State Of Emergency Declared

george

I keep reading about the " terrorist " PAD and feel the need to correct whoever is using it in this context to describe them

terrorist n. (often attrib.) person using esp. organized violence against a government etc. terrorism n. [French: related to *terror]

terrorize v. (also -ise) (-zing or -sing) 1 fill with terror. 2 use terrorism against. terrorization n.

terror-stricken adj. (also terror-struck) affected with terror.

Seems to me you are attributing it to the wrong set of demonstrators and should be using it in it,s correct form / meaning / and should put it where it truly belongs with and deservedly so, the UDD / DAD

They have consistently terrorised citizens all over the country and continue to do so on a daily basis.

MEGA TIME

Instigated and paid for by the the EVIL BASTARD / Criminal fugitive who is behind the causes of all that is / has been taking place..

Yes it,s that despot in the making, should he be allowed to achieve his objectives, THAKSIN

marshbags :o

Edited by marshbags

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spokesman claims Govt wins support to use force to end Bangkok airports' besieging

Government Spokesman Natthawut Saikua claimed Friday the government has won both international human rights organisations and foreign diplomats' support for use of force to end the besieging of Suvarnabhumi International Airport and Don Mueang Airport.

Natthawut said the International Community would not mind the use of force against protesters as long as the government must first evacuate over 3,000 stranded tourists from the airports first.

"I am informed by a non-governmental organisation that the international human rights organisations and foreign diplomats want the government to evacuate over 3,000 tourists to safety first then the government can do anything with the protesters. They will not oppose or question the government about it actions against the protesters,""Natthawut said.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingne...newsid=30089698

Here it comes...

Before taking Natthawut Saikua's word for it, I would like to see what these organizations really said. Hard to believe that international rights organizations would give a green light for the government to do anything they like with protesters and not question its actions. Natthawut Saikua is an ardent UDD supporter and I highly doubt his claim.

I keep reading about the " terrorist " PAD and feel the need to correct whoever is using it in this context to describe them

terrorist n. (often attrib.) person using esp. organized violence against a government etc. terrorism n. [French: related to *terror]

terrorize v. (also -ise) (-zing or -sing) 1 fill with terror. 2 use terrorism against. terrorization n.

terror-stricken adj. (also terror-struck) affected with terror.

Seems to me you are attributing it to the wrong set of demonstrators and should be using it in it,s correct form / meaning / and should put it where it truly belongs with the UDD /DADD

They have consistently terrorised citizens all over the country and continue to do so on a daily basis.

Instigated and paid for by the the EVIL BASTARD / Criminal fugitive who is behind the causes of all that is / has been taking place..

Yes it,s that despot in the making, should he be allowed to achieve his objectives, THAKSIN

marshbags :D:o

If one day you see one real terrorist i hope you see the difference...

I was in lebanon in 82 whit italian soldiers...

I was in Sharm el Seikh in 2005...

Stop call them terrorist, they are same baby like real terrorist.

Real terrorist dont live tourist go away easy, and whit one airport and the comunication building in their hand first they put down some airplane, second they use one sigarette.......

for explode the tanks of fuel.

Ok some are criminal whit guns but very far from terrorist

ciao

The government will enlist help from former prime minister Thasksin Shinawatra if a coup is staged against the administration, government Spokesman Natthawut Saikua said Friday.

He said thaksin would make phone calls to direct the resistance against the coup on around-the-clock basis.

"If a coup is staged, thaksin will fight against it along side with Thais. He can make phone calls to us 24 hours a day," Natthawut said.

The nation

is this for real? the government requesting help from a convicted criminal on the run to help in a potential coup???

Pure panic. The Nation are already highlighting this. The Post changed their inital neutralish title this morning on the main article to "inept PM" later today. The Post are usually very careful how they are seen to line up. They must see the writing on the wall. The constitutional courts announcement today that theyhave enough evidence to make a decison will also send shivers down the spines of politicos. I wonder if the coaltion allies may want to do a deal.

