Gyms In Centre Of Town And Accommodation

spiderman2

Ive made it into Thailand after 4 days of either sleeping in Airports or Aeroplanes and spending an extra 500 gbp on flights and food, and am currently in Pattaya. However im not to fussed of staying here much longer then a few days to a week.

I am thinking of coming to Chiang Mai but know absolutely nothing about the place.

Im in LOS for 2 months to get as fit as i possible can, so am needing a modern gym which offers 1 month memberships at reasonable prices (not 4000 bht like ive just been quoted at Wow here in Pattaya) i was thinking somewhere in the region of 2500 if anyone knows of one please let me know, also if it has a punch bag itll be good.

For accommodation i'd like to be pretty much in the centre of town does anyone know of apartments that rent out on a monthly basis for somewhere in the region of 15000bht, and is close by to the gym.

Thanks for any help, i know most my queries are probably on this forum but im knackered and too tired to look for them after my epic journey.

Ive made it into Thailand after 4 days of either sleeping in Airports or Aeroplanes and spending an extra 500 gbp on flights and food, and am currently in Pattaya. However im not to fussed of staying here much longer then a few days to a week.

I am thinking of coming to Chiang Mai but know absolutely nothing about the place.

Im in LOS for 2 months to get as fit as i possible can, so am needing a modern gym which offers 1 month memberships at reasonable prices (not 4000 bht like ive just been quoted at Wow here in Pattaya) i was thinking somewhere in the region of 2500 if anyone knows of one please let me know, also if it has a punch bag itll be good.

For accommodation i'd like to be pretty much in the centre of town does anyone know of apartments that rent out on a monthly basis for somewhere in the region of 15000bht, and is close by to the gym.

Thanks for any help, i know most my queries are probably on this forum but im knackered and too tired to look for them after my epic journey.

You can get a studio at Night Bazaar Condos for 5000 bt a month, plus a few extra charges. Use the extra to go to a decent gym. I use Powerhouse, but it's about 10 minutes in a tuktuk from the centre.

I always worry aboout places costing 5000bht a night that my gear will get stolen, Im not really looking to scrimp and save i can spend more if the right place comes up, just 15k is a guideline that should get something reasonable. Do you have a weblink to the aformentioned place or any other places.

Also it would be better for me to have a place closer to the gym as i'll be going twice a day 6 days a week, and cooking facilities would be good.

This place looks good but it also looks away from the centre - http://www.viangbua.chiangmai-online.com/index.html

I just didnt want to spend 4k a month for a gym in Pattaya as i was being ripped off, i couldnt be bothered bargaining and walked off, i could get a better gym in England for far less then 4k a month.

Edited by spiderman2

I would imagine that as this point in time you could bargain for a room at the Orchid Hotel for two months, use their gym and pool and proximity to the trail up Doi Suthep for exercise, all for the price you are looking for.

I would imagine that as this point in time you could bargain for a room at the Orchid Hotel for two months, use their gym and pool and proximity to the trail up Doi Suthep for exercise, all for the price you are looking for.

Im only staying in the north for 1 month as brother is coming to bkk from Sydney for a few days in the new year, im more of a give me the price if i like it i will take it if not i walk away, my haggling skills are no good.

Are the 2 properties with websites ive shown close to gyms, action etc

And is Nimmanhaeminda Road the centre of the tourism if so which soi is where its at.

Edited by spiderman2

Seems you don't read/listen too well.

Good luck. You'll be just fine.

And by the way, both subjects have been done to death over the years. If you have the time you might care to do a search on this Forum to find the answers to your questions.

Edited by Blinky Bill

Seems you don't read/listen too well.

Good luck. You'll be just fine.

And by the way, both subjects have been done to death over the years. If you have the time you might care to do a search on this Forum to find the answers to your questions.

Ignore Cranky Bill.

The Viangbua is nice but there's no gym nearby.

the second one is very new and seems nice. At that price it should be. Probably has no cooking facilities other than a microwave. The neighborhood is great and there's a gym close by that should meet your needs --Powerhouse Gym.

