Abhisit Vejjajiva Elected New Prime Minister Of Thailand

george

Who cares if Abhisit joined the army or not, actually this guy is so cunning and treacherous he probably did the army a favor by not joining.

We have a much more important news, Abhisit finally admits he stole the power from the people of Thailand.

From the Far Eastern Economic Review

http://www.feer.com/free-interviews/20098/...t-for-democracy

FEER :Are you considering of going to the people and having a general election?

Abhisit :I think if we can get the economy rolling again, if we achieve a more stable environment as far as the supporters of either side are concerned, then I will look for the appropriate time to return the power to the people.

FEER : You don't have any timeframe in mind?

Abhisit : I don't think that I should have a timeframe. We need to look at the situation and I will pick a time when it is appropriate.

What an arrogant prick, it can't be more clear !

Accepting that you dont like the dude, however he didnt steal power from anyone. Fact is in a parliamentary democracy like Thailand the people do not elect the government. They elect the parliamnet who then choose the government. That is parliamentary democracy. The parliament chose Abhisit this time. Either Abhisit can chose when to hold an election or the parliament can toss him now. Reality.

When there was no outright majority won by any party after the last general election, nobody complained when all the little parties formed a government with PPP after pledging not to before the election. Coaliton governments are like this. The parliament can choose to change things again when it wants and lets be honest Somchai had an opportunity to call an election and stymie the Dems but he didnt.

Thailand does not have a presidential system.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to mention that Mark said exactly the right thing ...

1) You don't pick a 'time frame' in advance when the economy is upset ...

2) You do pick a time when it is appropriate

(and 3) --- The guy is the elected PM ... but explaining that to people that want the return of corruption is nigh unto impossible!

Not to mention that Mark said exactly the right thing ...

1) You don't pick a 'time frame' in advance when the economy is upset ...

2) You do pick a time when it is appropriate

(and 3) --- The guy is the elected PM ... but explaining that to people that want the return of corruption is nigh unto impossible!

You're a joke ! It didn't stop your yellow friends to close the airport. From the same interview :

FEER : And the impact on tourism is partially due to the global downturn and partially due to factors here.

Abhisit : If you look at the numbers, the number of tourist began to decline in the third quarter, and that was even before the airport incidents.

FEER : But surely it didn't help

Abhisit : Of course it didn't help [quick laugh] …

And regarding the "election" :

FEER : But you've been quoted as saying you came to power under parliamentary procedures, but in terms of the spirit of democracy...

Abhisit : I take the cue from the Westminster model and people say if parliament expresses its will that is the spirit of democracy.

A crook politician at his best ...

FEER : Going back to the way you came to power: some are saying it's a coup by another name. How do you respond to that?

I'll spare you the answer, enough BS for today, but I'm far from the only one thinking "Mark" came to power in a very undemocratic way.

Hmmm you seem to have failed to post his reply ... but again you seem to be barely cognizant of the rules when it comes to parliamentary governments ... you seem to only wish a return to Thaksin's human rights abuses .. mass murders in the South, killings of innocents during the "war on drugs" and vote buying on a scale massive enough to get entire parties disbanded.

Hmmm you seem to have failed to post his reply ... but again you seem to be barely cognizant of the rules when it comes to parliamentary governments ... you seem to only wish a return to Thaksin's human rights abuses .. mass murders in the South, killings of innocents during the "war on drugs" and vote buying on a scale massive enough to get entire parties disbanded.

And you seem to be barely cognizant (I like this word, I should try to use it more often) of the rules of democracy. Should the USA had the same constitution that had (so conveniently !) entire parties disbanded, both Republican and Democrats would be history by now. I believe too that, since the Democrat senator Blagojevich has been found guilty and Mr Obama is himself a Democrat, Mr Obama would have been the shortest ruling president in the history of the USA.

And regarding human rights, freedom of expression, ..., Mr Abhisit has been here for less than two month but he seems right on track to set new records ...

And you seem to be barely cognizant (I like this word, I should try to use it more often) of the rules of democracy. Should the USA had the same constitution that had (so conveniently !) entire parties disbanded, both Republican and Democrats would be history by now. I believe too that, since the Democrat senator Blagojevich has been found guilty and Mr Obama is himself a Democrat, Mr Obama would have been the shortest ruling president in the history of the USA.

And regarding human rights, freedom of expression, ..., Mr Abhisit has been here for less than two month but he seems right on track to set new records ...

