Pojaman Is Landing In Bangkok Tonight

george

Ex-wife of Thaksin to return home Friday night

BANGKOK: -- Ex-wife of fugitive former PM Thaksin Shinawatra and her daughter are due to return home on Friday night.

Khunying Pojaman and her youngest daughter; Paethongtarn will return to Bangkok from Hong Kong by Thai International Airways at about 10.30pm.

Pojaman was granted bail after being convicted on tax evasion charge is reportedly arriving Bangkok from Hong Kong.

Thaksin had said that he and Pojaman decided to divorce, ending 12-year marriage because Pojaman did not want him to re-enter the Thai politics. Many believe that the divorce was for political reason.

Her return, if true, was coincided with a meeting of Pheu Thai Party to elect new party leader scheduled on Sunday. The party is a spare part of People Power Party which was dissolved by the Constitution Court this week and its executive members were banned from politics for five years.

Immigration Police Commissioner Lt Gen Chatchawal Suksomjit confirmed Friday that Pojaman Shinawatra will return to Bangkok at about 10 pm Friday night.

Chatchawal said immigration police had no arrest warrant against Pojaman so she would pass through normal immigration procedure.

-- The Nation 2008-10-05

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update:

Immigration police chief confirms Pojaman will arrive at 10 pm Friday

BANGKOK: -- Immigration Police Commissioner Lt Gen Chatchawal Suksomjit confirmed that Khunying Pojaman Shinawatra will return to Bangkok at 10 pm Friday night.

-- The Nation 2008-12-05

Surely she broke her conditions of bail, when she left China for the UK? Should she not be arrested on arrival at Swampy and thrown in the BKK Hilton?

(we live in hope, but I doubt that would happen). Is she still appealing her conviction?

Chatchawal said immigration police had no arrest warrant against Pojaman so she would pass through normal immigration procedure.

Is she not a fugitive, who was out on bail and fled to avoid prison ?

And there is no arrest warrant ? :o

Surely she broke her conditions of bail, when she left China for the UK? Should she not be arrested on arrival at Swampy and thrown in the BKK Hilton?

(we live in hope, but I doubt that would happen). Is she still appealing her conviction?

I thought that she had been convicted already and has to serve 2.5 year prison sentence? I agree it will never happen.

Cheers, Rick.

I think something like that: she reports to the police, therefor she didn't jump bail and everything is OK or she need to pay 500.000 as guarantee.

It isn't logic at all but I am sure she checked that in advance.

I think something like that: she reports to the police, therefor she didn't jump bail and everything is OK or she need to pay 500.000 as guarantee.

It isn't logic at all but I am sure she checked that in advance.

How can she not be arrested on arrival? How can she be a fugitive and yet just walk straight through immigration and into her limo?

What I find most disturbing is the fact the whole mess this country is in is down in the most part to her and her husband and yet her arrival coincides with an important meeting that will no doubt be central to continuing the economic misery that will be faced by millions in this country while her and her greedy ex husband work out ways they can pay people off to get back the billions that have been impounded.

Divorcing Mr.T was clearly a calculated step. Wife and I talked about it at the time and both agreed it was a way of laying the groundwork for her return. No doubt she'll be working feverishly on her "ex husband's" behalf.

It is certain that she will be the next PM, pardon her ex-husband, and they will co-habitate happily ever after. Perfect for him because this way he can reap the benefits of having a nexus to the PM office, and pass the blame onto his ex when things go wrong.