Pad To End Demonstrations At 10 Am Wednesday

Buckwheat

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Remember, the real terrorists in these events have been bombing and grenading the PAD for quite awhile!

Because of those terrorists, PAD has returned the Government House without conditions. No one wants to do anything, both Army and Police, so citizens have to be terrorists to shoot "peaceful :D " protestors.

Interesting comment, Koo.

Please be clear, are you openly agreeing here, that the people who were shooting & throwing hand-grenades at the PAD, were in fact the government-supporters ? And that you approve of these tactics ?? :D

May I answer that? I don't support violence at any level, but when those who are supposed to take care of law and order are not doing their job, whoever tries to do that for them is the need of the hour. At least they did a much better job than the cops. they didn't get abducted for heavens sake! :o

There is an awful lot of equipment/gear/supplies etc at the airport, plus getting out safely. Remember, the real terrorists in these events have been bombing and grenading the PAD for quite awhile!

They are an unruly crowd whom have illegally occupied multiple government sites for the benefit of their guru style leaders. If you spent any time watching ASTV tonight, or as I do often (I bet you cant understand them!) then you will know too well these people do not have have never had democracy in there hearts. Followers do, some are very principled people, but Chamlong, Sondhi and Pipop are self serving fame hungry gloaters. All you had to do is watch Sondhi in his closing speak. His words and action are exactly those of Aldof Hilter. While listening, I was not surprised to see him raise his hand, remanicent of Hitlers "Hiel". This crowd will meet it's match soon or later, and it will be a strong leader who brings them to there knees. I can only wait.

I was at immigration today and i noticed that everyone was wearing pink instead of the normal yellow royal shirts, you think people will stop wearing yellow as much as the PAD kind of took the color away from the royal family?

No, Pink is the colour for Tuesdays. Yellow is Mondays colour.

Funnily enough, I saw very little red or yellow today whilst out and about n Bangkok. I think that shows that most Thais really have zero interest in the current political situation.

I think those PADs at air-port are enjoying their long picnic. One of my friend who actually went to air-port told me that it seem to him that most of the people have never been to air-port before. You have foods, you have friends, you have air-condition and you even get paid so I m not surprise they want to stay there one more day.

Those who claim that they are putting an end to corrupted Govt, I wonder if they even know the meaning of the word corrupted. :o

I was at immigration today and i noticed that everyone was wearing pink instead of the normal yellow royal shirts, you think people will stop wearing yellow as much as the PAD kind of took the color away from the royal family?

They all wear pink on Tuesday. Today is Tuesday.

Remember, the real terrorists in these events have been bombing and grenading the PAD for quite awhile!

Because of those terrorists, PAD has returned the Government House without conditions. No one wants to do anything, both Army and Police, so citizens have to be terrorists to shoot "peaceful :D " protestors.

Interesting comment, Koo.

Please be clear, are you openly agreeing here, that the people who were shooting & throwing hand-grenades at the PAD, were in fact the government-supporters ? And that you approve of these tactics ?? :o

Koo is one of the few for that in here that I only see his comments i someone quotes him.There is a reason and this post of his shows that reason!

I am not surprised to see so many posters having 'sour-grapes' syndrome in here as it has appeared for a long time that many many posters were wanting to see blood in the streets. I for one am glad that cooler heads and hearts prevailed and that violence was not allowed to escalate any further than it did!

I, like many other people am glad to see powerful and basically non-violent protest to unjust governments. I would have preferred that they never moved to Swampy, but they did. They appear to have not damaged the facility or looted etc and that shows a great deal of discipline. They suffered attacks and bombings/grenade attacks almost daily and showed great restraint in not responding with the same level of violence. Yes some cowboys did some silly crap but certainly not on the order of the violence done to them. (Also not under the eyes of the bosses!)

I hope the Democrats and other parties get to work on some healing (and I hope the "kill 'em all" brigade in here finally calms down.

I hope the "kill 'em all" brigade in here finally calms down.

Not that all your kindergarten LOL's, :)'s, mockings, twistings and general antics did anything to help............

Most of your posts on these threads have provided a new definition for TROLL - even after years of membership and 9,000+ posts. That pedigree should have taught you some sense of how to behave on here - and this has nothing to do with which side of the argument you are on.

I hope the "kill 'em all" brigade in here finally calms down.

Not that all your kindergarten LOL's, :o 's, mockings, twistings and general antics did anything to help............

Most of your posts on these threads have provided a new definition for TROLL - even after years of membership and 9,000+ posts. That pedigree should have taught you some sense of how to behave on here - and this has nothing to do with which side of the argument you are on.

ummmm thanks for your input ... but you seem to be attacking the messenger and not the for the first time. Oh well

The PAD has achieved nothing. Todays events have not bee achieved by the PAD, but the decision of the courts that was long awaited.

Here's to hoping those responsible for the protest, will get what they deserve. Soudhi can pay the bill, (providing he has any money left) :o

Funnily enough, I saw very little red or yellow today whilst out and about n Bangkok. I think that shows that most Thais really have zero interest in the current political situation.

I was thinking earlier today that since PAD hijacked HM's colour (yellow) I wouldn't be surprised if they fell back on pink, the colour that was said to be auspicious for his recovery from illness earlier this year. it will be interesting to see if yellow is dominant in crowds celebrating his birthday on Friday or whether pink or even red might be more in evidence than in the pre-PAD days.

The PAD has achieved nothing. Todays events have not bee achieved by the PAD, but the decision of the courts that was long awaited.

You are a fool if you believe that judgment would have come in so clearly and so early had PAD not done what they have.

It was refreshing to see a few people sticking up for Thailand in this thread. Particularly the retired gentleman posting a little above.

