Thaksin Warns Of Bloodshed

sabaijai

Lets face some real facts: the cause of this current problem is squarely on the shoulders of one person, Mr ex PM and convicted criminal Thaksin - remove him from the scene and the problem will quietly fade away in next to no-time. He has promoted, financed and ensured that the problem has been ongoing and will remain ongoing while ever he has any of his cronnies in the chair and while he is allowed to roam the world as a convicted criminal snubbing his nose at the Thai courts and Thailand itself and now preaching "everyone should obey the laws" - what an absolute hypocrite.

Some see the facts as being Thaksin was democratically elected twice by a a majority and removed by a military coup based on the beliefs of a few. In the eyes of some it's not Thaksin who has committed the crime. I'm not taking a side here as I'm sure I can never cut through the propaganda and find the truth but the issue is not a clear case of right and wrong since both sides think they are right.

Edited by wasabi

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ANYONE come to mind when you read the below:

Identifying a Pathological Liar

Pathological liars, or "mythomaniacs," may be suffering from histrionic personality disorder or narcissistic personality disorder. The following comments basically reflect a pathological liar who has the characteristics of histrionic personality disorder.

Some characteristics:

1. Exaggerates things that are ridiculous.

2. One-upping. Whatever you do, this person can do it better. You will never top them in their own mind, because they have a concerted need to be better than everyone else. This also applies to being right. If you try to confront an individual like this, no matter how lovingly and well-intentioned you might be - this will probably not be effective. It's threatening their fantasy of themselves, so they would rather argue with you and bring out the sharp knives than admit that there's anything wrong with them.

3. They "construct" a reality around themselves. They don't value the truth, especially if they don't see it as hurting anyone. If you call them on a lie and they are backed into a corner, they will act very defensively and say ugly things (most likely but depends on personality), but they may eventually start to act like, "Well, what's the difference? You're making a big deal out of nothing!" (again, to refocus the conversation to your wrongdoing instead of theirs).

4. Because these people don't value honesty, a lot of times they will not value loyalty. So watch what you tell them. They will not only tell others, but they will embellish to make you look worse. Their loyalty is fleeting, and because they are insecure people, they will find solace in confiding to whomever is in their favor at the moment.

5. They may be somewhat of a hypochondriac. This can come in especially useful when caught in a lie, for example, they can claim that they have been sick, or that there's some mysteriously "illness" that has them all stressed out. It's another excuse tool for their behavior.

6. Obviously, they will contradict what they say. This will become very clear over time. They usually aren't smart enough to keep track of so many lies (who would be?).

Here are some ways to tell someone is a pathological liar contributed by another WikiAnswers Contributor:

* They lie about even the smallest things. For example, saying "I brushed my teeth today," when they didn't.

* They add exaggerations to every sentence.

* They change their story all the time.

* They act very defensively when you question their statements.

* They believe what they say is true, when everyone else knows it isn't.

Here's an alternate "checklist":

* Lies when it is very easy to tell the truth.

* Lies to get sympathy, to look beter, to save their butt, etc.

* Fools people at first but once they get to know him, no one believes anything they ever say.

* May have a personality disorder.

* Extremely manipulative.

* Has been caught in lies repeatedly.

* Never fesses up to the lies.

* Is a legend in their own mind.

Excellent post.

Unfortunately I believe what he (Thaksin) says and it fits in with what I have believed to be true from the beginning.

I made an earlier post (I think it was earlier this year) saying this was basically about a personal vendetta and could end in civil unrest (don't really want to use the word war), and many posters said I was exaggerating wildly.

Unfortunately the law is rather irrelevant in this whole conflict.

Edited by cmsally

Lets face some real facts: the cause of this current problem is squarely on the shoulders of one person, Mr ex PM and convicted criminal Thaksin - remove him from the scene and the problem will quietly fade away in next to no-time. He has promoted, financed and ensured that the problem has been ongoing and will remain ongoing while ever he has any of his cronnies in the chair and while he is allowed to roam the world as a convicted criminal snubbing his nose at the Thai courts and Thailand itself and now preaching "everyone should obey the laws" - what an absolute hypocrite.

