My Wife: Pattaya Baht Bus Driver

syd barrett

I am getting sick and tired of the wife lying around watching Thai TV all day so I had a brainwave plan. Buy a second hand baht bus and put her to work. I could help out by sitting in the front taking the 10 bahts and giving change which is a big help and on the days I won't do this, get a family member (Thai) sit in the back and take fares and give change. This would save time and increase profits.

Also another idea I have is to have her drive slower and do some surveys on the financial advantages of various routes and best times of day, whilst also advertising charter baht bus trips by mobile phone contact.

At this stage it is just an idea, but I believe I have enough good ideas to make my baht bus business the best in Pattaya.

Comments will be appreciated.

I am getting sick and tired of the wife lying around watching Thai TV all day so I had a brainwave plan. Buy a second hand baht bus and put her to work. I could help out by sitting in the front taking the 10 bahts and giving change which is a big help and on the days I won't do this, get a family member (Thai) sit in the back and take fares and give change. This would save time and increase profits.

Also another idea I have is to have her drive slower and do some surveys on the financial advantages of various routes and best times of day, whilst also advertising charter baht bus trips by mobile phone contact.

At this stage it is just an idea, but I believe I have enough good ideas to make my baht bus business the best in Pattaya.

I dont imagine they would let a falang do this 50% 50% with his wife I bet the jobs are coveted and hand outs paid etc.

Dont know just what I think :o

She could apply to lease a truck from the mafia office. I think you might be able to ride along and stick your hand out to accept fares, but thats about it. Enjoy! I assume you are tongue cheekin' it but of course you can't just buy your OWN truck and be a baht bus operator.

Edited by Jingthing

:o:D

Have you been reading books by Marquis de Sade ? post-13995-1227567250.png Portrait of the Marquis de Sade by Charles-Amédée-Philippe van Loo (c. 1761), the only portrait that Sade actually sat for.

LaoPo

i cant think of anything more mind numbing than sitting in a baht bus all day in pattaya. i guess if your one of those who sit around every day and start drinking from 8am than it might be a nice change.

how about giving her a reason to go out and do something. hardly think she's going to like being told, go drive a pick up round town in shit traffic for less money than your giving her now. better option is to get the shits with you and sit around and watch more tv.

good luck with that.

Oh my God

It'[s the best idea i ever read in this forum, because we really need more baht busses in Pattaya, there aren't enought yet. So many farangs wil follow you with the same idea. All other local bahtbus drivers and the local mafia will be happy to see a farang opperating this business. Good luck with your Work Permit application.

Probably classed as 'shop assistant' so a WP for Baht Bus co-driver is unlikely, also you would probably need a total of 4 staff at your place of work - sitting in the back, just sitting. :o

Having a farang-friendly BB driver could do wonders, being able to refer to and understand a map of the greater Pattaya area. Understand the locations requested, The Winchester, Eden, the nearest movie theater etc.

I believe I was told once that the Baht Buses are centrally owned and are hired out to drivers on a daily basis.

Apart from the madness induced in driving the same circuit every day, might it be more profitable and more interesting to set up as an airport limo (private hire) driver. Set up contacts with the 800/1200 Baht stalls around the city, with a CNG powered car your would make a profit from the 500-800 Baht fare after comission.

She could apply to lease a truck from the mafia office. I think you might be able to ride along and stick your hand out to accept fares, but thats about it. Enjoy! I assume you are tongue cheekin' it but of course you can't just buy your OWN truck and be a baht bus operator.

Jingthing. I am so disappointed in your response.

Why do you think this is tongue in cheek? Thai wife plus falang, surely that has to be a brilliant combination.

Just think of all the innovations a brilliant transport organiser like yourself could introduce. You could get the driver to slow down as you pass the Taxi Meters outside the Avenue Mall and open and slam the doors saying "no meter, No Jingthing".

I can just see you patiently handing back 5 baht pieces to drunks, Indians and Arabs and others who think that 10 baht is the correct fare from Jomtien to the Dolphin Circle.

'No no. Please Sir/Madam Its only 5 baht. I am not a member of the mafia' you will say. "its been such a pleasure to transport you, I couldn't possibly take so much".

:D :D :o

Edited by beginner

10 baht is the correct fare from Jomtien to the Dolphin Circle for Thais.

i thought it was one price fare for all,i can remember paying only 10 baht from jomtien to soi 6/2nd road,thought it was brilliant.Back to syd's question,i think its a great idea but with little hope of success,but it says a lot for your imagination "piper at the gates of dawn" come to mind,it also tells me you are fed up with your other half lying around doing nothing..............you have to treat them like children,much cheaper for you to take away the TV.

10 baht is the correct fare from Jomtien to the Dolphin Circle for Thais.

i thought it was one price fare for all,i can remember paying only 10 baht from jomtien to soi 6/2nd road,thought it was brilliant.Back to syd's question,i think its a great idea but with little hope of success,but it says a lot for your imagination "piper at the gates of dawn" come to mind,it also tells me you are fed up with your other half lying around doing nothing..............you have to treat them like children,much cheaper for you to take away the TV.

Yes, that would be 10 B for everyone to that location. However, farangs going all the way to the Dolphin often face demands to pay 20 B for such a trip. The dividing line appears to be Pattaya Klang (for farangs).

A mate's wife did just that. She packed it in after a week 'cos she ended up out of pocket.