Postal Charges For Christmas Cards

hill16

Further to my thread earlier on places to get Christmas cards, I posted 6 today; four standard size and two a tiny bit taller. How much? 523baht!!!! Ouch! Apparently each card had a 55baht 'guaranteed delivery' charge. I would have thought that post should already be guaranteed to be delivered otherwise what's the point? I'm no Ebenezeer Scrooge but I don't reckon I'll be posting any more Christmas cards this year :D .

TIT :o

Regards,

Hill16

Yeah, posting overseas from Thailand is very expensive. You probably should have not bothered sending the cards by registered post and saved yourself 330Bt as the regular Thai postal service is reliable enough anyway.

As far as I'm aware the registered service does not guarantee delivery any quicker than the regular service. It just means you can track the item posted online on the Thai post office website (unless you send to UK, where the online tracking service doesn't work anyway).

Edited by thecatman

Further to my thread earlier on places to get Christmas cards, I posted 6 today; four standard size and two a tiny bit taller. How much? 523baht!!!! Ouch! Apparently each card had a 55baht 'guaranteed delivery' charge. I would have thought that post should already be guaranteed to be delivered otherwise what's the point? I'm no Ebenezeer Scrooge but I don't reckon I'll be posting any more Christmas cards this year :D .

TIT :o

Regards,

Hill16

I sent 12 a couple of days back and had to pay 24 baht per envelope--I thought that was high enough!

I posted 9 Christmas cards to the UK yesterday for 144 baht, a cost of 16 baht each , last year they charged me 8 baht each. Not much compared to the other prices on this forum but still a 100% increase.

Last year they all arrived in a week, so they went by air-mail.

I use USPS.com and their links to Click2Mail.com or Cardstore.com to send out things like Christmas cards from Thailand. I first used these services when I had a small business in the US and periodically sent promotional postcards to a 6000-name mailing list. These services are good money-savers and superb time-savers for small businesses using direct mail to keep in touch with customers and I found they work well for "personal" mailings, too.

You create your card on-line and merge it with your mailing list datafile and they print and mail the cards from various regional centers near the final destinations. All you need is a bit of computer skills and a credit card. I found they work just as well for a 50-name Christmas card mailing list as they did for a 6000-name customers mailing list. Yeah, the cards will lack a personal signature, but you have to ask yourself how much that is worth.