Police Asked To Press Terrorism Charges Against Pad Leaders

george

What i find amusing in all of this is that the PAD used the airport to protest against the man, Thaksin, whom without which, the airport at swampy would not have been built!! Makes me chuckle! :o

Why Swampy could not have been built without Thaksin?

It was one of the biggest corruption of Thaksin.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to prosecute the PAD leaders will only inflame the situation--but what the Thai Authorities need to do now is make sure this does not happen again..on Dec 8 or whenever the PAD decides to protest again the airport or seaports, their convoys of protesters should be met by roadblocks armed with machine guns..and if they try to shut down vital economic arteries again, it's gonna be time to blow some of them away tienamen square style.

Always amazed me what one could learn about some posters here.

Or how one could see the usual suspects rear their heads in support of an illegitimate regime (Yes, our resident neocons, I'm looking at you.).

Like clockwork...

Who said he/she supports the "illegitimate" regime? Just because one does not agree with the actions of the PAD does not make them Thaksin supporters. I agree with the statement above 100% but I do not think Thaksin is a good man.

It was not OK for Thaksin to break laws just like it's not OK for PAD to break laws... Difference from the two is Thaksin stole money, PAD brought the transportation system to its knees.

Perhaps if the PAD leaders had appeared on a cooking show while they were destroying the economy they would be prosecuted.

It's all spin folks and after every Thai debacle that makes world news the posturing begins. We are talking the Thai police who cannot keep the electricity going in their own offices investigating PADS revenue stream. These guys could not investigate the source of a two hotdog BBQ in their own parking lot. There are a quarter of a million sworn Thai police and how long does it take for one to respond to an emergency call for help? The entire Thai police organization is a failure beyond measure.

The article says just in case anyone wants to file criminal charges the Thai police have begun to check up on funding sources. It's a joke! We as readers are supposed to swallow this stuff like it's real. First they may have to call in an academic that can read the Thai language then they can delve into the realm of sophisticated money laundering operations that fund terrorist organizations in Thailand. They are doing so well with the operations in the deep south we should have an answer about the time they flip the switch on Thailand's first nuclear reactor.

I don't see any action being taken from within Thailand as the "powers that be" and that is not the gov- would wrap another protective arm around the PAD hijackers.

Possibly pressure from the international community to have the PAD leadership brought to at least trial may have some effect but at the moment the world has bigger problems and will be focusing on them.

If they did ever get to trial then the whole world would be able to watch and see the outcome - most likely- justice not done - again!

TIT

Trying to prosecute the PAD leaders will only inflame the situation--but what the Thai Authorities need to do now is make sure this does not happen again..on Dec 8 or whenever the PAD decides to protest again the airport or seaports, their convoys of protesters should be met by roadblocks armed with machine guns..and if they try to shut down vital economic arteries again, it's gonna be time to blow some of them away tienamen square style.

Or how one could see the usual suspects rear their heads in support of an illegitimate regime (Yes, our resident neocons, I'm looking at you.).

Like clockwork...

Who said he/she supports the "illegitimate" regime? Just because one does not agree with the actions of the PAD does not make them Thaksin supporters. I agree with the statement above 100% but I do not think Thaksin is a good man.

It was not OK for Thaksin to break laws just like it's not OK for PAD to break laws... Difference from the two is Thaksin stole money, PAD brought the transportation system to its knees.

Perhaps if the PAD leaders had appeared on a cooking show while they were destroying the economy they would be prosecuted.

NOW that is a SERIOUS CRIME.

Sending in 200 officers to oust 5,000 people told me that they were too busy writing tickets for tea money to really want to make a significant effort to remove them.

They only can threaten poor regular people. They are not trained to deal with terrorists.

Sondhi Limthongkul, Somkiat Pongpaiboon, Pipop Thongchai, Suriyasai Katasila, Panthep Puapongpan, Samran Rodpet, Sirichai Maingarm, Sawit Kaewwan, Saranyoo Wongkrachang and Maleerat Kaewka.

Would it be possible for the Airlines to get together and take an action in an International Court and press Terrorism charges against the Leaders of the PAD.

Wait and wait. Nothing can be done. To sue PAD leaders? They are "mot toud" (empty arse - have nothing). What can they have to pay for the damage they made? No asset. Nothing.

What i find amusing in all of this is that the PAD used the airport to protest against the man, Thaksin, whom without which, the airport at swampy would not have been built!! Makes me chuckle! :o

One of the experts here said Swamppy was on the way of being built and not Khun Thaksin's credit.

To those experts: If Khun Thaksin had not done anything for Thailand, do you think Thai people would have been that stupid to vote for him twice?

One of the experts here said Swamppy was on the way of being built and not Khun Thaksin's credit.

