Pickup Bed Cover - Where To Find Those?

Thanh-BKK

Hi.

I would like to buy one of those vinyl/artificial leather type pickup bed covers for my new Isuzu D-Max, because i've heard that otherwise there are problems in using expressways if there's something on the bed and it's not covered. I have seen a number of pickups having these, however i never saw them anywhere for sale.

My Isuzu dealer also doesn't have them.

Does anyone here know where to get these and how much they may cost? It's a space-cab truck (i guess the price depends on this i.e. different sizes).

Thanks in advance for any information.

Regards...

Thanh

Hi.

I've heard that otherwise there are problems in using expressways if there's something on the bed and it's not covered.

Regards...

Thanh

I have never had a problem carrying stuff on the back whether on expressways or motorways. Look around and you will see many people driving a pickup without a cover.

Hi.

I've heard that otherwise there are problems in using expressways if there's something on the bed and it's not covered.

Regards...

Thanh

I have never had a problem carrying stuff on the back whether on expressways or motorways. Look around and you will see many people driving a pickup without a cover.

I guess u r in Pattaya. Go see BOY 4x4 Acessory Shop in Banglamung. Bich shop Easy to find.

Hi :o

@Stingray

That "BKK" in my user name means something - if i was in Pattaya i'd be something like "Thanh-PTY" :D Nah, i'm in Bangkok, close to the BITEC exhibition center (Bangna). I have looked at one 4x4 accessories shop at the end of soi Udomsuk (close to my place) but they didn't have these either, only the sturdy "lift up" ones which are rather impractical (can't put a motorbike there!) and expensive.

@BWPattaya

In the city there are plenty of pickups running around without them, however i saw pickups being stopped by cops right after the toll booth because there was something on the bed and not covered. A friend also told me that you are not allowed to use the expressway with something loaded but not covered, reason being the object could fly away and hit a following car or some such. In short - another way for the BIB to pocket a couple of 100 Baht notes each time they see you.

Another advantage of these covers is that you don't have the bed full of leaves when parked outside, or water in case it rains. Plus these are easily removed completely if something like a motorbike has to be transported (or some furniture).

Best regards......

Thanh

Can't remember where but I've seen these loads of times online, probably from a post and link here I'd guess.

Lots of variety, price and practicality.

If you cannot find a link here, I suggest 3 things.

1. Your dealer will know someone who knows someone. <deleted> if he does not.

2. Ask around accessory shops. Even those bumber or tyre shops.

3. If you see one on another car, try to get the manufacturer's name, speak to the owner or leave a message in English and Thai under the wiper blade.

A while back I was walking past an upholstering shop on Suk. rd. Pattaya, just north of Pattaya Tai on west side.

The guy had a truck parked outside his shop and was just fitting a cover to it.

I asked the price and was told 2000 baht. So I would suggest talking to any upholstery shop.

Hope that helps!

I have one fitted on my dual cab pickup .

It's a pain in the @#$e .

Cost from memory was around 2000 baht

They fill up with water and then collapse or pull the clips out .

Would recommend avoiding them , go for the sports lid type .

Sorry, i din't realized that you are living in Bangkok. I think you can go to PatumWan or even better to Worachack. There are plenty of acessory shops.

So, some news - i GOT the thing. At a place where i'd been before - but speaking English, the guy i talked with spoke English too, but today when my (Thai) boyfriend spoke to the, suddenly the part was available. One wonders.......

Anyway, we got there (again) because we went to Isuzu to have a small problem rectified (strange noise >100 km/h from the right side) which turned out to be vibrations of the holder for the side step which was too close to a part of the frame, and our usual sales guy wasn't there so my boyfriend just asked one of the mechanics where we could find this cover. And that guy said that this shop will have it "sure sure". So we went.

The shop is "New Fiber 4x4 Pro Shop" at the end of soi Udomsuk (at the intersection with Srinakarin Road), beside the Honda dealership. Brand "Aeroklas" just like the bed liner in my truck, cost 3,500 Baht installed. This is a rather high quality material which doesn't look like it'd break or rip easy.

