Thaksin Warns Of Bloodshed

sabaijai

The thread should be renamed:

Thaksin incites bloodshed

OR

Thaksin hopes for bloodshed

Oh come on, you can do better. Why not sink to the depths of The Nation in biased 'journalism' and make the headline 'Fugitive Thaksin incites bloodshed'. It's utterly ridiculous the way they conduct what they might still consider journalism. It was just frivolous and unnecessary. This is why I never buy this paper, it's trash, same level as Manager and ASTV.

Is he a fugitive from Thai law, or not?

He is a futive from the Junta law. This posting of mine where I have to tell every PAD lover individually tells me that you know nothing about Thailand, less about its Court system and even less about Thai politics.

Research more and post less if you cannot get the basics right.

Look up the names of the Court judges who are after Thaksin.

See when they were appointed and by who.

With this in mind, AGAIN for those who don't get it. It would be impossible for Thaksin NOT to be prosecuted and impossible for the PPP NOT to be disolved by them.

This set of judges and constitution rules are soley in place to keep the Elite in power and the poor out of it.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ANYONE come to mind when you read the below:

Identifying a Pathological Liar

Pathological liars, or "mythomaniacs," may be suffering from histrionic personality disorder or narcissistic personality disorder. The following comments basically reflect a pathological liar who has the characteristics of histrionic personality disorder.

Some characteristics:

1. Exaggerates things that are ridiculous.

2. One-upping. Whatever you do, this person can do it better. You will never top them in their own mind, because they have a concerted need to be better than everyone else. This also applies to being right. If you try to confront an individual like this, no matter how lovingly and well-intentioned you might be - this will probably not be effective. It's threatening their fantasy of themselves, so they would rather argue with you and bring out the sharp knives than admit that there's anything wrong with them.

3. They "construct" a reality around themselves. They don't value the truth, especially if they don't see it as hurting anyone. If you call them on a lie and they are backed into a corner, they will act very defensively and say ugly things (most likely but depends on personality), but they may eventually start to act like, "Well, what's the difference? You're making a big deal out of nothing!" (again, to refocus the conversation to your wrongdoing instead of theirs).

4. Because these people don't value honesty, a lot of times they will not value loyalty. So watch what you tell them. They will not only tell others, but they will embellish to make you look worse. Their loyalty is fleeting, and because they are insecure people, they will find solace in confiding to whomever is in their favor at the moment.

5. They may be somewhat of a hypochondriac. This can come in especially useful when caught in a lie, for example, they can claim that they have been sick, or that there's some mysteriously "illness" that has them all stressed out. It's another excuse tool for their behavior.

6. Obviously, they will contradict what they say. This will become very clear over time. They usually aren't smart enough to keep track of so many lies (who would be?).

Here are some ways to tell someone is a pathological liar contributed by another WikiAnswers Contributor:

* They lie about even the smallest things. For example, saying "I brushed my teeth today," when they didn't.

* They add exaggerations to every sentence.

* They change their story all the time.

* They act very defensively when you question their statements.

* They believe what they say is true, when everyone else knows it isn't.

Here's an alternate "checklist":

* Lies when it is very easy to tell the truth.

* Lies to get sympathy, to look beter, to save their butt, etc.

* Fools people at first but once they get to know him, no one believes anything they ever say.

* May have a personality disorder.

* Extremely manipulative.

* Has been caught in lies repeatedly.

* Never fesses up to the lies.

* Is a legend in their own mind.

don't forget megalomaniac...

He is a futive from the Junta law. This posting of mine where I have to tell every PAD lover individually tells me that you know nothing about Thailand, less about its Court system and even less about Thai politics.

Grandpops, why don't YOU tell us yourself. On the previous page Animatic gave us a long and detailed post about the courts and judges. When will YOU put you money where your mouth is and show us what you are talking about.

If your "proof" is anything like "He is a futive from the Junta law.' - they have no substance in it whatsoever.

He was convicted according to the laws that were existent when the offence took place - in 2003, long long before any junta. They didn't have to write any new laws to cover his criminal act.

Grandpops, why don't YOU tell us yourself. On the previous page Animatic gave us a long and detailed post about the courts and judges. When will YOU put you money where your mouth is and show us what you are talking about.

If your "proof" is anything like "He is a futive from the Junta law.' - they have no substance in it whatsoever.

He was convicted according to the laws that were existent when the offence took place - in 2003, long long before any junta. They didn't have to write any new laws to cover his criminal act.