Some see the facts as being Thaksin was democratically elected twice by a a majority and removed by a military coup based on the beliefs of a few. In the eyes of some it's not Thaksin who has committed the crime. I'm not taking a side here as I'm sure I can never cut through the propaganda and find the truth but the issue is not a clear case of right and wrong since both sides think they are right.

Ah,

but BEFORE he was removed from office, he was showing strong clear signs of unstableness and dictatorial hubris.

He was pretty close to a medical discharge to my eyes and likely to many others.

This recent video show some of the same symptoms returning.

They guy loses it under pressure. Not when ANY country needs in a leader.

Besides the lying too...

Seems his Mrs. thinks so too, she bailed, when HE insisted to go back into politics.

I don't want to see these signs in anyone.

Some will of course just see what they want to see.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Sally it's a two way vendetta.

The one that's nailing Thaksin is of his own creating directly.

Sondhi was the perfect pointed stick,

Thaksin burnt him big time, and is reaping what he sowed.

But not the only weapon to use against Thaksin.

One man alone wasn't enough to do this.

No matter HOW eloquent.

The one that's nailing all of us now is of Thaksin's creation directly,

He can't just fade away like most ALL ex Thai leaders had commons sense enough to do,

his vendatta is against all who took him down. His vendatta to reclaim lost face,

which means more to him than all of us human beings, we are just collateral damage.

He is consumed by a mania to win it all back again and more,

to prove his worth to himiself and the world. No matter what.

Edited by animatic

I don't think this kind of public warnings do good in the present situation - from the person, who was recently sentensed with few other courts in the pipeline. He should leave the politics to the PM and cabinet. If he wants to say to somebody he just might call them

One day perhaps one of you knee jerk responders who quote the garbage you have heard from other PAD sheep will try to understand some basic facts about Thailand.

Number 1 You are not Handsome, you are rich!

Number 2 The Courts of Law (sic)

The Courts were set up by the Junta.

They are made up of Elitist PAD/Junta Members.

They were put in office during the Coup

The constitution was put re=written during the Coup

They were put in Court to make sure Thaksin never got back into power as he is a threat to them - he is -no threat to 99% of Thais.

So, with all this, how could Thaksin NOT have been convicted and sentenced by them? Unless they wanted purging by their real un-elected, Non-accountable masters!

This is simple stuff. You must be crazy if you think this Court operates in the interests of anyboy but the Army. Absolutely simple. Can you walk standing up?

Edited by grandpops

thai will listen to any blabbering idiot. Convicted or not convicted.

I have been following all ThaiVisa forums related to the closing of the airports for four days and I am astounded by the cynicism and negative opinions that so many ex-pats have of the Thai people.

I wanted to alert some of my English-reading Thai friends to this forum for some uptodate info that others have been providing but I was too ashamed of all the posts that denigrate Thai people in general - not just the PAD or the PPP. I can't imagine choosing to live in a country where I had so little respect for the people.

I don't think this kind of public warnings do good in the present situation - from the person, who was recently sentensed with few other courts in the pipeline. He should leave the politics to the PM and cabinet. If he wants to say to somebody he just might call them

One day perhaps one of you knee jerk responders who quote the garbage you have heard from other PAD sheep will try to understand some basic facts about Thailand.

Number 1 You are not Handsome, you are rich!

Number 2 The Courts of Law (sic)

The Courts were set up by the Junta.

They are made up of Elitist PAD/Junta Members.

They were put in office during the Coup

The constitution was put re=written during the Coup

They were put in Court to make sure Thaksin never got back into power as he is a threat to them - he is -no threat to 99% of Thais.

So, with all this, how could Thaksin NOT have been convicted and sentenced by them? Unless they wanted purging by their real un-elected, Non-accountable masters!

