Some Of The People Need A Lesson On Life

bravingbangkok

I cannot understand why foreigners who live here are getting so angered with the PAD and the situation they have made, if you do not like it then bugger off to the power to the gov and no one else west !

This is their country and they have a right to do what they deem necassary. This is Thailands form of democracy and it will never change because this is how the cycle works and has thus far resolved all political situations with the minimal of civilian casualties. Can you imagine what the scene would be like if this happened in a south amercian country ? I do not want to !

I feel sorry for the tourists who were simply on holiday here and especially if they have kids, are old or disabled in anyway. I have no time for expats who live here making accusations against the PAD for what they are doing. As I have said before it quite simply is none of our business and if you do not like it then do not live here.

Their are many qualities in living in Thailand but just as in life there have to be negatives to balance it out. If you do not understand the fact that this type of situation is going to present itself all to often in this country then I would back ya bags now and head home.....well not by plane hahah

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I cannot understand why foreigners who live here are getting so angered with the PAD and the situation they have made, if you do not like it then bugger off to the power to the gov and no one else west !

This is their country and they have a right to do what they deem necassary. This is Thailands form of democracy and it will never change because this is how the cycle works and has thus far resolved all political situations with the minimal of civilian casualties. Can you imagine what the scene would be like if this happened in a south amercian country ? I do not want to !

I feel sorry for the tourists who were simply on holiday here and especially if they have kids, are old or disabled in anyway. I have no time for expats who live here making accusations against the PAD for what they are doing. As I have said before it quite simply is none of our business and if you do not like it then do not live here.

Their are many qualities in living in Thailand but just as in life there have to be negatives to balance it out. If you do not understand the fact that this type of situation is going to present itself all to often in this country then I would back ya bags now and head home.....well not by plane hahah

Mate, its not just the foreigners on here who hate this situation, talk to the majority of working Thais in BKK and upcountry and you will see that this group has gone too far. Can't you even see the Democrats are gently doing a two step to distance themselves further from the yellow mob?

Mate when you come here , invest a lot of money , employ many Thai workers , you expect in return a

bit of a safe and democratic society , go to the BOI website -or even Thai Tourism , there is never any mention of

Terrorists taking over airports and bombs in streets, So what goes on here is my problem because i am the one employing Thai,s and investing money

Mate, its not just the foreigners on here who hate this situation, talk to the majority of working Thais in BKK and upcountry and you will see that this group has gone too far. Can't you even see the Democrats are gently doing a two step to distance themselves further from the yellow mob?

You are absolutely right, please James do not get me wrong this is a bummer of a situation for all but as someone said before, is this not what democracy is about ???...power to the people and all that ? I say let this situation run its course with no violence, it is annoying, it is disruptive and I am going to miss the biggest football match of my clubs year lolol but hey thats life right ?

Mate when you come here , invest a lot of money , employ many Thai workers , you expect in return a

bit of a safe and democratic society , go to the BOI website -or even Thai Tourism , there is never any mention of

Terrorists taking over airports and bombs in streets, So what goes on here is my problem because i am the one employing Thai,s and investing money

I totally understand where you are coming from, I myself am not losing money from this situation but fear in the long run I possibly could. The thing is nobody said doing business was not risky in any shape or form, country or city.

What a stange post from the OP.

Another member of 'if you don't like it you can leave' brigade.

(If you don't like what a tiny minority group are doing against an elected government then you should leave? Oli wa, ali na...)

haha ok if you think the past elections ahve not been bought you are living on another planet.

Arai

I have no time for expats who live here making accusations against the PAD for what they are doing

Then probably an expat forum about Thailand is not the right place for you.

Forums are for opinions and information.

and maybe some people should learn they cannot have everything perfect in life.

I have no time for expats who live here making accusations against the PAD for what they are doing

I'm sure most people know that but why that should stop expats in Thailand commenting on important events in Thailand I don't know.

:o It's only 13:30 an you're sozzled already... good going, I think I'll grab a tiger and join you (no work tomorrow).

its amazing that OP takes the time to tell us how pointless our discussion is, thus joining the discussion himself.

It is amazing how many times you have had stupid inacurate and basically childish comments deleted from this forum.

Where did I state that any discussion was pointless ? and what discussion did I partake in ? I started this discussion and it is not the discussion I am targeting but the feelings and views of those discussing.

Oh dear someone has just been told.

:o It's only 13:30 an you're sozzled already... good going, I think I'll grab a tiger and join you (no work tomorrow).

Sarcasm is for the weak minded.

You are absolutely right, please James do not get me wrong this is a bummer of a situation for all but as someone said before, is this not what democracy is about ???...power to the people and all that ? I say let this situation run its course with no violence, it is annoying, it is disruptive and I am going to miss the biggest football match of my clubs year lolol but hey thats life right ?

Nobody is complaining about the PAD's right to demonstrate. What we are complaining about it that this latest move hurts more than anyone else, the people they proclaim to be protesting on behalf of. Take off the blinders.