To those experts: If Khun Thaksin had not done anything for Thailand, do you think Thai people would have been that stupid to vote for him twice?

As it has been shown.....not without corruption and money.....

I dont think the police will take any action in this regard I think they made a deal with Chamlong.

And not to forget that Chamlong is the hero of 1992. Without him Thailand would have a Military Dictator!

without that drama queen maybe less people would have died. how "hero" is that to tell the people it's their duty to get killed and they must do it for the nation. people died for a sicko propaganda show.

and you forget that that drama queen chamlong is the "father", teacher, mentor and long time advisor of ex-PM thaksin.

military dictatorship we also had seen 2years ago - where have been your hero?

:o Yes, I do. :D

The word stupid is bit strong though.

Edited by KireB

Seems obvious enough to me.

Section 135 of the Penal Code

Whoever commits any of the following criminal offences :

1. an act of violence or any act to cause death or serious injury to the life and freedom of an individual;

2. an act causing serious damage to a public transportation system, a telecommunication system, or an infrastructure facility of public use;

3. an act causing damage to property belonging to a State or an individual, or the environment, resulting or likely to result in major economic loss, if the commission of the offence is intended to threaten or coerce the Royal Thai Government, or any foreign government, or an international organization, to do or abstain from doing any act which causes serious damages, or is intended to raise unrest so as to intimidate a population, that person is said to commit a terrorist act and shall be punished with death, imprisonment for life, or imprisonment of three to twenty years and fine of sixty thousand to one million bant. Any demonstration, gathering, protest, objection or movement that calls for the government's assistanceor for fair treatment, as an exercise of their freedom under the Thai Constitution, shall not be regarded as a terrorist offence.

Section 135/2

Whoever

1. threatens to commit a terrorist act by demonstrating behavior which leads to a reasonable belief that the person will do as threatened;

2. collects forces or arms, provides or compiles any assets, gives or receives training relating to terrorism, makes preparations or conspires to commit a terrorist act, or commits any offence which is part of the plot to commit a terrorist act, or instigate the people to partake in committing a terrorist act, or does any act to conceal the knowledge of the commission of a terrorist act shall be punished with imprisonment of two to ten years and fine of forty thousand to two hundred thousand baht.

Section 135/3

Whoever being a supporter to commit any offence mentioned in Section 135/1or 135/2, shall be liable to the same punishment as a principal in such offence.

Like clockwork...

It was not OK for Thaksin to break laws just like it’s not OK for PAD to break laws... Difference from the two is Thaksin stole money, PAD brought the transportation system to its knees.

If the comment wasn't directed towards you, no need to respond. But perhaps you are a neo-con and therefor you did?

One of the posters I was directing it too is a neo-con and did reply and have supported the regime, hence my post and it's wording.

You missed a few. One I can remember now is the PAD guards beat a PAD who wanted to go home. The dead body has been found without the head, and as I remember, the victim is from Phitsanulok.

Sorry. I had the wrong info. They only used a knife to "theang" his neck, not to cut.

Doubt terrorist charges will ever stick or maybe even happen any time soon. That section of the law is all wrapped up in intent stuff.... with protection for demonstrations too. Probably other reasons why those kind of charges wont happen too.

I love how folks just through around the "T" word like it's some kind of new fad or something...give me a break. Ofcourse terrorism charges won't stick. Anyone who has seen REAL terrorism in action could tell you that much.

"Trying to prosecute the PAD leaders will only inflame the situation--but what the Thai Authorities need to do now is make sure this does not happen again..on Dec 8 or whenever the PAD decides to protest again the airport or seaports, their convoys of protesters should be met by roadblocks armed with machine guns..and if they try to shut down vital economic arteries again, it's gonna be time to blow some of them away tienamen square style."

SHAME ON YOU!

Easy, anybody not at the airport making trouble is not shot.

This is going to bite pad in the ass now.

At least your true self is shown in clear daylight.

I won't go into all of this, but one comment is flashing like a siren. The army. Their inaction was a sign that they in fact play a very major role in Thai politics. Try and think it through.

No kidding, Sherlock. :o

The militars have been running this place from behind the curtain for a long, long time. All pretenses of democracy or what not are just window dressing to keep the rubes appeased.

Here is some more food for thought under the headline "How did Thai protesters manage it?"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7762806.stm

Apparently the BBC is still allowed to say what we are not allowed to say in this forum.

You missed a few. One I can remember now is the PAD guards beat a PAD who wanted to go home. The dead body has been found without the head, and as I remember, the victim is from Phitsanulok.

Sorry. I had the wrong info. They only used a knife to "theang" his neck, not to cut.

How about you link us ANY info regarding this?

