Thaksin Warns Of Bloodshed

sabaijai

Yes, they need to leave the airport ASAP. Like yesterday.

Not so many years ago there was no subway, skytrain , and oh yea no new airport.

All of which were in the works before TRT Thaksin's machine came on the scene.

The airport was started 40 years ago.

But who ever cuts the ribbon on opening day, takes credit for all who came before.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The arrogance of the man is disturbing to say the least, his mental stability over the last few months is also questionable, on reading the post from SJ (#89) after a few lines I thought "right, quote that and question it" then I read a bit more and realised that by the time I got to the end of it I would have been up all night.

I am not pro-PAD by any stretch of the imagination, but this self-serving ego-maniac needs a whupping.

Don't cry for me Rachisima by St. Madonawatra

It won't be easy, you'll think I'm stranger

When I try to explain how I feel

That I still need your love after all that I've done

You won't believe me

All you will see is a PM you once knew

Although I'm dressed up to the nines

All '60's and 70's to you

I had to let it happen, I had to rearrange

Couldn't stay so belly up to the trough

Looking out of penthouse, staying out of limelight

So I chose freedom

Taking a runner, escaping anew

But some thing depressed me ; my fall

I never expected it true.

Don't cry for me Rachisima

The truth I never told you

All through my blunders

My mad resistance

I kept my profits

Don't take your taxes.

And as for fortune, and as for face

They have been stolen

Though it's known to the world they were all I desired

They were just illusions

I've not solutions I'd promised to thee

The answer I've hidden is crime

I love you and hope you love me

Don't cry for me Ratchisima

The truth would only bore you

I took grand percentages

Stiffled most resistance

I want my money

So drop your sentence

Have I said too much?

There's no truths more I can think of to say to you.

But all you have to do is look at me to know

That every word is true

All through my blunders

My mad resistance

I kept my profits

Don't take your taxes.

Edited by animatic

Interesting piece on Bloomberg today:

Mandela, Clinton should make room for Thaksin

Thaksin is a better example of how not to lead or inspire Asia's future. Just as few would seek the advice of Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi on political correctness or U.S. President George W. Bush on diplomacy, Asians shouldn't look to Thaksin for pointers on building their future.

and

No single person gets all the blame for where Thailand is today. Yet the leaders of tomorrow should think twice before tapping Thaksin for insights. That is, unless one is looking for examples of how not to run a country.

Apologies if this was posted elsewhere already, it's not so easy to keep up with all these threads about the crisis.

Edited by longtom

Don't cry for me Rachisima by St. Madonawatra

It won't be easy, you'll think I'm stranger

When I try to explain how I feel

That I still need your love after all that I've done

You won't believe me

All you will see is a PM you once knew

Although I'm dressed up to the nines

All '60's and 70's to you

I had to let it happen, I had to rearrange

Couldn't stay so belly up to the trough

Looking out of penthouse, staying out of limelight

So I chose freedom

Taking a runner, escaping anew

But some thing depressed me ; my fall

I never expected it true.

All through my blunders

My mad resistance

I kept my profits

Don't take your taxes.

And as for fortune, and as for face

They have been stolen

Though it's known to the world they were all I desired

They were just illusions

I've not solutions I'd promised to thee

The answer I've hidden is crime

I love you and hope you love me

Don't cry for me Ratchisima

The truth would only bore you

I took grand percentages

Stiffled most resistance

I want my money

So drop your sentence

Have I said too much?

There's no truths more I can think of to say to you.

But all you have to do is look at me to know

That every word is true

All through my blunders

My mad resistance

I kept my profits

Don't take your taxes.

Good one - maybe we can get Sarah Brightman to sing it although "Time to Say Goodbye" dedicated to mr exPM convicted criminal Thaksin might be more appropriate. www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp0ccQVy1og

Geez - doesn't he have handlers telling him to shut the f___ up?! He's not helping the PPP any more than he's helping himself!

Actually, he is helping himself. The status quo has not brought him back his money. He has THB 76 billion reasons to try to create havoc and chaos, disrupting all reason which could well lead to a backlash against the courts. Right now, he sees instability as his friend.

Don't be surprised if there are more interviews. He is billing himself as the savior for Thailand's poor while the PAD are playing right into his hand by making comments that they have to re-educate the poor.

