Suvarnabhumi PAD Protest Continues

Jai Dee

What shocks me is who can support these people and people who agree with this kind of protests.

Incredibly, a lot of Thaivisa posters support these thugs.

Tank You, in any other country these THUGS would be considered terrorist, which they actually are,try this in the UK

or USA........but there it would never have happend........security is not sleeping on the job like here

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give me a freakin break. The PM really needs to just step down, since it really IS a proxy government in power.

Who do you suggest take over running the government?

The elite group already has a name to be submitted for the PM position.

Give it a rest... So does the next proxy party... Tacky's cousin has been named as a potential Proxy err.. Prime... Minister.

What shocks me is who can support these people and people who agree with this kind of protests.

These guys are broken the law and they should be under arrest , but the police doing anything against them.

Because their belongs to the rich thai bourgeoisie who jut want to defend their own privileges. If they should be a poor people the police sould been already in action.

Has anyone seen the government today? Have they made any statement?

The PM was involved in a good game of golf this morning in Chang Mai

The Police lost a few truckloads of riot gear, when a couple of grandmothers let the air out of the tires.

It is a weekend, so a lot of new protesters come to join the party.

Right now everything is on hold until the court hearing on Tuesday morning. Nobody is going to take a chance on not having a seat to set in when the music stops, and the PPP and other parties are desolved.

This is probably a stupid thing to say, but haven't the Thai police ever heard of water cannons? Are they so swept up on "face" that they can't ask their counterparts in say the "British" police force or the "American" police force for a more reliable and less fatal way of dealing with large crowds? Can you imagine any police force anywhere else in the world being run off or turned back by unruly crowds and demonstators? Jeez.

The Police lost a few truckloads of riot gear, when a couple of grandmothers let the air out of the tires.

Right now everything is on hold until the court hearing on Tuesday morning. Nobody is going to take a chance on not having a seat to set in when the music stops, and the PPP and other parties are desolved.

For real?!?

Interior minister holds meeting of senior metropolitan police

Interior Minister Pol Gen Kowit Watana held a meeting of senior metropolitan police officers Saturday morning to discuss measures for dispersing protesters at the Don Mueang Airport.

Speaking to reporters after the meeting at 1 pm, Metropolitan Police Deputy Commissioner Pol Maj Gen Amnuay Nimmano said the meeting also discussed measures to deal with traffic congestions if the protesters attempt to paralyse traffic if the rally at two Bangkok airports were dispersed by police.

Source: The Nation - 29 November 2008

For real?!?

Definatly Yes..

Also Gen Chamlong (PAD) stated they were willing to negotiate with the PM anywhere but in Chang Mai. It had to be face to face not over the phone or video conferencing, but face to face....

BANGKOK, Thailand — Thai riot police used a cheap Chinese tear gas that contained an explosive powerful enough to rip craters in the ground to disperse crowds of anti-government protesters last week, an investigator said Monday.

Can't vouch for Thailand, but I know for sure the rozzers in Burma used the same low quality crowd control devices.

But my take on this whole event. I simply can't believe, if i was Thai, anyone would vote for this mob who has held the country to ransom & taken countless thousands of innocent tourists hostage (and before the flame, if the only door is barred by someone, you're being held against your will). Sure there are "other means" - but not on a package tour.

An act like this will only provoke violence - and I think this part of the world has seen enough recently.

a non-violent protest

I'm trying to believe that it is "a non-violent protest" (joke of the year) because so far they only sit at Suvarnabhumi, Don Muang, and the Ex-Government House.

Why don't they protest at Chatuchak or Sanam Luang?

Tank You, in any other country these THUGS would be considered terrorist, which they actually are,try this in the UK

or USA........but there it would never have happend........security is not sleeping on the job like here

Security is not sleeping on the job, it is sitting on the sidelines. ps it did happen in 1642

-and yes this would not have happened in England today due to the checks and balances in the political system, which Thailand does not have.

I am a distant descendant of Oliver Cromwell and so by inclination am a Parliamentarian. In this instance, I am unashamedly a royalist.

My opinion will be reviewed when the political process is. (Not that I can vote, you understand!)