"Govt to enlist help from Thaksin if coups staged

The government will enlist help from former prime minister Thasksin Shinawatra if a coup is staged against the administration, government Spokesman Natthawut Saikua said Friday.

He said thaksin would make phone calls to direct the resistance against the coup on around-the-clock basis.

"If a coup is staged, thaksin will fight against it along side with Thais. He can make phone calls to us 24 hours a day," Natthawut said.

The nation"

Isn't that outrageous? The Government threatens to use the help of a fugitive to create more unrest in the country?

This threat is criminal and should be brought to court. Not only that the government did not arrest Thaksin when filling divorce....

I was most of the time neutral but now it goes to far. It would interesting to know, what the army thinks about those statements!!!

<snip>

Whatever, the amount of misunderstanding and confusion about Thai politics by the average Joe Farang posting on TV (many for the first time) in the last few days is perhaps understandable, given the poor foreign news coverage to date. However, the ones calling for a violent response to the peaceful civil disobedience by the core PAD supporters is deplorable, as much as it will not solve anything under the present situation in Thailand.

I agree that talk of 'cracking their heads' is deplorable, but I disagree with your notion that the PAD has only exercised 'peaceful civil disobedience'. IMO they've gone well past that. The Asian Human Rights Commission would seem to agree. Link.

Extract:

Alliance members have since August gone from merely occupying spaces like roads and parks to occupying public buildings, in particular, the Government House. Organised armed "guards" have defended their positions both from opponents and from state security personnel. They have also illegally obtained and openly carried an array of manufactured and homemade weapons, including guns from caches that had reportedly been kept in the government premises. They have illegally detained other citizens. They have vandalised, destroyed and stolen public and private property. In the last day or two it has been reported that in addition to occupying the Suvarnabumi airport they have seized busses, and have refused to allow police into the airport to investigate explosions there during the night. They are now reportedly preparing for the latest phase in the "final battle", which is supposedly being instigated under codenames like Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the cities on which the United States military dropped nuclear bombs at the close of World War Two.

The alliance has exhibited a number of features that from past lessons of Thailand and other countries around the world pose grave dangers to the future of the country's imperilled democracy. Of these, the following can be said.

1. They spring from a far-right ideology that has for decades driven successive military-bureaucratic administrations in Thailand, which dramatic changes to political and social life of the last two decades have increasingly threatened.

2. Their coordinated attacks and actions on the pretext of self-defence and national interest are designed to cause a widespread feeling of insecurity and uncertainty and allow reactionary elite forces to push Thailand back to a 1980s model of "half-sail" semi-elected government.

3. The alliance leaders have occupied the public space and forced people throughout Thailand to either take sides for or against them, or to opt out completely, thus alienating millions of people and denying them the opportunity to have a say on the key political and social questions of their time.

The nation"

Isn't that outrageous? The Government threatens to use the help of a fugitive to create more unrest in the country?

This threat is criminal and should be brought to court. Not only that the government did not arrest Thaksin when filling divorce....

I was most of the time neutral but now it goes to far. It would interesting to know, what the army thinks about those statements!!!

This government continues to prove it is unable to govern, and its only concern is Thaksin and nothing more. They continue aiding and abetting a wanted criminal on the run.

The nation"

This government continues to prove it is unable to govern, and its only concern is Thaksin and nothing more. They continue aiding and abetting a wanted criminal on the run.

So....should we say long live PAD???

Edited out by marshbags

To compliment your post moo9 with the extended article

Govt to enlist help from Thaksin if coup staged

By The Nation

The government will enlist help from former prime minister Thasksin Shinawatra if a coup is staged against the administration, Government Spokesman Natthawut Saikua said Friday.

Updated part as follows.........

He said the government was not afraid the coup but it waited for a right moment before taking actions against the protesters, who were besieging the two commercial airports in Bangkok.

