Protesters Look Set To Be Dispersed At 3 P.m.

BangkokBP

I'm not sure if this has been posted here, but here is an interview with Thaksin that was posted on YouTube about an hour ago, apparently from Hong Kong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mouav0ph9Fc

By the way, the speakers showing on the ASTV live stream and getting particularly steamed up and venomous now. Calling Thaksin a "crazy dog" (using the impolite form of "dog") and all that.

http://www.thailandoutlook.tv/

By the way - could you post a link - ASTV live stream,

thanks,

Click on the thailandoutlook.tv link above, or go to

http://www.astv-tv.com/

The TOC stream is the English language service, but they are not interpreting the live speeches.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are reports from ASTV that the task forces under the leadership of Interior Minister Kowit Wattana will disperse the PAD protesters from Government House and Don Muang Airport at 3 p.m. today.

The order on how to handle the protesters who are gathering at the Suvarnabhumi Airport has yet to be issued or disclosed to the media.

http://www.thailandoutlook.tv/toc/ViewData...?DataID=1010867

from the past we know that TOC news are often only rumuor and nothing more. specially those "scarry" news. that is all PAD propaganda maybe for the last call to collect supporters, and give the PAD mob a adrenaline buzz.

TOC news shouldn't be taken as thread openers, don't fool your readers.. or at least should pointed out: PAD propaganda channel.

thank you

Has anything happened?

From my balcony I can see the airport (planes arriving and leaving) on the horizon. Just now there is a lot of smoke rising. This may be a fire somewhere near the airport or a fire in the direct line from my balcony to the airport.

Anyone with actual news please inform

Has anything happened?

From my balcony I can see the airport (planes arriving and leaving) on the horizon. Just now there is a lot of smoke rising. This may be a fire somewhere near the airport or a fire in the direct line from my balcony to the airport.

seems some important news are coming in at the moment........But don't know what, yet.

There was some shooting and it finished again.....But everything not clear......

From the nation: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingne...newsid=30089750

Police forced to cancel checkpoints on roads to Suvarnabhumi airport

Situation around Suvarnabhumi airport became tense on Saturday morning after police set up barriers and checkpoints on all roads leading to the airport to prevent more protesters from coming to the airport.

The measures were implemented after Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat issued state of emergency issued on Don Muang and Suvarnabhumi Airports which were under seizure of the protesters since last week.

However the protesters managed to make police retreat from all roads after about half and hour heat negotiation.

A protester leader dismissed a report by manager online that police fired at protesters.

Has anything happened?

seems some important news are coming in at the moment........But don't know what, yet.

There was some shooting and it finished again.....But everything not clear......

Any of your family and friend there at the moment?

I'd be worried if they were!

I'm not sure if this has been posted here, but here is an interview with Thaksin that was posted on YouTube about an hour ago, apparently from Hong Kong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mouav0ph9Fc

By the way, the speakers showing on the ASTV live stream and getting particularly steamed up and venomous now. Calling Thaksin a "crazy dog" (using the impolite form of "dog") and all that.

http://www.thailandoutlook.tv/

By the way - could you post a link - ASTV live stream,

thanks,

Click on the thailandoutlook.tv link above, or go to

http://www.astv-tv.com/

The TOC stream is the English language service, but they are not interpreting the live speeches.

got it,

thanks

Has anything happened?

No close people at the moment. My wife has packed everything and is standby with the car, but at home.

Has anything happened?

No close people at the moment. My wife has packed everything and is standby with the car, but at home.

Why has she packed the car? Off to join the revolution?

From where exactly at the airport is the broadcast on www.astv-tv.com/toc_broadcast.html? When they show the people sitting on the floor it looks like it is outside the terminal building, with the skyline of Bangkok showing.

--

Maestro

Why has she packed the car? Off to join the revolution?

because Chamlong told before he need cars.

But now things seems to have changed....I have no overview whats going on at the moment, but at least I still have my car....

Reason of change: english mistakes

Edited by h90

AIRPORT IMPASSE

Fugitive Thaksin : Protesters seizing airports must respect law

By The Nation

Fugitive ex-Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has called for anti-government protesters who seized Suvarnabhumi and Don Muang airports to respect the laws or face legal action.

He warned that if they did not respect the law, "law enforcement must be done."

Thaksin has been on the run after being sentenced in absentia to two years in jail on corruption charges in Thailand.

He was referring to seizing of the airports by protesters led by People's Alliance for Democracy, which reached the fifth day on Saturday.

Thai Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat, who is Thaksin's brother in law, has issued state of emergency both airports. The move was seen as a tool to allow police to disperse them.

"The airports must be reopened and the protesters must respect not only the law, but the citizens of Thailand," thaksin said. "If no one respects the law, then law enforcement must be done."

He also warned that should the military launch a coup, it would be much more bloody than the previously occasions. He also warned the army to stay out of politics, predicting bloodshed if they stage a coup.

"If the coup were to happen, there's going to be bloodshed. It's not going to be an easy coup like in the past because the people are in hardship since dictatorship came to Thailand," thaksin said.

Thaksin urged his supporters to "protect democracy": "If you protect Democracy you may be painful for a while, but if you allow dictatorship to take over Thailand you are going to have a nightmare for your whole life."

Thaksin said without elaboration, "so-called independent agencies or courts had been mobilised to bias against the government. That's very bad.

Thaksin's message to the military: "They are officials whose salary is paid by taxpayer money, so they have to do what is wanted by the whole of the Thai people, not just for minority groups. They must respect Democracy. They must play by the rules. Being neutral means you have to observe the law."

Thaksin was speaking to Thomas Crampton, a freelance blogger in a videotaped interview. Crampton said the interview came out whenhe had coffee with Thaksin. "He spoke passionately about this week's events in Thailand," he wrote.

