4 Grenades Explode Near Thailand's Anti-government Tv Station

LaoPo

To be fair, I think this is turning into an absolute farce. This may well win them some friends, but looking at the pictures of the traffic mayhem near Rangsit today, this could probably well end up losing them the "hearts and minds" of many "undecided"s.

Do you have prove that Rangsit traffic problem is caused by PAD. Rangsit traffic is gridlock just like everyday (apart from Sunday). However I have prove from Deputy Director of Don Mueang Airport Lt.Wisit Ew-Prapha (วิศิษฐ์ อิ้วประภา) that everything in Don Muang is running smoothly, just like when PAD is not there. Source: National News Bureau of Thailand - 25 November 2008

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i suppose all PAD guards I personally saw outside ASTV all carrying weapons of one sort or another were outsiders who infiltrated ASTV

:o

I think some of you guys need to make an effort to actually go and see these criminals in action rather thatn just read reports. i have been to see it with my own eyes, I also see it when collecting daughter from school who is unfortunate enough to attend school near the criminals camp. I have lost count of the numebr of days schooling she has had to miss this year because the school is closed because the criminals decide on another futile demonstration.

If anyone would like me to take them to the PAD strongholds and point out the criminals weilding arms then please PM me and i will meet you there and show you, hey I will even show you the jeep that was carrying explosives and blew up (lets remember the family of the victim here admitted he was ex police who had been a supporter of PAD for 2 years and was knowingly carrying explosives)

i suppose all PAD guards I personally saw outside ASTV all carrying weapons of one sort or another were outsiders who infiltrated ASTV

I think some of you guys need to make an effort to actually go and see these criminals in action rather thatn just read reports. i have been to see it with my own eyes, I also see it when collecting daughter from school who is unfortunate enough to attend school near the criminals camp. I have lost count of the numebr of days schooling she has had to miss this year because the school is closed because the criminals decide on another futile demonstration.

If anyone would like me to take them to the PAD strongholds and point out the criminals weilding arms then please PM me and i will meet you there and show you, hey I will even show you the jeep that was carrying explosives and blew up (lets remember the family of the victim here admitted he was ex police who had been a supporter of PAD for 2 years and was knowingly carrying explosives)

You can post your pictures here. That's allowed.

I've heard that the PAD are going to be moving to Suvarnabhumi next.

Close to home, want to know in advance if there's going to be traffic disruption. Can anyone confirm this?

They are going to be everywhere because they are on.... Slang dictionary at the ready

"A wild goose chase" organised by the government.

To be fair, I think this is turning into an absolute farce. This may well win them some friends, but looking at the pictures of the traffic mayhem near Rangsit today, this could probably well end up losing them the "hearts and minds" of many "undecided"s.

Do you have prove that Rangsit traffic problem is caused by PAD. Rangsit traffic is gridlock just like everyday (apart from Sunday). However I have prove from Deputy Director of Don Mueang Airport Lt.Wisit Ew-Prapha (วิศิษฐ์ อิ้วประภา) that everything in Don Muang is running smoothly, just like when PAD is not there. Source: National News Bureau of Thailand - 25 November 2008

It was on TV this morning, and a colleague tried to get out to Ayuttaya leaving the office at 9.45. Traffic was much worse much later in the morning (10.30 am) than usual on both the expressway and non-expressway roads. I was at the airport yesterday afternoon as some protestors were starting to arrive. It was ok, but buses were stopping on the main road to drop them off causing some problems.

In fairness, the initial report is always that everything is running fine, only to be often followed by another different story.

Other reports have said that PAD are in the "terminals". Well whoever wrote this is not being exactly very helpful since there are 3, 2 of which are dormant and one is still running.

If the running terminal is fine, good I am glad.

Edited by Thai at Heart

I am not interested in pictures sunbeam, you still wouldnt believe it.

Feel free to PM me and we can arrange to walk down there together :D

You must be lying.

I saw the same with my eyes, and every PAD supporter call me a lier. So I am calling you one too.

PAD are peaceful unarmed angles sent by god to remove corrupted dictators for the common good of Thai people.

< additional rehashing of old, disproven points regarding Oct 7 snipped >

If this post is in reference to the PAD guards searching possessions of others at the airport, are you aware that security personnel of all sorts, who may be armed in some fashion themselves, often conduct searches of others at venues and occasions where searching for weapons is conducted?

It was on TV this morning, and a colleague tried to get out to Ayuttaya leaving the office at 9.45. Traffic was much worse much later in the morning (10.30 am) than usual on both the expressway and non-expressway roads. I was at the airport yesterday afternoon as some protestors were starting to arrive. It was ok, but buses were stopping on the main road to drop them off causing some problems.