Spokesman claims Govt wins support to use force to end Bangkok airports' besieging

Natthawut also claimed that the government has won both international human rights organisations and foreign diplomats' support for use of force to end the besieging of Suvarnabhumi International Airport and Don Mueang Airport.

Natthawut said the International Community would not mind the use of force against protesters as long as the government must first evacuate over 3,000 stranded tourists from the airports first.

"I am informed by a non-governmental organisation that the international human rights organisations and foreign diplomats want the government to evacuate over 3,000 tourists to safety first then the government can do anything with the protesters. They will not oppose or question the government about it actions against the protesters," Natthawut said.

อt is clear that the International Community does not support the PAD but the government will try to adhere to peaceful measures."

He said the use of force would be the last measure the government would resort to.

Unquote

Hope you don,t mind the part repeat quote.

So the EVIL BASTARD who is responsible for the ongoing troubles , and conflicks now gets to advice on what they should do in case of a coup

&lt;deleted&gt;, this really is extracting the urine out of Thailand and it,s genuine caring citizens

Unbelievable open arrogance and zero understanding on what is causing the ongong mayhem and polarisation by an incompetent government.

Again they show their true colours on what they want out of this tragic situation.

Self serving interests ect. and escape from the arm of the law to plunder whatever is left in the coffers.

marshbags

Edited by marshbags

The nation"

So....should we say long live PAD???

No. I'm saying this government is incapable of running this country by continually aiding and abetting a wanted criminal, amongst other things.

The Constitution Court Friday ordered the People Power Party, Chart Thai Party and Matchima Tipataya Party

to deliver their closing statement in the party-dissolution case against them on December 2. (the Nation, just now)

- I'm NOT in favour of coups, 'new politics', airport occupations, nor lynch-mobs.

However, this DOESN'T have to end in blood OR a coup OR a lynching (if some were permitted).

All because the protesters are reprehensibly entrenched and the Govt refuses to call elections, or the PM to simply resign...

The Govt WON'T simply call elections to avoid bloodshed and to avoid a potentially larger civil conflict, WHY?

because the democratically elected Govt MUST remove vote-fraud rules from the constitution FIRST to survive...

(only in a Thai 'democracy' could this be permissible) Last house session to do so? Dec 9 (at Somchai's house). Dissolution verdict? Possibly Dec 15 = tic-toc...

What a sad lynch-mob mentality (by some)... in effect cyber-shouting "jump! jump! (shoot-shoot) !!!!"

(with saliva spilling over keyboards in anticipation...) Geezuz... :o

Elections are the easiest way out of the immediate impasse, if not, a violent dispersal will bring a coup and a prolonged conflict emerges

... this time with the reds and their sponsor Thaksin which will make this conflict look like Disneyland (remember new years 06 for starters) ...

The airports MUST be re-opened ASAP as many people desperately do NEED to get in/out for medical or business reasons,

and a whole host of other essential travel reasons, not to mention the obvious exponential mounting costs to tourism

and every other sector of the economy from freight to pubs/hotels and on and on and on. HowTo without creating a larger conflict?

Simple, call an election. Then let the courts deal with the ensuing fall-out on both sides. Meanwhile, we can all get back to work, or holiday.

EDIT/to add: Last house session to do so? Dec 9 (at Somchai's house). Dissolution verdict? Possibly Dec 15 = tic-toc...

Edited by baht&sold

easy solution , split the country into two , Thaksin can be head of changmai and the north where he spent all the budget !! And the south and Bangkok can get back to real living making money and stimulating the economy . How about making nakon si Thamarat the capital once again. The South has Samui, Phuket rice and shrimps with bangkok as the economic banking centre who needs Issan and Chang mai !!! Let them stay there and rip off the north . we do not want anything to do with TRT or PPP down here.

of course i doubt anyone will support this view but having read all the other stupid comments i only thought it fair to add my own , anyone who doesnt like it please feel free to blockade my driveway for as long as you want in what ever colours you want xxx

Do you have showers and a nice quiet runway? I'll be there...I shall be wearing Flo green speedos and big foam pointy fingers (red, yellow and clappy hand thingies are so last year) :o

Police to launch psychological warfare to weaken public support for PAD

Sources from the meeting said the meeting assigned chiefs of all stations to launch door-to-door psychological operations to tell Bangkok residents not to join the rally at the Don Mueang Airport and at the Government House. They will also be told to convince their relatives to leave the airport and Government House as soon as possible.

