Building Material Prices

ozode

I have been looking for Parquet for our condo here in Bangkok. I have looked at Bang Po and some of the other wholesalers in Bangkok. I cannot find any really good prices, nothing comparable to what I can get materials for back in the US. Does anyone know anywhere, where I can get Parquet at a good price?

I hear this all the time, "I can buy a piece of land in Arizona for a quarter of the price here", "I can buy a car twice as good for half the price in Texas" The price here is what the price is. Methinks you have to get used to it!

• 1 month later...
I hear this all the time, "I can buy a piece of land in Arizona for a quarter of the price here", "I can buy a car twice as good for half the price in Texas" The price here is what the price is. Methinks you have to get used to it!

In other words you don't know.

Agreed, you're shopping here so get used to it. Shop for the best value you can find here. Be it the lowest price or the best quality or if lucky you get both.

Or just keep looking and talking to other people

Agreed, you're shopping here so get used to it. Shop for the best value you can find here. Be it the lowest price or the best quality or if lucky you get both.

yeah good luck with finding them

Thanks you guys were absolutely no help and frankly I feel robbed of my time, by even reading your replies. It is a good thing that I am stuborn and refuse to pay a high price for what I know is available for less. If anyone needs some help with this subject, you can send me a message and I will do my best to help you, because that is the point of this website. What I will not do, is drone on about how the price is what the price is, when in fact I dont really know. Or just call Tanida Lakornsri at this number 0899876413 and she will help you. Oh and you will not get a farang price. You have to order the product, but you can save a lot of money. She also speaks english well so you dont have to worry about the language barrier.

Now that is what help is not some bs about how you pay what you pay. I dont care if you can offer someone information that might save them a few baht a sqm it is better than nothing.

Ok get upset but I believe I gave you an honest answer to your question.

I run in to the same things all the time regarding material prices. I look on here and other forums and find what has been said and then I go beat the bushes myself with leg work and putting up with answers about you can't get it or we no have or whatever but I persist in finding whatever I am looking for after checking as many sources as I feel I need for the item so that I feel I am comfortable with paying x baht for it.

Others have said you do yourself no good by shopping here and comparing prices to the USA or any other place and I believe that's correct also. What good does it do you to compare an item here and the same item there if the best price for it is 100 or 1000 baht more than the USA? If you shopped til you dropped and cannot get your US price that's life. Either buy it or find an alternative.

It's been stated many times from different people that some things are priced higher here than back in our home countries and the item may even be made here. What are you going to do?

I stated that you should shop for the best value and quality and then make your choice.

That's it and I stand by what I said.

As for your parquet prices? I have no idea as I never shopped for the flooring but someone here must have bought some and they can say what they paid and where. But comparing that to the US does you no good as you're here and you must buy it at the best price here even if that price is more than the USA price. Unless you know how to get stuff shipped in here for free in the time you need it.

Turn it around^^^^^^^^^^^^^if you were shopping in the USA and wanted something would you be comparing everything to the price here in Thailand? I think not! What good would that do? Will you get on a plane and come back here to buy it?

Ok get upset but I believe I gave you an honest answer to your question.

I appologize for getting upset. As far as better prices though, this is what I have found. Check with the importers. Many of the importers are charging normal wholesale pricing that is lower than what you pay in many of the countries you come from. It is the local wholesaler and retailers that are adding the monster margin in. For example, with Parquet. The local company that is retailing it here is charging their customers almost 2200 baht or more for some exotic woods. They have to charge less for Teak, but still they are charging a lot for what they pay for it. The importers will take orders from you and in many cases compile a order or add you to smaller orders that they have and you can save money.

In my case, I refuse to pay to much for products and if we educate ourself by working together and getting ideas from all the farangs on this site, then we can live for cheaper. Maybe not on everything, but on some items you can save on. There are a lot of farangs on this site that have lived in Thailand for many years and they know where they can get a Thai price on things or get a good price. So those are the ones that I wanted to hear from. I appologized about my temper earlier, being a former military officer I am not used to get a disrepectful answer as I got from Rimmer and it set me off. So I appologize.

As far as me, I have been in Thailand for about 3 years now. I am a importer, but not in Parquet. Still I know from my company how to get import prices on products and ship stuff around the world. So before I make a big purchase on a imported product I find out what the cost is for the product. I can apply it to the market and then figure out whether I am getting a good price or if someone is ripping me off. In this case I was looking for the name of a place who was not giving a inflated price. Perhaps someone has already done this research.

Now, I have done the research so if anyone out there is looking for construction materials for less. Contact Tanida at Muangthai Woodcrafts Co., Ltd. Her number is 0899876413. She is a importer so you will have to wait for your product, but you can save a lot. I got parquet from her for 40% of market price. So you save a lot.

Edited by ozode