Pad To End Demonstrations At 10 Am Wednesday

Buckwheat

I hope the "kill 'em all" brigade in here finally calms down.

Not that all your kindergarten LOL's, :o 's, mockings, twistings and general antics did anything to help............

Most of your posts on these threads have provided a new definition for TROLL - even after years of membership and 9,000+ posts. That pedigree should have taught you some sense of how to behave on here - and this has nothing to do with which side of the argument you are on.

ummmm thanks for your input ... but you seem to be attacking the messenger and not the for the first time. Oh well

He attacked the messenger because the messenger is also a TROLL....

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PAD to end their rallies on December 3 at 10AM

The People’s Alliance for Democracy (PAD) announces its decision to discontinue all rallies today (December 3) at 10AM, under conditions that if the puppet government and charter amendment attempts are to re-emerge again, the PAD demonstration will resume accordingly as well.

Following their discourse, the PAD leaders jointly informed the press as one of its key leaders, Mr. Sondhi Limthongkul read an official statement no. 27/2551 to reiterate their stances on mass demonstration ever since May 25, 2008. Furthermore, Mr. Sondhi also stated the motives behind the PAD gatherings were to safeguard the 2007 Constitution and ensure democratic system in Thai politics. After the Constitutional Court ordered dissolution of coalition parties today, Mr. Sondhi said the verdicts proved that the latest administration was not able to govern the nation in democratic manner, nor in compliance with constitutional decree. Mr. Sondhi expressed on behalf of the PAD saying that their missions have already been accomplished, thereby deciding to declare their victory today and announce the end of their rallies at the Government House, Suvarnabhumi International Airport, and Don Muang Airport, which to be effective from December 3, 2008 at 10AM.

However, toward the end of this public statement, the PAD affirmed that if any new administration attempted to either exonerate individuals in Thaksin regime or amend the Constitution, the PAD would return and continue their demonstrations again.

Source: National News Bureau of Thailand - 03 December 2008

CLASS ACTION: in the normal circumstance, company and normal people can ask, in the court that who gives trouble must pay for the damage.

Ok we stay low 5.000 bat per day.....so 350.000x5.000x6= 10.500.000.000 Bath 233.000.000 of Euro. (How mach mister T. paid for the Manchester?).

But not from Thailand people, from the leader and from the guilty of don’t do nothings. Next time they thinks 10 times before make trouble again to the tourist. So let’s go start to send email whit yours agree and go to the international court!!!!!!

ผู้สื่อข่าว - หมายความว่าถ้า 8 กับ 9 เขานำเสนอชื่อนายกฯ ที่มาจาก 6 พรรคร่วมฯ ใหม่ พันธมิตรฯ จะชุมนุมอีกครั้ง

นายสนธิ กล่าวว่า แน่นอนครับ

Reporter: Does this mean that if on 8th or 9th that suggest the name of the PM from one of the 6 coalition parties that you will protest again?

Sonthi L stated definitely.

Bearing in mind the PAD code name for taking the airport was 'Hiroshima' and they claimed to have a Plan B called' Nagasaki' which would be more devastating for the country, it should be interesting to see what this is once they have regrouped, celebrated the birthday this weekend, re-armed and got the logistics planned.

And now go back to the important things:

Governor urges police to quash trade in sex, pirate goods

Gov Preecha and top police brass at the "116 days from Mother's Day to Father's Day" national unity event on November 21.

PHUKET CITY: Fearful that foreigners will view Phuket as a “sex tour” destination and center for trade in counterfeit goods, Phuket Governor Preecha Ruangjan has urged police to take a more serious approach in enforcing prostitution and intellectual property laws.

At the monthly meeting of the Provincial Committee for Social Stability held at Phuket Provincial Hall on November 27, Gov Preecha told fellow board members that a recent night tour of Patong Beach convinced him that trade in both sexual services and counterfeit goods was widespread and openly conducted there.

“Phuket is a world-class destination that attracts a great deal of tourists who come here to relax. I don’t want them to get the impression and spread the word around the world that Phuket is a sex tour destination like Pattaya,” he said.

In order to protect Phuket’s reputation, he asked police to do a better job at enforcing anti-prostitution laws – especially in Patong.

On the issue of intellectual property law violations, Gov Preecha told police the trade in counterfeit CDs and other pirated goods was widespread in Kata as well as Patong.

He urged police to take a more proactive approach by arresting violators without waiting for the copyright holders or their authorized representatives to turn up and request enforcement.

The crackdown should begin right away, he told police officers at the meeting.

So we want stop this criminal and terrorist or not????

I know the police will do a very good job.

