How Would They Retake The Airport

APMann

Well, this won't help in retaking the airport.

Police promise not to use violence to end besieging of Bangkok international airport

Pol Maj Gen Piya Sorntrakul, deputy commissioner of the Police Provincial Bureau 1, said Friday that police would not use violence to try to end the protest at the Suvarnabhumi International Airport.

"We are careful about steps to be taken," Piya said.

"We will definitely not use violence but we will follow every step of the law and will negotiate with the protesters. We are all Thais so talk should be the best policy."

The Nation

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

because that means the PAD has won again, twice in a row, and it has been demonstrated that this tactic can be used again and again by a minority of thugs with little to no repect for thai people, thai business or anything other than their own agenda.

Yeah they have "won" twice already (this would be the third time) however each time so far they've been cheated out of their winnings by getting right back what they were seeking to get rid of - Thaksin.

First time (coup) was ok - he was gone and so were they. But then re-emerged TRT Mk2 (PPP) and bought the election - remotely controlled by guess who? Thaksin. So PAD came into action again.

Samak then was kicked on a technicality ("cooking show") but instead of some new election or whatever, PPP kept following dear leader Thaksin's orders and installed - Thaksin's brother-in-law!

Of course PAD is pissed. But as long as the snake Thaksin grows two new heads for every one that's chopped off they will keep paralyzing the country. TRT Mk2 (PPP) is on it's way to be dissolved if PAD is successful in stalling their activities (amending the constitution to pardon themselves!) until the courts get off their behind but already TRT Mk3 is ready to be activated.

My only hope is that PAD can hold on long enough (WITHOUT VIOLENCE!!!) so that PPP can disappear AND that next election voters will NOT sell the country for 200 Baht per person again.

Otherwise..... PAD will be back.

Regards.....

Thanh

Ok you mention about TRT bought votes and you don't believe this is a legally elected goverment. However even people choose to sell them vote still they voted and it's counts as legal vote. Whatever his motive for voting doesnt matter all votes same , you must respect outcome. It's a democracy and yes you can sell your vote too , learn to understand it's personal choices.

Also you believe in Thai history , there no goverment bought vote before? Where was PAD that times. Grow up, everbody buys poor guys in this country TRT PPP DP PAD all does. So buying votes it's not a point here , point is who cares poor people in this country. IMO TRT does , thats why poors love them.

You say corruption but all this guys will and have corruption real matter is who serve public.

In my store i rather have little corrupt but clever cashier/ good seller than completly idiot , moron , non corrupt cashier/seller.

Just my 2satang

Given the approach roads are blocked, this could be a very tricky operation, as they fight their way into the bulding across cars and trucks. And how would they arrest and move out all the protesters from the terminal?

Better question - how to get the stranded tourists out of the airport before the riot starts?

All tourists have been evacuated already.

Snakes. Round up a bunch of those cobras from the swamps and turn them lose inside the building. That will make everyone a little nervous and on edge and likely to leave.

NO! We've already established that the protesters should not be given food. ( :o )

Wait - a Great New Plan. A door to door operation, but not in the clear the airport sense. Idiots.

Reminds me of that wonderful Latinism - festina lente ("make haste, slowly").

Police to launch psychological warfare to weaken public support for PAD

Police plan to launch a psychological warfare to weaken public support for the People's Alliance for Democracy as part of their measures to remove protesters from the Don Mueang Airport.

The plan was announced after a meeting of senior metropolitan police officers to brief them on measures to deal with PAD-led protesters at the Don Mueang Airport.

The Metropolitan Police chief was assigned to be in charge of operations to retake the Don Mueang Airport while the Provincial Police Bureau 1 in charge of Suvarnabhumi Airport operations.

Attending the meeting were deputy and metropolitan police chiefs, commanders of Metropolitan Police Divisions 1 to 9, deputy commanders of the divisions, commanders of 88 police station in Bangkok, 191 Taskforce commander and traffic police commander.

