Advertising On The Back Of Tuktuks

KevinHunt

I enquired about advertising on the back of tuktuks and was given a phone number by a Tuktuk driver of the advertising 'controllers'. The guy there said they were fully booked at the moment, which surprises me since many tuktuks don't have signs. Do tuktuks all belong to one organisation?  Does anyone know what the rate is? I've heard between 200 and 400 baht / month.

I enquired about advertising on the back of tuktuks and was given a phone number by a Tuktuk driver of the advertising 'controllers'. The guy there said they were fully booked at the moment, which surprises me since many tuktuks don't have signs. Do tuktuks all belong to one organisation?  Does anyone know what the rate is? I've heard between 200 and 400 baht / month.

I think Charlie's Fish & Chip shop is monopolising the large ads on the back of Tuk Tuks :D He's been doing this for more than 3 years now. I spoke to him once, and i can't remember the exact figures, but i'm sure he was paying more than treble your above max for large ads. Might be a good idea to stop by his shop and ask the man himself :o

Aitch

Edited by Drew Aitch

I think Charlie's Fish & Chip shop is monopolising the large ads on the back of Tuk Tuks :D He's been doing this for more than 3 years now. I spoke to him once, and i can't remember the exact figures, but i'm sure he was paying more than treble your above max for large ads. Might be a good idea to stop by his shop and ask the man himself :D

Aitch

I only ever saw his ads on the back of Samlors. They would be good to advertise on because they move slowly but most Samlor drivers spend the day sleeping in the back!! :o

I think Charlie's Fish & Chip shop is monopolising the large ads on the back of Tuk Tuks :D He's been doing this for more than 3 years now. I spoke to him once, and i can't remember the exact figures, but i'm sure he was paying more than treble your above max for large ads. Might be a good idea to stop by his shop and ask the man himself :o

Aitch

Same suggestion as above but with reference to Tuskers, time to go for a wander Mr Hunt, visit the competition, spend some of your ill-gotten gains. :D

JxP

Edited by JuniorExPat

My guess is you flag down the driver and deal with his one on one. A Thai friend got one to advertise his newly open Noodle Shop for about 30 bahts a day. :o:D Best of my knowledge most if not all are own by the driver, they don't belong to any organisation, however they do have to pay a small fee if they want to line up in a Taxi stand at a given location, ie, Lotus, Big C to take on Paxs. :D:D

I think Charlie's Fish & Chip shop is monopolising the large ads on the back of Tuk Tuks :D He's been doing this for more than 3 years now. I spoke to him once, and i can't remember the exact figures, but i'm sure he was paying more than treble your above max for large ads. Might be a good idea to stop by his shop and ask the man himself :D

Aitch

I only ever saw his ads on the back of Samlors. They would be good to advertise on because they move slowly but most Samlor drivers spend the day sleeping in the back!! :o

Sorry Kevin, you're right. Don't know what i was thinking!!! Could be an option though. A lot of businesses seem to get away with pasting promotional posters on strategically located street posts too.

Aitch

I think Charlie's Fish & Chip shop is monopolising the large ads on the back of Tuk Tuks :o

You mean "Cheerful Charlie"? :D

Didnt realise that times were so hard even for you Kevin!

Came in and had lunch with the family today. Hope this helps!

Iain

It's still not too bad but any day now it's going to nosedive.  I planned it a few weeks ago when the looming financial crisis was big news. I didn't realise how big the political crsis would get so maybe I ought to plan on more ads or forget about advertising to non-existent tourists.

Thanks for coming in today. Unfortunately, I've been quite ill today so I spent the day at home. Sorry I missed you. See you soon, I hope.

AS regards to the Tuktuk ads - as I said I contacted the one agency that was supposedly fully-booked but besides doing deals with other individual drivers that possibly own their vehicle, I wondered is there another group that anyone knows of?

I'm not sure if I can post a name and a phone number here but there is one farang (white man) tuk tuk driver in Chiang Mai. He is a young man in his 20's who was born in Chiang Mai to missionaries from the USA. He speaks English and Thai. I asked before and he told me advertising rates go between 200 to 300 baht every month for each tuk tuk.

If you would like his name and number send me a PM and I will give it to you.

• 1 month later...
I enquired about advertising on the back of tuktuks and was given a phone number by a Tuktuk driver of the advertising 'controllers'. The guy there said they were fully booked at the moment, which surprises me since many tuktuks don't have signs. Do tuktuks all belong to one organisation? Does anyone know what the rate is? I've heard between 200 and 400 baht / month.

I think Charlie's Fish & Chip shop is monopolising the large ads on the back of Tuk Tuks :o

You mean "Cheerful Charlie"? :D

Is "cheerful" charlie the one who never smiles and uses his menu as a rough guide to the final bill!

the food is good but overpriced and you do need to watch the final bill