Or we could all start to post crap like this:

"I heard a rumor that the real reason Thaksin was divorcing was that his piggly wife had found him in the bed with the male gardener and a you boy from a Chaing Mai orphanage. Anyone have more information or can confirm?"

(Have already seen 5 posts like this over the past 2 days, people 'asking for more info' about outlandish rumors. That is how one starts them...)

Thousands of people were terrorized by the images of the PAD shooting at people in the streets and then taking over the airports while threatening people's lives if they tried to show up for their flights. Pictures of Pungi death stakes planted at the airport and reports of PAD with clubs, knives and guns were direct death threats to thousands of Thais and people worldwide that had a right to use the airport. Shutting down the airport directly threatened the lives of thousands of people and damaged their livelihood and well being by costing people huge sums of money in an already weak world economy. People have lost their livelihood over this and significant damage has been done to the finances of thousands of people the PAD threatened. The stress to many has been detrimental to their health and some have died on the highways of Thailand trying to get to an alternative way out of Thailand. This has been a permanent loss of face for the leadership of the PAD throughout the world and they deserve to be held accountable for terrorist acts they engaged in.

I'm an easy going peaceful guy, but I could not have said it better myself! They struck a huge blow for Thailand and time will show how much damage was done. If PAD wanted to send a sincere message to the world for their plight, then they failed to do so with this act.

What an astonishing piece of garbage!!!

'..a vital transport hub to be stormed by a mob that never numbered more than a few thousand?'

How about a few HUNDRED thousand, if they talk about ever/never?

Just a paragraph later:

"disastrous events in October, when several PAD supporters were seriously injured in clashes with the police."

How about several HUNDRED injured and one dead?

"the local governor asked the army for assistance." - what local governor?

There's perhaps even more bloopers downs the page, I can't be bothere to read this crap.

>>>

And that's on BBC, of all places.

I'm sorry, but whatever credibility Western media had in covering Thailand is disappearing very fast. Ignorant morons pulling stuff out of their assess to fill the pages, that's what it is.

Police asked to press terrorism charges against PAD leaders

BANGKOK: -- A progovernment group led by Dr Weng Tochirakarn Wednesday lodged a complaint with crime suppression police calling on them to press terrorism charges against the People's Alliance for Democracy for besieging Suvarnabhumi and Don Mueang airports, resulting in great damage to the country's economy.

Weng and Dr Sant Hattirat, and Prateep Ungsomtham Hata accused 12 PAD leaders of committing terrorism from November 25 to December 3. They named Sondhi Limthongkul, Somkiat Pongpaiboon, Pipop Thongchai, Suriyasai Katasila, Panthep Puapongpan, Samran Rodpet, Sirichai Maingarm, Sawit Kaewwan, Saranyoo Wongkrachang and Maleerat Kaewka.

Weng said the 12 committed a serious crime in breach of Article 135/1 (2) for causing grave damage to the public transport system and infrastructure, causing unrest and terror among the public.

-- The Nation 2008-12-03

Only a legal bod can comment on it's likely success. On the face of it, it looks like a goer. If not, there must be a few lesser charges, eg, criminal damage, rioting, inciting riots, etc.

Aren't they on some sort of charge anyway?

These people deserve everything they get in my opinion.

For those calling the PAD terrorist for occupying the airports, you just don't understand the nuances of the term.

If three people illegally storm an airport and forcefully take over the premises under threat of violence, refuse to desist and vow to fight to the death unless they demands are met . Those are terrorists.

On the other hand if three thousand people illegally storm an airport and forcefully take over the premises under threat of violence, refuse to desist and vow to fight to the death unless they demands are met... now that is a completely different situation and you should be mad MAD I tell you! to call that an act of terrorism.

:o

But, more seriously; semantic arguments like this only help to derail the necessary proceedings. The PAD broke the law, no ifs, buts or maybes, they did break the law and at the very least the leaders should face the consequences of doing so. After all laws are just in as much as they apply equally to everyone... yeah, what can I say?, I didn't grow up here.

'..a vital transport hub to be stormed by a mob that never numbered more than a few thousand?'

Just a paragraph later:

"disastrous events in October, when several PAD supporters were seriously injured in clashes with the police."

There's perhaps even more bloopers downs the page, I can't be bothere to read this crap.

>>>

I'm sorry, but whatever credibility Western media had in covering Thailand is disappearing very fast. Ignorant morons pulling stuff out of their assess to fill the pages, that's what it is.

The article seems mostly correct to me. The airports had usually around 3,000 to 4,000 protesters. They never had a few hundred thousand as you're saying. Nowhere near that. And they said that "several PAD supporters were seriously injured", which is the truth. Several were seriously injured. They only mention the seriously injured, not the total number of injured.

