Re-entry Permit On A Tourist Visa?

Is it possible to get a re-entry permit on a 60 day tourist visa? Or are re-entry permits only for work visas and such. How much would that re-entry permit be?

I will enter Thailand with a 60 day tourist visa (that I will get in Korea). Then 7 days later I will go to south Laos with a friend. Then re-enter Thailand 7 days later and hope to stay in Thailand 40 days more.

So I am afraid that when I enter Laos it will kill my Thai tourist visa, then when I reenter Thailand I will get only 15 days under the new “land entry” rules.

Is it possible for me to get a re-entry permit on my 60 day Thai visa? How much. Maybe I should just get a double entry Thai visa ($30 each entry).

I don't want to try to get the Thai visa in Laos because I heard it is a real pain, and not even available in the 10,000 islands area.

Thanks,

Drew

Yes you can get a rentry permit at immigration (1000 baht). It will be issued with a validity equal to your permit to stay.

Getting a 2 entry visa will work also and the cost will be the same. Since you are going to get a visa anyway I would do that and save the time you will spend getting the re-entry permit.

Is it possible to get a re-entry permit on a 60 day tourist visa? Or are re-entry permits only for work visas and such. How much would that re-entry permit be?

Yes, a re-entry permit can be issued on a tourist visa, effectively "keeping alive" your initial period of stay when you leave Thailand and return. Single re-entry is THB 1,000, multiple re-entry is THB 3,800. At current exchange rates, that makes a single re-entry permit slightly more expensive than getting a double-entry tourist visa instead of a single-entry one. Add in the additional hassle of visiting Immigration to get the re-entry permit and I'd say the double-entry tourist visa is the clear winner.

Edited by KamnanT

Yes you can get a rentry permit at immigration (1000 baht). It will be issued with a validity equal to your permit to stay.

Getting a 2 entry visa will work also and the cost will be the same. Since you are going to get a visa anyway I would do that and save the time you will spend getting the re-entry permit.

Will they issue a double in Korea Joe?

Will they issue a double in Korea Joe?

I don't know. But my guess would be yes. Plus the OP mentioned it in his post, so I assumed he already knew the answer.

For reference you can get a re-entry permit on ANY visa type. :o

wai.gif

Yes, thanks, but do you get the re-entry permit at Soi 5/ Jomtien Immigration before you leave or what? I'm going to Cambodia Wednesday and I'd be interested to know... Thanks!

wai.gif

Can get at Immigration or the airport.