It sounds to me like end game is getting close and while I still don't know who the winner will be, the loser is obviously the average Thai citizen.

He has THB 76 billion reasons to try to create havoc and chaos, disrupting all reason which could well lead to a backlash against the courts. Right now, he sees instability as his friend.

He won't give up soon, thats for sure - what I am not so sure about is his possible return - I don't see that too soon....wishful thinking, for that he played his vile games too open and made himself some powerful enemy - why did his ex-wife Ms.Pojamarn divorce him?

They could have lead a cuddly life in the sunshine... instead he was grabbing for power the more things went wrong, the more he dived deeper into the affairs and the more he got burned... still he can't let go!

Is my oipinion and of course might be proven wrong by time and developments..

He is a futive from the Junta law. This posting of mine where I have to tell every PAD lover individually tells me that you know nothing about Thailand, less about its Court system and even less about Thai politics.

Research more and post less if you cannot get the basics right.

Irony at a high level.

His divorce doesnt sound as amicable as has been previously reported judging by that interview

Of course Big's blunt response to the divorce question could simply be a worked response, so as to discourage any further questioning. I still maintain that he's playing some financial angle with the divorce. After all the bottom line for the Bigs, both Mister and Missus, is the bottom line.

Edited by ovenman

Interesting piece on Bloomberg today:

Mandela, Clinton should make room for Thaksin

Thaksin is a better example of how not to lead or inspire Asia's future. Just as few would seek the advice of Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi on political correctness or U.S. President George W. Bush on diplomacy, Asians shouldn't look to Thaksin for pointers on building their future.

and

No single person gets all the blame for where Thailand is today. Yet the leaders of tomorrow should think twice before tapping Thaksin for insights. That is, unless one is looking for examples of how not to run a country.

Apologies if this was posted elsewhere already, it's not so easy to keep up with all these threads about the crisis.

Given his fragile ego, I wounder if he will sue for libel? :o

The current situation is a desperate fight by former PM and convicted criminal fugitive Thaksin to secure his return to Thailand.

The only way to accomplish this is through: (i) a Constitutional amendment; (ii) facilitating a subsequent political absolution by his majority PPP; (iii) itself, expected to be dissolved by the Constitutional Court for corruption as soon as tomorrow (a potential flash point event for the DAAD).

It's just about over for him, and this is is only shot. Thaksin will sacrifice his brother-in-law, his followers, and any and everyone necessary to achieve this goal. Thaksin is cornered, despotic and desperate.

The Wild Card: Thaksin declared last week (safe, in Dubai) that he would send and support his followers against any coup-makers, and that it would be bloody. And, he declares the disolution of his PPP by the Constitutional Court (sentence to be read tomorrow) is a part of a silent coup.

This would be a real test of how much Thaksin’s followers really do love him, and a sad tragedy if it happens. Civilians against professional soldiers would be a horrible mismatch. The odds of this happening might be moderate, and if so, only short-lived.

Let's be honest folks, how many Thais do you personally know who are so passionately committed to any ideology, that they are prepared to die for it? . . . pul-leaze!

"Do you know how many countries there are in the world? There are 197. And only 17 have an extradition treaty with Thailand," he notes with a thin smile. "Better still, only 10 of those treaties are active. So, don't you worry about me, I still have many places to stay..."

"Do you know how many countries there are in the world? There are 197. And only 17 have an extradition treaty with Thailand," he notes with a thin smile. "Better still, only 10 of those treaties are active. So, don't you worry about me, I still have many places to stay..."

That's not a list of facts that many people could just accurately trot out. Sounds like he's been having detailed discussions with his lawyers about where he may or may not be able to visit or live.

thai will listen to any blabbering idiot. Convicted or not convicted.

I have been following all ThaiVisa forums related to the closing of the airports for four days and I am astounded by the cynicism and negative opinions that so many ex-pats have of the Thai people.

I wanted to alert some of my English-reading Thai friends to this forum for some uptodate info that others have been providing but I was too ashamed of all the posts that denigrate Thai people in general - not just the PAD or the PPP. I can't imagine choosing to live in a country where I had so little respect for the people.

hear hear!