Lets all remember folks, this site is only about opinions. (IMHO)

PAD guards capture plainclothes policewoman, parade her before protesters

A plainclothes policewoman was nearly lynched by angry protesters at the Don Mueang Airport Saturday afternoon after she was identified and captured by guards of the People's Alliance for Democracy.

The policewoman, who was identified later as Pol Sub Lt Suparp Antaptim, was spotted walking around the entrance to the airport at 11:30 am and telling arriving protesters to leave. She told them that police were about to disperse the rally.

She was taken to be on the stage in front of the protesters at 12:00 pm.

Maleerat Kaewka, a PAD leader, told the crowd that the woman was a policewoman on disguise.

Maleerat asked the protesters to remember the policewoman so that she could not sneak in again.

With her shaking voice, the policewoman asked the protesters to return home now as they could no longer stay there. She also apologised to them, saying she did not intend to inside the rally ground.

While she was being taken out of the airport, many angry protesters threw water into her face and many tried to hit her.

The guards had to shield her from attacks.

Many protesters took her picture and hurled abuses at her.

She was taken to a taxi and allowed to leave.

The Royal Thai police are a joke!!!! They went in to remove the PAD from Suvarnabhumi and what happened, the PAD ended up raiding the police trucks and taking their riot gear. The Thai police force is going to be the laughing stock if the law enforcement community if they can't control the situation. We need to get Batman to take of the PAD, atleast he won't back down hahaha.

Oh Somchai should just quit, he freaking ego is just making the situtaion worse, he obviously has no control of our country which is in chaos now.

The Thai Police Force is going to be the laughing stock of the law enforcement community? Hah! Who says it hasn't been that for...well, for a thousand years.

Here in China the Chinese ask me about (my ten years in) Thailand. I tell the Chinese that the Thais are incompetent, inept, disorganized; that Thais cannot transition from the Old Word to the New World--that Thais simply can't quit their antiquated and decrepit ways.

The Chinese regard the Thais as fools. They're just not sure how the Thais got that way or why, especially to the present extent of being incapable of governing themselves or of organizing their society. So I'm more than willing to discuss it.

I'd say that eccentric, egocentric ethnocentrism is a good starting point.

Can someone please tell me when the PAD mercenaries will (leave/be removed from) the airport so the we can get on with our business???

Simple too answer.....when the government leaves, they will leave....

And they are Patriots not mercenaries.

Interesting terminology. One person's patriot is an others terrorist.

But only terrorists threaten to use innocent people as human shields and instigate actions that harm innocent people.

Time the trash was taken out of the airport.

But my take on this whole event. I simply can't believe, if i was Thai, anyone would vote for this mob who has held the country to ransom & taken countless thousands of innocent tourists hostage (and before the flame, if the only door is barred by someone, you're being held against your will). Sure there are "other means" - but not on a package tour.

PAD isn't a political party, you can't vote for them if you were Thai. From what I gather they want the government to step down.

The move on the airports came about because the government was trying to take out anti-corruption legislation from the constitution just before it is about to become finalised.

PM says he ready to talk to Chamlong

Chiang Mai - Prime Minster Somchai Wongsawat said Saturday that he is willing to hold a talk with Chamlong Srimuang, a co-leader of the People's Alliance for Democracy.

But he insisted that he will neither dissolve the House or resign.

I believe in democracy, but like I said, the rights of one individual finish at the place where the rights of another individual begin. To trample on the rights of others to demand your own rights is not only a contradiction in terms but also a very selfish thing to do.

Rubbish, since when was it a human rights violation to stop you boarding a flight? Go back to Fourmod's wonderland.

UN universal declaration of human rights.

Article 13.

• (1) Everyone has the right to freedom of movement and residence within the borders of each state.
    (2) Everyone has the right to leave any country, including his own, and to return to his country.
    Source: United nations website /Overview/rights.html

Really, with just a little google search you could have found that. In most countries its just simply called "Freedom of movement".

I get annoyed by people stating their feelings/beliefs as if they were facts. Just because you "feel" something is true, it doesn't make it true.

