Isdn in isan

Isan Farang

At present i have been using cs- internet countryplus and webnet by loxinfo as my ISP. I am living in Ubon and the dial up number given is local.I am using tot line to connect. The following are the main problems which i have

1 Very slow sometimes as low as 15 kbps

2 Often disconnected

3 Depend on what time used can be difficult to connect

I enquired at my local tot office and they informed me they can install a isdn line for me, As there is no line in the soi i live i would be charged for the cable from the main road to my house. Also there is a charge of Baht 8000 for some junction box fitted in the house. i do not use the internet on a daily basis as i work overseas. Has any other members had this system fitted in the north east ?.

Regards

Isan Farang

Sorry to be ignorant, but computers hadn't been invented when I was a lad. Is an ISDN Line the same as "having broadband" in England?.  If so, I would be interested as I find myself spending more and more hours a day on the Internet. And, also if so, who do I enquire of at T. O. T.?

Thanks,         Martin

I am not sure about broadband in England. I myself do not have a lot of knowlege on the subject. I was only informed it is a high speed digital line. Depending on your location it may be available. When i went to pay my telephone bill at tht tot office the lady there directed me to the department that deals with this. Being thailand i am still waiting for the office to come and measure the cable. Maybe some coins in the top pocket will be required to advance the progress. i hope some others can highlight on the subject.

Regards

Isan Farang

ISDN is a digital line 128Kb download 64Kb upload (invented by BT in England) but it is not ADSL  which is the modern succesor

ISDN in Ubon would probably be the best bet as I doubt ADSL has reached there yet, still waiting for it in Pattaya  :o

and it's still very expensive.

I am using Non stop cafe 56k dial up from JI-net.com and can keep the line open for 13 hours or more at a time for just 3 baht.  

:D