Best Visa

O.k, if anyone can help would be grateful. I live in THailand and Iam married with a child. I want some kind of visa enabling me to stay in country without the need for these visa runs, for as long as i want.I heard abt these retirement visa's etc but iam only 31 ! is there something i can do to get a better visa, i have money etc in thailand,and really don't need to work or go anywhere, help appreciated.

If you have more than 400k Baht in the bank or can come to Thailand - easy, Go and get a Multi "O" then go and get the 12 month extension.

BUT when you do this, don't move adddress, and make sure your neighbours know you. Maybe say hello with a bottle of beer etc. Then when the police come to check you, your neighbours will say "oh yes" Nice married couple.

If you don't have 400k Bakt, you can still get the Multi O, you need your wifes ID Card, a letter to the Consulate, Embassy asking for you to stay with her and a copy / official translation of yout Marraige certificate.

If thats too hard, get a job, they will write a letter for a "B" visa and you can then get a work-permit, which will then allow you the extension of your visa for the life of your work permit.

Some consulates are better than others, you need to read up on this.

Good luck and congratulations on the baby. :o

As a male you ware expected to work to support your wife if you want an extension of stay and not make visa runs. This will require, if no work permit or other proof of job/income a bank account with 400k (which will normally be checked to see that source was from outside Thailand if you do not work here). This will be required each year for further extension of stay approval. Of course you also have to have wife with you and submit paperwork each time.

Now if your wife is "very" well off you may be able to get around this requirement on the basis she supports you but very few will find this course smooth sailing.

If you find a job and get a work permit you can also stay on either an O or B non immigrant visa but if you do not meet the salary requirement it can not be extended on a B visa and you will be required to make 90 day runs.

A non immigrant O visa in either single entry (or multi valid for up to one year at some) is available at Consulates with proper paperwork (marriage certificate, copy of her ID card and perhaps other papers). But this only allows 90 day stay without an extension from immigration as outlined above.

If you have money for investments or company setup there are other options that you should be able to find with a search.