Basically he means all have been affected
Who has been inconvenienced by this? Corpulent westerners who want to go home to stuff themselves into a stupor over a holiday weekend? Greedy resort owners on the beaches who have already jacked their prices way beyond the level of service they provide? If your concern is money, this issue transcends money, it is the future of the country at stake.[/font]

You are incredibly narrow minded if you really believe this. Who has been inconvenienced by this?

Staff, business owners at the airport, anybody trying to go to Thailand to make business there and/or spend their money there, any Thai person wanting to do business abroad.

People air shipping out of Thailand or into Thailand, and this doesn't just include rich and powerful business owners (although they too have rights, I imagine you'll agree). I have shipments stuck in Thailand due to be delivered to my customers for Christmas holidays, shipments of goods manufactured by Thai companies, made by thai workers (most of them not wealthy), workers who at least will lose my business if I lose my customer.

Besides, are you really trying to say that foreigners should have no rights in Thailand? Even "corpulent westerners who want to go home to stuff themselves"?? You would be a very scary person if you had any kind of power in Thailand.

Resort owners? What about all the hundreds of thousands of people that work for those resort owners, people who make handicrafts and sell goods, food, etc. for tourists?

I for one am trapped from going back to Thailand, it's costing me money to rearrange my travel and to stay away, I am being forced to stay away from my family. I cannot manage my business. Are you saying I shouldn't have any rights?

And the list could go on. In the end, who will this affect? Regular people in Thailand. Honest people struggling to make a living. :o

Bah.

Many people were more than inconvenienced by the Tsunami in Phuket, by the Twin Towers collapse, by attacks in Mumbai and by worldwide recession. Of course the PAD have inconvenienced people. Actions have consequences on us all and it is human nature to complain about inconvenience. To wish death and destruction on people attempting a non-violent protest because it is an inconvenience. I say attempting because I know there have been confrontations and of course there will be. Perhaps onlokers would just prefer them to self-immolate in an empty field to avoid inconvenience?

If so stand up and take a bow. you should be proud of taking a stand about something of principle.

This is probably a stupid thing to say, but haven't the Thai police ever heard of water cannons? Are they so swept up on "face" that they can't ask their counterparts in say the "British" police force or the "American" police force for a more reliable and less fatal way of dealing with large crowds? Can you imagine any police force anywhere else in the world being run off or turned back by unruly crowds and demonstators? Jeez.

They had some sorts of water cannons.

What I know is on 7 Oct they asked for fire fighting trucks to spray water to protestors but the Ex-BKK Governor Apirak said trucks were not available. And they had to use tear gas which was the last step.

"They have it coming"? It's difficult to comprehend why some of you sitting cosy at your computers would say that people in a peaceful demonstration should be shot and killed. These are people who are doing what they believe is the right thing to do to save the future of their country

They are fighting against a government that has bought their way into power through duplicity, lies and vote buying. You would be negligent in your duties as a citizen of your country if you didn't do everything possible to oust these politicians who corrupt the word democracy and everything it stands for

Where have you been? Please keep up. This airport takeover is not a "peaceful protest".

Sooner or later pro-PAD fools will be hiding their heads in shame.

Vote buying allegations can be taken care of in court just like in any other democratic nation. Please don't use that nonsense as an excuse for these "peaceful protests".

Got to agree with Denelectro:

You say the airport takeover was not a peaceful protest....How many shots were fired, how many bombs were dropped, how many lives were taken???

1. 1st the "May yoke" arrived with the trucks with the food, water, sum tum,,,,etc. Parked and went inside and mingled with the passengers.

2. Then the protesters came, waving their little hand clappers, and chanting GET OUT, GET OUT. (Referring to the PM). If you will remember he was supposed to land at the airport.

The "Government" was attempting to amend the constitution to revoke those clauses that got the TRT banned, and the hand writing was on the wall they themselves were also soon to be banned. Also to get rid of the Privy Counsel, so as to usurp the prerogative of the Palace to grant amnesty, and give that to the government.

If there was ever a time for a protest to happen this was the time.

There are some pictures of some farang's after the takeover with little hand clappers, wearing head bands "We Fight for the KIng" having a great adventure.

