Jigsaw Puzzles

delboy

I have a friend visiting me in a few weeks and he would like to buy some jigsaw puzzles to take back for his wife. 1000-1500 pieces, preferably views of Thailand.

Does anyone know a shop that has a reasonable selection? About 10 years ago I knew of several places, but 10 years is a long time in CM and they no longer exist.

I did find a shop on the ground floor of the Carrefour superstore but they had a very limited selection.

Thanks.

Edited by delboy

I have a friend visiting me in a few weeks and he would like to buy some jigsaw puzzles to take back for his wife. 1000-1500 pieces, preferably views of Thailand.

Does anyone know a shop that has a reasonable selection? About 10 years ago I knew of several places, but 10 years is a long time in CM and they no longer exist.

I did find a shop on the ground floor of the Carrefour superstore but they had a very limited selection.

Thanks.

One of the free standing small stalls on ground floor of Airport Plaza, near big fish tank, has quite a lot--mostly for kids but I seem to remember seeing a few Thai scenes,RamaV etc..--worth a look [ a shop in Kamphaeng Phet has stacks but you probably won't be visiting there, if you are looking for fun anyway!]

Thanks.

this is slightly different, but i use a photo hosting gallery called fotopic.net that converts your photos into jigsaws and other bits and bobs for you. had a couple done last christmas and they were really good. so your friend could take snaps of chiang mai and have custom ones made up like that.

edit: hope this isn't considered as advertising, mods. apologies if so.

Edited by StevieH

this is slightly different, but i use a photo hosting gallery called fotopic.net that converts your photos into jigsaws and other bits and bobs for you. had a couple done last christmas and they were really good. so your friend could take snaps of chiang mai and have custom ones made up like that.

edit: hope this isn't considered as advertising, mods. apologies if so.

Thanks for the suggestion. I think it's a great idea to get your own personalised jigsaw, but I really think my friend is looking for something he bought during his trip. I might use the service myself later as I'm fond of the odd jigsaw puzzle.

"One of the free standing small stalls on ground floor of Airport Plaza, near big fish tank, has quite a lot--mostly for kids "

I think the big water tank disappeared some time ago, but I know roughly where you mean. I'll take a look next time I'm in town. Thanks for the suggestion.

delboy .... I think the big water tank disappeared some time ago ?

Wrong ! ..... It was there on the 8th of November and it was still there yesterday !

regards .... dave2

Well, so it is. Apologies to all. It does seem a bit smaller than I remember it. I thought it was at least 2 floors high.

I must confess that I haven't noticed it for 6 months, or so.