The police are finally doing something and nobody is getting hurt. :D

source: http://nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/r...newsid=30089697

By psychological warfare they surely mean turning off the signals for the soap operas? That will make them go home.

:o Now that might just work :D

Whats after the airport then?? The BTS/MRT or Railway station?? Sea ports?? After this episode will it end??

I don't think you should be the person throwing around accusations like that seeming as you're loyties are very anti-PAD. If you have proof then show it. I don't like nonsensical claims.

PAD supporters have been at my Soi's market all evening offering up to 700 Baht a day for anyone coming to protest at the airport. And they have pick-up trucks waiting to be loaded with people before they drive off. They offered it to my wife and her friend while I was standing besides them. Proof enough? Come see it for yourself if you're still ignorant.

Can you please provide a weblink to your proof.

Rainman is a reliable source and poster and he if says that his wife and her friend were offered money -with him present- I have no reason NOT to believe him.

Apart from that, do you think this kind of 'proof' is put on PAD's or anyone else's website ? I'm sure the PAD doesn't hand out receipt tickets for Baht 700 .... :o

If one realizes that almost 50% of the Thai Labor force -18.5 Million people !!- still works in agriculture and that the AVERAGE wage/salary is less than Baht 3,500/month it's maybe better to understand that it is relatively easy for ANY party to find ''protesters''....willing to jump on a truck for Baht 600 or 700/day.

http://thaicrisis.wordpress.com/2008/04/03...m-2002-to-2007/

LaoPo

When the redshirts were busting yellow heads in Udon Thani they were only paid baht 200. lol shows the price disparity between Issan and the City! :D

CNN just reported that there wasn't even a single policeman in or outside the terminal building at Suvarnabhumi as far as their reporter there could see as of now: around 13.50 local time.

There are few police cars of around 4 people per car driving around but I only seen about 10 cars all of last night. I did see a small convoy of about 5 police cars and a "paddy wagon" (lock-up truck for arrested people). But no idea where it went, haven't seen them since.

There were also 3 helicoters around 9pm last night flying high overhead but dissapeared shortly after.

What I do see alot of are AOT Security Staff who are very active and in great numbers (est: a few hundred)

Suprisingly the Novotel has NO visible security

Police to launch psychological warfare to weaken public support for PAD

Sources from the meeting said the meeting assigned chiefs of all stations to launch door-to-door psychological operations to tell Bangkok residents not to join the rally at the Don Mueang Airport and at the Government House. They will also be told to convince their relatives to leave the airport and Government House as soon as possible.

The police are finally doing something and nobody is getting hurt. :D

source: http://nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/r...newsid=30089697

By psychological warfare they surely mean turning off the signals for the soap operas? That will make them go home.

:o Now that might just work :D

Whats after the airport then?? The BTS/MRT or Railway station?? Sea ports?? After this episode will it end??

Ohh thats a dead easy question to answer if PAD win.

Step 1) later this will be done in reverse probably with more violence

Step 2) repeat step 1

Some beer :o:D :D

But you know Chamlong, do you?

Alcohol strictly forbidden there. Chamlong is a real believer of that non sense. He would prefer to loose everything before he offers 1 beer.

look his party, he lost everything because he could not compromise on minor issues which are against his ideology.

so obvious it is again a lie spread from the PPP to discredit them.