1) The USA is not a parliamentary democracy (yes you proved my point! Thankyouverymuch) and Thailand isn't the USA :o

2) Human rights? Mark? Exactly what has he done wrong on human rights? Maybe you will talk about the Rohingya here ... he has addressed the issue and is continuing to look into it. Is he responsible for anything on the order of TakBai? The 2600+ extra-judicial killings under Thaksin? anything close?

oh crap ... nope he's not!

(next?)

1) The USA is not a parliamentary democracy (yes you proved my point! Thankyouverymuch) and Thailand isn't the USA :o

2) Human rights? Mark? Exactly what has he done wrong on human rights? Maybe you will talk about the Rohingya here ... he has addressed the issue and is continuing to look into it. Is he responsible for anything on the order of TakBai? The 2600+ extra-judicial killings under Thaksin? anything close?

oh crap ... nope he's not!

(next?)

1) So let's talk about the UK, where you good friend "Mark" come from. (You're really on a first name basis with Abhi ?)

- http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7857287.stm

- http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7859210.stm

And the best : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7850095.stm

Do you think any of these stories (and it's only the most recent ones) will lead to the dissolution of either the Labour or the Conservative's party ?

2) Human rights? Abhisit has "addressed the issue"? I feel so much better now ! But it seems you conveniently forgot the part about "freedom of expression"

LOL

Pier-rot

Do you think those cases 1) a guy hired his son to do research (and had to apologize and repay it)

and 2) someone that said they were doing business in the UK but wasn't made a donation (so the money had to be returned) are the same as party officers (not MP's but party leaders) committing electoral fraud?

BTW --- Thailand isn't the UK ... and even in the UK electoral fraud on the scale committed by TRT and co. would kill a party :o

Freedom of expression ------ has Mark or the Demos been as hard on freedom of expression as Thaksin was? Thaksin sued everybody all the time for things said in the papers. Nice that you just whitewashed all of your buddy Thaksin's stuff though!

It is good that we have sorted out that:

Thailand has a parliamentary system where governments can be changed democratically by parliament

Abhisit has a long long way to go to even come near matching the human rights abuses of Thaksin

The red shirts, Thaksinistas and their supporters are getting angrier and grasping at spurious and unfounded allegations to throw at the government. Quite why they dont just wait 6 months or so until the government has done some things wrong and then attack based on these I am not sure. What next? They'll probably be claiming all Thai men must serve in the military :o

Why all this anger on the day the red shirts are going to turn out millions at Sanam Luang? Surely it is a time for them to be revelling in the words of their glorious omnipotent leadership on what true democracy is.

LOL

Pier-rot

Do you think those cases 1) a guy hired his son to do research (and had to apologize and repay it)

and 2) someone that said they were doing business in the UK but wasn't made a donation (so the money had to be returned) are the same as party officers (not MP's but party leaders) committing electoral fraud?

Sure, it can't beat a PM fired for hosting a cooking show :o

BTW --- Thailand isn't the UK ... and even in the UK electoral fraud on the scale committed by TRT and co. would kill a party :D

You forgot the last one, the four Peers who were prepared to amend laws in return for cash. Always very selective in our reading, are we jdinasia? :D

Freedom of expression ------ has Mark or the Demos been as hard on freedom of expression as Thaksin was? Thaksin sued everybody all the time for things said in the papers. Nice that you just whitewashed all of your buddy Thaksin's stuff though!

Absolutely right. Thaksin was after after one of the most corrupt man Thailand has ever known, and, knowing what happen later, with good reasons. Abhisit is trying to shut down the access to information for the all nation. They definitively not playing in the same league!

Edited by Pierrot

The PM was free to come back (Samak) but he LIED about income from the cooking show and was guilty of conflict of interest. He was not banned from politics for that (even though he was under indictment over the bus thing .. or was it firetruck .. I forget) and his party was not penalized.

Yes I quit looking at your posted news articles after the first 2 were totally unrelated to your claims (as are the rest .. as is Samak)

It is good that we have sorted out that:

Thailand has a parliamentary system where governments can be changed democratically by parliament

Nobody discuss this point. What is not acceptable is the harassment and constant bullying the parliament had to endure before making the "right choice". At least be honest and accept the fact that the arm of the parliament was twisted in a very undemocratic way to obtain the government Thailand now has. After that, it's honestly very difficult for the current government to talk of "human rights".

Abhisit has a long long way to go to even come near matching the human rights abuses of Thaksin

The red shirts, Thaksinistas and their supporters are getting angrier and grasping at spurious and unfounded allegations to throw at the government. Quite why they dont just wait 6 months or so until the government has done some things wrong and then attack based on these I am not sure. What next? They'll probably be claiming all Thai men must serve in the military :o

Why all this anger on the day the red shirts are going to turn out millions at Sanam Luang? Surely it is a time for them to be revelling in the words of their glorious omnipotent leadership on what true democracy is.