The fact is the people of Thailand have a RIGHT to protest, and that is exactly what they are doing.

(It looks like the Courts as of 3 PM Friday gave notice of accelerating the case of corruption for the 3 major parties. They will close the case at 10:30 AM Dec 2. They already stated that enough evidence had been reviewed that no more testimony would be necessary).

I really do not know how you can call this a peaceful protest. If the law is not respected as in this PAD case, then anyone can protest for whatever they think is right. So, the UDD may now take over the court house as they see that the court is partial??

Maybe you should read "The True Believer: Thoughts On The Nature Of Mass Movements " by Eric Hoffman. It might help you see what is actually going on.

Edited by kaotang

PAD guards capture plainclothes policewoman, parade her before protesters

A plainclothes policewoman was nearly lynched by angry protesters at the Don Mueang Airport Saturday afternoon after she was identified and captured by guards of the People's Alliance for Democracy.

The policewoman, who was identified later as Pol Sub Lt Suparp Antaptim, was spotted walking around the entrance to the airport at 11:30 am and telling arriving protesters to leave. She told them that police were about to disperse the rally.

She was taken to be on the stage in front of the protesters at 12:00 pm.

Maleerat Kaewka, a PAD leader, told the crowd that the woman was a policewoman on disguise.

Maleerat asked the protesters to remember the policewoman so that she could not sneak in again.

With her shaking voice, the policewoman asked the protesters to return home now as they could no longer stay there. She also apologised to them, saying she did not intend to inside the rally ground.

While she was being taken out of the airport, many angry protesters threw water into her face and many tried to hit her.

The guards had to shield her from attacks.

Many protesters took her picture and hurled abuses at her.

She was taken to a taxi and allowed to leave.

Only in Thailand could you still have a functional taxi service in the middle of this.

For real?!?

Has the feeling of a bad 70's sitcom about a bumbling but benign leader and his inept police chief. Cue the laugh track.

Article 13.

• (1) Everyone has the right to freedom of movement and residence within the borders of each state.
    (2) Everyone has the right to leave any country, including his own, and to return to his country.

Really, with just a little google search you could have found that. In most countries its just simply called "Freedom of movement".

I get annoyed by people stating their feelings/beliefs as if they were facts. Just because you "feel" something is true, it doesn't make it true.

Where does it say you have the right to leave via the airport? You're the one mixing feelings and fact, there are many ways of leaving Thailand.

If it annoys you then why do you do it yourself? Hypocrite :o .

Can someone please tell me when the PAD mercenaries will (leave/be removed from) the airport so the we can get on with our business???

Simple too answer.....when the government leaves, they will leave....

And they are Patriots not mercenaries.

Interesting terminology. One person's patriot is an others terrorist.

But only terrorists threaten to use innocent people as human shields and instigate actions that harm innocent people.

Time the trash was taken out of the airport.

LOL .. another one that calls others trash? innocent people as human shields? instigate actions that harm innocents? I wonder what innocents were to be human shields? There were no passengers/employees at the airport at the time of that announcement ... the only threats against innocents I have seen were by the Gov't and the UDD ... etc

I have opinions of what constitutes trash in human terms but even druggies and pervs can be reformed so I avoid the label "trash" in almost all circumstances!

I believe in democracy, but like I said, the rights of one individual finish at the place where the rights of another individual begin. To trample on the rights of others to demand your own rights is not only a contradiction in terms but also a very selfish thing to do.

Rubbish, since when was it a human rights violation to stop you boarding a flight? Go back to Fourmod's wonderland.

Article 13.

No one is preventing anyone from leaving or entering the country... Just the selected airports. And your restriction of freedom of movement and residence is a total stretch.

PAD isn't a political party, you can't vote for them if you were Thai. From what I gather they want the government to step down.

The move on the airports came about because the government was trying to take out anti-corruption legislation from the constitution just before it is about to become finalised.

Thanks for the clarification - but a question rears it's head, if the government dissolves, and PAD's jobs is done - who'll stand for PM ? I i'm probably incorrectly thinking reps from the PAD movement ?