Sorry plus, but your argument or should I say facts don't suit the brain dead who are ardent believers that Mr ex PM convicted criminal Thaksin is innocent and as pure as driven snow and shouldn't under any circumstances be picked on for all the "good" he did for Thailand, like killing a couple of thousand "drug addits and dealers" - murdering by default hundreds of southern Thais because they don't like or vote for him, lining his own pockets with Thailands money, promoting his family and lackies into positions of power so they too can rip-off as much as they can, running away from the country when he should be here facing the courts and now promoting further violence and saying how everyone should respect the law - of course he is excluded from this as he is the saviour of Thailand and perfectly innocent of any mis-deeds.

If this wasn't so true it would be funny.

Possibly there is a movie or two here -

1 First one - "I did it My Way"

2. sequel - "Oh bummer I got caught-out"

OR

Oh come on, you can do better. Why not sink to the depths of The Nation in biased 'journalism' and make the headline 'Fugitive Thaksin incites bloodshed'. It's utterly ridiculous the way they conduct what they might still consider journalism. It was just frivolous and unnecessary. This is why I never buy this paper, it's trash, same level as Manager and ASTV.

With this in mind, AGAIN for those who don't get it. It would be impossible for Thaksin NOT to be prosecuted and impossible for the PPP NOT to be disolved by them.

This set of judges and constitution rules are soley in place to keep the Elite in power and the poor out of it.

Why do I think of 'One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest', every time I see one of your posts :o

I think the PAD overstepped the mark, the government can't do anything about it and so naturally, the army will have to step in.

[scratching my head in confusion yet again] :o

Why does everyone seem to think that the prerequisite of the Army doing their job is overthrowing the government???

Why can't they just come out take care of the situation and go home????

Why do they need to have a coup first????

The army in Thailand has a rather strange job description, but obviously protecting the viability of their country and its economy, does not come under that description.

In any other country the army would be carrying out the orders of the govt. but not here.

PAD have known the army will not act against them from day one. They are on the same side, although as it gets more far fetched it must be embarrassing for them.

Army is happy to keep quiet only if the government is under their control. This govt. is most frustrating for them, as it doesn't always do what its told. It even dares to talk back!

Are you saying is that in Thailad the governemnt is "supposed to" take the orders of the Army not the other way around and the problem is that this government is not letting the Army pull the strings behind closed doors???

OR

yes we know who is appointing the judges, but it gets boring to read comments which tries to tell something which is against the forum rules without speaking it out.

I think the PAD overstepped the mark, the government can't do anything about it and so naturally, the army will have to step in.

Why does everyone seem to think that the prerequisite of the Army doing their job is overthrowing the government???

The army in Thailand has a rather strange job description, but obviously protecting the viability of their country and its economy, does not come under that description.

In any other country the army would be carrying out the orders of the govt. but not here.

PAD have known the army will not act against them from day one. They are on the same side, although as it gets more far fetched it must be embarrassing for them.

Army is happy to keep quiet only if the government is under their control. This govt. is most frustrating for them, as it doesn't always do what its told. It even dares to talk back!

Are you saying is that in Thailad the governemnt is "supposed to" take the orders of the Army not the other way around and the problem is that this government is not letting the Army pull the strings behind closed doors???

Well, yes basically. Thaksin's govt saw a sidelining of the army and its powers which is one of the reasons it wasn't popular.

OR

yes we know who is appointing the judges, but it gets boring to read comments which tries to tell something which is against the forum rules without speaking it out.

Substitute "enlightening" for "boring".

Thaksin is a convicted criminal? By whom? May I ask?

Convicted by a Kangaroo Court of Judges appointed by a Junta that overthrew a Democratically Elected Government! That is a fair trial, come on!! I think the Thai Kangaroo Court is similar if not worst than the one in Rangoon!

What a joke!!

:o:D:D

A joke? Yes that does sum up your comments nicely.

How did you feel when Thaksin was PM and he was cleared by the courts of assets concealment? Do you think the judges acted with impartiality then? Thaksin was quick to hail his victory then, but now he doesn't like the verdict and all of a sudden the courts can't be trusted!

I guess in his eyes, the fact that the lunch-box bribe wasn't accepted, and he wasn't able to muscle his way out of wrong-doings, it must be the courts at fault.

OR

Yes he is without a doubt.

Unless you subscribe to the 'courts are bought by PAD' theory.