The date and time of the interview was not known. It was posted on Crampton's blog on Friday.

Respect the law There,s a laugh for you

marshbags :o

Edited by marshbags

From where exactly at the airport is the broadcast on www.astv-tv.com/toc_broadcast.html? When they show the people sitting on the floor it looks like it is outside the terminal building, with the skyline of Bangkok showing.

--

Maestro

It's directly in front of Suvarnabhumi. Looks like the departures level to me.

Coming from PAD's thailandoutlook.tv, I don't know how accurate this is, and it seems to contradict another statement made by PAD, but:

Manager: Police Open Fire at Suvarnabhumi PAD Protesters

ASTV Manager Online reported that police have fired shots at PAD protesters who are gathering at Suvarnabhumi Airport.

The news agency reported that at 9.23 a.m. this morning more than 200 police officers have moved in on the PAD protesters who are gathering at Suvarnabhumi Airport. The police have reportedly fired shots at the protesters near Gate No. 4 of the passenger terminal.

In a another development, at 9.40 a.m., riot police units have set up a police checkpoint and used a mobile jail unit to block off 1 lane of traffic leading to the Suvarnabhumi Airport. More than 100 riot police officers are stationed at the checkpoint

http://www.thailandoutlook.tv/toc/ViewData...?DataID=1010889

From the nation: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingne...newsid=30089750

Police forced to cancel checkpoints on roads to Suvarnabhumi airport

Situation around Suvarnabhumi airport became tense on Saturday morning after police set up barriers and checkpoints on all roads leading to the airport to prevent more protesters from coming to the airport.

The measures were implemented after Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat issued state of emergency issued on Don Muang and Suvarnabhumi Airports which were under seizure of the protesters since last week.

However the protesters managed to make police retreat from all roads after about half and hour heat negotiation.

A protester leader dismissed a report by manager online that police fired at protesters.

Forced to cancel checkpoints <deleted>?!?!?! Do these officers do anything? Where's the water cannons? Where's the LAW!

Forced to cancel checkpoints <deleted>?!?!?! Do these officers do anything? Where's the water cannons? Where's the LAW!

The "normal" policeman on the street does not support the illegal government too much. On 15th December PPP will be dissolved.

So after 15th Dec the policemen who harmed demonstrators may get big problems, so best choice for them is to do simply nothing and wait who wins.

Policemen won't get into any troubles, ever, and they can find pleny of folks with no sympathy for PAD whatsoever, like those border patrol units.

I think it's their superiors who do not want any part of this mess. Collecting bribes is one thing, killing fellow Thais is quite another.

Their loyalties are not with Thaksin, as simple as that.

The "normal" policeman on the street does not support the illegal government too much. On 15th December PPP will be dissolved.

So after 15th Dec the policemen who harmed demonstrators may get big problems, so best choice for them is to do simply nothing and wait who wins.

Thanks for that info. So it's just now completely hopeless? Time to cancel my reservations.

Thanks for that info. So it's just now completely hopeless? Time to cancel my reservations.

Somchai resigns and everything is normal within 1 day

Policemen won't get into any troubles, ever, and they can find pleny of folks with no sympathy for PAD whatsoever, like those border patrol units.

I think it's their superiors who do not want any part of this mess. Collecting bribes is one thing, killing fellow Thais is quite another.

Their loyalties are not with Thaksin, as simple as that.

Depending on who comes into power, I can imagine a cleaning thru all ranks.

border patrol units are something different. Are they officially Police? In my opinion they are more something like the SS.

Looks like they might be expediting the PPP Dissolution :

Final closing arguments Dec 2nd, no dragging out 36

windy exec's speeches under questioning.

The could just turn and dissolve them same or next day. Easy enough.

No reason not to. Only need to type up the additions to an obviously

mostly already drafted judicial opinion after defendant speeches.

Argue in morning come back for 3 pm reading. By 6pm cabinet is 86'd

By 8pm PAD is packing to leave airports.

Boom! Early Bday present, and it avoids attempts of planned

Dec 8th and 9th legislative judicial coup. ASEAN party is up in the air anyway.

In any case some one will be in charge. Caretaker cabinet greets delegates.

Makes basic deals in principle, but signs papers at later date.

Edited by animatic

If Somchai resigns then the PAD have won. Then when they dont like something/someone in the next government they will throw the country back in to chaos and do this all over again because they know they would be above the law!

Looks like they might be expediting the PPP Dissolution :

Final closing arguments Dec 2nd, no dragging out 36

windy exec's speeches under questioning.

The could just turn and dissolve them same or next day. Easy enough.

No reason not to. Only need to type up the additions to an obviously

mostly already drafted judicial opinion after defendant speeches.

Boom! earyl Bday present, and it avoids attempts of planned

Dec 8th and 9th legislative coup. ASEAN party is up in the air anyway.

In any case some one will be in charge. Caretaker cabinet greets delegates.

I got told 13 or 15 is the day for dissolution.

8 or 9 is a joint house meeting planned (so that's the last chance for constitution changes).

If Somchai resigns then the PAD have won. Then when they dont like something/someone in the next government they will throw the country back in to chaos and do this all over again because they know they would be above the law!

yes and than politician will learn that they are ousted if the abuse power or being very corrupt.

The problem Somchai has is that he fired the police chief for refusing to use force on the protestors and this is reproted quite openly in Thai newspapers. Now it is known that the government want to use force but they still cannot get the polic to do it. He is looking weaker. The other problem is his own street gangs have said they will do the job if the police dont. that quite likely results in military intervention. This is all on a knife edge right now and one wrong move is going to bring the whole thing crashing down.

Also it is now totally in the open that Thaksin is back in control of the party. That in itself has repercussions on how his opponents other than the PAD will react.