Thai Visa Website Visit, World Economy And Thai Politics

richard10365

I imagine the Thai Visa website has been keeping records of the number of visits for a while now. By now, I imagine they can easily see trends in visits to their website that are directly related to events in Thailand such as the tsunami and when Thaskin was overthrown. I'm guessing there were great spikes (increases) in visits to the website.

My question is, with the world economy declining the way it is, is there a trend that is discernible when you look at the number of visits to the website that would suggest interest in Thailand is down somewhat in relation to what is happening in the world economy? Or, are Thai politics increasing the number of visits to the website?

I know this is a strange question but I am studying Macroeconomics this semester and I guess it has me wondering about things.

Thanks for your help.

Not sure, but that may be the kind of "proprietary" information that website owners may (or may not) want published, as it could relate to advertising revenue.

You may be able to look at a site like Alexa.com (?) that provides statistics on popularity of various websites ? That would/should also give you comparison data which would allow you to determine if other sites are effected in the same manner, by global and regional events.

(I keep my macros safely tucked away in the spreadsheets, zipped tight and very economical.) :o

Those stats certainly show a spike in the late-November/early-December period, during the recent political (and airport) crisis.

Tried searching for some other Thailand based web boards. Not many make it onto that site.

(I did notice that Big Boards has a rather large collection of smileys that are convertible to emoticons though.............) :o