Married To Thai Wife & Retired

I am resident and national of a EU country, where I live with my Thai wife since 20 years.

Our marriage is only registered in my home country.

Now as I am going to be 65 year and retire from professional activities in my home country, I would prefer to reside with my wife in Thailand in the future.

Question 1 : I guess that I will need to get translated in Thai language the documents issued by city hall at our EU home town as evidence that we are indeed married since 20 years. Will those translated and certified documents be sufficient or will we need also to register our marriage under Thai Law?

Question 2 : I guess that as an (EU) Alien married to a Thai wife I can take the option to have proof of income 40.000 Baht/month or 400.000 Baht in bank account even if this income is in fact a pension obtained after retirement in my home country. Or do retirees always have the obligation of 65.000 Baht/800.000 Baht whether they are officially married or not to a Thai wife?

I am resident and national of a EU country, where I live with my Thai wife since 20 years.

Our marriage is only registered in my home country.

Now as I am going to be 65 year and retire from professional activities in my home country, I would prefer to reside with my wife in Thailand in the future.

Question 1 : I guess that I will need to get translated in Thai language the documents issued by city hall at our EU home town as evidence that we are indeed married since 20 years. Will those translated and certified documents be sufficient or will we need also to register our marriage under Thai Law?

Question 2 : I guess that as an (EU) Alien married to a Thai wife I can take the option to have proof of income 40.000 Baht/month or 400.000 Baht in bank account even if this income is in fact a pension obtained after retirement in my home country. Or do retirees always have the obligation of 65.000 Baht/800.000 Baht whether they are officially married or not to a Thai wife?

Translated into English or Thai.

You have either financial option although Immigration will try and push you into the retirement option as it is easier for them.