If PAD broke any laws, then they should face the music. And they should be proud to do so. After all, non-violent resistance was the aim and the whole point.

If they broke some rules, so be it.

Mahatma Gandhi's resistance movement led to him being jailed. He didn't mind. Just went on hunger strike. Being jailed is part of the strategy.

Biggest PAD rallies had well over a hundred thousand people.

How many were "seriously" injured out of 437 "simply" injured?

You make it sound like they chose "several injured" on purpose and not out of ignorance.

Correct report mention "one dead, several hundred injured, several lost their limbs".

Again, I think they misrepresented these number of purpose. Have they already got the official editorial line to bend over for?

The article seems mostly correct to me. The airports had usually around 3,000 to 4,000 protesters. They never had a few hundred thousand as you're saying. Nowhere near that. And they said that "several PAD supporters were seriously injured", which is the truth. Several were seriously injured. They only mention the seriously injured, not the total number of injured.

It is mostly correct of course.Even Plus in his most virulent ranting mode can't seem to identify significant errors.Read the article and it is very clear it is the open discussion of the ugly truths about PAD that sets him off.

Jonathan Head is of course far from being an ignorant moron.Interestingly I have heard Khun Anand Panyarachun desrcibe Jonathan as the most perceptive and intelligent reporter operating in Thailand today.

Talking of morons the other day I took someone to task someone who described JH as a "<deleted>".It's sad to see someone of Plus's calibre sink to that level.

Hi All.

So many posts slagging off the PAD also refering to them as ''These People '' What kind of Government would Thailand have now?If not for '' These People"?Would you have been allowed to be in Thailand? Would there be Thai Visa Forum? The way Thaksin was taking Thailand he wanted to be Number 1 Emperor Thaksin ,Dont do what i do but do as I say,or else face the consequences. No, I think foreigners here in Thailand should thank the PAD,and if they come on the streets again it will only be to stop the Thaksin Puppets from doing even more dastardly deeds. God forbid he ever gets power again,If they come out again it will only be to protect Thailand from the puppet regime.

phupaman

Biggest PAD rallies had well over a hundred thousand people.

How many were "seriously" injured out of 437 "simply" injured?

You make it sound like they chose "several injured" on purpose and not out of ignorance.

Correct report mention "one dead, several hundred injured, several lost their limbs".

Again, I think they misrepresented these number of purpose. Have they already got the official editorial line to bend over for?

Show me one PAD rally involving the airport (or any of them for that matter) that had a 100,000+ people, I know a few thousand people all in yellow looks like a vast see but never ever did it get to 100,000+ quit dreaming

Edited by MyphuketLife

Just a paragraph later:

>>>

You are defending the same kind of journalism that FOXNews and people like Sean Hannity has been flamed for perpetuating.

In the case of wounded protesters, he didn't say it was incorrect. He mean that it's only a limited scope to paint the situation differently.

Mentioning seriously wounded, not the total number of wounded (which was very high) nor even that people died...how can you defend such skewing of events?

No wait, don't answer it. We know how you can...

How about you link us ANY info regarding this?

Or we could all start to post crap like this:

"I heard a rumor that the real reason Thaksin was divorcing was that his piggly wife had found him in the bed with the male gardener and a you boy from a Chaing Mai orphanage. Anyone have more information or can confirm?"

(Have already seen 5 posts like this over the past 2 days, people 'asking for more info' about outlandish rumors. That is how one starts them...)

It was on the tv. Bad I didn't record that because I thought everybody watched it.

Just a paragraph later:

>>>

It's ...

By:

Mr. Jonathan Head

BBC News, Bangkok

again...maybe he's reporting from Singapore or from some Pub down Silom Rd.?

Thaksin Shinawatra made a lot of powerful enemies while he was in office with his aggressive efforts to re-shape the country.

- lining his and his supporters pockets and this is proven! Proven, that his business empire has increased it's value four fold in the time he was in office, "honest lies",massive tax evasion trough manipulating existing laws, the fact he is convicted of taking advantage whilst in office, the Rajadapisek land scandal, the "ar on drugs", the Tak Bai incident... Sorry, Mr.Head missed way too many important events which did finally lead to the occupation, because after he was ousted by a "soft military coup" he was since working on his comeback, wishing to amend the charter to take hold of his frozen questionable assets and get a genral amnesty for him and his cronies, his setting up proxy parties, proxy governments, proxy prime ministers, not being afraid of heaving his very brother in law into the first position as the countries leader....!

This guy and his entourage weren't exactly Mr. and Ms. Clean Hands when they made away...finally he fled, nobody did move him into exile..

Sorry, think Mr.Head as the "Thailand Corresponded of the BBC World Service" should be much better informed, most this is sheer nonsense!

Edited by Samuian