Second Retirement Extension In Pattaya Today

Just thought it might be worth mentioning that I got my second retirement extension based on cash in the bank today. No problems whatever, other than the Jomtien Immigration office being very busy, probably partly due to the holiday on Wednesday. Two points may be worth noting:

• The police captain who checks the paperwork the second time was very interested in my address. She had me spell out that I live in Jomtien Complex Condotel, rather than its postal address of 414 Moo 12, Thanon Thappraya. I've heard rumours that there may be a crackdown coming on farangs who own more than one condo and rent them out without paying tax. Nothing substantial, just gossip over the past few months from people whom I have met in bars.

• I had the 800K Baht for 3 months in an SCB fixed term (3 months) deposit account this time, rather than in my savings account as I did last year, so I received over 4000 Baht in interest for my trouble. Whoopee! Don't knock it, every Baht helps these days. The Immigration officer didn't bat an eyelid at the account, so at least in Pattaya it's fine to use this route to save your self some lost interest.

So I'm all set now to stay in LOS until the start of 2010. Whoopee! I've got to congratulate Pattaya Immigration on providing a very pleasant place and an efficient service. My total time spent with the police officers was less than 15 minutes. Due to the number of people (and the fact that some of them evidently hadn't brought the right documentation with them, tut, tut, don't they follow Thai Visa?) I had to wait about 35 minutes yesterday and 25 minutes today (they take your passport overnight, evidently to cross-check with the police in Soi 9) before it was my turn to see the officers. I gather that this is trivial compared with the wait in some other offices? No complaints at all.

Anyway, Merry Christmas and all the best for 2009 to everyone, and thanks to all the posters who helped me sort my first retirement application out last year. Once you've done it once, it's really simple.

P.S. Last year I posted a checklist of what you need if you follow the cash in bank route. It's still valid (and I found it very useful), apart from the requirement now to show proof of address. I hope somebody else will find it useful.

CHECKLIST

Hi Guderian, can you please clarify the part about needing to show proof of address now, I live with my thai wife in a house we built a few years ago. I'm not on any house documents, how do I prove where I live?

I can't give you a definite answer to that, as I rent a condo and all I had to do was give them a copy of the lease. Last year, if my memory serves me well, they simply looked at the lease and then handed it back to me. This year it was stapled together with all the other paperwork and they kept it.

I don't pay much attention to the matter of house ownership, as it doesn't apply to me, and I have no idea what the documents people talk about are (tabien bahn, etc.). I can only suggest that you search on this forum, or else post a specific question. I'm pretty sure that it's been answered before.

Guderian,

Just thought I'd ask the question, as you'd mentioned it in your posting. I'll post it up myself, when the current extension expires - the way things are going, the rules might have changed several times by then!

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

WeeGB, perhaps your wife should submit the form TM.30 “NOTIFICATION FROM FOR HOUSE-MASTER, OWNER OR THE POSSESSOR OF THE RESIDENCE WHERE ALIEN HAS STAYED” to the immigration within 24 hours next time you arrive to stay in her house. Then, if you are asked for proof of address when you apply for your extension of stay you give them a letter from your wife, in Thai, confirming that you stay at that address as reported to the immigration office on date so-and-so.

--

Maestro

I think that I might have a problem with proving where I live for my first report. My GF rents the house that I stay in and the owner lives in Denmark I pay the rent to her sister all the utility bills are address to the owner but I pay them, are there any suggestions what I need to get to proof that I live here I have plenty of time before I need to report

I think that I might have a problem with proving where I live for my first report. My GF rents the house that I stay in and the owner lives in Denmark I pay the rent to her sister all the utility bills are address to the owner but I pay them, are there any suggestions what I need to get to proof that I live here I have plenty of time before I need to report

I'm afraid that I can't give you a reliable answer. I think your question has become buried and lost in this thread. I suggest you start a new thread to ask it. People here are usually very helpful, provided they actually see your query.

Regards.

Only Pattaya seem to be asking for this.

Have you a bank in Thailand? Ask them for a statement with your name and address on it.

How about a letter from someone important who may know you. Phu Yai Baan? Police?

Only Pattaya seem to be asking for this.

Have you a bank in Thailand? Ask them for a statement with your name and address on it.

How about a letter from someone important who may know you. Phu Yai Baan? Police?

Yes i have a couple of bank accounts I was also thinking about getting a telephone from TOT in my name if I can would that be acceptable to immigration as proof I do not no of anybody of importance in Pattaya