Deedial

Chivas

I have an account with Deedial but find that when trying to connect with a number in the Uk a voice pops up saying "Calls to this number are blocked"

Tried ringing my own landline but had same response.

They quote only 0.99 baht to landlines in Uk so would like to get the system to work.

Regards,

Chivas

<br />Have just tried 6 known Uk landline numbers and same message comes up "this number is blocked" ??<br />
<br /><br /><br />

i don't know this service but maube you need to login and activate countries where you wanna call or other restrictive option wich as set by default.

<br />Have just tried 6 known Uk landline numbers and same message comes up "this number is blocked" ??<br />
<br /><br /><br />

i don't know this service but maube you need to login and activate countries where you wanna call or other restrictive option wich as set by default.

There was a fault period of a couple hours apparently but now works-sort of !!

Instead of calls to Uk landlines at 0.99 pence a minute, they are charged at 10 baht a minute off your account !!

Chivas

Today from the web site this is the posted rates for the UK. You must be careful as they post 2 separate rates as you can see. When you scroll down to the UK rates you will only see the UK. They added the second one at the bottom of the list with the double stars. Not too smart. They should post the one UK without stars and just show all the rates that apply for the UK

Rates to U.K. :

0.99 baht per minute (calling a fixed line number)

7.00 baht per minute (calling a mobile number)

For U.K.**

Enter 441,446,447,448 + destination number #

7.00 baht per minute (calling a fixed line number)

7.00 baht per minute (calling a mobile number)

Edited by longball53098

I must be having a bad day !

Obviously I can see what youve posted and thanks for that, BUT what rate does apply ??

Seriously am not deliberatly trying to be stupid.

Am ringing 441..... number ??

Either its .99 or its 7 baht ?

I was actually charged 10 baht a minute for 2 minutes anyway (but ignore that for now)

Regards,

Chivas

I never call the UK so don't know.

Looking at the rate I would guess if you call 441, 446, 447 and 448 then the rate should be 7 baht. If you call any other UK numbers then the .99 or 7 baht rates apply for land and mobile numbers.

As for the 10 baht business who knows.

Maybe a call to their help line and they can provide the answer?

I have used Deedial twice but found it to be a scam in that when I checked my account after I made a call to a UK land line I was charged 7 baht a minute and not 99 satang as it boasts.

Put it down to another Thai con.

My next call to the UK I’ll revert back to using 008.

Its 7 baht a minute but at least it lets you know its 7 baht unlike Deedial who give out crock-o-shit rates like 99 satang.

I've tried to phone my mother in the UK twice. The first time I got charged for the call even though the line went dead after two rings (however they did reimburse me), and the second time the quality was so bad, delay and echo, that I had to ring off and use the 009 code instead. Haven't tried again.

Not impressed.

I can only say I have used Deedial to the USA and it works for me at the published rate and the calls were just fine on my mobile even though my hearing is not the best.

Well, seeing as I've paid a deposit to them, I'll try again. Perhaps just a bad connection that time.

I have used Deedial twice but found it to be a scam in that when I checked my account after I made a call to a UK land line I was charged 7 baht a minute and not 99 satang as it boasts.

Put it down to another Thai con.

My next call to the UK I'll revert back to using 008.

Its 7 baht a minute but at least it lets you know its 7 baht unlike Deedial who give out crock-o-shit rates like 99 satang.

I was charged 7 bpm a while back also, when I called the customer services they said "don't have 0.99 its wrong".

Take a look at voipdiscount.com. If you credit 10 Euro to your account you get 120 days of calls to many destinations for free inc UK landlines, Thai landlines and mobiles via VOIP, they also let you call phone to phone for free with just approx 2.5 baht connection fee.

• 3 months later...

Deedial is really cheap but it has a 1-2 second delay when talking/receiving. It's annoying and it takes time getting used to it. Thookdee doesn't have any delays at all for the same price. The call cards can bought rom 7/11 and Tesco Lotus Express stores.