Belly Dancing

gpdjohn

My sister in law is into belly dancing ( I'm trying not to visualize it, I'm sure it is discusting) and while talking to her the other day and asking the wrong question...

"What would you like from Santa this year?" her reply was "a belly dancing outfit".

Does anyone know of where in CM I might go and purchase a belly dancing outfit?

Freaky diki, I know.

( and I know she will not look like this..)

post-46099-1227494794_thumb.jpg

My sister in law is into belly dancing ( I'm trying not to visualize it, I'm sure it is discusting) and while talking to her the other day and asking the wrong question...

"What would you like from Santa this year?" her reply was "a belly dancing outfit".

Freaky diki, I know.

I have an ex girlfriend who was a part-time professional belly dancer while attending we were grad school. She made all her own costumes. I remember us sitting around the table in the evenings, me reading and she sewing sequins, silks, and beads onto plain cotton bras and panties or two-piece bathing suits. It would take her about a week of sewing to make one piece. ... and she did look like that!!! :o

Edited by FolkGuitar

gpdjohn.

maybe you could try contacting these people near CMU ?

they are obviously looking for new people and probably get the costumes made for new students somewhere ? or know where to buy them

regards ..... dave2

Ps ... the original notice / flyer is on the UN irish bar notice board

Freaky diki, I know.

John, you really are an old fart who protests too much!!

Belly dancing is fun exercise for a lot of women. I'll bet you can find some way to get help by googling, at least to get some information on designs. It is not the sort of thing one would buy off the rack! They have to be custom-made basically. A costume for sale in Thailand!!!! I think that's pretty funny, but I'll bet your sister-in-law and some tailor (with the swimsuit base) can work something up that she'll enjoy creating and wearing!

Edited by Mapguy

Freaky diki, I know.

Belly dancing is fun exercise for a lot of women. I'll bet you can find some way to get help by googling, at least to get some information on designs. It is not the sort of thing one would buy off the rack! They have to be custom-made basically. A costume for sale in Thailand!!!! I think that's pretty funny, but I'll bet your sister-in-law and some tailor (with the swimsuit base) can work something up that she'll enjoy creating and wearing!

I guess I am a old fart cuz I really did not know that. I thought, like a football uniform, you could buy 'em in a store.

Not much knowledge in the belly dancing area....

My sister in law is in the US, in her '40's and I figured she would ask for the carved elephant, not like Thailand is the belly dancing capital, so was kinda floored when she asked for this.

She said she belly dances on Sundays with a group of other 40 yr olds, so now I wonder why, if she knew you have to make 'em, why ask me...in SE Asia no less...

Had no clue, but smarter now. :o ( somewhat )

On the ground floor of Airport Plaza, walk towards the TOPs market, on your right hand side a clothes shop, not sure of the name but they allways have two badly dressed mannequins in the entrance, on the right hand side by the counter lots of belly dancing stuff, with bells on!

Freaky diki, I know.

I guess I am a old fart cuz I really did not know that. I thought, like a football uniform, you could buy 'em in a store.

Not much knowledge in the belly dancing area....

My sister in law is in the US, in her '40's and I figured she would ask for the carved elephant, not like Thailand is the belly dancing capital, so was kinda floored when she asked for this.

She said she belly dances on Sundays with a group of other 40 yr olds, so now I wonder why, if she knew you have to make 'em, why ask me...in SE Asia no less...

Had no clue, but smarter now. :o ( somewhat )

Although my friend used to make her own, you CAN buy them. There are plenty of stores that cater to the dance crowd, and a lot of them are on line. Just be ready to fork over about $200 USD for one. If you do a Google search using;

costumes belly dance

you'll find quite a few to choose from.

Don't let this guy fool you...John wants the costume for himself. I have inside info.His moves are still crude and manlike

But man can he shake it!

so thats what you were doing in the garden when i went past the other day, and here's me thinking you were wafting away all the mozzys :o

Don't let this guy fool you...John wants the costume for himself. I have inside info.His moves are still crude and manlike

But man can he shake it!

so thats what you were doing in the garden when i went past the other day, and here's me thinking you were wafting away all the mozzys :D

:o

Hips forward...hips backward..shake it, shake it...left leg in..left leg out...move it, move it...

Yeah, I waved to your woman when the dog was taking her for a walk the other day too.