Australia To Open Visa Application Centre In Bkk

Australia to open Visa Application Centre in Thailand

BANGKOK: -- The Australian Ambassador to Thailand, HE Mr Miles Kupa, today officiated at the signing of the agreement to open a new Australian Visa Application Centre in Bangkok.

Ambassador Kupa said, "The significant growth in the numbers of Thais traveling to Australia reflects the strong bilateral relations between our two countries. There is evidently a lot of interest in Australia – interest which will further bring our communities and peoples closer together, to the benefit of both countries.”

“I am confident that all visa applicants to Australia will welcome these new arrangements, which will start on Australia Day, 26 January 2005. The new Australian Visa Application Centre will be conveniently located in the Thai CC Tower Building on South Sathorn Road, opposite Surasak BTS Station.” added the Ambassador.

Commenting on the Visa Application Centre, the Regional Director for Immigration, Ms Christine McPaul said, "applicants for visas to Australia will now have increased flexibility. They no longer need to visit the Embassy to lodge their applications. Those wishing to travel to Australia will be able to apply for a visa during the extended business hours offered by the Visa Application Centre.”

The Visa Application Centre will provide a comfortable client waiting area and have sufficient capacity to ensure clients are not required to wait for extended periods. A courier service can also be provided for a nominal fee.

As part of the new arrangements, visa applicants from major regional centres including Chiang Mai and Phuket will be able to lodge their visa applications without coming to Bangkok and their applications will be delivered to Bangkok by courier service.

The Visa Application Centre will be open from 8:30am-4:30pm Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays, and the service fee is 400 Baht per application.

--Asiatraveltips.com 2004-12-15

This would be a welcome change for the Aust Govt. Making things easier for the people. Seems almost too good to believe. As an aussie that would like to take the better half for a holiday to Oz I will be monitoring closely how efficient and user friendly this new centre will be.

Australia to open Visa Application Centre in Thailand

BANGKOK: -- The Australian Ambassador to Thailand, HE Mr Miles Kupa, today officiated at the signing of the agreement to open a new Australian Visa Application Centre in Bangkok.

Ambassador Kupa said, "The significant growth in the numbers of Thais traveling to Australia reflects the strong bilateral relations between our two countries. There is evidently a lot of interest in Australia – interest which will further bring our communities and peoples closer together, to the benefit of both countries.”

“I am confident that all visa applicants to Australia will welcome these new arrangements, which will start on Australia Day, 26 January 2005. The new Australian Visa Application Centre will be conveniently located in the Thai CC Tower Building on South Sathorn Road, opposite Surasak BTS Station.” added the Ambassador.

Commenting on the Visa Application Centre, the Regional Director for Immigration, Ms Christine McPaul said, "applicants for visas to Australia will now have increased flexibility. They no longer need to visit the Embassy to lodge their applications. Those wishing to travel to Australia will be able to apply for a visa during the extended business hours offered by the Visa Application Centre.”

The Visa Application Centre will provide a comfortable client waiting area and have sufficient capacity to ensure clients are not required to wait for extended periods. A courier service can also be provided for a nominal fee.

As part of the new arrangements, visa applicants from major regional centres including Chiang Mai and Phuket will be able to lodge their visa applications without coming to Bangkok and their applications will be delivered to Bangkok by courier service.

The Visa Application Centre will be open from 8:30am-4:30pm Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays, and the service fee is 400 Baht per application.

--Asiatraveltips.com 2004-12-15

Ambassador Kupa will be gone well before 26 January 05. His replacement is HE Bill Patterson ( arrives BKK on 05 January 05 )

This would be a welcome change for the Aust Govt.  Making things easier for the people.  Seems almost too good to believe.  As an aussie that would like to take the better half for a holiday to Oz I will be monitoring closely how efficient and user friendly this new centre will be.

If we are talking the same thing, there is nothing in it for the masses other than Thai backpackers can visit and work Oz, if they can speak English.

Not many Oz youngsters will go to Thai for 20 baht an hour jobs.

Ambassador Kupa will be gone well before 26 January 05. His replacement is HE Bill Patterson ( arrives BKK on 05 January 05 )

That's good news, 3 barbies, Kupas farewell, Patterson's arrival and Aust day...... !

I'd better get my beer condom out :o

Oh, bugger, just remembered, I'm still going to be stuck in this effen shed in January........ boo hoo :D

That's good news, 3 barbies, Kupas farewell, Patterson's arrival and Aust day...... !

I'd better get my beer condom out :D

Oh, bugger, just remembered, I'm still going to be stuck in this effen shed in January........ boo hoo :D

I know Patterson. A good guy. Kupa is a pain in the bum :o

I have a delightful Brown Brothers "Dolcetto and Syrah" on the offer, a sweet little desert number. Might make you feel a little homesick though :D This is normally best served chilled :o

Getting back on topic, I look forward to more info on this new development with the Aussie visa situation, although we never spent more than 30 minutes at the Embassy as it was.

Merry Christmas...

I could understand the UK or US doing this because their visa processes have serious problems, (US - having to queue outside for hours in Bangkok for a tourist visa is no fun for anyone. UK - too small a waiting room, and they're having to turn away applicants most mornings without even seeing them).

But the Australians didn't seem to have any issues as it was, or are they expecting more applicants under the new FTA agreement.

(Admittedly - I don't see Oz backpackers working for 20 baht an hour either - but I do see them using the FTA visa to travel around Thailand for 6 months).

I thought it was Mrs Kupa who was the royal pain in the bum. :D

She's Missus Kupa MK III an Indonesian and a career diplomat with DFAT ( on leave of absence ... with a little Kupa at foot ) Living with Mister Kupa would test Mother Theresa to the fullest.

I thought it was Mrs Kupa who was the royal pain in the bum. :D

nought wrong with leibfauwine Doc

Bronco, sorry to intrude. leibfauwine, is this the Liebfrauenmilch, sometimes marketed as Blue nun?

In this case, sorry, some countries let you import it only, if declared as strong vinegar.

Edited for typos.

Edited by Axel