This is simple stuff. You must be crazy if you think this Court operates in the interests of anyboy but the Army. Absolutely simple. Can you walk standing up?

Your self-righteous attitude in this post is overwhelming

firstly this is LOS where as usual things are not always strictly black and white

so I'm sure you're not 100 percent accurate in your assessment either?

Most importantly am I correct or incorrect regarding my interpretation

of his final months in office when he was audacious enough to propose

some substantial changes to the Constitution and even advocated

the removal of the current head of state? Why should he be

favorable regarded quite apart from these other matters referred to?

Just more Grandpropaganda ignore it.

All basic stuff that us long term residents know and its googleable.

Midas could have looked up the names of the Court Judges

Checked their appointment dates

And seen I was right.

What he said about Thakin was wrong or he would have posted this ammendment document reffering to head of state. If it was a Government proposal Sondhi would have had it printed in the Thai media long ago or up in letters on his little cart. He hasn't because it is his lies.

Prove me wrong, perhaps I have missread and missunderstood who the Junta Appointed.

Finally, I am disapointed with your remark about me. Whilst I disagree with a lot of your posts, I do agree with some and they (your posts) are ususally well thought out and considered.

Its the likes of JD and SRjohn with ill though out, Knee jerk responses that lower the tone on here and I do admit that some of my post have an element of needle to them, but thats part of the cut and thrust of web boards. I do enjoy the full on intricate "debating" with you and a few others as opponants though.

Keep it up

Edited by grandpops

I am unsure what the out come will be of the current crisis here in Thailand I can see that many want to blame thaxin for all the problems but how an earth can democracy ever become stable in Thailand if the PAD get what they want.

What happened to democracy and due process?

Yes by all means protest but within the laws and by having elections how just after an election can this PAD call for the resignation of an elected government

forget about taxin if Thailand wants to be a democratic society they need to start and follow the democratic ways

What will happen if they have another election that PAD are not happy with what next another violent protest

Easy to blame hard to put things right

I did see in veiled language a Thaksin comment about post succession changes in constitution.

I thought it mindlessly stupid to say it. And constitutional changes because he felt Democracy

was getting in the way of doing his job. I had bumped a good thread on that a week or so ago.

Thaksin was saying these things obliquely, but JUST loud enough to piss off a LOT of people.

And I had learned enough about they lay of the land to read it that way...

He was losing it from rampant hubris, he believed ONLY he was the correct decision maker

and brooked no opposition in cabinet or in legislative and especially media or

external commentators like inteligencia at universities. It was at this point my

liking for Thaksin was erased. His mental health has been discussed a good bit the last 24 hours.

So no I don't think Midas was off base at all.

As to research.. wade on. I made every effort NOT to reference Wikipedia at all,

even as it is far easier, it is also far less accurate.

Chief Justice of Thai Court Reaffirms Independence in the Face of Junta

Mr. Panya Thanomrod, Chief Justice and President of the Supreme Court

Thailand’s Chief Justice has reaffirmed the judicial independence of the Court of Justice and the absence of political interference from the military coup makers.

“We hereby confirm manifestly that we shall continue to discharge our judicial function with independence, free from any political interference or impact,” Mr. Panya Thanomrod, Chief Justice and President of the Supreme Court, said at the opening of a luncheon talk on 20 April 2007. “Even the Council of National Security (that staged the 19 September 2006 coup and appointed a military government) has never interfered with or got involved in the work of the Court of Justice in any way whatsoever.”

The talk was held on the Court of Justice Day at the Conrad Hotel in Bangkok. The title of the talk was “Effective Roles of the Thai Judiciary in the Field of International Cooperation for the Protection of Rights and Liberty of Foreigners.” The event was part of the commemoration of the Court of Justice of Thailand’s 125th inauguration anniversary.