In fairness, the initial report is always that everything is running fine, only to be often followed by another different story.

Other reports have said that PAD are in the "terminals". Well whoever wrote this is not being exactly very helpful since there are 3, 2 of which are dormant and one is still running.

If the running terminal is fine, good I am glad.

PAD are human too. Human needs to go to the toilets, especially the women, that's a fact of life. If there are 100,000 in Don Muang as claimed by PAD (sorry if I mis-quote, I was lead to belive by ASTV), guess how many people will be running in and out of Don Muang airport toilets.

Have you used toilet in one of the trade fair like Motor show? I can imagine what is it going to smell like. Alos, don't forget the the facilities at Don Muang have scaled down quite a bit since Suwannapumi opens.

Chaovarat holds urgent meeting of security agencies

Deputy Prime Minister Chaovarat Chanweerakul, caretaker PM, held an urgent meeting (with) security agencies Tuesday.

He plans to hold a press conference in the afternoon to announce the meeting's results.

Source: The Nation - 25 November 2008

If this post is in reference to the PAD guards searching possessions of others at the airport, are you aware that security personnel of all sorts, who may be armed in some fashion themselves, often conduct searches of others at venues and occasions where searching for weapons is conducted?

do me a favour mate and actually read what is written and what it is in response to, I am not referring to the airport. If people in here actually made more of an effort to read what is written and respond to that, rather than respond to what they want you to have written then this thread could actually be a decent debate.

(Tired jaded kneejerk PAD response snipped)

Sorry werbs,

The fact that they were there is not good enough. It does not fit with the PAD line that is been sung on here.

Most people do believe you. and I do mean most!

Edited by grandpops

You must be lying.

I saw the same with my eyes, and every PAD supporter call me a lier. So I am calling you one too.

PAD are peaceful unarmed angles sent by god to remove corrupted dictators for the common good of Thai people.

:D yeah maybe I am colour blind and they were all really wearing red shirts

THE RIGHT TO SEARCH or BESEARCHED. If I have a domestic flight. I turn up, in an innocent red T-shirt with no markings, and the black PAD guard wanted to search me and my 20kg of luggage + golf bag? Do I have right to refuse?

Edited by CuttySark

Army Chief: Ready for PAD Protesters at Royal Thai Army HQ

The Army chief says the military is ready for the onslaught of PAD supporters who are planning to surround the Royal Thai Army headquarters to prevent the Cabinet meeting from being able to take place.

General Anupong Paochinda says the army is ready for the PAD's plan to surround the Royal Thai Army headquarters. Around 20 miilitary officers are now on a standby and firetrucks have also been dispatched to the area.

Source: Thailand Outlook - 25 November 2008

Thank you for your eye witness account. I am sorry that your daughter has missed a lot of school because of the PAD mob. People forget that PAD has its fair share of paid ex-military and ex-police which are on the Sondhi payroll and its these people that primary culprits in damage to property and attacks against police when they go on their so called peaceful marches not to mention the bombs they have been caught with. In pictures yesterday I saw at least 50 heavily armed black PAD at the front of the demonstration line to parliament all carrying various weopons and ready to use them. I am sure there are pictures of them posted out there as with previous marches I saw mainy pictures of PAD violence and damage of property.

Army Chief: Ready for PAD Protesters at Royal Thai Army HQ

The Army chief says the military is ready for the onslaught of PAD supporters who are planning to surround the Royal Thai Army headquarters to prevent the Cabinet meeting from being able to take place.

General Anupong Paochinda says the army is ready for the PAD's plan to surround the Royal Thai Army headquarters. Around 20 miilitary officers are now on a standby and firetrucks have also been dispatched to the area.

Source: Thailand Outlook - 25 November 2008

Now this could be an interesting situation.

I am not interested in pictures sunbeam, you still wouldnt believe it.

Feel free to PM me and we can arrange to walk down there together :D

So you don't have pictures, if I want to walk there I can take a taxi and walk there....I was several times at the PAD, nice friendly folks, so no need for any protection from you.

Sad that you don't have any pictures of the guards with the AKA47 and the Flamethrower or whatever you have seen.

People have the right at the ballot box to remove governments. Any other way it is called Coup or revolution.

Yeah, that was the first thing I said this morning:

A little perspective here - from Declaration of Independence:

"..whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on.."

