Chalerm

monty

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually the article says that he is "possible", not "Llkely" saying he might not be because he's such a polarizing figure. They labeled Mingkwan as a suitable patsy, or Santi.

Yet another inflammatory headline by the local english newspapers, who's article contents tend to dispute the statement. For a moment, i though I was reading the Nation.

I would have thought that the Judicial rulilng and the airport clearing out would have been the top headline, but that's just me.

Edited by jbowman1993

Interesting quote at the end of the article...

"There will be nominees [of banned politicians] across the country. If a husband is banned, his wife or his offspring will replace him."

which I think was said by Banharn... Quoting the nominees to be Silpa-Archa-Men :D

We have a saying in French, roughly translated: "The more things change, the more they stay the same"

Anyways, with a bit of luck Thailand will have spanky clean public toilets :o

I remember well when Chalerm's son murdered the policeman in front of MANY witnesses. Why do you suppose that witnesses suddenly saw nothing? When Chalerm joined the PPP his demand was that he and his sons are a package and if they were not included in the deal, he would quit the PPP.

At one time he called Chavalit's wife a walking jewelry box and she called Chalerm a moron. Apparently Chavilit and Chalerm have since patched up their differences.

Is it possible that the government will jump out of the pot into the fire?

Link to the Bangkok Pundit;

http://bangkokpundit.blogspot.com/2007/10/...rm-and-ppp.html

Interesting quote at the end of the article...

"There will be nominees [of banned politicians] across the country. If a husband is banned, his wife or his offspring will replace him."

And what is new about that? Common practice in the PPP in the last elections as well. I wonder what will happen when they run out of relatives?

Actually the article says that he is "possible", not "Llkely" saying he might not be because he's such a polarizing figure. They labeled Mingkwan as a suitable patsy, or Santi.

Yet another inflammatory headline by the local english newspapers, who's article contents tend to dispute the statement. For a moment, i though I was reading the Nation.

I would have thought that the Judicial rulilng and the airport clearing out would have been the top headline, but that's just me.

Topic title edited to reflect Bangkok Post headline.

Chalerm wild card for PM

Charter court dissolves PPP, key coalition allies

AEKARACH SATTABURUT AND KING-OUA LAOHONG

Public Health Minister Chalerm Yubamrung has emerged as a possible new prime minister after Somchai Wongsawat was disqualified by the Constitution Court in the dissolution cases against his People Power party (PPP).

The court also dissolved the other two parties, Chart Thai and Matchimathipataya, and revoked the political rights of their executives, banning them from politics for five years.

As a PPP executive member, Mr Somchai was disqualified and his premiership was automatically terminated.

Continued at the Bangkok Post http://www.bangkokpost.com/031208_News/03Dec2008_news01.php

Father's aren't accountable for the behaviour of adult sons. Lots of senior peoples' offspring behave in an obnoxious way.

Margaret Thatcher

Rose Kennedy

Saddam Hussein

Its not just limited to parents in Thailand.

No but fathers are accountable when they aid and abet such offspring in their illegal activities.

Father's aren't accountable for the behaviour of adult sons. Lots of senior peoples' offspring behave in an obnoxious way.

Margaret Thatcher

Rose Kennedy

Saddam Hussein

No but fathers are accountable when they aid and abet such offspring in their illegal activities.

You mean helping Duangchalerm evade the warrant? Yes, that needs examining.

In terms of the greater offence though, .....the son was found not guilty of the killing. Legally (if not ethically) thats that.

The widow probably doesn't agree, but thats the judiciary isn't it.

I think Chavalit might ask for another turn.

Edited by Journalist

Margaret Thatcher

Rose Kennedy

Saddam Hussein

When you cut the head off a monster, the monster dies. Somchai was NOT the head. Unfortunately this monster has the ability to regenerate very quickly. The question remains, how do you eliminate the majority of crooked politicians? Obviously killing a political party does not work.

He would fit right in with Samak who also had several criminal litigant cases against him while he was Prime Minister and in fact was out on bail from one of them while he served as PM.

Chalerm faces....

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Nccc-Prosecu...77.html&hl=

NCCC To Prosecute Samak Cabinet Over Joint Comminique, 28 past and current Cabinet Ministers indicted

PAD will right back at the airport if this Thaksin nonsense persists.

576954102gif.jpg

Dad showing his son how to shoot

551000005110701.jpg

Dad and accused murderer son meet with Thaksin and Pokemon in the UK

Edited by sriracha john

Margaret Thatcher

Rose Kennedy

Saddam Hussein

When you cut the head off a monster, the monster dies. Somchai was NOT the head. Unfortunately this monster has the ability to regenerate very quickly. The question remains, how do you eliminate the majority of crooked politicians? Obviously killing a political party does not work.

And neither does banning them for 5 years. They and their immediate relatives should be banned FOR LIFE, with no right to appeal.

Chalerm is an OK guy. I would vote for him.

His sons is another thing. We all know that they as a55holes.

Someone mention that Maggie's son is a half witt. However she is a great dame. Or George Bush & George W Bush. Hence I have nothing against voting for a father/son just becuase his/her father/son is am a55hole.

sbk; could not agree more with your observation. The various sons have entered into police work after some suspect paperwork, army duty after a fashion, civil service, life as a monk, absconder, and various other hobbies which they seem most adapt at. As one person mentioned, many families have offspring who show their a.. on a regular basis, but to get 3 out of 3, would indicate a real lack of a father figure or maybeeeeeee not. This part of the family would certainly give the neighbors cause to prohibit their youngsters playing outside.

Chalerm ...

Please ... when will this nonsense stop ! Not only the PAD will be back at the two airports in a hurry but many more people will join ...

The democrats had a fantastic opportunity to make some sense out of this nightmare but i believe now they are not really interested to govern.

i already alerted my sister.

just in case chalerm will become pm

to cancel her oncoming flight.....

for sure they , pad , shuts the airports again

Chalerm is likely to be the next prime minister.

If so, I will shut up shop and be out.

He with the sons which can murder because daddy is well connected does not like foreigners :o

http://www.bangkokpost.com/031208_News/03Dec2008_news01.php