Abhisit Vejjajiva Elected New Prime Minister Of Thailand

george

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^And a lot of what they say is expressed in such a ham-fisted way that the gibberish undermines their own case as well.

Internet forums have given a voice to the masses that they never had before. Unfortunately, there was a good reason why they should have remained silent.

Don't "buy" my point of view? I can't care less, it's not my job to satisfy all kinds of audience.

Why present a point of view (thousands of times) on a Forum then? Forums are hardly the location for folk who don't care about whether they persuade others or not.

Thats what Blogs are for. ........There one can rant away unchallenged. Sounds fair dinkum to me (I presume you are an Aussie !)

Hmmmm that explains why you do all these senseless exchanges and why you don't seem to see what the rest of the people that are are NOT wearing blinders can see.

We have our very own Rush !

^And a lot of what they say is expressed in such a ham-fisted way that the gibberish undermines their own case as well.

Internet forums have given a voice to the masses that they never had before. Unfortunately, there was a good reason why they should have remained silent.

Quite. The increased competition reduces the pay-rates, for honest hard-working journalists ! :o

I just posted a two line update on red shirt developments. Journalist is dragging it for the whole page now without really saying anything except he is not persuaded.

Persuaded by what? Democrat cause? I haven't said anything about that, I just said that the old thug Kwanchai split with DTV crew and vowed to pursue his violent ways on his own.

I guess it's the word "violent" that ticked Journalist off. Apparently I can't say that without equally condemning right wing fascist terrorists even if they are not in any way related to latest Kwanchai activities.

Apparently I can't call Kwanchai what he is because it's politically incorrect, because of the need for "balance".

Apparently it's somehow my duty to please Journalist and earn his approval.

Yeah, right.

I just posted a two line update on red shirt developments. Journalist is dragging it for the whole page now without really saying anything except he is not persuaded.

You said he vowed to keep bashing people, I quote......... 'for fun'.

Which I can't find anywhere - you simply made that up. You can't even report a two line update without kakking it up

The discussion then segued into a futile discussion of what is the point of being on a webforum if one isn't trying to persuade or enlighten? Dear Plus, you say you're not here to persuade anyone of your point of view and you're clearly not here feeling open to persuasion. So why are you here?

Dear Plus, you say you're not here to persuade anyone of your point of view and you're clearly not here feeling open to persuasion. So why are you here?

I didn't say "anyone". In this case I'm not here to persuade you, in particular.

If you can't comprehend why I used "for fun" when talking about Kwanchai vowing to continue without payment I'm not going to waste time trying to explain it.

Now, I, myself, gave an update on Kwanchai, I can present it in any way I like. If I wanted to stricly follow Nation's report I would have posted the link, but this is a forum, people put up their own opinions and their own "spin", if you wish.

If you can't comprehend why I used "for fun" when talking about Kwanchai vowing to continue without payment I'm not going to waste time trying to explain it.

"He vowed to continue the violence regardless, just for the fun of it."

I do comprehend why you said it. You don't need to explain to me why you fabricate, invent and make up quotes.

Its because the world has to be reshaped where necessary to fit your political outlook.

Its because you aren't capable of reporting even a 'vow' of less than ten words without getting it factually wrong.

Yes, you used "for fun" ...he didn't. It wasn't part of his vow. "Duzznt matter" will be your reply. But it does matter - its not semantics. If you can't get it right first time, then don't get upset or irate when challenged or asked for clarification.

It will bear no fruits if you 2 hijack this forum and behave like 2 children fighting over a freebie toy in the cereal box. I believe the subject in discussion here is about Mark.

Why don't you 2 settle over a pint of guniness and make it up.

Edited by DaleBlue

Guy's, special Journalist and Plus, stop with the argument.

This is a political discussion and NOT a personal fight.

Everybody has the right of his own view and a forum like this is a place for to show the own view to the audience. Fundamental critic is every time fine and ok but should never start to be an personal argument.

This is an public warning for to get you back on track. If you need to argue each other, please do NOT use the public forum for to do so, you can use the message system of your own e-mail.

Regards.

I'd rather happily return to two pages back when I posted MY own update on Kwanchai.

I have no idea why it was challenged by Journalist and why he wasted a whole day chasing it, but he did it.

Reimar, you can delete all subsequent posts by me and Journalist, they added absolutely nothing to the topic.