Genuine humor here ---- one of TV's leading advocates for a PAD inspired dictatorship ----- quoting from a declaration about democracy. C'mon PLUS ...... give us some other passages.................... :o

I am not referring to the airport.

if it wasn't in reference to the airport, then sorry... but as your post didn't quote any post and used the distinctive referenced "infiltrated" word, which WAS in response to the airport, it's easy to see how it might have been mistaken.

Perhaps a single quote of the post you are responding to would be helpful.

Thank you for your eye witness account. I am sorry that your daughter has missed a lot of school because of the PAD mob. People forget that PAD has its fair share of paid ex-military and ex-police which are on the Sondhi payroll and its these people that primary culprits in damage to property and attacks against police when they go on their so called peaceful marches not to mention the bombs they have been caught with. In pictures yesterday I saw at least 50 heavily armed black PAD at the front of the demonstration line to parliament all carrying various weopons and ready to use them. I am sure there are pictures of them posted out there as with previous marches I saw mainy pictures of PAD violence and damage of property.

What is heavily armed? Guns? Or gulf clubs?

A fair share of the military does not need to be paid to support PAD. They have a lot supporters there....

the temporary prime minister couldn't hold meetings at the temporary government house...

Chaovarat holds urgent meeting of security agencies

Deputy Prime Minister Chaovarat Chanweerakul, caretaker PM, held an urgent meeting security agencies Tuesday.

He plans to hold a press conference in the afternoon to announce the meeting's results.

- The Nation / 2008-11-25

I am not referring to the airport.

if it wasn't in reference to the airport, then sorry... but as your post didn't quote any post and used the distinctive referenced "infiltrated" word, which WAS in response to the airport, it's easy to see how it might have been mistaken.

Perhaps a single quote of the post you are responding to would be helpful.

I think his original post said... he saw this at the ASTV camp and near his daughter's school

PAD urged to review itself

Deputy House speaker urged the anti-government People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) to review itself whether it was suitable to block working of various government agencies, suggesting it to abide by democracy.

Deputy House speaker Mr. Samart Kaewmeechai (สามารถ แก้วมีชัย) disclosed today (November 25) that the scheduled Parliament's meeting on Wednesday would have to be postponed if PAD moved to block the Parliament again.

Mr. Samart was confident, however, the House of Representatives' meeting during November 26 and 27 would not be opposed by PAD, since it would not be the joint meeting between lower and upper Houses. However, if PAD came over to block the Parliament again, the meeting may have to be postponed in order to avoid confrontation.

Regarding the Parliament's extraordinary session between December 8 and 9, Mr. Samart hoped that the protesting situation at the time would be eased. The meeting would be held. However, he suggested the government to accelerate making relevant parties to understand that the session needed to be held.

Source: National News Bureau of Thailand - 25 November 2008

You fail to see the main point: PAD DOES NOT BELONG THERE, their "guards" should not be searching any one, or blocking anything... PAD was not hired by the GOVT to do airport security.... I am not pro-govt, and not pro-PAD, but in my humble opinion there is a correct and wrong way to protest, and PAD is acting in a wrong manner... If their message of the GOVT is bad is accurate or not, well I will leave that up to the Thai's to decide, but the actions they are using to convey their message is WRONG.

Democrat secretary-general slams PAD

Opposition Democrat party secretary-general expressed disagreement that the anti-government People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) would block the Suvarnabhumi international airport as it would adversely affect the country's economy and tourism.

Democrat party secretary-general Mr. Suthep Tuaksuban said today (November 25) the government was unable to handle current situation. So it had better resign and set up a special government with every sector participating in the new administration.

The government, he suggested, may opt another alternative solution via dissolving the lower House. However, Mr. Suthep was certain that the government would not do so as he alleged the government did not care for the country and was only interested in helping former prime minister Pol Lt Col Thaksin Shinnawatra to return to the country.

Mr.Suthep heaped praising the military for its neutral stance in the situation, while admiring the police's work.

Source: National News Bureau of Thailand - 25 November 2008

Protesters mobilising to disrupt Cabinet meeting

Demonstrators led by the PAD will protest in front of the Royal Thai Armed Forces Headquarters to prevent the Cabinet meeting from taking place on Tuesday afternoon. PAD core member Amorn Amornrattananond told the protesters at the acting government house at Don Mueang airport that they will gather in front of the Royal Thai Armed Forces Headquarters on Chaeng Wattana road to stop the government from holding its weekly Cabinet meeting at 2pm. The Cabinet meetings were previously held at the acting government house at Don Mueang airport before the anti-government demonstrators occupied the surrounding areas on Monday.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=132283