Regarding the Red Shirts, since it has been accepted that a mob can defeat a democratically elected government ...For they sow the wind, and they reap the whirlwind...

Pierrot --- are you honestly saying that political pressure on MP's (that you claim but nobody else does) are "human rights" issues on a scale with TakBai and the "War on Drugs" in Thailand?

Yes, I'm honestly saying that political pressure on MP are "human rights" issues. It's an "human right" in a democracy to chose its government. I strongly suggest you talk with people in Burma, North Korea or Zimbabwe, I'm quite confident they will agree with me.

For the war on drug, pls refer to the following thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Australian-T...gg-t235393.html

Differents people, differents opinion.

Edited by Pierrot

Pierrot --- are you honestly saying that political pressure on MP's (that you claim but nobody else does) are "human rights" issues on a scale with TakBai and the "War on Drugs" in Thailand?

Yes, I'm honestly saying that political pressure on MP are "human rights" issues. It's an "human right" in a democracy to chose its government. I strongly suggest you talk with people in Burma, North Korea or Zimbabwe, I'm quite confident they will agree with me.

You have to be joking!

(and totally clueless about the parliamentary system of government not to mention ANY Democracy!)

You think that small parties switching sides in a parliamentary system is the same as killing 1000's in extra-judicial murders! Amazing!

The members of parliament CHOSE the government just like they always do .. you really need to get out more!

You think that small parties switching sides in a parliamentary system is the same as killing 1000's in extra-judicial murders! Amazing!

Where did I say that ? I'm always looking for ways to improve my english, but here I believe it's more your poor understanding of logic ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical ) than my english that is to blame

Pierrot

You have been saying "human rights" in reference to Abhisit and ducking the issues about Thaksin .. what else should people think?

Pierrot

You have been saying "human rights" in reference to Abhisit and ducking the issues about Thaksin .. what else should people think?

Because this thread is about Abhisit. Come one, one day Thailand will have to learn to live without Thaksin, as a PM or as a scapegoat.

Hi :o

Just saw (on TV) the pile of red shirted sheep marching from Sanam Luang toward government house - and a FARANG marching amidst, including red shirt!

I wonder if they pay more for farang to join..??

What's the laws regarding foreigners getting involved in political activities, specifically anti-government?

Kind regards......

Thanh

Hi :D

Just saw (on TV) the pile of red shirted sheep marching from Sanam Luang toward government house - and a FARANG marching amidst, including red shirt!

What's the laws regarding foreigners getting involved in political activities, specifically anti-government?

Kind regards......

Thanh

How any farang would be stupid enough to get involved, is beyond me :D

Especially when there is a good chance of violence occurring.

If he gets a good hiding, its his own fault. Stay out of other peoples business :o

Ah .. our "journalist" is here ... Yes .. please note that Mark has not hidden from the Rohingya problem .. nor denied it.

he hasn't done enough.

like a policeman standing by while a someone is being bashed and not chasing and arresting the attackers. but the attackers are Marks boss so his reluctance to do his job properly is understandable

Edited by mc2

Hi :D

Kind regards......

Thanh

If he gets a good hiding, its his own fault. Stay out of other peoples business :o

My wife wanted to go to the rally , I talked her out of it. However if she was insistent I would have gone, only to give her some support and security against the very real threat of violence by the army, police or PAD terrorists.

Good-looking man, but is he good? Good-looking does not mean good.

For all those who are quick to criticize Thaksin, it remains that he did support the poor. He put the North of Thailand on the map of tourists and helped that the citizen of that city. Was it to get cotes? Sure, but he did it! Was it malicious? Not totally. Anyway, it seems that this guy belongs to the elite (education abroad and all) and as such will likely help out his peers. If not, they will force him somehow. Very primal all of this. Are humans great creatures? Anyway, will he also pocket a few extra Bahts like it seems Thaksin did? Will he support all the people of Thailand and maybe the poorest more? Time will tell.

All in all, I am not sure the average poor Thai will be out of HIS or HER woods though. But, then, I would be happy if this guy can prove me wrong.

Maybe he has Thai citizenship :D

In addition to not understanding how a parliamentary system works, you also don't understand how the party dissolution system works. Gov. Blagojevich was not a Democrat Party Leader. His rebuke yesterday where he was removed from office would have absolutely no effect on the Democrat Party as a whole under the Party dissolution laws here.

Perhaps if you spent more time getting acquainted with how the various systems and laws work here instead of expounding misinformation and unequal analogies, it would save on every one having to respond and correct your inaccuracies.