OR

No, PAD is just an attack dog that will be euthanised when its backers deem it to have completed its mission.The Thai courts have nevertheless been politicised for reasons which to use Plus's expression are bloody obvious.

Well, yes basically. Thaksin's govt saw a sidelining of the army and its powers which is one of the reasons it wasn't popular.

Also Thaksin moved his chess pieces up in clear moves to control the Army for HIS ends.

A blatant attempt to co-opt the army. That was resented for sure.

OR

Because his fantasy scenario is that the country will be in ruins and he will be called back in as the Messiah. The sick thing to my view is that so many Thais AND farangs are playing right into his hand.

Maybe you are right. My Thai friends are discussing this at the moment. Their theory is that the government are doing nothing to stop the PAD in the hope that the "reds" will attack and cause chaos thus preventing the court ruling on Dec. 2. In the following chaos Thaksin will slip from Cambodia into Chiang Mai and take over from there with the possibility of a divided nation. They discussed this just 15 minutes ago.

Frightening possibility.

Convicted by a Kangaroo Court of Judges appointed by a Junta that overthrew a Democratically Elected Government! That is a fair trial, come on!! I think the Thai Kangaroo Court is similar if not worst than the one in Rangoon!

What a joke!!

How did you feel when Thaksin was PM and he was cleared by the courts of assets concealment? Do you think the judges acted with impartiality then? Thaksin was quick to hail his victory then, but now he doesn't like the verdict and all of a sudden the courts can't be trusted!

I guess in his eyes, the fact that the lunch-box bribe wasn't accepted, and he wasn't able to muscle his way out of wrong-doings, it must be the courts at fault.

The old days were fading away on his watch and he doesn't like it.

The courts and most government entities have ALWAYS been POLITICIZED.

Thaksin did this himself to great measure during his time.

Now the pedulum is swinging back the other way as it inevitably does,

and Thaksin is crying boo hoo.

2 steps forward one step back,

1 step forward 3 steps back,

5 steps forward 1 step back.

0**1

0*1

0**1

------------ GOAL of the future.

What a joke!!

So, you agree with me that the current Court is a Kangaroo one, appointed by the Junta?

OR

No, PAD is just an attack dog that will be euthanised when its backers deem it to have completed its mission.The Thai courts have nevertheless been politicised for reasons which to use Plus's expression are bloody obvious.

This is an anlysis I fully agree with but many do not.

To my mind right now the PAD are being "set up" to:

1. be sacrificed in the name of even handedness when/if the PPP are smashed.

2. To utterly discredit street demos and the light handling of them as a tactic, so when/if a saviour government is appointed it will be easy for them to take an extremely hard line with any street demos by Thaksinistas with maximum public support.

I forgot to mention. They firmly believe Anupong will be removed from power today. I have no idea where they get their information from or whether it is just personal opinions.

If they are going to do that the will announce it while they have a street gang in Bangkok and ready. Personally I doubt it but things are unstable. It would also quite likely trigger an instant coup but by now the PPP may want that.

eeconomist

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts Today, 2008-11-30 01:29:53 Post #46

Group: Members

Member No.: 67,294

Now PAD wants to have a Government that is mostly appointed instead of Elected? That is Democracy?

What a joke!!

eeconomist.

Is the present Government not appointed.

What a joke!!

Phupaman

What a joke!!

So, you agree with me that the current Court is a Kangaroo one, appointed by the Junta?

Names please. Who exactly was appointed by the Junta?

My point was that the Thai courts have always been susceptable to outside influence (if you want to define that as being a kangaroo court then do so if it pleases you), so you can't pick and choose when you want to respect their verdict. Thaksin respected it when he had the the power to meddle and funnily enough was cleared (despite evidence that suggested otherwise), but didn't respect it when he was convicted - and you think that's a coincidence? LOL

(and you still haven't commented on Thaksin's attempt to bribe the courts - don't you agree that makes it even more ridiculous for him to complain about impartiality when he himself was trying to corrupt the court process?)

You Thaksin followers really are the strangest people!

OR

No, PAD is just an attack dog that will be euthanised when its backers deem it to have completed its mission.

The Thai courts have nevertheless been politicised for reasons which to use Plus's expression are bloody obvious.

This is an analysis I fully agree with but many do not.

To my mind right now the PAD are being "set up" to:

1. be sacrificed in the name of even handedness when/if the PPP are smashed.

2. To utterly discredit street demos and the light handling of them as a tactic, so when/if a saviour government is appointed it will be easy for them to take an extremely hard line with any street demos by Thaksinistas with maximum public support.