“We also perform our duty with independence, without getting involved with or listening to the CNS at all, and the CNS itself has never interfered, even slightly, with the Constitutional Court’s work,” Mr. Panya said in his English-language keynote speech.

http://www.fnfasia.org/news-latest-detail....amp;sub_name=15

Thailand's Constitutional Court (CC) on Monday voted unanimously in favor of the junta-installed Assets Examination Committee (AEC), saying that the agency' establishment and extension of its term was legitimate as its tenure ended Monday.

The 11-member AEC was set up by the junta on Sept. 19, 2006 to investigate corruption allegations against former Prime Minister Thaksin and his cabinet members.

A legal team working for the ousted premier had earlier petitioned the Supreme Court's Criminal Division for Holders of Political Positions, questioning the legitimacy of the AEC's authority in many graft cases filed against the ex-premier, and also accusing a junta decision to extend its term of violating the constitution.

The AEC's one-year tenure was extended by the junta for another nine months when the 2007 Constitution was put in place, to officially end on Monday. It claimed its has completed probes of 14 cases out of 24 in hand, and submitted four cases to the court against the Thaksin administration.

In response, the Supreme Court division decided to seek the Constitutional Court's rule on the status of the AEC. Nine judges were appointed to consider the case and held the first session of the panel.

Constitution Court Secretary-General Paiboon Warahapaitoon was quoted by Thai News Agency as saying that the nine judges voted unanimously to determine that probes conducted by AEC did not violate the 2007 Constitution, promulgated by the junta.

The AEC members had performed under orders issued by the now-defunct Council for National Security (CNS), which staged the coup to oust the Thaksin government and was empowered to issue orders aimed at installing peace in Thailand, Paiboon explained.

The appointment of the AEC and its actions taken before or after the 2006 interim constitution would be considered legal, he said.

Constitution Court judges also ruled unanimously that the extension of the term of the AEC until June 30, this year did not violate the constitution because no additional authority was given to AEC members.

Source: Xinhua

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90001/90...51/6439431.html

3.3 The Supreme Court

The Supreme Court is the final court of appeal in all civil and criminal cases in the whole Kingdom.

The Court consists of the President, Vice - Presidents, the Secretary and a number of justices.

It is divided into divisions with three justices in each division.

The President of the Supreme Court is also the head of the Courts of Justice.

In the present system of the Courts of Justice, the President of the Supreme Court plays a great role in judicial and administrative works.

Like the Courts of Appeal, the Supreme Court also has the Research Division consisting of research justices.

At least three justices of the Supreme Court form a quorum.

The court may, however, sit in plenary session to determine cases of exceptional importance

and cases where there are reasons for reconsideration or overruling of its own precedents.

The quorum for the full Court is not less than half of the total number of justices in the Supreme Court.

As a result of the 1997 Constitution, the Criminal Division for Holders of Political Positions was set up in the Supreme Court to act as a trial court in a case where the Prime Minister, a minister, member of the House of Representatives, senator or other political official is accused of becoming unusually wealthy, committing malfeasance in office according to the Criminal Code, performing duties dishonestly, or being corrupted according to other laws.

In trial, a member of the House of Representatives or a senator is unable to claim the immunity provided in the constitution.

The Criminal Division for Holders of Political Positions in the Supreme Court

must rely on the record of the National Counter Corruption Commission

and may investigate to receive additional facts and evidence as it thinks fit.

The quorum of this special division of the Court consists of nine justices of the Supreme Court

who hold position of not lower than justice of the Supreme Court,

and are elected by a plenary session of the Supreme Court justices on a case by case basis.

A judgment will be made by a majority of votes;

provided that each justice constituting the quorum will prepare the written opinion

and make oral statements to the meeting before making decision.

Orders and decisions of the Criminal Division for Holders of Political Positions in the Supreme Court will be disclosed and final.

http://www.judiciary.go.th/eng/thejudiciary.htm#t3.3

judi13.jpg

Constitution 2006

Section 2.