Sources from the meeting said the meeting assigned chiefs of all stations to launch door-to-door psychological operations to tell Bangkok residents not to join the rally at the Don Mueang Airport and at the government House. They will also be told to convince their relatives to leave the airport and government House as soon as possible.

The nation

Hi.

Why does nobody see the EASIEST and CHEAPEST way..?

Remove Somchai! One man only, shouldn't be THAT difficult.

The rest of the puppet government will be paralyzed, PAD will go home, the whole country will be happy (minus a few of the red shirts who are not in it only for the money).

Regards.....

Thanh

Well to be more precisely the target is another one, but still one or two bullets, a reasonable good sniper placed with the right tool... over, for the time being... would the Hollywood script say... here it will last forever, or tillsomeone decides that he is tired and let it all go it's way - till Uncle Takky returns to smother them all with a nice job and a free ride - forever... however!

But it looks very much that the verdict from today concerning the support parties will chip away some of the PPP foundations.. "little Somchai's" might soon get shakier and start to rock...

Edited by Samuian

Hi.

The rest of the puppet government will be paralyzed, PAD will go home, the whole country will be happy (minus a few of the red shirts who are not in it only for the money).

Regards.....

Thanh

Then what happens remembering the PAD dont want elections and the red shirts far outnumber the yellow shirts with the exception of the bangkok elite and there hired supporters, and the south

Wait - a Great New Plan. A door to door operation, but not in the clear the airport sense. Idiots.

Reminds me of that wonderful Latinism - festina lente ("make haste, slowly").

Police to launch psychological warfare to weaken public support for PAD

Police plan to launch a psychological warfare to weaken public support for the People's Alliance for Democracy as part of their measures to remove protesters from the Don Mueang Airport.

The plan was announced after a meeting of senior metropolitan police officers to brief them on measures to deal with PAD-led protesters at the Don Mueang Airport.

The Metropolitan Police chief was assigned to be in charge of operations to retake the Don Mueang Airport while the Provincial Police Bureau 1 in charge of Suvarnabhumi Airport operations.

Attending the meeting were deputy and metropolitan police chiefs, commanders of Metropolitan Police Divisions 1 to 9, deputy commanders of the divisions, commanders of 88 police station in Bangkok, 191 Taskforce commander and traffic police commander.

Sources from the meeting said the meeting assigned chiefs of all stations to launch door-to-door psychological operations to tell Bangkok residents not to join the rally at the Don Mueang Airport and at the government House. They will also be told to convince their relatives to leave the airport and government House as soon as possible.

The nation

Psychological war fare will have no affect against the war fare tactics of bloody maxi pads.... No way no how!!!!

freaking idiots all the way around

Earlier someone questioned another poster about whether claims of using human shields was hearsay or speculation, but I just saw this in a Reuters article - "We will not leave. We will use human shields against the police if they try to disperse us," PAD leader Suriyasai Katasila told Reuters.

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSTRE4AO4TX20081128

Hi.

First of all (@APMann) i am NOT Thai. How you got that idea? I am in fact German, although my name is Vietnamese (long story behind that which is off topic but yes, that IS my real name). I just live here since some 8 years and live together with a Thai so i have a *little* insight, not much but a lot more than Joe Tourist.

Regarding PAD "foot soldiers" being paid, i am still hoping to see proof of that some day. I know that some "higher up" people are being paid (guards etc) but the vast majority of the "yellows" join on their own free will without any incentives (spelling..?) while it is well proven that a vast majority of the "reds" ARE in fact being paid and leave their respective rally site as soon as the payments stop and/or they filled their job description of "be there for a day".

Regarding the never-ending "vote buying" stuff, i am aware that probably all parties are doing it, yet none on such a scale as TRT/PPP. I am not talking "election promises" but the blatant cash-for-vote which was observed "live" by myself in Chiang Mai.

