Immigration Canada

Hello

Does any person know of a company that works with Thai's and Canada for immigration. I have sent out e:mails to some with no reply. The internet is full of web sites. I am looking for some one who has had experience in this area and a company that they might have done business with. Rather than me going blindly to the wolfs. The Canadian Gov't web site is a good site if I had 20 years to go through it. Like evey thing in Canada dealing with the Gov't is a job in it self. I am Canadian and want to travel between Thailand and Canada with out this bullshit visa we would have to go through. I want to get her Canadian status and were could I go/ or company that could help in this matter.

Thanks

Edited by WilliamCave

William.....it would depend on how you intend to get your gf a Canadian "status". Are you legally married to her or just a gf? If she is applying on her own merits she has to be properly educated and qualified or have some sort of skills required by Canada for skilled migration.

I am not sure what your status with her is or what you meant by Canadian "status. I do know it takes some time to get it processed and approved.

I also have a friend who got conned by an "agent" who claimed he could get my friend's gf's migration approved. It was rejected and he has been trying to get it appealed since (past 1 year).

I know the Canadian Immigration website is very long-winded and detailed but think of it this way, she must be worthwhile for you to do all the work, right??

You would be better off contacting your Canadian Embassy at

15/f Abdul Rahim Place

990 Rama 4 Road, Bangkok 10500

Tel : +662 636 0540

Fax : +662 636 0565

Office Hours : 0730-1600 (Mon-Fri)

Good Luck!

Edited by SK1972

have tryed all of that as well with my wife (gf at the time) get her a tourist visa from here. then when in canada you can apply for proper visa and pr ect... very easy once you are in canada but very hard from thailand. it seem the thai ppl that do the visas here hate other thais that can get into canada. do not tell them she is planning to get pr or anything else there just a visit. once there youll have no problem at all as you know if you did the newpapers love eating them storys. good luck.

have tryed all of that as well with my wife (gf at the time) get her a tourist visa from here. then when in canada you can apply for proper visa and pr ect... very easy once you are in canada but very hard from thailand. it seem the thai ppl that do the visas here hate other thais that can get into canada. do not tell them she is planning to get pr or anything else there just a visit. once there youll have no problem at all as you know if you did the newpapers love eating them storys. good luck.

I do unnderstand what you are saying about get her to Canada then go through the motion. I am from Ottawa and it is convient for me there.

Has any one else also noticed that the CanadianThai Embassy is run by Thai's and not to many Canadians. I have been to alot of other Embassys around the world and NEVER have been told some of the things they have told me. As an example go look on the internet can't help you here, or don't have any left or information on what you want. When I wanted to talk to a Canadian about something I was given a Thai person please excuse me Thai people what the F..... do you know about Canada, I was talking to the wall. I am keeping quiet about things now because I could feel the Thai temper coming down on me, but when I do get back to Ottawa they are going to hear about it because it is my right as a Canadian.

The Canadian Thai Embassy is from what I see is to allow some Canadians the ability to live abroad on tax payers money. This embassy is the grosssssest operated I have seen. Not to take away from the good Embassy's I have been to in different parts of the world.

Don't go to the Embassy they don't know cattle crap.. If you are in Chiang mai the Consulate there is more than happy to find the info for you, even made us tea while we waited...LOL The people that work in Bangkok know very well that they could not ever qualify for Immigration to Canada, and are really mean about it.

It took us 10 1/2 months to get my wife's PRand we did it all on our own ourside Canada, it's faster. I have been told by others that using an agent does not get you there any quicker just costs you more. The big thing is to both be together when you fill out all the forms providing you are married so you can discuss everything, because they really look for minor mistakes, like different spellings.

If you are not married then the situation is much different. When they changed the point system they had a big article on the front page of the Vancouver Sun and I remember that Jean Cretien and Bill Gates would have not been accepted for PR. JC was too old and lost points and BG was classed as uneducated...LOL

You have to be resident in Canada for 3 years on a PR Visa before you can apply for Citizenship. If you have pr and you leave Canada for so many days you have to reapply because they will not let you back into the county. You have to be resident in Canada to maintain your PR Status.

Has any one else also noticed that the CanadianThai Embassy is run by Thai's and not to many Canadians. I have been to alot of other Embassys around the world and NEVER have been told some of the things they have told me
William, welcome to the "embassyworld". Get used to it. Most of the Thais working there are selfish people who get jealous when someone else manages to get a visa to another country. Tells you a lot about them

I do agree with nokmdk, it is easier to get things going once she is there. Maybe that is why most of the embassies are not keen to issue visas!! Please do not make the mistake of "lending" her the money to get a visa (into her bank account).

Since you are in Ottawa, why not call the Canadian Immigration there, they will be more helpful.......

BTW, have you noticed............most of the immigration officers in Canada are not really Canadians.............they are either Indians or some other nationality. :o

If you are not married then the situation is much different

True, even with that you have to prove that your marriage is "real" and not a scam to get her over there.

Edited by SK1972

BTW, have you noticed............most of the immigration officers in Canada are not really Canadians.............they are either Indians or some other nationality. :o

Wow.... That's a racist comment... In case you forgot Canada is a cosmopolitan country that is made up of a montage of nationalities that in most part get along very well despite their cultural differences and their countries of origin. By singling out one or 2 nationalities that "are not really Canadians" you are showing your ignorance of the Canadian Constitutions act of 1982 and the Canadian charter of rights and freedoms and what they stand for.

Section 15. (1) Every individual is equal before and under the law and has the right to the equal protection and equal benefit of the law without discrimination and, in particular, without discrimination based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age or mental or physical disability.

Just because someone is not born in Canada and of WASP origin does not make them any less a Canadian.

Lumakar..........I never meant anything racist by it so cool down! YOU make it racist as how you perceived it to be.

I am just merely stating a fact as I have called Canadian Immigration many times and most times there is an Indian/Asian on the line.

I never said there was anything bad about them or that I have a problem with them, do YOU?

So lighten up!! Things are only taken in a negative light if one interpretes it wrongly!!

In case you forgot Canada is a cosmopolitan country that is made up of a montage of nationalities that in most part get along very well despite their cultural differences and their countries of origin

Have you also forgotten the fact that Quebec is the only place in Canada where they will not approve English signs.......and the people there call themselves "French Canadian" and not just a plain ordinary Canadian???

Edited by SK1972

• 2 weeks later...

gotta love some of the posts. you now seem to get the idea of how to do it the right way and how to avoid the wrong way. once you have gotten then visa for toursit to canada. then its easy to get all the other things you will need once in canada. dont forget if all else fails to contact you local ambudsmon (spelling?) he is your last hope and normaly works 90% of the time. one more warning for you. when we came back to thailand for a visit... we had to go back to the canadian emb and was told by the same woman she could deny my wife now if she wanted cause she applyed for a visa exstention in canada and that in her eyes was a no no. once again letting them know nicely that she was my wife and i knew the rules better than her (not always a good thing to do for sure) there was very little problem. in case any one is wondering. there are only two ppl that do the visa to canada for all this asian area. so becareful who you piss off. chances are great youll run into them again some time down the road when they can search and find a reason to so no. good luck again.