Most there are southern wannabe hero and housewifes.

yep, like abortion in case of rape or on ongoing pregnancy would bring the life of that woman in danger. thats is a big NO.

sicko hardcore moralist who wants to dictate how people have to life their own life.

would be funny if later PADs "new politics" got sortet out with such a man of no compromise. i am pretty sure he will bring the nation to a unit.

not one single beer, but child abuse and lots of ugly violence are okay for such a moralist. call him hypocritical.

and on the funny side, lots of things thaksin get blamed for comes more or less straight out chamlong ideology bag. chamlong brought thaksin into politics. chamlong was the man behind thaksin during his time as PM.

the war on drugs - who cames up with such idea of force Chamlong, the fascist fun sucker,

the leader of an army full of isaan house wifes and paid southern beach thugs.

when he goes to jail?

Evacuation plan hatched by EU

Germany to repatriate citizens stranded in Thailand starting tomorrow.

Reliable sources say the Republic of Germany has announced it will send aircraft to U-Tapao to evacuate its citizens.

It is understood that the EU will follow with a similar plan, reminiscent of the evacuation flights during the December 2004 tsunami that devastated Andaman coastal resorts in South Thailand.

The first flight from Germany should arrive tomorrow. A source said there are “literally thousands of European tourists still stranded

In the meantime LTU succeeded in flying its first group from Bangkok since the closure of Suvarnabhumi. It will operate daily flights from U-Tapao.

However, it is understood that it took LTU almost six hours to board passengers and depart due to technical and support shortcomings at the airport.

The Constitution Court Friday ordered the People Power Party, Chart Thai Party and Matchima Tipataya Party

to deliver their closing statement in the party-dissolution case against them on December 2. (the Nation, just now)

- I'm NOT in favour of coups, 'new politics', airport occupations, nor lynch-mobs.

However, this DOESN'T have to end in blood OR a coup OR a lynching (if some were permitted).

All because the protesters are reprehensibly entrenched and the Govt refuses to call elections, or the PM to simply resign...

The Govt WON'T simply call elections to avoid bloodshed and to avoid a potentially larger civil conflict, WHY?

because the democratically elected Govt MUST remove vote-fraud rules from the constitution FIRST to survive...

(only in a Thai 'democracy' could this be permissible) Last house session to do so? Dec 9 (at Somchai's house). Dissolution verdict? Possibly Dec 15 = tic-toc...

What a sad lynch-mob mentality (by some)... in effect cyber-shouting "jump! jump! (shoot-shoot) !!!!"

Elections are the easiest way out of the immediate impasse, if not, a violent dispersal will bring a coup and a prolonged conflict emerges

... this time with the reds and their sponsor Thaksin which will make this conflict look like Disneyland (remember new years 06 for starters) ...

The airports MUST be re-opened ASAP as many people desperately do NEED to get in/out for medical or business reasons,

and a whole host of other essential travel reasons, not to mention the obvious exponential mounting costs to tourism

and every other sector of the economy from freight to pubs/hotels and on and on and on. HowTo without creating a larger conflict?

Simple, call an election. Then let the courts deal with the ensuing fall-out on both sides. Meanwhile, we can all get back to work, or holiday.

EDIT/to add: Last house session to do so? Dec 9 (at Somchai's house). Dissolution verdict? Possibly Dec 15 = tic-toc...

Have the PAD said that they would call off their 'demonstrations' if new elections are held?

That would be a bit surprising given that the PAD has openly displayed their contempt for the electoral process.

While 'new politics' is not getting much attention these days, a protester interviewed last week- not a leader of the PAD- just a guy in its ranks- emphatically stated that there would be no withdrawl from Govt House until New Politics is initiated- he didn't elaborate- but he certainly gave the impression that he was speaking the party line-

I expect that the PAD is fully aware that new elections will very possibly see a return to the current situation- albeit with a few different faces.

Also, it might be hard to explain to the red shirts why the PAD was able to extort the dissolution of the government that they elected and supported- with no mandate beyond their mob actions.

It sets, I think, a very dangerous precedent- as if there aren't enough antidemocratic precedents in this country.

For the sake of Thai Nation itself, I think that airports must be re-opened within this week and nobody may try to close it again.