Water can't collect in it because it comes with two "arms" that span across the bed and hold it a little upwards, similar to a roof, just enough so all water will run off to the sides or to the rear. These arms are removable, they are just clipped into holders on the bed liner (which required altogether 4 holes to be drilled into the liner, which they took off to do it). The ams are made from steel, not plastic (it's basically chromed tubing). In the front of the cover is a broad rubber "lip" which extends over the rim of the bed so no water can enter from there (as there are no buttons in the front), on the other three sides it extends over the rim of the liner and is held in place with a larger number of push-buttons (they are black), their counterpart is siting on little plastic holders that snap onto the bed liner without drilling and are easily replaceable should one break.

@Thumchok

The point in "driving a pickup" is to lug around things that are too large to fit into a standard car - such as motorbikes. I don't know if you can fit a Honda Wave under a fully raised "Sport Lid" but i guarantee you that my RXZ will NOT fit under one of those :D Neither will a fridge or assorted other furniture pieces (if not taken apart).

Best regards......

Thanh

Edited by Thanh-BKK

Yes i will do that either tomorrow or on Wednesday (because i'm not sure if i can get to it tomorrow, i have to be at the DLT at 7:30 to transfer another motorbike to my name) and from there straight to work, however maybe my boyfriend comes there with the truck so i can take the picture then, otherwise it'll be Wednesday.

Yes, it definitely is a proper job, i like how it looks and feels :D

@VocalNeal

That one looks even better, but it also is a bit on the pricier side :D I've got mine already, but thanks very much for the link :D

With kind regards......

Thanh

Water can't collect in it because it comes with two "arms" that span across the bed and hold it a little up

@Thumchok

The point in "driving a pickup" is to lug around things that are too large to fit into a standard car - such as motorbikes. I don't know if you can fit a Honda Wave under a fully raised "Sport Lid" but i guarantee you that my RXZ will NOT fit under one of those :D Neither will a fridge or assorted other furniture pieces (if not taken apart).

Best regards......

Thanh

Exactly what I thought when I purchased mine .

Parked under an eve especially in a heavy downpour , it will fill up and collapse .

I'm only giving you advice on my experience .

Up to you what you do with it .

They do look good and keep stuff out of sight , and won't fill up while you are driving .

Next time I am going for the sport lid .

If I need a bike taken somewhere in a pickup , I will pay someone else to do it . :D

But did yours come with those two arms..?? Most of the pickups i see with these covers on them do NOT seem to have anything holding the cover up, those can and will fill with water (which i have already seen as well). However the one i got here, the water has nowhere to collect - it can only run off :D

Maybe that's the difference between having one made to order (upholstery shop) and one bought from a pickup accessory manufacturer? Or the difference between 2,000 Baht and 3,500 Baht? I don't know, i only have the truck since three weeks and never had a truck before, let alone accessories :D

I will see how it fares once it's raining again, i can still chose a different one if this fails (but not the sport lid, as mentioned - i got a truck to haul stuff, not to pay someone else to haul my stuff).

Best regards.....

Thanh

But did yours come with those two arms..?? Most of the pickups i see with these covers on them do NOT seem to have anything holding the cover up, those can and will fill with water (which i have already seen as well). However the one i got here, the water has nowhere to collect - it can only run off :D

Maybe that's the difference between having one made to order (upholstery shop) and one bought from a pickup accessory manufacturer? Or the difference between 2,000 Baht and 3,500 Baht? I don't know, i only have the truck since three weeks and never had a truck before, let alone accessories :D

I will see how it fares once it's raining again, i can still chose a different one if this fails (but not the sport lid, as mentioned - i got a truck to haul stuff, not to pay someone else to haul my stuff).

Best regards.....

Thanh

I have a dual cab , it has and arm that joins together in the middle via an adjustable clamp . ( So you can lift it higher )

Identical to the picture .

Have already had to replace the small screws for the mounts where these arms go as well .

Plus a bunch of the press on clips .

Another 4 months and i am selling the car anyway .

I hope you don't have the same hel_l with yours .

Should be ok if it's parked under cover or driven when the heavy rain hits .

Cheers .