Richest Of The Rich

Highwayman

Guess who leads the list of Thailand’s super rich, according to a survey by Money & Banking magazine? Yes, it’s a Shinawatra.

More precisely, Pinthongtha Shinawatra, the second child of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra; she’s ranked as Thailand’s richest billionaire this year with more than Bt18 billion in stock-market holdings.

As a clan too, the Shinawatras come first in the survey as the Kingdom’s wealthiest family with Bt31.54 billion in combined stock holdings after they saw their wealth swell by more than 70 per cent, or Bt13 billion, since last year.

The Nation 14.12.2004

a truer comparison between gates and shin would be their wealth as a percentage of GDP. I believe shin would be on top.

FYI : rockefeller's wealth as a percentage of GDP would in today's terms rank him as a trillionaire !!

The Sultan of Brunei was pretty ###### rich about 10 years ago until his brother, Prince Jefri, helped him spend most of his money on ridiculous business ventures. Compared to his 300,000 or so people he was filthy, filthy rich probably more so than Rockefeller's percentage of GDP.

All I want is a measly one million...even 500,000 would do it. :o

Gates- start from nothing, drop out student, self made millionair, you gotta give him respect.

Shinawatra- during the 97crash the ex PM and him rip-off the country, corruption (respect, i don't think so)

Sultan- brat, he never earn it, was already there, i don't think so either

there are 2 kind, the respect and the not too respect in my view

Gates- start from nothing, drop out student, self made millionair, you gotta give him respect.

Gates, made his fortune by copying other people's operating systems. And he was lucky, because IBM was stupid enough to hand a monopoly to him, by asking him to write their operating system, when they should have just written it themselves. NO respect here !!

but he made his million from nothing right?

you said

he was lucky, because IBM was stupid enough to hand a monopoly to him

so is it his fault for being lucky, and IBM for being stupit.

lets put it this way, i work for an architect company for the last 10 years or so, and i decided i want to open my own Architect firm, while im doing that i will take all my client with me, the client leave the compnay and follow my, so does that make me wrong.

Shinawatra- during the 97crash the ex PM and him rip-off the country, corruption (respect, i don't think so)

Sultan- brat, he never earn it, was already there, i don't think so either

there are 2 kind, the respect and the not too respect in my view

At least ol' Sulty gives his people money year in-year out and waves to you when driving passed in his suped-up V12 Bentley. The others...couldn't see them going out their way to raise there hand and greet you unless being compensated handsomely.

At least ol' Sulty gives his people money year in-year out and waves to you when driving passed in his suped-up V12 Bentley. The others...couldn't see them going out their way to raise there hand and greet you unless being compensated handsomely.

its easy to give out money that you never earn with your bare hand, he took in billion from the land and resource where his people live and share, and only give a few dollar back

so is it his fault for being lucky, and IBM for being stupit.

It's not a case of fault, but you said give him 'respect'. It's like saying you respect someone who one the lottery, which is basically what happened to Mr. Gates. Also, how can you respect someone who totally copied Apple's operating system, in the first place. How can you respect someone who now abuses his monpoly position, and there are numerous examples - too many to list.

its easy to give out money that you never earn with your bare hand, he took in billion from the land and resource where his people live and share, and only give a few dollar back

Actually, he was giving them thousands a year and offered to rehouse all those who'd been living on the banks of the river, in the capital, new homes, but they were happy to stay where they've been for hundreds of years. If he wants to be a tight-wad, he doesn't have to give back bugger-all, right?

by alone (operating system) its not gonna make you a millionair

just because i took the client with me not gonna make me rich, i still have to prove to them im capable of doing the job.

business monopoly is being smart, if any other comapany could come up with better stuff than him, he too would tumble like everybody else.

Edited by chingy_

Actually, he was giving them thousands a year and offered to rehouse all those who'd been living on the banks of the river, in the capital, new homes, but they were happy to stay where they've been for hundreds of years. If he wants to be a tight-wad, he doesn't have to give back bugger-all, right?

like i said its easy to give money that you never earn, money do grow on tree.

by alone (operating system) its not gonna make you a millionair

Yes it does make you millionaire. The operating is what gave him a monoploy, and has allowed him to sell you inferior software. There are numerous examples of better software that has gone down the tubes because microsoft controls the operating system e.g netscape, wordperfect

Yes it does make you millionaire. The operating is what gave him a monoploy,
im speechless this is all you can give me
There are numerous examples of better software that has gone down the tubes because microsoft controls the operating system e.g netscape, wordperfect

built a new breed of computer with different operation, built the one that are much better that people will recornize, japan and china is doing it right now, lets see how it turn out

like i said its easy to give money that you never earn, money do grow on tree.

He is earning it, it's coming from HIS oil, not somebody elses!

There is one common aspect to all multi-billionaires, that made their wealth in a one or two generations: all somehow benefitted from a monopoly position; all were basically crooked.

It is virtually impossible for a straight person to become rich. Not saying it does not happen... but it is extremely rare in life.

yeah right....my mentor told me when i was a young boy...all rich people got there by being shifty and crooks :D

guess what he was right, i've learned it the hard way :o

Toxin recently lashed out (yet again) at some of the brightest people in Thailand who had criticized him primarily on human rights issues, saying in effect "I don't listen to losers." Since he is undoubtedly the biggest "winner" in Thailand at the moment, and he listens to practically nobody, except his wife to whom he owes everything he has, I guess that makes all of the rest of us "losers". Do the Thai people not take offense at being labeled as "losers"?