PAD is free to try to block government offices, but blocking the airports is one way to kill Thai economy.

Can any PAD leaders think that Bangkok airport is not only used as gate to come and out to & from Thailand, but also serves as regional and international hub?

Bangkok's achievement as international hub so far can be severely damaged by this blockage.

Where is PAD's sense of nationality?

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingne...newsid=30089692

Three parties ordered to deliver closing speech in party-dissolution case on Dec 2

The Constitution Court Friday ordered the People Power Party, Chart Thai Party and Matchima Tipataya Party to deliver their closing statement in the party-dissolution case against them on December 2.

The court held a session at 10:30 am Friday and ordered the parties to send their leaders to deliver closing speech at 9:30 am.

If they do not attend the session, the court will regard that the parties forfeit their right to deliver the closing speech.

The court also dismissed the parties' request to hold more inquiries, saying the court has enough written evidence for deliberation.

The nation

... so they are not staying in Chiang Mai afterall. Perfect timing...

But isn't this the same court that ruled PAD must withdraw from airports immediately? And they appealed?

And so the end game tightens another notch.

This IS the sword of Damocles hanging over the PPP and their future survival, re-write the laws or die,

only real impediment is PAD's intransigence. And PAD is being VERY loud about things now.

Just a question for the idiots on here defending the PAD, have any of you been affected by loss of earnings or had flights cancelled over the past three days?

if any of you say you have been affected this way then I say now you are liars

Loss of earnings; yes.

Flights couldn't be booked, plans changed; Yes.

Liar; no.

Screaming, angry, intolerant; no.

Making the best of it; yes.

Imported packages delayed; yes.

Really caring about your opinion of me; not hardly.

well I hope you enjoy your life with a big footprint in your back as I am sure thats how you live your life. personally I call a spade a spade and the PAD are criminals with no more right to peaceful removal from the airports. Lets hope your business goes down the pan while you defend these criminals, in fact tell us the name of your business so I can sure to never use it

I was due to fly to London Thursday morning with my family, I do not support the PAD but I deffinitely get where they are coming from. As they are not a political party and thereofre do not buy votes but merely compensate protesters for hours lost working, therefore you cannot compare them to the PPP in this way who deffinitely do buy votes.

:o:D:D

Edited by kloghead

Have the PAD said that they would call off their 'demonstrations' if new elections are held?

That would be a bit surprising given that the PAD has openly displayed their contempt for the electoral process.

While 'new politics' is not getting much attention these days, a protester interviewed last week- not a leader of the PAD- just a guy in its ranks- emphatically stated that there would be no withdrawl from Govt House until New Politics is initiated- he didn't elaborate- but he certainly gave the impression that he was speaking the party line-

I expect that the PAD is fully aware that new elections will very possibly see a return to the current situation- albeit with a few different faces.

Also, it might be hard to explain to the red shirts why the PAD was able to extort the dissolution of the government that they elected and supported- with no mandate beyond their mob actions.

It sets, I think, a very dangerous precedent- as if there aren't enough antidemocratic precedents in this country.

Blaze in likelihood we will see the PPP disolved this coming week which will create a constitutional crisis as outlined by Crispin previously. The timing seems "right" for this to happen. The question is what comes after this. I dont expect the PAD to get what they want. In fact I expect the PAD to be well and truly sacriifced now they have "shown their true colours" and can longe rbe lnked to the good people of the bureacracy. The bigger question on what comes after is: is there a faction or lump of the PPP which will go along with things. A national unity government is the most likely scenario and imposed one at that. If it includes some PPP it might not be too bad in terms of disunity. If it doesnt things will be rocky.

I also doubt we will see mass civil uprisings in PPP areas but the red side will certainly not take their "defeat" lying down.

If things come to conclusion this coming week, it could be a rocky road indeed but depending on what comes after it need not be as bad in terms of violence as expected. Of course unless some democratic realignment occurs like 30-40 PPP disolved join the Dems and others in a new coalition we will see a forced reduction in democracy. What comes after next week will probably be more critical than what happens today or tomorrow assuming a disolution is now imminent, and of course the court could decide the other way.

