Buriram Restaurants

torrenova

Well let's see if we cannot come up with some dining suggestions in Buriram. Any type of food is great as long as someone knows about it. After a few months here I know nowhere really to go for a meal.

So where is the best Thai food ?

Best western food ?

Best steak ?

Best breakfast ?

Do we have any other ethnic foods ?

Best noodles ?

Etc.

No rules, just a list to share some of the information on we must have between us.

So where is the best Thai food ? THE BIG HONDA SHOP & it IS VERY CLEAN

Best western food ? BAMBOO BAR

Best steak ? book & bed but French place a close 2nd

Best breakfast ? I never go to town that early

Do we have any other ethnic foods ? i enjoy the Viet Nam place down from Bamboo bar

Etc.Pizza Company is good for pizza Take home some of the other dishes frozen and just reheat when ever

Bic C KFC is the best for fried chicken

the above are my favorite. :o

The Pad Kapow at Big C is good. My son swears on it. But the noise is deafening. Was in there this Monday -only 2 other people but the TV was blaring away, and various people with microphones were imploring all 4 of us to buy something. Give it a miss

Agreed, the food court in Big C is deafening! OK if you happen to be there shopping & you are absolutely starving.

Personally, I rarely venture into 'farang' type restaurants, however, the BEST breakfast I have found is the full English in the Banboo bar, wins by a run away stampede; the absolute WORST in the new French place. Similarly, have tried an evening meal in there & it was terrible!

We tend to eat mostly Thai we are lucky to live not far away from a cluster of EXCELLENT Thai restaurants, serving top quality food at very good prices; location YEOSAKE, near the big lakes on the 219 Buriram to Prachonchai road; 3-4 clicks past the turn off for the Suan Nook bird park when coming from the city. Well worth a visit if you haven't been before.

Bring your Thai Wife to "Book and Bed" Restaurant on Soi HANCHANA, the same Soi that has the WONG THONG hotel. She will enjoy the fairly priced Thai food and you will have to agree his pork and perhaps Beef Steaks are top notch and a very fair value. The French fries are frozen from Makro, but the beef and pork from a very good butcher. Salads can be tossed and served separate from the main course. He has a fair priced refrigerated desert case. The staff are well trained (for Buriram standards) and it seems little turnover in wait staff. If the owner is in he speaks English due to his College education in the United States. Beer and other beverages are not marked up like a Patong beer bar. He hired the same carpenter that I did for his wooden bar. Parking can be in the covered area in the rear off street. No funny business on the bill and they are good about reconfirming food orders. This restaurant "looks" more expensive that it actual costs. Hence you will see 80% Thai customers.

Apart from the Western food, the Thai food in the Bamboo bar is surprisingly good. My wife and mother-in-law still rave about meals we had there during a week spent in Buriram, despite the fact that I have also taken them to numerous posh and not-so-posh Thai restaurants all over Isaan. The wife says this is her favorite: I think it was the seafood dishes that really clinched it.

No question that the Bamboo bar noes not measure up the Western standards but for Buriram I find the western food good. Being American I find the fish and chips good, then I never had fish and chips in the States.

A while back the Book And Bed had a ladyboy waiter that did not really care for forangs and made a point of showing. I understand he is no longer there and I plan on returning soon.

Do try some Thai food at the big Honda Store, just across the RR tracks and to the right from UBC. The Thai food is very good and I was really impressed by how clean it is. They also have a coffee shop in my opinion better than Starbucks. :o

They also have a coffee shop in my opinion better than Starbucks. :o

Frankly, ANYTHING is better than Starbucks :D

A for a delicious morning coffee (before 09.00 hrs) try the lady street vendor towards the back of Prakhon Chai market, also serves a mean khai lua (saawng khai).

No question that the Bamboo bar noes not measure up the Western standards but for Buriram I find the western food good. Being American I find the fish and chips good, then I never had fish and chips in the States.

A while back the Book And Bed had a ladyboy waiter that did not really care for forangs and made a point of showing. I understand he is no longer there and I plan on returning soon.

Do try some Thai food at the big Honda Store, just across the RR tracks and to the right from UBC. The Thai food is very good and I was really impressed by how clean it is. They also have a coffee shop in my opinion better than Starbucks. :D

Hi Ron

Tried to find the Honda store restaurant are you sure it is Honda and not Suzuki store? when you say over the RR track is that coming from Big C direction or other way?

Suzuki store has a coffee shop but not been in it yet to see if they also do Thai grub! That's for next trip to town.