This may well be part of the end scenario.

I think PAD understand this too.

How smashed 'as an example' is the question of the day.

And then how forceful the hand will be over the likely ballistic Red factions.

For any peace to be ongoing they will REALLY need to be reigned in and too scared to continue.

The court rulings I have read ALL seem to be correctly written.

And properly thought out based on rules from the time of infractions.

Kangaroo courts totally ignore the laws and go for the end result.

I have NOT seen this here, no matter WHO appointed them.

But that was then and this is now, TODAY's situation must be dealt with,

and that is actually more troubing for the soul of thailand than the past.

Chok dee.

PAD is just an attack dog that will be euthanised when its backers deem it to have completed its mission.

I believe it is far more than that and the "backers" have lost all control over it long time ago. At this moment they are held hostage to PAD ideals themselves.

That's why the deal between the backers and Thaksin is not possible anymore.

The story about Chamlong telling a "senior person" after a direct request that leaving the airport is not an option is rather telling.

To clarify - by PAD ideals I mean "No to Thaksin(s)" expressed in various ways rather than new politics and such.

PAD is just an attack dog that will be euthanised when its backers deem it to have completed its mission.

I believe it is far more than that and the "backers" have lost all control over it long time ago. At this moment they are held hostage to PAD ideals themselves.

That's why the deal between the backers and Thaksin is not possible anymore.

The story about Chamlong telling a "senior person" after a direct request that leaving the airport is not an option is rather telling.

To clarify - by PAD ideals I mean "No to Thaksin(s)" expressed in various ways rather than new politics and such.

Interesting thoughts, genuinely.I note the "no to Thaksin point"

Odd that the senior person call hasn't been the subject of discussion here.I'm assuming it was Prem.However even if PAD has reached some kind of critical mass -i.e pursuing its goals independently of its backers, it doesn't mean it won't be squashed by them eventually.There are some interesting precedents from the French Revolution where factions turned on each other.After all we have already had our "let them eat cake" moment.

I also tend to agree that Thaksin has become too divisive a figure to contemplate a return

I also tend to agree that Thaksin has become too divisive a figure to contemplate a return

It wouldn't be divisive if he came back to serve his time. If he showed some regret, he'd probably be back out in 6 months.

After that, if he kept his nose out of politics i'm sure he could resume his businesses and live a happy life. Thailand might just be able to move on. But will he do that? He'd have to change the habit of a lifetime to do so, and put other people first. Not holding my breathe.

It wouldn't be divisive if he came back to serve his time. If he showed some regret, he'd probably be back out in 6 months.

After that, if he kept his nose out of politics i'm sure he could resume his businesses and live a happy life. Thailand might just be able to move on. But will he do that? He'd have to change the habit of a lifetime to do so, and put other people first. Not holding my breathe.

If he came and served his time he still would be doing perpwalks for the up coming cases,

and each one has has a pretty good chance of losing. Each perpwalk brings out the red shirts,

and as his prison time mounts, he looks more martyred to his loyalists.

And with him close by and a smuggled cellphone he would STILL be directing operations.

If he was flat broke and in isolation maybe things might quiet down some.

He is likely incapable of showing regret because that undermines his main control of the supporters.

If he regrets, then he is not a victim any more, but a contrite, but guilty villian.

If he shows no regret, he is still a freedom fighter for the poor and down trodden.

Two edges sword, one butt cheek on either side.

thaksindown-1.jpg

Catch me if you can

Last week Thailand descended into chaos as tens of thousands of protesters surrounded parliament in a bid to drive out the government it accuses of being puppets of former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

Since he was ousted in a bloodless coup in 2006, his UK visa has been revoked, his wife has divorced him and a controversial two-year jail sentence for corruption awaits him in his home country. In his first interview in 18 months, he speaks to Arabian Business.

If Thaksin Shinawatra is feeling the heat, then he's not showing it. Thailand has an arrest warrant out for its former prime minister. The UK has just revoked his visa, and some Western countries are distancing themselves from the man they once championed as their greatest ally in Asia. And yet all Shinawatra can do is shrug.

"Do you know how many countries there are in the world? There are 197. And only 17 have an extradition treaty with Thailand," he notes with a thin smile. "Better still, only 10 of those treaties are active. So, don't you worry about me, I still have many places to stay."

The poor have no choice but to live in a capitalist economy, but they have no capital. They have no access to it. If you give them that access, it changes everything.