@ironhut

Thaksin is directly responsible for countless deaths in this country. Also his so-called "good ideas" were no more but clever marketing - "give them a 100 Baht then have them held up at night by cops and take 200 Baht back". Now, my support for PAD was greater when they did NOT stand on trucks and firing guns into crowds, as i observed in videos. I do NOT support violent action in any form. However besieging a building or even a bloody airport is just fine as long as nobody gets hurt or killed. Should they protest in the rice fields..?? Nope, their activities NEED to hurt SOMEWHERE, otherwise it's wasted efforts. The more their activities hurt the economy, the quicker something is done - and that "something" is hopefully an unlawful government disappearing and all traces of "dear leader" Thaksin being erased for a fresh start.

@simonsimon

I believe everybody's fine with parties buying votes - as long as this vote-buying isn't aimed at bringing the one single person back whom they want to dispose of. If PPP's goal would have been to govern the country and revv up the economy, thereby doing something useful, there would be no PAD at Suvarnabhumi right now. However from the start, PPP's single purpose was to bring Thaksin back, they don't give a rat's ass about country or economy, they work for one single person only. And TRT also only cared for those poor people whom Thaksin could exploit - offer them loans (good!) for the sole purpose of making them dependent for ever (NOT good!) It's just like giving you heroin to ease some pain, knowing you'll be addicted after first use and will for the rest of your life be paying to get it. Thaksin hasn't done ANYTHING for ANYONE other than himself. Oh, sorry, of course also for his wife, his children, his maid, his driver and his gardener in who's names all these shares were that he as prime minister wasn't allowed to hold.

Sadly, this whole situation is caused by and is revolving around one person and one person only - Thaksin. Get rid of him and problem is solved. As he's out of the country (evading the law!), get rid of his proxy IN the country (Somchai), problem also solved.

Best regards....

Thanh

Hi.

First of all (@APMann) i am NOT Thai. How you got that idea? I am in fact German, although my name is Vietnamese (long story behind that which is off topic but yes, that IS my real name). I just live here since some 8 years and live together with a Thai so i have a *little* insight, not much but a lot more than Joe Tourist.

Regarding PAD "foot soldiers" being paid, i am still hoping to see proof of that some day. I know that some "higher up" people are being paid (guards etc) but the vast majority of the "yellows" join on their own free will without any incentives (spelling..?) while it is well proven that a vast majority of the "reds" ARE in fact being paid and leave their respective rally site as soon as the payments stop and/or they filled their job description of "be there for a day".

Regarding the never-ending "vote buying" stuff, i am aware that probably all parties are doing it, yet none on such a scale as TRT/PPP. I am not talking "election promises" but the blatant cash-for-vote which was observed "live" by myself in Chiang Mai.

@ironhut

Thaksin is directly responsible for countless deaths in this country. Also his so-called "good ideas" were no more but clever marketing - "give them a 100 Baht then have them held up at night by cops and take 200 Baht back". Now, my support for PAD was greater when they did NOT stand on trucks and firing guns into crowds, as i observed in videos. I do NOT support violent action in any form. However besieging a building or even a bloody airport is just fine as long as nobody gets hurt or killed. Should they protest in the rice fields..?? Nope, their activities NEED to hurt SOMEWHERE, otherwise it's wasted efforts. The more their activities hurt the economy, the quicker something is done - and that "something" is hopefully an unlawful government disappearing and all traces of "dear leader" Thaksin being erased for a fresh start.

@simonsimon

I believe everybody's fine with parties buying votes - as long as this vote-buying isn't aimed at bringing the one single person back whom they want to dispose of. If PPP's goal would have been to govern the country and revv up the economy, thereby doing something useful, there would be no PAD at Suvarnabhumi right now. However from the start, PPP's single purpose was to bring Thaksin back, they don't give a rat's ass about country or economy, they work for one single person only. And TRT also only cared for those poor people whom Thaksin could exploit - offer them loans (good!) for the sole purpose of making them dependent for ever (NOT good!) It's just like giving you heroin to ease some pain, knowing you'll be addicted after first use and will for the rest of your life be paying to get it. Thaksin hasn't done ANYTHING for ANYONE other than himself. Oh, sorry, of course also for his wife, his children, his maid, his driver and his gardener in who's names all these shares were that he as prime minister wasn't allowed to hold.