You are a fool if you believe that judgment would have come in so clearly and so early had PAD not done what they have.

Are you telling me the judges did not rule based on law but becuase they wanted to have the airports returned?

You have the answer next week, when the new party will start work" Puea Thai". If they start again.....

Lots of cynical posts here. I'm so pleased that it's over but I've been saddened by the posts and comments I've seen made on TV by farangs who don't understand the Thai people, or what they're fighting for. I don't understand the situation fully myself but I give the Thai people credit for being reasonably intelligent people who have a cause to fight for rightly or wrongly. Comments like "4th world country" and "cockamamy stupid protest" are typical of the farang who is so small minded that they can't see beyond their own selfishness. May there be no more trouble. Thailand is a wonderful place and I'm so pleased that I have been fortunate enough to retire here. To the farangs who have been inconvenienced, I'm so sorry for you, but if you don't want to return because you feel that the Thai people are a bunch of 4th world idiots, well, that's OK with me.

Yes we do understand Thai people as many of us have lived here long enough and are married to Thais. This is the bit you need to open your ears for. We do understand them. We just don't agree with them, especially on this current situation. The inherrent thing that many Thai people and it seems that certainly PAD supporters. They can't handle any criticism of themselves and their actions. So they use the"you don't understand us and our culture". We do, love many aspects of it, disagree with some and want to see things improved. Also the well don'y come back mentality if you don't like it really is narrow minded. People have agenuine concern and grievience, expressing this is a freedom of right and speech. That mentaility reminds me of the boy who takes his bat and ball in because he is out (cricket term). Anyway pathetic, as is the "I am so pleased I have been fortunate to retire here". Some of us work here, have businesses here, pay taxes here contribute to the development of the country, families here and see our future here. We have a right to express our views and opinions.

It is really amazing to see how many people have joined these forums at the time of the PAD movement began, trying to justify and promote their cause. You do not fool anyone!!!

Edited by Laughing Gravy

You are a fool if you believe that judgment would have come in so clearly and so early had PAD not done what they have.

Are you telling me the judges did not rule based on law but becuase they wanted to have the airports returned?

No. I am telling you that the judges would have been manipulated to rule more in favour of PPP, and would in any event have taken longer to bring back any verdict (giving PPP time to change the constitution) unless PAD had pressured them.

CLASS ACTION: in the normal circumstance, company and normal people can ask, in the court that who gives trouble must pay for the damage.

Ok we stay low 5.000 bat per day.....so 350.000x5.000x6= 10.500.000.000 Bath 233.000.000 of Euro. (How mach mister T. paid for the Manchester?).

But not from Thailand people, from the leader and from the guilty of don’t do nothings. Next time they thinks 10 times before make trouble again to the tourist. So let’s go start to send email whit yours agree and go to the international court!!!!!!

Not from Thailand. Not from the UK. Not from Germany. Not from France.

Only the US does such stupid things, and only for their own people.

Suing people and expecting handouts, rather than getting on with life, is why the US is in the mess it is in today.

Get over it.

Edited by scratt

PAD (domestic terrorists extraodinaire) can say that they achieved victory and everything will be back to normal but the truth of the matter is that in the eyes of the world, Thailand has very clearly demonstrated that they do not have the ability or desire to ensure the rule of law is enforced and most legitimate tourists and businesses will not jeapordize their safety, or businesses in a country whose stability has now been proven to be non existant. Thailand has cemented their status as a mid level 3rd World Country for years to come. Sure the sex tourists and those deadbeats and dropouts that cant make it in their own country will still come for the easy life and women, but for the type of Tourists and businesses that would help Thailand reach its potential will find other venues......so while I am not sure who is the victor, certainly Thailand and its people and their economy are the big losers.

1000% correct

Nothing was accomplished

"We have won a victory and achieved our aims," media mogul and PAD founder Sondhi Limthongkul said, reading a statement to reporters.

So lemme see if I got this straight ....

Conspiratorial acts of anarchy which at the very least have severely impacted, and at most could bankrupt, major segments of the national economy (namely trade & tourism) are considered a "victory" by one of the major political parties.

The thoughts of what might be considered a "loss" or "failure" by these people are downright scary.

after all this time, why do people insist upon calling PAD a political party?

I have read page upon page of ill-informed speculation, and most still cannot get the basic terms right.

This topic continue here:

BREAKING NEWS:

Suvarnabhumi to partly open Friday, Protesters leave Airports, Govt House

Full story:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Suvarnabhumi...-O-t227152.html

Thaivisa Flight Services:

Find a flight in or out of Thailand today - We have them!:

http://www.thaivisa.com/latest/thaivisa-ex...assistance.html