The sovereign power emanates from the Thai people. The King who is Head of State exercises such power through the National Legislative Assembly, the Council of Ministers and the Courts in conformity with the provisions of this Constitution.

Section 35.

Any act stipulate by laws being the power of the Constitutional Court or

when there should be a question as to whether any law being not in compliance with the provisions of the Constitution, or not;

it shall be the power of the Constitutional Tribunal

consisting of the President of the Supreme Court who shall be President,

the President of the Supreme Administrative Court who shall be Vice-President,

judges of the Supreme Court who holding position not lesser than judge of the Supreme Court

who shall be selected by the secret ballots at the general meeting of the Supreme Court for five persons

shall be judges of the Constitutional Tribunal and judges of the Supreme Administrative Court

who shall be selected by the secret ballot at the general meeting of the Supreme Administrative Court for two persons

shall be judges of the Constitutional Tribunal.

Office of the Constitutional Court under the law on office of the Constitutional Court

shall perform as its secretariat and performing any other duties assigned by the President of the Supreme Court.

The quorum of trying and adjudicating the cases, procedures of trying and statements of decisions

shall be prescribed by the Constitutional Tribunal and shall be published in the Government Gazette.

All cases or others under circumstance of the Constitutional Court prior to 19th September B.E. 2549

shall be transfer to be under power and being responsible of the Constitutional Tribunal

http://www.asianlii.org/th/legis/const/2006/1.html

Supreme Administrative Court

Composition and Structure

Number of Members

There are 15 judges of the Supreme Administrative Court being arranged in rank order as follows:

1. President of the Supreme Administrative Court (1 position);

2. Vice-Presidents of the Supreme administrative Court (2 positions);

3. Senior Judges of Divisions of the Supreme Administrative Court (4 positions);

4. Judges of the Supreme administrative Court (8 positions).

Recruitment procedures and incompatibilities

The Act on Establishment of Administrative Courts and Administrative Court Procedure was passed in 1999,

renewing the appointment procedure. According to it, the person eligible for appointment as a judge of the

Supreme Administrative Court shall have the following qualifications:.............

http://www.iasaj.org/juridic/fiches/membre/thailand.htm

Any administrative judge entrusted by the division has wide power to investigate, including:

1. the power to summon either of the party concerned -

including administrative agencies and state officials-

to give statements or opinions in connection with the performance of the work of the administrative agency or State official involved

2. the power to summon either of the party to provide an object,

a document, any relevant evidence, to give an opinion or to send a representative

to give explanation for supplementary consideration before the Court

Powers of the judge

When delivering a judgement, an Administrative Court has the power to issue a decree for any of the following:

1. Ordering revocation of a by-law or restraining an act (wholly or partly)

in case it decides the administrative agency or State official did commit an unlawful act.

2. Ordering the head of the administrative agency or State official concerned to perform the duty

within a time prescribed by the Administrative Court in case it decides that the administration failed to perform the duty.

3. Ordering the payment, the delivery of a property, the performance or omission of an act -

with or without prescribing a time limit and other conditions-

when the case is concerned with an administrative contract or with the liability of the administration.

4. Ordering the treatment toward the right or duty of the person concerned,

when the case was filed to have such a right acknowledged by the Court.

5. Ordering a person to act or refrain from acting in compliance with law.

http://www.iasaj.org/juridic/fiches/membre/thailand.htm

Junta Members

NONE OF WHOM APPEAR ON ANY COURT LIST.

Sonthi Boonyaratglin: Royal Thai Army Commander-in-Chief and Council for National Security (CNS) Chairman

Director of the Internal Security Operations Command (ISOC)

Gen. Anupong Phaochinda: the Deputy Commander-in-Chief of the Royal Thai Army

and Deputy Secretary-General of the Council for National Security (CNS)

Gen. Winai Phattiyakul : CNS permanent secretary

Gen. Saprang Kalayanamitr: deputy permanent secretary

Navy Chief Satirapan Keyanon

Supreme Commander of the Armed Force Boonsrang Niumpradit

Lt. Gen. Palanggoon Klaharn: a spokesman for the ruling military council

Thai court suspends by-election

DPA, BANGKOK

Saturday, Apr 29, 2006,

Thailand's top administrative court yesterday suspended a by-election scheduled for this weekend in what may be a first step towards annulling this month's general election.

