How Much Is The Cheapest Reliable New Car That You Can Buy In Thailand?

garro

New 398K 6month old Demo 345 - 360k Daihatsu Move Turbo Automatic ?

About the same price for the 'Sister' car Suzuki Wagon also Automatic, just a little more the the Wagon R Plus..

Both are bigger than the Proton Savy, + cheaper + you can get them in Automatic

The Proton Savy look good in a photo by itself, but in a car park or on the road it is VERY small.

Sometimes a heater won't be amiss even here in Bangkok, up north, where it drops to 12 degrees quite often (my guesstimate) it would be really necessary.

However the cost would not be justified - after all it's only about a month a year only.

Here's a really dumb questions - do they make heater+aircon systems for cars in mixes climates? Where I am from they never had aircons in my days, only heaters.

I always had a heater in my cars in Saudi Arabia, and needed it too.

• 2 weeks later...

Besides the obvious (needing a heater when it's cold), two other reasons for wanting a heater (and useful for a larger portion of the year) are:

To aid in defogging the windshield: Although A/DC can help with this, in some conditions it also chills the glass enough to cause condensation on the outside and requires frequent wiper useage;

To help regulate cab temperature: A/C is difficult to "throttle back"; if the cab is getting cold at whatever setting your A/C is currently at, it will likely still be cold with the A/C cut to Minimum. Having the ability to mix in a little heat in this condition when A/C is desired is much more effective at keeping yourself (and especially Thai passengers) more comfortable.

About the same price for the 'Sister' car Suzuki Wagon also Automatic, just a little more the the Wagon R Plus..

The Proton Savy look good in a photo by itself, but in a car park or on the road it is VERY small.

Where can you buy a new Daihatsu Move in Thailand? I'd be interested to know if anyone knows a dealer Bangkok or Eastern Seaboard. I DO know of one in Rayong, selling used Daihatsu/Suzuki Wagons and cute Optis for 200k-300k.

Where can you buy a new Daihatsu Move in Thailand? I'd be interested to know if anyone knows a dealer Bangkok or Eastern Seaboard. I DO know of one in Rayong, selling used Daihatsu/Suzuki Wagons and cute Optis for 200k-300k.

This Dealer <a href='http://showroom.one2car.com/tent.aspx?tent_id=10220B103' rel='nofollow' target="_blank" onclick="java script:urchinTracker('/outgoing/showroom_one2car_com');">http://showroom.one2car.com/tent.aspx?tent_id=10220B103</a> has a few both Daihatsu Move & Suzuki Wagons

No idea what these are called........ drive from Nontaburi towards Bang Yai, think it is just after the River there is a place that has many dealers Tents inside, one has just Daihatsu [you can drive in and drive all around]...........

2nd, drive from BKK past the 'new' South Bus station turn left all the way down that road on both sides are dealers & Tents I mean 100's for about 6 km or so, a number of places have both, cannot remember 100% if the Daihatsu dealer is on the left or right, but it is way down if it is not near the end on the left just before the Hypermarket then you would need to keep right [3 lanes all the way down] and do the U turn as it would be on the way up towards Bang Yai Rd..

Just so you know if your just looking at what is For Sale, about 3 months ago, I drove there every day for 5 days for 5 hours or so each time, in that time more or less went to all the dealers and tents, OK did do a few test drives in what interested me.

I only know these places north/west of BKK because I live within 15km from both

Edited by ignis

I guess Torrenova hasn't spent a cold December night in Surin either, or been shivering at he first Tee at 06:30 in the morning.

I was there in December actually, spent two nights in Surin mid December. Some sun but a little nippy in the morning I agree !

do they make heater+aircon systems for cars in mixes climates?

Of course

They make them, although i have never seen one in Thailand. I don't think you will find a heater+aircon in the cheapest new cars... Only in the higher models

There was a thread ages ago here I think about some guy who took his Fortuner to Ireland but it did not have a heater and the Irish Toyota guys were unwilling to assist. I seem to remember him complaining about freezing as he drove around.

• 3 weeks later...

This Dealer <a href='http://showroom.one2car.com/tent.aspx?tent_id=10220B103' rel='nofollow' target="_blank" onclick="java script:urchinTracker('/outgoing/showroom_one2car_com');">http://showroom.one2car.com/tent.aspx?tent_id=10220B103</a> has a few both Daihatsu Move & Suzuki Wagons

No idea what these are called........ drive from Nontaburi towards Bang Yai, think it is just after the River there is a place that has many dealers Tents inside, one has just Daihatsu [you can drive in and drive all around]...........

2nd, drive from BKK past the 'new' South Bus station turn left all the way down that road on both sides are dealers & Tents I mean 100's for about 6 km or so, a number of places have both, cannot remember 100% if the Daihatsu dealer is on the left or right, but it is way down if it is not near the end on the left just before the Hypermarket then you would need to keep right [3 lanes all the way down] and do the U turn as it would be on the way up towards Bang Yai Rd..

Just so you know if your just looking at what is For Sale, about 3 months ago, I drove there every day for 5 days for 5 hours or so each time, in that time more or less went to all the dealers and tents, OK did do a few test drives in what interested me.

I only know these places north/west of BKK because I live within 15km from both

I still can't get over how practical and economical these little vans are for short runs. I have found one locally (Hijet Van 1,000cc), aircon, nice conversion inside with TV amp stereo etc , full front & rear aircon, a little old (10 years) clock is misleading but it looks and drives like it's done around 150,000 kms. Condition is fair all round, they are asking 120,000 Ignis from what you've seen does that sound about right?

Sorry No idea, but from what I have seen the Hijet Mini Bus/Van........ 1988 - 2001 there is about 40,000 difference [115k - 165k] remember these were just what I noticed at Tents, so a Private one would be cheaper if you could find one.

I did see one by the side of the road a week or 2 ago priced at 67,000baht, maybe was the colour very bright Pink even the wheels were pink

• 1 month later...
Toyota Vios I think still is the best bang for the buck, and seeing its the number one seller it has good service behind it.

i agree, bought one new 4 years ago, cost almost nothing to run. still running on the original tyres after 80,000 ks. shop around though dealers in different parts of the country offer different discounts on the list price. buy the cheapest basic J manual version and ad on non toyota extras like central locking, mud flaps, cd player etc, much cheaper this way