Sadly, this whole situation is caused by and is revolving around one person and one person only - Thaksin. Get rid of him and problem is solved. As he's out of the country (evading the law!), get rid of his proxy IN the country (Somchai), problem also solved.

Best regards....

Thanh

I believe you should write to Sandra Merkel (sp) with your ideas. Perhaps she can take steps to solve the problem.

Hi.

Regards.....

Thanh

That exactly what they say before. "Remove Thaksin! One man only, shouldn't be THAT difficult". Then" Remove Samak! One man only, shouldn't be THAT difficult". And now "Remove Somchai! One man only, shouldn't be THAT difficult".

I'm sure it will never end, even if Somchai step down.

Bruce Willis Reportedly In Suvarnbhumi Vent System

BANGKOK – Police say they are ready to reclaim the Bangkok International Airport with the help of Hollywood actor Bruce Willis, who is currently crawling inside Terminal 2's air conditioning system.

Police say the 'Die Hard' star immediately ducked into a maintenance room and then climbed through a vent when he saw that the airport was being taken over on Wednesday.

He is now in communication with Bangkok police via a walkie talkie he lifted from a PAD guard whom he strangled to death.

Willis will likely draw specifically upon Die Hard 2: Die Harder for inspiration in overcoming the PAD and returning normalcy to Thailand. In that film, his character John McClane thwarted terrorists who had taken over Washingtong-Dulles International Airport. Sources say Willis has asked permission from police to use similar tactics, including igniting a fuel trail to blow up a plane with all the PAD leaders in it.

"Bruce really can't believe he is in this situation again but he is eager to help," said police spokesman lieutenant Sombat Sreephathep. "We will see if he can infiltrate the PAD from inside the airport. On behalf of the entire Royal Bangkok Police force, I would like to say, 'Yippee-ki-yay, Bruce.'"

After hearing that Willis was hiding inside Suvarnbhumi's air ducts, a cocky Sonthi Limthongkul said it would be impossible for one man to single-handedly wreck his plans. But as a precautionary measure, he has reportedly tied used tampons to the grates of all vents inside Terminal 2.

"I see dead people," he warned Willis.

From Not The Nation

My understanding was that all tourists had been evacuated but given the PADs threat to use human shields - just like other terrorsit groups do - this may not be the case.

Shut down the mobile telephone system in the area.

Shut down the electricity - though that may be difficult given the unions support of the PAD

Large front end loaders to clear the roadway

Entry from the airside while distracting them from the roadside

Tear gas and stun grenades

Cannot shut down mobile phone - DTACT is PAD backer http://www.nationmultimedia.com/search/rea...newsid=30089579

Cannot shut down electricity & water - Union support PAD

Clear the roadway - Too many Merc & BMW parked there.

Entry from the airside - PAD is there already. Not sure if they have stolen anything from KP, which is one of their enemy.

Tear gas and stun grenades. - Police is not going to fall into PAD trap twice. Remember last time?

http://www.tg-union.com/index.php?la...e=1&No=1196653 (Essentially: We must work together to topple the government within this 1-2 days. Otherwise THAI service has to be suspended indefinitely. The source of the problem is the government. THAI's existence depends on your decision to act now. You must not remain silent. )

With TG union of their side, they know every inch of the airport. Where the jet fuel are, where are the valve. And know how to operate all equipment, such as fuel truck, sky bride, air-craft tow truck etc. If they are push to the conner, what is stopping some crazy guy from torching one of the aircraft using highly famable jet fuel, conviniently piped directly to where the aircraft park.

Edited by BowmoreIslay

Yeah they have "won" twice already (this would be the third time) however each time so far they've been cheated out of their winnings by getting right back what they were seeking to get rid of - Thaksin.

First time (coup) was ok - he was gone and so were they. But then re-emerged TRT Mk2 (PPP) and bought the election - remotely controlled by guess who? Thaksin. So PAD came into action again.

Regards.....

