No More Yellow Shirts ?

silverhawk_usa

I went to a couple of government and public offices today to take care of some business. Where I have been accustomed to people wearing yellow shirts to work on Monday for the past two years there wasn't one in site. The plethora of people walking the streets in CM with yellow on Monday has all but disappeared.

A Thai friend also told me that the children at her son's school have been instructed to not wear red or yellow to class.

Edited by silverhawk_usa

I just a few months ago painted my shop 'royal yellow'

oops.

:o:D

My housekeeper still has a sense of humour. I now have a dog in a yellow Tshirt and another in a red Tshirt.

Just to be on the safe side the one in yellow is very geriatric and doesn't move more than 30ft from her bed.

We wouldn't want pulverised dog!

Didn't see one yellow shirt today in CM, except one worn by an extremely elderly farang gentleman (80-90) who was walking out of CM Orchid towards KSK. Thought of catching up to him, tapping him on the shoulder, and giving him a little friendly advice. Then thought better of it; decided at his age he's probably OK.... :o

I ride my bicycle to get around CM. This morning, I went to my Thai language class and since it was a bit chilly I wore my only red wind breaking vest, my only yellow helmet and yellow face mask. Oh, I forgot, my bike shoes have both yellow and red trim.

:o

Edited by vagabond48

Didn't see one yellow shirt today in CM, except one worn by an extremely elderly farang gentleman (80-90) who was walking out of CM Orchid towards KSK. Thought of catching up to him, tapping him on the shoulder, and giving him a little friendly advice. Then thought better of it; decided at his age he's probably OK.... :o

Are you sure that you just don't like old people? :D

Our office assistant told me today that the local government has banned wearing red or yellow just now. It is actually against the law, just now, to wear either of those colors in Chiang Mai. Also, just got a note from my son's international school also advising us not to dress the kids in either red or yellow shirts.

Pretty smart, if you ask me. Seems at least the local authorities care that the locals don;t start killing each other over the color of their shirt. Well done to them.

In Bangkok today, yellow shirts were notably absent in MBK and the Skytrain, very few people wore them.

No red shirts either, seems most people want nothing to do with the current fiasco.

I don't know that "they want nothing to do with the current fiasco" more like they don't want to be seen as associated with either of the factions lest they finish up in the Mae Ping wearing a concrete overcoat. :o

Our office assistant told me today that the local government has banned wearing red or yellow just now. It is actually against the law, just now, to wear either of those colors in Chiang Mai. Also, just got a note from my son's international school also advising us not to dress the kids in either red or yellow shirts.

Pretty smart, if you ask me. Seems at least the local authorities care that the locals don;t start killing each other over the color of their shirt. Well done to them.

"It is actually against the law, just now, to wear either of those colors in Chiang Mai" that sounds like just so much shyt.

How can a law be enacted in a few days to make it unlawful to wear either red or yellow shirts :o If you believe that maybe you would like to buy the Nawarot Bridge, if so I can let you have it real cheap.

Edited by john b good

Oooooohh! Is it for sale??

You know that is funny, and I thought it strange when she said it. Maybe it is like all the other rules and laws here, such as stopping at stop signs and red lights...merely suggestions, not commandments?

Be that as it may, we were instructed by the school not to put the kids in red or yellow.

LOL, not sure which plan, but from what ive heard, many reds have kinda given up hope, because of the backing at the 2nd highest level.

which is kinda sad - and i certainly agree that an awful lot of Thais do need reeducation on certain issues, there are some very SIMPLE folk here, who believe an awful lot of chinese whispers , one whisper is, they LOVE number 1, but number 2 wants number 3 to run the show... right now.

could get complicated :o

another whisper is that number 3, is a communist! Many (reds) actually believe this!! HAHAAaaarrgghh... its all just too much. Certainly propoganda wars going on behind the scenes.

Hopefully they will all just chill out and ride out these worldwide difficult times (terror wars,recessions etc) in relative stability.

... and at this point I retreat from all analysis, and opinions, and stick my head firmly back in the sand. fights between political parties i can handle... but not the family stuff.

Edited by SomNamNah

I just a few months ago painted my shop 'royal yellow'

oops.

:o:D

My housekeeper still has a sense of humour. I now have a dog in a yellow Tshirt and another in a red Tshirt.

Just to be on the safe side the one in yellow is very geriatric and doesn't move more than 30ft from her bed.

We wouldn't want pulverised dog!

That is hilarious :D

I don't wear yellow since the louts started their crap in late Aug.

I stopped wearing yellow and related paraphernalia since the last coup.

The last coup was a silent one. The last show was on 2nd this month.

I'm wearing pink today.

Were there reds on Sunday and yellows yesterday?