So I love this quote :

So Thaksin is not Thai? Oh yes, he's Chinese!

But he will fight along side of thais, from Dubai....

He'll man the phones,

and tell them where his satalite sees yellow shirts,

and then throw money on top of them till the choke??

Oh yes with out Thaksin's phone calls they couldn't function...

if this is the TRT second string in action,

can you imagine the Puea party 3rd strings' competence in the job...?

Blaze in likelihood we will see the PPP disolved this coming week which will create a constitutional crisis as outlined by Crispin previously. The timing seems "right" for this to happen. The question is what comes after this. I dont expect the PAD to get what they want. In fact I expect the PAD to be well and truly sacriifced now they have "shown their true colours" and can longe rbe lnked to the good people of the bureacracy. The bigger question on what comes after is: is there a faction or lump of the PPP which will go along with things. A national unity government is the most likely scenario and imposed one at that. If it includes some PPP it might not be too bad in terms of disunity. If it doesnt things will be rocky.

I also doubt we will see mass civil uprisings in PPP areas but the red side will certainly not take their "defeat" lying down.

If things come to conclusion this coming week, it could be a rocky road indeed but depending on what comes after it need not be as bad in terms of violence as expected. Of course unless some democratic realignment occurs like 30-40 PPP disolved join the Dems and others in a new coalition we will see a forced reduction in democracy. What comes after next week will probably be more critical than what happens today or tomorrow assuming a disolution is now imminent, and of course the court could decide the other way.

Oh I think that PPP people can be found who will bite the bullet and play ball with an appointed interim gov't. But I also think that feelings in the ardent pro Thaksin camp will be inflamed- they will interpret this as a denial of their electoral choice- a denial fostered by the courts- which they already are suspicious of.

They are, no doubt, more politically aware- propagandized if you like- than they were three years ago- They can connect the dots - or at least the ones I have talked to can. This will be tanatmount to a coup- a coup by the courts- and they have already said they will not allow that. But I may be over estimating their committment.

I also wonder how the PAD leadership will react to finding the polical situation not a whole lot different than it was immediately after the coup- they will be full of their own power- two coups- one by the military- one by the courts (or so they might interpret it given the timing) in three years- and they might very well say- why stop now? New Politics or Bust!

Very true. For claiming to be a Buddhist country, Thailand is one of the most dishonest, scam ridden countries on the planet where rule of law never has existed. Pay off the police, and the corruption is from the restaurant, taxi driver all the way to the top. Thailand is the only country where dishonesty is ingrained in children as being OK as long as you save face...by the way, "saving face" and self serving ego's are also non-Buddhist principles. The nation of double standards, lies, deceit all the while claiming they're a religious, Buddhist country (the #1 prostitution country on the planet...oh, but prostitution is illegal in Thailand)! ...Gee, I forgot...they do anything for money, steal the government, pull over cars or bring you to the police station for a bribe, turn off the taxi meter, turn a blind eye to hundreds of tourists murdered...what an amazing country! I want to live there right now!

No wonder Thai news isn't even a blip on the news on my country...no one cares because Thailand is one of the lowest on the respect scale...copyrights? What are those? Let's copy everything, steal everything, sell our family members and lie about it.

Sad because it could be such a successful country but even Thais are pilfering Thailand...anything for personal gain, ethics and morals out the door (oops, I forgot, they teach the kids to lie, cheat and steal when they're young).

My 4 trips there this year and months staying revealed Thailand is also one of the most prejudice countries on the planet, as well. My wife has endured some NASTY treatment from ethnic Thais only because of where she's born and her lack of money to become educated....if they had it their way, she wouldn't be able to vote solely because of her lack of resources when she was young. What nice Buddhists they truly are! By the way, there's no such thing as a pure blood Thai any more than there is a pure blooded UK, American, German, etc. Go far enough back and there was mixing...if there wasn't, we'd all look the same as the first humans on the planet.