Thailand is the Thai peoples' country, and it is refreshing to see a country which actually does understand peacefull protesting and restraint in sensitive situations, rather than the western approach of police, gas and water cannons which seems so popular in so many increasingly fascist western regimes these days.

If I was on holiday here, rather than living here I'd have loved to have been forced to stay here a few more days.

As it is I run a business here which involves both tourism and shipping, and I don't have a single problem with PAD, or their actions, or any other facet of the Thai country and people. The only people that really irritated me this week were the ill informed, selfish and rude fallang in a lot of these threads.

I will go to sleep with a smile on my face tonight, knowing that there is still along way to go, but a line in the sand has been drawn.. Hopefully the Thaksin years are over now, all bar the wailing and venom of the extremists.

Edited by scratt

ผู้สื่อข่าว - หมายความว่าถ้า 8 กับ 9 เขานำเสนอชื่อนายกฯ ที่มาจาก 6 พรรคร่วมฯ ใหม่ พันธมิตรฯ จะชุมนุมอีกครั้ง

นายสนธิ กล่าวว่า แน่นอนครับ

Reporter: Does this mean that if on 8th or 9th that suggest the name of the PM from one of the 6 coalition parties that you will protest again?

Sonthi L stated definitely.

-

so figure a 99.9% chance it starts again in a week!

anyone who was an MP as of yesterday will cause new protests!

PAD (domestic terrorists extraodinaire) can say that they achieved victory and everything will be back to normal but the truth of the matter is that in the eyes of the world, Thailand has very clearly demonstrated that they do not have the ability or desire to ensure the rule of law is enforced and most legitimate tourists and businesses will not jeapordize their safety, or businesses in a country whose stability has now been proven to be non existant. Thailand has cemented their status as a mid level 3rd World Country for years to come. Sure the sex tourists and those deadbeats and dropouts that cant make it in their own country will still come for the easy life and women, but for the type of Tourists and businesses that would help Thailand reach its potential will find other venues......so while I am not sure who is the victor, certainly Thailand and its people and their economy are the big losers.

PAD (domestic terrorists extraodinaire) can say that they achieved victory and everything will be back to normal but the truth of the matter is that in the eyes of the world, Thailand has very clearly demonstrated that they do not have the ability or desire to ensure the rule of law is enforced and most legitimate tourists and businesses will not jeapordize their safety, or businesses in a country whose stability has now been proven to be non existant. Thailand has cemented their status as a mid level 3rd World Country for years to come. Sure the sex tourists and those deadbeats and dropouts that cant make it in their own country will still come for the easy life and women, but for the type of Tourists and businesses that would help Thailand reach its potential will find other venues......so while I am not sure who is the victor, certainly Thailand and its people and their economy are the big losers.

Well said, spot on.

The demonstrations might end, but the impact upon the economy will continue well into 2009. So I guess the PAD crowd can now return to their expensive homes and now prepare intellectual fodder for "educate" the rural folks who do nothing but produce the food that they ate during their protests. I think that rural folks should simply stop sending food to Bangkok next time PAD decides to take control of the country.

I was thinking earlier today that since PAD hijacked HM's colour (yellow) I wouldn't be surprised if they fell back on pink, the colour that was said to be auspicious for his recovery from illness earlier this year. it will be interesting to see if yellow is dominant in crowds celebrating his birthday on Friday or whether pink or even red might be more in evidence than in the pre-PAD days.

You will see yellow back in full flow :o

If I was on holiday here, rather than living here I'd have loved to have been forced to stay here a few more days.

As it is I run a business here which involves both tourism and shipping, and I don't have a single problem with PAD, or their actions, or any other facet of the Thai country and people. The only people that really irritated me this week were the ill informed, selfish and rude fallang in a lot of these threads.

I will go to sleep with a smile on my face tonight, knowing that there is still along way to go, but a line in the sand has been drawn.. Hopefully the Thaksin years are over now, all bar the wailing and venom of the extremists.

+1

As a business owner here, too, the main thing I don't want is long-term and widespread violence.

That would be dangerous and hurt my business.

People are irritated about how the police and military handled the situation.

But there actions resulted in PAD going home freely, and violence was minimized.

Of course, they also exposed the Somchai government's lack of control.

I'm happy at least this chapter is over.

As far a s i am aware the real problem to the start of all this has bee banned from politics for 5 years by the courts applying some thing that was written in to the constitution, i think any one in any country that gets banned from politics for five years for tampering with electoral votes has got away likely.

Imagine if a group of bank robbers were to be banned from bank robbing for 5 years

From what i could see most of the protesters at the airport (towards the end) were women and children, i wonder what party those people who threw bombs in to crowds belonged to?

Yes a lot of damage has been done by recent events and Yes the airport siege should have been stopped shortly after it began but the fact remains it did not and i suspect the military and the police averted a much worse scenario by holding back, than if they had done what we westerners have come to expect from our governments.

So i see no reason to critisise them, The situation could have been bloody and ongoing if force had been used.

It is a sad fact that tourism would have probably been down a lot next year due to the current problems in the global economy and the crap exchange rate if it continues, apart from the US dollar...that is, and a sadder fact that the recent situation at the airports have done nothing but destroy this years high season and will certainly have some effect on next years low middle and high season but it wont be the only reason.

I am glad like most the situation at the airport has been resolved to a greater extent peacefully and all those people (Tourists) are able to go home, will they return? the sex tourists probabaly, the people who have been here before probabally, will all us who stay here loing time go to Cambodia or vietnam probabally not,,well not at the moment any way unless things take a turn for the worse or worser ..we can only wait and see

Amazing Thailand

Abso-bloomin-lutely!

The fallout from all this will continue for many years.