Boycott Thai Police!

nopainnobrain

When caught tipsy (or under influence of other substancies) riding your motorbike on your way home from one of the go-go bars, without valid driving licence, just say: mai bpen rai, officer, mai bpen rai. :o

You can also add that you were counting on them while Suvarnabhumi airport was (about to be) closed.

Don't even pull over when they tell you too. Just keep going with your middle finger salute. Not that I condone drunk driving, but I also don't condone feeble law enforcement.

Yeah, and they can go ahead and toss a baton into your front wheel; hope you're wearing protective gear....

It worked for me.

I was stopped at a toll booth two weeks ago - the guy obviously saw my farang arm stretching out to pay my toll booth. He pulled me across and started making up some bogus offence I was guilty of and suggested the fine was 500 baht.

I got out of the car, took out my phone and took a picture of him, his badge number and that of his partner. He seemed so taken aback that he did nothing when I got back into the car and drove off, the 500 baht note still safely in my wallet.

There aint any way I'm going to be intimidated by those idiots.

It worked for me.

I was stopped at a toll booth two weeks ago - the guy obviously saw my farang arm stretching out to pay my toll booth. He pulled me across and started making up some bogus offence I was guilty of and suggested the fine was 500 baht.

I got out of the car, took out my phone and took a picture of him, his badge number and that of his partner. He seemed so taken aback that he did nothing when I got back into the car and drove off, the 500 baht note still safely in my wallet.

Your methodology can quite often be effective. I was referring to the "don't stop" approach suggested previously.

It worked for me.

Your methodology can quite often be effective. I was referring to the "don't stop" approach suggested previously.

Then I'll pull out the phone and take a picture of him and his badge number. Fortunately, I don't drink and drive.