The Supreme Administrative Court ordered the Election Commission to cancel plans to hold a third by-election today

in an effort to fill the 500 seats in the lower house of parliament, on the grounds that the court was investigating

whether the April 2 snap election had been conducted in an inappropriate manner.

The decision came shortly after a meeting yesterday morning between judges of Thailand's top three courts

to seek a resolution to the country's looming constitutional crisis.

The courts decided to make a speedy decision in matters under their own jurisdiction.

"We want to assure the people that the courts will not be slow and their judgements

will not conflict with one another," said Jaran Pakdithankul, secretary-general of Thailand's Supreme Court.

The Election Commission has been charged with mismanaging the April 2 election by placing voting booths

in such a way that anyone could see the ballots. The case is being handled by the Supreme Administrative Court.

If they ruled the Election Commission violated polling rules, the snap election could be voided.

Acting on the instructions of Thai King Bhumibol Adulyadej,

senior judges from the Supreme Court, Supreme Administrative Court and Constitutional Court met at Bangkok's Criminal Court

yesterday morning to discuss the legality of the April 2 snap election which has led to widespread political confusion.

"We have decided to allow each court to decide on the matters under their specific jurisdiction," Jaran said after the meeting.

He said the three courts will treat the case as urgent and would make sure their decisions are "going in the same direction."

The main decision will be whether or not to annul the April 2 general election.

The unprecedented gathering of the country's top courts to tackle a political, rather than criminal case,

follows Tuesday's unusually blunt advice to the judiciary given by King Bhumibol.

In an audience with newly appointed judges to the Supreme Court and Supreme Administrative Court,

the king said it was the duty of the judiciary to find a way out of Thailand's looming constitutional crisis,

caused by a highly peculiar snap election held earlier this month.

The king expressed misgivings about the legitimacy of the April 2 general election.

"Should the election be nullified?

You have the right to say what's appropriate or not," he told new members of the Supreme Administration court.

"When an election is undemocratic, you should look carefully into the administrative issues."

The April 2 election was boycotted by Thailand's three main opposition parties

to protest the alleged parliamentary dictatorship wielded

by populist Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra over the past five years.

I have not seen anywhere that these instructions have been retracted.

And it was not said it applied to ONLY that one election, but to get Thailand out of it's

constitutional crisis, one I don't believe it IS out of yet.

Like the decisions, or not, they have been read aloud and put on the record,

and only the losers have whined, and generally analysis has deemed them correct.

Edited by animatic

The thread should be renamed:

Thaksin incites bloodshed

OR

Thaksin hopes for bloodshed

Because his fantasy scenario is that the country will be in ruins and he will be called back in as the Messiah. The sick thing to my view is that so many Thais AND farangs are playing right into his hand.

Edited by Jingthing

Last large quote is Taipei Times Archive,

it timed out as I was posting edit.

Animatic, methinks you were too hasty to write off PAD's airport invasion as madness commited by madmen. I think you reverted to your Western-judgemental mode momentarily, forgetting the especial circumstances that Thailand finds itself in. Highly risky yes and possibly a step too far which could be deemed "crazy", but I don't think it was made lightly or by lunatics. Thaksin is still upping the stakes and trying to go for ultimate broke. If he is allowed to succeed, the PAD's efforts will have all been for nought. They are as aware of this as anyone, and when the madman extraordinaire is not only out the loony bin, but on a vengeful rampage, then desperate times call for desperate measures.