One such place is Dubai, where Shinawatra is resting comfortably in one of the emirate's top five-star hotels. He might feel entitled to a break, too, as it has been a busy 2008 for the man first nominated to Thailand's top office in a landslide election victory in 2001.

Two years ago he was overthrown in a bloodless coup while visiting the UN in New York. Exiled after months of massive anti-government protests, he ended up in the UK, where he bought Premier League football club Manchester City.

After the 2007 election, in which his new People Power Party won a healthy majority, and the forming of a new democratic government by his allies, Shinawatra returned in early 2008 to face his corruption charges in legal courts. However, he and his wife skipped bail - they were convicted in absentia, and a lengthy stay in a Bangkok jail awaits them if they return.

The UK froze his reputed $4bn of assets, forcing him to sell Manchester City to Abu Dhabi's Sheikh Mansour. To add to his troubles, his UK visa was revoked - oh, and his wife divorced him last week.

"It's been a busy few months," he says, laughing at his own predicament. And it's about to get even busier, as Shinawatra reveals he intends to make a comeback in politics, tackle global poverty, reorganise the Middle East's healthcare system - and while he's at it, establish a sizeable foundation to look after Asians hit by the financial crisis.

The really tricky one on the above ‘Shinawatra to-do list' is return to politics. On October 21, 2008, five members of a nine-member special bench of the Supreme Court found him guilty of a conflict of interest and sentenced him to two years in jail.

The judges found that Shinawatra had ultimate oversight over the Financial Institutions Development Fund, a government-run agency that bought up bank collateral and mortgages. Shinawatra's wife won a competitive auction for a piece of land owned by the FIDF in 2003, and the judges found that his wife's purchase of the land was done on his behalf, thus constituting a conflict of interest.

Given the two-year jail term that awaits him upon his his return - not to mention a long list of political enemies who would like to see the back of him for good - a return to his homeland doesn't sound like the wisest move.

"I have no choice," he insists. "In the beginning after I was ousted, my wife asked me not to go back to politics. She didn't like politics, and the whole family went through a lot of hardship so I didn't go back.

"But now I have been cornered because the country is going down deeply," he continues. "The confidence is not there; the trust among the foreign community is not there; the poor people in rural areas are in difficulty.

With me at the helm I can bring confidence quickly back to Thailand, and that is why we have to find a mechanism under which I can go back into politics."

What does his wife think about this? "She has divorced me," he responds, bluntly - end of subject.

He admits that going back now would be too risky, but insists that "time is on my side". Last week tens of thousands of anti-government protesters marched on Thailand's parliament.

The protesters, from the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) blocked all streets leading to parliament and besieged other state buildings, forcing MPs to cancel their business, in response to a grenade attack on the protester's camp that killed one of their supporters earlier this month.

Violence flared and as Arabian Business went to press, the head of Thailand's army had asked the government to dissolve parliament and call new elections - circumstances hardly conducive to a return for the former prime minister.

"I can stay here and do some business, enjoy life a bit. But I have to go back for my people and my supporters, most of whom are poor or middle class," he says.

"In the past the poor didn't see the future - they only saw the bitter past and short present," he continues. "After I became PM I gave them hope, I brought them freshness. They saw a future for their children to go to school and for their crops. They were happy - even taxi drivers were happy - and I brought the economy back to normal."

But could he really be PM again? Shinawatra is adamant that it could happen.

"The coup is still there - it has been transformed from a military coup to a judicial coup," he explains. "I think a lot depends on the power of the people - if they feel they are in hardship and they need me to help them, I will go back.

"If the King feels I can be beneficial I will go back and he may grant me a royal pardon," he continues. "If they don't need me and the King feels I can make no difference then I will stay here and do business. I will live my life with friends."

Today Shinawatra is in the Gulf rekindling close friendships with business and political leaders in the region. He said he has been made to feel very welcome, unlike in the UK, where many were surprised by the British government's decision to revoke his visa. Now, he chooses his words carefully, but remains singularly unimpressed at the circumstances of his departure.

"I think the UK is a mature democratic country, and they should understand that I am the victim of the coup d'etat," he maintains. "I am the victim of dictatorship, even though there was a court verdict.

- Arabian Business.com / 2008-11-30

Protesters need to leave the airports, they are hurting all the good Thai people who work to feed their familys, Some time you have to becareful of what you wish for you might just get it? Would a new goverment be better? Not so many years ago there was no subway, skytrain , and oh yea no new airport.