of chicken in the 'enormous' amount of curry sauce so I was a bit disappointed.

I live near Carrefour so I'll try the place again soon.

It was a few weeks ago that I was there and so they may have reduced the size of servings since then. To do so would make a lot of sense as it was actually much too big. I have a very healthy appetite, but couldn't even nearly finish it, even with my g/f's help.

<snip>

. Our meals arrived at 9:30pm, 1 hour 30 minutes after we ordered.

When we asked for the bill, we got another nice surprise, the price of a small Chang beer had risen from around 40 or 50 baht to 90 baht. 90 baht for a small chang beer in a small cheap restaurant.. Im no cheap charlie but I have been here long enough to know that is way overpriced.

Since we have ate there several times and the owner knows us quite well, we were a little disappointed that it seemed as though "indian customers come first". The cooks even cleared their table before making any attempt at making our meals...

<snip>

2 more customers came whilst we were waiting who also had a long wait and they also noticed what was going on, so it wasn't just us who noticed this..

They were always slow making the orders when they were down at the bottom of the hill by Thepprasit too.

<snip>

When we asked for the bill, we got another nice surprise, the price of a small Chang beer had risen from around 40 or 50 baht to 90 baht. 90 baht for a small chang beer in a small cheap restaurant.. Im no cheap charlie but I have been here long enough to know that is way overpriced.

<snip>

They were always slow making the orders when they were down at the bottom of the hill by Thepprasit too.

It wasn't really the slowness which annoyed me, but the fact that the indians were ordering extra's all throughout their meal and ordering more as they were eating, So the cooks decided to wait until the indians left before making any attempt to make our meals.. This included clearing their tables after they left when we had already been waiting an hour, and THEN starting to make our meals.. I don't mind if they are slow due to being full or very busy, but seeing the cooks standing chatting with the Indians when we were starving wasn't very pleasant when we had already been waiting an hour..

It doesn't matter though, It won't be happening again as they have lost my custom now (and possibly the custom of the other 2 guys who were complaining about the same thing)

I'm going for an Indian at Carrefour this week. Will report back here how it goes :o

<snip>

<snip>

It wasn't really the slowness which annoyed me, but the fact that the indians were ordering extra's all throughout their meal and ordering more as they were eating, So the cooks decided to wait until the indians left before making any attempt to make our meals.. This included clearing their tables after they left when we had already been waiting an hour, and THEN starting to make our meals.. I don't mind if they are slow due to being full or very busy, but seeing the cooks standing chatting with the Indians when we were starving wasn't very pleasant when we had already been waiting an hour..

It doesn't matter though, It won't be happening again as they have lost my custom now (and possibly the custom of the other 2 guys who were complaining about the same thing)

I'm going for an Indian at Carrefour this week. Will report back here how it goes :D

im afraid i would have said something before waiting an hour especially as you saw them cooking more food for there friends......and when im really hungry my patience/politeness is not so good,i dont blame you for not going back again although maybe if you did you could say that you will wait 20/30 mins max and if not cooked then will not pay/stay.......see what he says to that.

im afraid the business owners here dont have much sense when it comes to retaining customers....they obviously felt the friends were more important than your custom,when will they ever learn....................never :o

<snip>

<snip>

I'm going for an Indian at Carrefour this week. Will report back here how it goes :D

im afraid i would have said something before waiting an hour especially as you saw them cooking more food for there friends......and when im really hungry my patience/politeness is not so good,i dont blame you for not going back again although maybe if you did you could say that you will wait 20/30 mins max and if not cooked then will not pay/stay.......see what he says to that.

im afraid the business owners here dont have much sense when it comes to retaining customers....they obviously felt the friends were more important than your custom,when will they ever learn....................never :o

Yes, I agree..

Since I had been there several times, I didn't want to kick up a fuss but as it was reaching an hour, I was starting to get annoyed and thought to myself "10 more minutes and Im canceling it and walking out" .. Luckily for them, they had started making the meals before those 10 minutes passed.

Anyway, we're going to Carrefour Indian now.. Will post back soon! :D

It is possible that was a one off experience with the Indian friends. What surprises me more is that so many people thought highly of their food. I found it OK, two times at the old location, one time at the new. I stopped going after a very bland chicken tikka masala that tasted like it came out of a packet sauce there after I had requested they spice it up.

I will give this place in Carrrefour a try. I haven't had a really good curry for ages. The last time used to be in Royal Garden food area on 2nd floor, there used to be a great curry place, curry for about 60 baht. Then they closed the whole area down for a ghost room.

I have never been to the new 3rd floor food area at Royal Garden is there a curry place there?

I will give this place in Carrrefour a try. I haven't had a really good curry for ages. The last time used to be in Royal Garden food area on 2nd floor, there used to be a great curry place, curry for about 60 baht. Then they closed the whole area down for a ghost room.

I have never been to the new 3rd floor food area at Royal Garden is there a curry place there?

Went there about 2 weeks ago and the food court was being renovated. The Indian food stall had gone.

As we had only gone there for the lamb rogan josh, we left without eating. However, my wife asked about the Indian and was told they had moved to carrefour food court.

Edited by chickenslegs

Went there about 2 weeks ago and the food court was being renovated. The Indian food stall had gone.

As we had only gone there for the lamb rogan josh, we left without eating. However, my wife asked about the Indian and was told they had moved to carrefour food court.

glad i read thisas the wife and i were going to the royal garden at lunch time for an Indian,always good there ,the one at carefour is good but cant stand the noise from all the machines while you are trying to eat,so much nicer at royal garden.

Broke down and dug deep for the 150 baht special offered at the Carrefore kiosk

Chicken Curry with rice and nan bread.

Good points :

Good size portion with nice white meat chicken

Nice freshly made nan while you wait

jasmine rice

Bad:

curry sauce was sweet and did not have much of any other flavor.

I too went to food wave in Royal Garden Plaza last week and found it had all changed. Basically the prices have went up.

The Indian stall was my favourite for last couple of years. The price of a curry has increased from 140 Baht to 195 Baht. The butter chicken was superb, as was the Lamb Rogan.

Apparently the same company that does Central Chidlom, Bangkok, has taken over it from previous management.

I too went to food wave in Royal Garden Plaza last week and found it had all changed. Basically the prices have went up.

The Indian stall was my favourite for last couple of years. The price of a curry has increased from 140 Baht to 195 Baht. The butter chicken was superb, as was the Lamb Rogan.

Apparently the same company that does Central Chidlom, Bangkok, has taken over it from previous management.

Are you saying that the Indian stall is open again at the Royal garden Plaza?

If so, we will definitely be there again.

We tried a couple of dishes at the Indian at Carrefour yesterday. It was ok but is not the same company as the RGP, and not as good (IMO). Plus, of course, the view is not so good.