Thanh

Obviously not concerned by the actions of the Military Junta or PAD -- whatever they do is FINE.... only condemnation for TRT/PPP ------ what a joke

The problem of state officials aligning themselves with or against a political party runs from the very top of government to its lowest levels. Early on in the political campaign it emerged that the Council for National Security had drafted a plan to restrict the activities of the People Power party (PPP). Though its authenticity was initially denied by coup makers, it was belatedly confirmed as genuine, and an EC sub-committee ruled that they had acted with bias.

There is some debate as to whether this plan was implemented or not. The EC argued it was not, overruled the findings of its sub-committee and failed to even chastise the coup makers for approving such a plan. When tallied with anti-Thaksin comments made by outspoken EC commissioner Sodsri Sattayatham, the EC, as well as the coup makers, left themselves open to accusations of bias.

Moreover, even if a nationwide plan to prevent the PPP from coming to power was not systematically implemented, there are numerous examples of the military interfering in the political process.

In Chiang Rai, an army source alleged that soldiers were instructed to vote for Chart Thai, PPP's main rival in the area. The homes of between 50 and 100 PPP supporters in the area were searched by police and army under the pretence of ''looking for weapons''.

Fundamentally, the election was a success in that the results broadly reflected the will of the people. Election day itself passed off smoothly and peacefully and there was no systemic fraud that would fatally undermine confidence in the election results.

Asian network for Free Elections (ANFREL)

Edited by tig28

Hi.

Regarding PAD "foot soldiers" being paid, i am still hoping to see proof of that some day.

Sounds like you are inclined to disbelieve the utterly shocking assertion that these idiots pay (many of) the morons who turn out every day for them. You should have come to Chonburi when the buses were leaving every day to take these layabouts to the protest sites in Bangkok and paying them 200 baht a day.

It is also interesting you think one day you will have definitive proof presented to you of these payments.

…but the vast majority of the "yellows" join on their own free will without any incentives (spelling..?) while it is well proven that a vast majority of the "reds" ARE in fact being paid and leave their respective rally site as soon as the payments stop and/or they filled their job description of "be there for a day".

Where is it “well proven”? Have you had definitive proof presented to you as you seem to need for the PAD case above, before?

I gave you some credit/slack for being a Thai earlier, on account of the lack of balance in your posts. I apologise. Foreigners who come out with biased crap like this are falling into the same trap as the gullible Thais.

Both sides pay their supporters. Simple, and that happens in elections too, which was my point, which you seem now to accept.

Well the Police shift normally involves a few hours down at the Station avoiding any chance of doing something constructive :D ......followed by a ride around on motorcycles of all shapes and sizes for a couple of hours.....just looking ugly :D , then its time to noodle down somewhere and contemplate how to avoid the afternoons work.

Of course after noodling down, its kip time followed with a friendly chat with half a dozen other men tightly clad in brown suits :o , before they turn up at the JOB and scratch their boys/tighten their helmet straps and announce "mai bpen rai" and waddle back to the station in time to knock off early!!

I'm not too sure if there is time this shift to attempt a JOB of this size......ohhh well, theres always tommorrow! :D

I've wondered about employing psychological tactics by playing very loud music outside for 24 hours a day. But given the size of Suvarnabhumi the decibel level would have to be so high that they'd probably hear it at Don Muang as well.

That was a good point made earlier about the King Power duty-free shops. They keep all their merchandise out in the open, no way to lock it up. Seemed to me a large amount of it was cosmetics.

PAD supporters should have the whitest skin in Asia soon.........

kenk3z

I've wondered about employing psychological tactics by playing very loud music outside for 24 hours a day. But given the size of Suvarnabhumi the decibel level would have to be so high that they'd probably hear it at Don Muang as well.

Have you been to a shopping mall lately?

Edited by lannarebirth

Snakes. Round up a bunch of those cobras from the swamps and turn them lose inside the building. That will make everyone a little nervous and on edge and likely to leave.

And you could film it. Snakes in an Airport. Sequal to Snakes on a Plane.

snakes wouldn't do anything except landing in a pot to be eaten!!!