I should make it clear that I in no way condone any illegal activities, and condemn any violence by any and all sides, but am merely trying to shed a glint of light on what may have pushed them to this extreme action. Until Thaksin backs-off and finds his Elba, the mayhem will continue I'm afraid. :o

Thaksin is a convicted criminal? By whom? May I ask?

Convicted by a Kangaroo Court of Judges appointed by a Junta that overthrew a Democratically Elected Government! That is a fair trial, come on!! I think the Thai Kangaroo Court is similar if not worst than the one in Rangoon!

Now PAD wants to have a Government that is mostly appointed instead of Elected? That is Democracy?

What a joke!!

:o:D:D

Last large quote is Taipei Times Archive,

it timed out as I was posting edit.

Animatic, methinks you were too hasty to write off PAD's airport invasion as madness commited by madmen. I think you reverted to your Western-judgemental mode momentarily, forgetting the especial circumstances that Thailand finds itself in. Highly risky yes and possibly a step too far which could be deemed "crazy", but I don't think it was made lightly or by lunatics. Thaksin is still upping the stakes and trying to go for ultimate broke. If he is allowed to succeed, the PAD's efforts will have all been for nought. They are as aware of this as anyone, and when the madman extraordinaire is not only out the loony bin, but on a vengeful rampage, then desperate times call for desperate measures.

I should make it clear that I in no way condone any illegal activities, and condemn any violence by any and all sides, but am merely trying to shed a glint of light on what may have pushed them to this extreme action. Until Thaksin backs-off and finds his Elba, the mayhem will continue I'm afraid. :o

It seems Thaksin warms to bloodshed this night tis true.

A madness or mania has come in counter coup to bring all under heel.

Have fear that this night lasts till long...

And wonder that the hearts and minds of many,

should wear the rosie veil of blind belief.

Edited by animatic

Can't you see how pathetic PAD supporters' arguments are? When PAD warns of bloodshed, they are true patriots fighting for their country. When Thaksin warns that Thai people won't be robbed a second time from democracy by an army coup, and they're ready to fight for their freedom, then the abuse starts.

Sometime there is a very thin line between tragedy and farce.

OR

Oh come on, you can do better. Why not sink to the depths of The Nation in biased 'journalism' and make the headline 'Fugitive Thaksin incites bloodshed'. It's utterly ridiculous the way they conduct what they might still consider journalism. It was just frivolous and unnecessary. This is why I never buy this paper, it's trash, same level as Manager and ASTV.

Can't you see how pathetic PAD supporters' arguments are? When PAD warns of bloodshed, they are true patriots fighting for their country. When Thaksin warns that Thai people won't be robbed a second time from democracy by an army coup, and they're ready to fight for their freedom, then the abuse starts.

Sometime there is a very thin line between tragedy and farce.

Exactly. How many times have I head PAD supporters saying : " Thaksin is evil, he is worse than Hitler ".

Pathetic brainwashed cretins.

Apart form pointing out the utter hipocricy of Thaksin on talking about respecting Thai law we should pay attention to his warnings of bloodshed as we know for a fact that he has proven previous history in this area and so should be taken seriously.

YES! I'm not sure what people in Bangkok and Pattaya area hearing, but here in Chiang Mai I hear a lot of people say "If the yellow shirts come here, they will DIE.'. As a very matter of fact statement. This IS already very ugly.

I think the PAD overstepped the mark, the government can't do anything about it and so naturally, the army will have to step in.

[scratching my head in confusion yet again] :o

Why does everyone seem to think that the prerequisite of the Army doing their job is overthrowing the government???

Why can't they just come out take care of the situation and go home????

Why do they need to have a coup first????

I think the PAD overstepped the mark, the government can't do anything about it and so naturally, the army will have to step in.

Why does everyone seem to think that the prerequisite of the Army doing their job is overthrowing the government???

The army in Thailand has a rather strange job description, but obviously protecting the viability of their country and its economy, does not come under that description.

In any other country the army would be carrying out the orders of the govt. but not here.

