Just Saw This In Thailand Homes & Condos

jimmybkk

Don't get mixed up with this one.......suddenly there are more complexes that are called 'Vogue'.

http://www.theshiningstargroup.com/commerc...mplex/vogue.htm

I think it is the same one, as the Shining Star guy owns that land with the big buildings on it in the OPs post. The difference may be different artist's impressions done at different stages.

The Shining Star guy is OK but his build quality sucks - see Royal Hill for example. Anyway this will never be built because he won't be able to pre-sell enough units to start work.

I don't think it's the same - the Shining Star one is on Soi Lengkee and is a low-rise. This one is two 33-storey towers near Pattaya Park and developed by Louis Properties.

What gets me is how could you even consider launching a project, or commencing an ad campaign without a website and operating from a Hotmail account? Quite amazing.

I don't think it's the same - the Shining Star one is on Soi Lengkee and is a low-rise. This one is two 33-storey towers near Pattaya Park and developed by Louis Properties.

What gets me is how could you even consider launching a project, or commencing an ad campaign without a website and operating from a Hotmail account? Quite amazing.

My confusion stems from that land near Pattaya Park, which is/WAS owned by Shining Star, but he may have sold it or JV'd it. Anyway I agree with you - no website and Hotmail address don't inspire confidence in their professionalism or their seriousness to build.

I've spent the last hour trying to find out anything to do with a "Louis" and "Property" in "Pattaya".

Only thing I can come up with is a Belgian business man with the middle name "Louis", who apparently arrived in June or early July. There was an article in the Pattaya People newspaper about a "Hi-So" party on 16 July which mentioned:

"Jean Louis Vella, a Belgian businessman who has recently arrived in Pattaya announced the joint venture with the well respected Pattaya based Construction Company Nic Ace Co. Ltd."

Funny though, a Pattaya Today article, dated 1 August 2008 (a mere 2 weeks later) mentions him and his new partner:

"TWO OF Pattaya’s long established business men have recently combined their individual companies to offer residents an unusually wide array of services. Long time French building maintenance company owner Mr. Nick of Nic Ace Services, is well known for the excellent service that he has provided to property owners in Pattaya for many decades. Likewise, Mr. Jean Louis Vella, is known in the real estate industry for offering a wide range of property services, via his Multi-Services Company. Both men have formed a partnership known as “Nic Ace & Multi Services” "

True to form perhaps, I can find a couple of "directory" listings for the "well known" Nic Ace Services company, but no website. Even less for the "well known" "Multi-Services Company".

But then again, how can you be that "well known" when apparently you've only been in Pattaya for a couple of months perhaps (at the time of the articles quoted above) ?

This may have nothing to do with the advertisement in question of course. Or maybe it does. Must be plenty of farangs named Louis in the property business in Pattaya ?

This looks like a pretty ambitious project. The one ocean view pic though, I was having a hard time thinking that was in the Jomtien area, then I noticed the fine print at the bottom of the pictures:

"All computer generated images are for illustrative purposes only and maybe subject to change"

Well, there is a website with an address, info email contact, and different phone number than in the linked advertisement. No other information of any kind at all though. (louispropertiesthailand.com)

Other searches turned up classified ads in Oct/Nov, looking for Marketing Manager, Sales and Book-keeping staff.

I don't know. After some of the recent articles about various property dealings in Pattaya, then seeing this one ?

I'll pass. (wouldn't have been interested any ways to tell the truth).

The 1-page pamphlet is of the poorest quality ever produced in real estate land.... :o

LaoPo

Thats true LaoPo, but the location is actually quite good and within walking distance of DongTan beach (which btw is great).

If they actually plan to build this I might consider investing.

(but it wont be thru a "100% GUARANTEE 100% GET RICH QUICK 100% RETURN" scheme hehehe)

We should go check it out one of these days.

The 1-page pamphlet is of the poorest quality ever produced in real estate land.... :o

LaoPo

Thats true LaoPo, but the location is actually quite good and within walking distance of DongTan beach (which btw is great).

If they actually plan to build this I might consider investing.

(but it wont be thru a "100% GUARANTEE 100% GET RICH QUICK 100% RETURN" scheme hehehe)

We should go check it out one of these days.

I used to be one of those horrid real estators selling off plan property to folk (not in LOS), and the only time i have ever known the guaranteed rental to actually exist was when the developer signed the entire development over to Great Western and there was a contract with them in place before signing the prelim. ageement.

As for lack of glossy brochure thats a refreshing change, the best development i ever sold the developer had no website, no secretary, a gmail account, and no glossy brochure but the clients were flipping with 60-80% profit within a year.

Besides the glory days of a property being for somewhere to live and not being an investment are coming back, just dont be silly enough to pay a developer 200% profit for building you a breeze block apartment in the sky.

just dont be silly enough to pay a developer 200% profit for building you a breeze block apartment in the sky

Thanks for the advise spiderman2, but dont worry. My investments are usually in Raimonland, Ananya and such quality. I dont buy "blimps" (I dont know the english slang for "luftkastellen" :o )

just dont be silly enough to pay a developer 200% profit for building you a breeze block apartment in the sky

Thanks for the advise spiderman2, but dont worry. My investments are usually in Raimonland, Ananya and such quality. I dont buy "blimps" (I dont know the english slang for "luftkastellen" :o )

I dont know if theyre etter quality or not, but some of the prices i see Raimonland selling for they most certainly are getting 100% + profits on each sale.