Washing Machine Repairs

davidgtr

Here’s a nice little story that might interest some of you, and also be of help should you experience a similar problem, and not necessarily with a washing machine.

Eleven months ago we bought a Zanussi washing machine from Siam TV / Electronic Plaza.

The machine has performed faultlessly with no complaints whatsoever until a few weeks ago, when the spin drier stopped working & draining the water properly.

Fortunately there was still 1 month left on the warranty & Siam TV sent out a “mechanic” to check the machine.

The machine was taken away & the diagnosis was that the timer was faulty & needed replacing, and we could have the machine back in a week.

Now 3 weeks later I was not very happy, especially with the service department's response that the parts had to be ordered from overseas via the Electrolux dealer in Bkk, and we would have to wait another month!

Not satisfied with this I returned to Siam TV Sales section and asked to buy a new Zanussi washing machine. I also asked how many were in stock, as I needed several machines, plus needed to know how long it would take to get new stock from Bkk. Their response was that they had 4 machines in stock & could get new ones from Bkk in 48 hrs.

At this point I asked for the manager & explained my position & complaint to him.

I also asked if they had 4 machines in stock & could get a new one from Bkk in 48 hrs, why could they not simply borrow a timer from one of the machines in stock & put it in our machine & they be ones to wait for the new parts from overseas.

It was something of a surprise then, when he immediately agreed to this & an employee was sent over to the service dept. to order them to do so.

I was very impressed, with the result being we will have our machine back tomorrow - in 24 hrs.

So if you ever get caught with some sort of household or electronic appliance & they claim that the parts must come from o/seas or Bangkok and you just have to wait, check what they have in stock & how long for a new one to be delivered, then ask them to replace the parts from the own stock, so that they have to wait for the parts & not you, the customer.