This thread already shows the makings of a good 'un. Some much needed light-hearted relief during a time of stress and pain.

Let's keep it civil, and it'll be fun.

I'm off for a qiuck shower, but will eagerly return in five minutes, with a tiger, for some more (and much needed) 'lesson on life'.

This thread already shows the makings of a good 'un. Some much needed light-hearted relief during a time of stress and pain.

Let's keep it civil, and it'll be fun.

I'm off for a qiuck shower, but will eagerly return in five minutes, with a tiger, for some more (and much needed) 'lesson on life'.

Take 10 mins please, its beyond civil now.

Sarcasm is for the weak minded.

You have me there. Pom men maar, bpi ab naam, mar (how do I say soon?)(Wolfie'd be impressed!)

My flight out of Swampy was delayed 45 minutes around 5pm, 4h before AOT closed the place.

The crew was stuck on it's way to the airport, so it did concern me.

Furthermore the woman I live with since 7 years is getting more and more upset every day with these circus artist, so it does concern this expat living in Thailand. I have to live with all these idiots.

Whether you do or do not not understand that won't make any difference though :o

Yes, I agree but on the other hand doesn't everyone have a right to voice their opinion, or are you wanting to take that away?

Nobody is complaining about the PAD's right to demonstrate. What we are complaining about it that this latest move hurts more than anyone else, the people they proclaim to be protesting on behalf of. Take off the blinders.

I understand that but hey its a protest what do you expect, you would not get anywhere by just sitting in a field in the middle of no where waving flags would you ?

(If you don't like what a tiny minority group are doing against an elected government then you should leave? Oli wa, ali na...)

"tiny minority" and "Elected Government"

these are the points which reoccur like a clockwork...

Does "tiny minority" make them automatically worthless?

Does "elected, democratically elected Government" make the Government immune against ANYTHING the electorate doesn't like?

Does an "elected Government" then have the rights to amend a constitution to bring an general amnesty against former indicted politicians?

Does an "elected Government" has the unquestionable right then to do what ever it pleases?

Does an "elected Government" has NO responsibilities towards the people by which it was elected?

Does an "elected Government" not to follow the given rules?

Does an "elected Government" has a free ticket to ride, to promote nepotism, corruption, opportunism in office?

Is it this what a "tiny minority" has to respect and simply shut up because they are, proven or unproven a "tiny minority"?

If the current Parties are really that much loved by the population, they could be sure of re-elections, why then they aren't going to go for it and dissolve the house?

Why not?

I f they are the CAUSE of the trouble, why isn't this "elected Government" giving in?

Why?

Because they have been treated "unfairly" by the biased courts, everything in this country is a conspiracy against these "honest" and "sincere" politicians, with an incredible score card of scandals and misdoings?

Well, I feel really,really sorry for them, angels!

is it so?

Yes, I agree but on the other hand doesn't everyone have a right to voice their opinion, or are you wanting to take that away?

No absolutely not and I am not saying that. I just think people should just sit back and watch society at its best ! use this as a life experience :o

"tiny minority" and "Elected Government"

these are the points which reoccur like a clockwork...

Does "tiny minority" make them automatically worthless?

Does "elected, democratically elected Government" make the Government immune against ANYTHING the electorate doesn't like?

Does an "elected Government" then have the rights to amend a constitution to bring an general amnesty against former indicted politicians?

Does an "elected Government" has the unquestionable right then to do what ever it pleases?

Does an "elected Government" has NO responsibilities towards the people by which it was elected?

Does an "elected Government" not to follow the given rules?

Does an "elected Government" has a free ticket to ride, to promote nepotism, corruption, opportunism in office?

Is it this what a "tiny minority" has to respect and simply shut up because they are, proven or unproven a "tiny minority"?

If the current Parties are really that much loved by the population, they could be sure of re-elections, why then they aren't going to go for it and dissolve the house?

Why not?

I f they are the CAUSE of the trouble, why isn't this "elected Government" giving in?

Why?

Because they have been treated "unfairly" by the biased courts, everything in this country is a conspiracy against these "honest" and "sincere" politicians, with an incredible score card of scandals and misdoings?

Well, I feel really,really sorry for them, angels!

is it so?

Great post

Why are you surprised that expats have an opinion? We pretty much have an opinion on everything from the best Mexican food in BKK to censoring movies to whether a farang and a Thai can have a meaningful relationship. And now there is a situation which is having a direct impact on many expats, and you think they should ignore it?

Granted, I do believe there is a line after which, if a person thinks things are too bad here, that person should just leave. But simply discussing things here is a far cry from taking action.

You say this is democracy in action. Others say it is thuggery. Different opinions for different people. But a civil discussion here is hardly out of line.

I do not advocate expats picking a shirt color and heading off to the protests. This is a Thai matter. But I do think that discussing this and pointing out the fallacies (from any side) is certainly normal and acceptable.