Thanks

TBWG :o

Some day in the near future I will go to Buriram for shopping. Books, coffee, fresh bread, pastrami and so on. I guess I will try one of the establishments mentioned above.

By the way ! Where is the nearest MacDonalds in Isaan ? I haven't seen one in the last 6 years !

post-53941-1228825816_thumb.png I guess this is a grandgrandfather of Bergen.

Edited by JanAndersLarsson

Dave, its the big Honda store, fairly new. From where you pay the SBC bill you go over the tracks and turn right.

have your wife call my wife for better directions, You may enjoy it I do.

Hi Ron

I think I might have got the "wrong end of the stick" by assuming that the Railway line is the old one by Taweekit. On second thoughts maybe you mean the actual railway line and the new BRY Honda dealers building near the railway station? Am I getting warmer?

I made it to the Bamboo Bar for lunch today had my great fish and chips while my wife had her Thai food which she believes to be the best in the area.

The Bamboo bar is having a great looking Christmas dinner, i tried talking them into having the roast turkey for New Years Eve since i am going to Martins for Christmas Dinner.

NOW FOR THE DIRECTIONS TO THE BIG HONDA SHOP THAT SERVES THE THAI FOOD I ENJOY.

On leaving the Bamboo Bar turn RIGHT and go to the main train station,

leaving the train station turn left,

You go to the first big street, the UBC office will be in front of you,

turn LEFT go over the railroad tracks and turn RIGHT it will be the large building on your right and very well marked.

If you try it and do not like it I will give you a Christmas drink.

I made it to the Bamboo Bar for lunch today had my great fish and chips while my wife had her Thai food which she believes to be the best in the area.

The Bamboo bar is having a great looking Christmas dinner, i tried talking them into having the roast turkey for New Years Eve since i am going to Martins for Christmas Dinner.

NOW FOR THE DIRECTIONS TO THE BIG HONDA SHOP THAT SERVES THE THAI FOOD I ENJOY.

On leaving the Bamboo Bar turn RIGHT and go to the main train station,

leaving the train station turn left,

You go to the first big street, the UBC office will be in front of you,

turn LEFT go over the railroad tracks and turn RIGHT it will be the large building on your right and very well marked.

If you try it and do not like it I will give you a Christmas drink.

Thanks Ron

Yes I think you are talking about the new BRY Honda building .. will give it a try on next visit to Buriram.

Thanks again

This may be an even easier way for you TBWG.....

From Satuk.....turn right at the 288 bypass road on the outskirts of Buriram...continue to the next intersection....turn left.....continue into town....you will pass the Hospital on your left as you near town.......the next intersection has a gardening place on the right.....and in front of you is the railway line....turn left and you will see the honda place on your left

nice Harley for sale in there :o

It is a Honda Motor Bike Store/shop which happens to have a very nice coffee shop and small very clean restaurant which serves in my opinion very good Thai food.

I do wonder what you consider the best restaurant in Buriram?

This started I had hoped as a good source of information.

Would like some other ideas of good restaurants in Buriram.

Do you want the god's honest truth..... you're going to get it anyway..... there are no good restaurants in Buriram, in fact the last place I went to in Thailand that could possibly qualify as a restaurant was in Hua Hin. (I don't go to BKK)

There are a smattering of bars that serve food that is edible... when they are open .....and that's it.

Do you want the god's honest truth..... you're going to get it anyway..... there are no good restaurants in Buriram, in fact the last place I went to in Thailand that could possibly qualify as a restaurant was in Hua Hin. (I don't go to BKK)

There are a smattering of bars that serve food that is edible... when they are open .....and that's it.

:o:D:D

Ever thought about a job with the Tourism Board of Thailand

Merry Xmas

Dave

It is a Honda Motor Bike Store/shop which happens to have a very nice coffee shop and small very clean restaurant which serves in my opinion very good Thai food.

I do wonder what you consider the best restaurant in Buriram?

This started I had hoped as a good source of information.

Would like some other ideas of good restaurants in Buriram.

Hi Ron

Well I tried the Honda restaurant and what a surprise, yes it is the BRY dealership HQ and the whole setup is first rate! :o Nice surroundings, atmosphere , furnishings, crockery, cutlery, toilets, aircon, spotlessly clean, good service etc not to mention great food and at a reasonable price.

I note Thaddeus comments about no good restaurants in the area and partially agree but good restaurants come with European prices and personally I look for value for money rather than fancy names and overblown prices.

I would suggest that the above restaurant is giving European standards and surroundings plus good food at Thai prices, that must be a winner ...give it a try!

TBWG :D