Thanks El Jefe, Wedders, Johpa, i'll check the last one out and have emailed the Orchid, the one at the night bazaar i cant find a link.

Maybe best to book a room in the centre and have a look around.

Blinky Bill there are lots of grumpy old men here in Pattaya you'd be in your element.

Powerhouse IMHO is terrible. I'm a member of Thailand Fitness, but out of curiosity as my membership was expiring, had a free pass for Powerhouse and went to check it out. This place was tiny and lacked a lot of machines I was used to and the free-weight room looked as if more than 5 people got in the room, you would be bumping elbows and fighting to get a bench or dumbbell. Anyway, Thailand Fitness is probably at least 5 times bigger, offers 10 times more equipment, offers more classes, and what surprised me the most, was a hel_l of a lot cheaper. Plus, it's right behind ICON Square Right on the Moat, so you are in the heart of Chiang Mai and by most of the big tourist hotels. Disregard the website rate, I paid 6,000 Baht 1 year renewal and not the 16,000 on the website. I did see they have a 2,500 baht 1 month promotion going on their site, but I'm sure you could get that down.

http://www.fitnessthailand.co.th

If you are there for a serious workout, 8am-6pm is the least crowded. After 6pm the major classes start and the Thai's get off of work and out of school, so it gets a little more crowded, but never had a problem getting a bench, dumbbell or treadmill even after 6.

Cheers Craig, that fitnessthailand looks exactly what im after, im pretty much here only to work out and need to get out of Patts asap, do you know if they have punchbags if not i'll join that one, and find a sh7tty gym with bags.

The only problem im having now is there are no flights, the trains are full and i need to build up the courage to sit on a bus for 13 hours.

2500 is no probem for that kind of gym its what i'd pay back home.

Thanks El Jefe, Wedders, Johpa, i'll check the last one out and have emailed the Orchid, the one at the night bazaar i cant find a link.

Blinky Bill there are lots of grumpy old men here in Pattaya you'd be in your element.

If only you knew the truth.

Personally I can't stand Pattaya. I worked out of U-tapao for more than a year and reluctantly visited Pattaya twice in that time. Besides a number of pretty decent folks there are, in my opinion, too many jerks there. Which category do you fit into?

If only you knew the truth.

Personally I can't stand Pattaya. I worked out of U-tapao for more than a year and reluctantly visited Pattaya twice in that time. Besides a number of pretty decent folks there are, in my opinion, too many jerks there. Which category do you fit into?

Im a 47 yo sexpat with no hair, 3 teeth, a drink problem, have a lust for ladyboys that dont look like ladies, and put my beer bill tickets in other people pots when theyre not looking, but i dont write emails such as yours when i probably have info which would help, so make your own mind up.

But besides that im going to be staying in the queen victoria pub for a few days to have a look around, what swayed it was the roast dinner looks rather good on the picture.

http://queenvictoria-chiangmai.com/food.html

Im a 47 yo sexpat with no hair, 3 teeth, a drink problem, have a lust for ladyboys that dont look like ladies, and put my beer bill tickets in other people pots when theyre not looking, but i dont write emails such as yours when i probably have info which would help, so make your own mind up.

But besides that im going to be staying in the queen victoria pub for a few days to have a look around, what swayed it was the roast dinner looks rather good on the picture.

Which email are you referring to? The contributions to this Forum are not emails and I don't believe I have ever sent you an email.

If your self-description resembles the truth you'll fit in well at the Queen Victoria.

Which email are you referring to? The contributions to this Forum are not emails and I don't believe I have ever sent you an email.

If your self-description resembles the truth you'll fit in well at the Queen Victoria.

You havent contributed anything other then unneccesary flaming comments, but youre to superior to see this or even apologise for it. Keep up the delusions you actually contribute anything useful.

You haven't contributed anything other thean unneccesary unnecessary flaming comments, but you're too superior to see this or even apologise for it. Keep up the delusions until you actually contribute anything something useful. (This sentence doesn't make a great deal of sense.) Did you mean to add the word until between delusions and you?
Just to show you what a nice guy I am, I have corrected a few of your mistakes in your most recent post. I hope this helps you in the future, Edited by Blinky Bill