It's so sad the good hearted poor suffer from the "my sh don't stink" wealthy dictator mongering class loving stuck up self absorbed, materialistic conceited idiots claiming they have Thailand in their best interest.

They need to take the kid gloves off and quash this crap asap for hijacking the airports and government buildings--It's terrorism! Real democratic nations wouldn't stand for this crap...nail em all, put the rest in jail and be done with it. Let them know if they want to hang around for this life, leave and don't infringe upon other's rights, then deal with the rest swiftly while they commit treason! If they want to protest, let them go to Benja Selee Park or apply for a protest permit and give them a location where it won't disrupt innocent businesses and tourists. Stupidity runs deep, far and wide!

Help me figure that one out: you find this country so disgusting, and yet you've made 4 trips to Thailand this year?! Doesn't compute. Why don't you just rescue your wife to the land of the [__________] (fill in the blanks yourself).

No, it's not perfect. Yes, it has a great lot of problems. No, it's not the only country in the world that faces an upward struggle. Let's face it -- the country has more or less recently gone from rice fields-only to skyscrapers & McDonalds. Partly thanks to your countrymen using it as a convenient & safe base to hammer away at neighboring countries (where the scary Commies live, you know)... Prostitution didn't originate then, but its scale certainly has its roots there.

"...they do anything for money, steal the government...": are you refering to banks, oil and insurance companies in you-know-where here?!? Isn't it a bit hypocritical to point your finger at what "they" are doing wrong in Thailand...? And while we're at it -- religions (or, as it were here, philosophies) have always tried to define ground rules, and have always failed in having people following them, or rather, not circumventing or abusing them. Come off it -- inhowfar are the bible belt pilots of your country any "better"? They go to war over oil, and have the Big Potatoe declaring on TV that it's for the best of the world, and God bless America (does God only bless one side, and the others are satanic by definition?!?).

Not much is a blip on your country's news unless it's associated with stars, stripes, gov't scaremongers and terrorists. At least I don't get FoxNews here, only CNN.

Yes, it's the poor getting hammered here, like everywhere else in the world. What the PAD are doing here is a load of cr@p -- I give you that. And yet, there might be a grain of "something useful" in what they're saying [no, I don't support/agree with them in any sort of way], just as there might have been "something useful" in the 8 years of Bush-induced world chaos.

Actually I agree with both Hyena and Asia Cheese!

Both of you are absolutely right

Oh I think that PPP people can be found who will bite the bullet and play ball with an appointed interim gov't. But I also think that feelings in the ardent pro Thaksin camp will be inflamed- they will interpret this as a denial of their electoral choice- a denial fostered by the courts- which they already are suspicious of.

They are, no doubt, more politically aware- propagandized if you like- than they were three years ago- They can connect the dots - or at least the ones I have talked to can. This will be tanatmount to a coup- a coup by the courts- and they have already said they will not allow that. But I may be over estimating their committment.

I also wonder how the PAD leadership will react to finding the polical situation not a whole lot different than it was immediately after the coup- they will be full of their own power- two coups- one by the military- one by the courts (or so they might interpret it given the timing) in three years- and they might very well say- why stop now? New Politics or Bust!

I take a different line on the PAD. I think they will be well sacrifced with the PPP. Those running events realise they need to take some public sanctions against the other side too. After all they have come form the middle to save the country from both lunatic fringes :D

I totally agree with your take on the more committed red supporters. I am just not sure how many there really are. I am also going to guess that it wont be exactly like after the last coup I think sanction for opposition will be harder. I would also speculate that after such a bad few years the new governemnt may see fit to organise some nationwide celebrations on a unifying theme or something like that. I bet th epopulist polices that pour out of an appou inted government will defy all logic of a weakening economy too. To date next years budget has not really even been agreed too. I wondr if all the court challenges will wilt.