Need A Place For A Month In Cm

canuckamuck

Well times they are a changin; it looks like we are moving to Chiang Mai. We were wondering if anyone knew of a place that would rent out for a month while we look for a house. We don't need much, it's just the two of us, and we won't haul our belongings up there, until we have a house. Even a hotel that rents by the month would be good if it is reasonable. No sense paying four months rent for one month of living.

Nice place, monthly rates available:

http://www.viangbuamansion-chiangmai.com/

That place looks nice, how is the location? Is it near anything, I looked at the map and it seems a bit far away but I've only been to CM once so what do I know? :o

I've recommended Viangbua several times - having used it for many extended stays - and vouch for the fact that it is as nice as it looks....... along with excellent service and friendly staff. Some places are cheaper but IMO you get what you pay for at Viangbua.

That said, I think its location calls for having your own transport for a lengthy stay - it would be a 15-mins walk to the moat (north side) and then more to Thapae Gate etc - if that's part of what you mean by "near anything"?. Of course, tuks tuks & taxis are available.

But, as a base for a house-hunt (which I assume would benefit from use of a car?), I'd say it's hard to beat. BTW, there is currently a construction site on the "city-view" side - and "mountain view" rooms/apartments have generally been the better option even without that factor.

Why not try 'The Dome', recently opened, just off Huey Kaew not far from Kad Suan Kaew, at www.thedomechiangmai.com. It's approx 5000Baht/month for a 2-bed serviced apartment with fridge, TV, internet and security cams on all floors including the parking levels. I believe 10,000B per month for a suite with separate bedroom and a kitchenette. Nice with a restaurant downstairs. Hope this helps.

Why not try 'The Dome', recently opened, just off Huey Kaew not far from Kad Suan Kaew, at www.thedomechiangmai.com. It's approx 5000Baht/month for a 2-bed serviced apartment with fridge, TV, internet and security cams on all floors including the parking levels. I believe 10,000B per month for a suite with separate bedroom and a kitchenette. Nice with a restaurant downstairs. Hope this helps.

Thanks,but that link did not function. I will try to find the place when I get up there.

Thanks,but that link did not function. I will try to find the place when I get up there.

This link to the info and reviews on TripAdvisor might help.

And this link has email and telephone details.

No connection to the place, just in a helpful mood!

JxP