PAD have known the army will not act against them from day one. They are on the same side, although as it gets more far fetched it must be embarrassing for them.

Army is happy to keep quiet only if the government is under their control. This govt. is most frustrating for them, as it doesn't always do what its told. It even dares to talk back!

OR

Oh come on, you can do better. Why not sink to the depths of The Nation in biased 'journalism' and make the headline 'Fugitive Thaksin incites bloodshed'. It's utterly ridiculous the way they conduct what they might still consider journalism. It was just frivolous and unnecessary. This is why I never buy this paper, it's trash, same level as Manager and ASTV.

Is he a fugitive from Thai law, or not?

Thaksin warns that coup would be bloody

The Associated Press

Friday, November 28, 2008

BANGKOK, Thailand: Ousted Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has warned the army to stay out of politics, predicting bloodshed if they stage a coup.

Thaksin spoke in a videotaped interview with blogger Thomas Crampton as a four-day shutdown of Bangkok's airports by protesters has pitched his homeland deeper into a political and economic crisis.

The billionaire businessman turned populist politician was deposed by the military for alleged corruption and abuse of power in a September 2006 coup and now lives in exile.

"If the coup were to happen, there's going to be bloodshed. It's not going to be an easy coup like in the past because the people are in hardship since dictatorship came to Thailand," Thaksin said.

Thaksin, who retains a loyal following among Thailand's poor, rural majority, urged his supporters to "protect democracy."

The date and time of the interview was not known, though it was posted on Crampton's blog on Friday.

The Thai government has declared a limited state of emergency around its two besieged airports, but so far held back from using force to remove the protesters.

Army chief Anupong Paochinda has said fresh elections should be called to resolve the deadlock, a call rejected by Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat, Thaksin's brother-in-law. The protesters seek to oust Somchai because they charge he is Thaksin's puppet.

There have been calls by some of the press and public for the army to intervene as a way of resolving the situation. Government supporters warn that they would resist a military takeover with force.

When the tanks rolled in 2006's bloodless putsch, the reaction in Bangkok was festive. The capital's residents welcomed the action after months of street protests against Thaksin. Thaksin's allies returned to power after elections in December last year.

Crampton, a freelance journalist, used to work for the International Herald Tribune and bases himself in Hong Kong, a city frequently visited by Thaksin.

----------

On the Net:

Thaksin interview:

http://www.thomascrampton.com/thailand/exc...-on-thai-crisis

If I was a gangsta homie from the hood, my first response would be "Would someone please cap this fool?".

The army in Thailand has a rather strange job description, but obviously protecting the viability of their country and its economy, does not come under that description.

In any other country the army would be carrying out the orders of the govt. but not here.

PAD have known the army will not act against them from day one. They are on the same side, although as it gets more far fetched it must be embarrassing for them.

Army is happy to keep quiet only if the government is under their control. This govt. is most frustrating for them, as it doesn't always do what its told. It even dares to talk back!

The role of the army was very precisely stated by Gen. Prem a year or two ago.

What is happening here imho is the government is being stripped of the tools and images of being the government. It has lost its capital. It has lost its military, and now it seems even the relatively loyalist police have gone into neutral gear. It has lost the support of the business community too. They have lost the media. The obvious way out for an elected government would be to call an election but they darent do that as the courts which oddly enough (well not oddly at all considering their endorsements) of all the democratic institutions in Thailand still retains the most public confidence may be about to drive a dagger through the heart.

That leaves the government with few options. They have called out the red shirts and it has to be said public perception is that the daily grenade attacks on the PAD are from the government side. What is happeneing is that the government are being redefined as another side of the street war problem. It is now almost a self fullfilling prophecy as with the tools of power gone and the election route to scary for them they have little choice but accept the new role defined for them unless Somchai (well actually Thaksin) is willing to offer enough concessions for the game to be at least temporarily packed away.

It now seems far more likely things will just deteriorate.