Engagement Ring

rrose070

Tapae Rd, heading away from the old city.

Go past JJ's on your left.

maybe 100-200 m (maybe further) past there,

on your left is a small gem shop.

Owner is Iranian i think.

Cant remember the name of the place but it sounds Persian.

I bought wedding ring with diamond there.

As far as I can tell he was straight up & I liked his service.

We bought engagement ring and wedding ring from two separate jewellers in the Airport Central shopping complex so, so I would start your search there. We were pleased with quality and price. Happy hunting

I also bought the mrs engagement ring from airport central, i used the one near the escalators on the second floor basically above kfc as you walk in the entrance. Very good service and their after sales are very good, whenever we go past they always wave and every 2 months or so, we pop in and they clean the ring free of charge.

We got fantastic rings designed for us on the block at 114 Ratchapakinai Road. We went on the the net and found a design we liked - a Celtic band, which they had never done before. They told us that if we weren't happy then they would melt them down and try again. There was really no need as they came out looking fantastic. We got matching bands in 18 carat gold for 9000 baht, but that was 6 years ago - so the price of gold has gone up since then. Not sure how long it took, but no longer than a week.

Me again,

We have friends arriving from the states in about a week, and they want to find an engagement ring here. They've got about 5K USD to spend (!) And I was hoping someone could point us to an amazing, honest jeweler...

You can get very original designs and creations with premium quality gemstones at BLC Boutique on Charoenprathet Road between Loi Khro and Soi 6. The western designer is a graduate gemologist and is easy to communicate. I know he is doing many creations on order which is a good thing if you are looking for an original piece of jewelry.