Thailand Vs. France

BangkokBP

In 1941, France enjoyed its best tourism year ever with millions of Germans stopping in for extended vacations.

In 1944, the trend caught on as the Brits, Americans, Canadians wanted to find out why it was the place to visit.

In away, this influx of visitors contributed to it's well-deserved reputations as being fashionable, even though history books tell us that Italy is not far behind.

As for Thailands airports, recent events to make them a trendy hang out have met with mixed results.

I've been told that Britons have invented tasteless food® and shitty weatherTM in order to prevent certain French tourists to become long term expatriates since Guillaume le Conquérant (William the Conqueror) invaded England in 1066. :D:o

Anyway, the main difference that I can see between Thailand and France related to the political situation in both countries is that (as a Frenchman) I never have been offered anything by a political party prior an election in France (and the Flying Spaghetti Monster knows that I am easily corruptible and cheap!) but in the Land of Smiles, vote buying is still a reality (alas). There's another very big difference since January 21st 1793, not that I wish that this kind of event happens in Thailand, but it's no wonder why "lèse-majesté" is a French expression (and a very convenient pretext in politics in other countries)!

If you moved the Thai people to France they would eat all the 'Frogs' so the Thai people could have another country to hold to ransom :o

Differences?

Riot Police for one. Wading in and smashing a few skulls in the process.

Tactical support on stand-by and more than ready to move in and - smah a few skulls also :D

I have some personal explanation ...

In France, there is strict gun-control, so if the ordinary citizen of "political groups" feel frustrated by demonstrations, they cannot use weapons, including war weapons, against the demonstrators !

That make demonstrations easier in France, and more violent in Thaïland !

But for one country as for the second, if they do not demonstrate, they never get anything done the way they want ...

In Thaïland, even murderers are freed and murders forgotten if no one "demonstrate" about !

NB:About "nobody wants to go to France", why are there so many british citizens settling in "abandoned" areas in the french countryside ? Are they are the famous british masochists relocating ?

Edited by MengWan