From TOC

PM Undisturbed by Exiled PM’s Verbal Attacks on Government

UPDATE : 23 January 2009

The Army chief has declined to hit back following exiled Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra's criticism calling him the puppet of a powerful group. However, the Army chief insists he has been doing everything for the best benefit of the country.

Meanwhile, the prime minister is not worried about reported attempts by the ousted PM to sabotage the current Democrats-coalition government.

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said before leaving for the Lao People's Democratic Republic that he is paying no attention to an interview that ousted and self-exiled Premier Thaksin Shinawatra gave with the Japanese press, in which Thaksin stated that the Democrat Party was able to form the government because it has received help from the Army and the Privy Council.

While suggesting that such an attack should cause no harm to his administration, Abhisit stated that the people of Thailand are well aware that the current government came into power constitutionally and there is no need for any formal government statement to clarify the issue.

At the same time, the PM urged Thaksin to return to Thailand to fight the corruption charges against him and pledged to carry out all investigations and treat all cases against Thaksin and his supporters under the code of law and the rules of democracy.

Meanwhile, Commander-in-Chief, General Anupong Paochinda declined to comment on ousted Prime Minister Thaksin's claims that the Army Chief has been the puppet of a powerful group.

General Anupong insisted that all his decisions have been based on the interest of Thailand and on righteousness and appropriateness, with no intent to attack anyone.

Democrat Party Chief Adviser, Chuan Leekpai said Thailand has to protect the institutions that have been attacked by Thaksin, particularly the court of justice which is the main institution of the country.

Chuan stated that the court of justice works justly, impartially, and has never been used as a tool for politicians. He added that those who believe the Democrat Party has come to power unlawfully can file a complaint, in line with the legal framework.

The Democrat's chief adviser went on to say that the previous governments had no principles in administering the country. He said shootings and murders occurred almost every day.

He announced that the opposition may have been unable to stabilise since the Democrats came into power, so their grudges have caused them to react like this both inside and outside Parliament.

Deputy Prime minister in charge of national security, Suthep Thaugsuban, stated that Thaksin's comment referred to Thailand's three most important institutes, which could be considered unlawful under several articles in Thai law.

Suthep added that related agencies will scrutinise his interview and will file charges against him, should any of the content of Thaksin's interview be considered illegal. He also commented that the more Thaksin talks, the more tainted he will become.

PM's Office Minister, Sathit Wongnongtoey said Thaksin's movements will not affect the performance of the Democrat-led government. However, he said the movements will add more problems to the country's situation, which has begun to improve.

He insisted that Thaksin's speech was slander against Thailand's important institutes such as the Privy Council and the court of justice.

Sathit believes that if Thaskin chooses to cease his movements, the red-shirt Democratic Alliance against Dictatorship would do so too.

Head of the Office of the Statesman Foundation and close aide of Privy Council President General Prem Tinsulanonda, Vice Admiral Pajun Tamprateep พะจุณณ์ ตามประทีป, said General Prem would not give any significance to or be shaken by Thaksin's comment because none of the privy councillors were involved in the formation of the Democrat-led administration as claimed by the ousted PM.

Vice Admiral Pajun stated that he will allow Thaksin to continue talking until he is broke. Then Thaksin will stop talking.

From TOC

The Army chief has declined to hit back following exiled Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra's criticism calling him the puppet of a powerful group. However, the Army chief insists he has been doing everything for the best benefit of the country.

Meanwhile, the prime minister is not worried about reported attempts by the ousted PM to sabotage the current Democrats-coalition government.

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said before leaving for the Lao People's Democratic Republic that he is paying no attention to an interview that ousted and self-exiled Premier Thaksin Shinawatra gave with the Japanese press, in which Thaksin stated that the Democrat Party was able to form the government because it has received help from the Army and the Privy Council.

While suggesting that such an attack should cause no harm to his administration, Abhisit stated that the people of Thailand are well aware that the current government came into power constitutionally and there is no need for any formal government statement to clarify the issue.

At the same time, the PM urged Thaksin to return to Thailand to fight the corruption charges against him and pledged to carry out all investigations and treat all cases against Thaksin and his supporters under the code of law and the rules of democracy.

Meanwhile, Commander-in-Chief, General Anupong Paochinda declined to comment on ousted Prime Minister Thaksin's claims that the Army Chief has been the puppet of a powerful group.

General Anupong insisted that all his decisions have been based on the interest of Thailand and on righteousness and appropriateness, with no intent to attack anyone.

Democrat Party Chief Adviser, Chuan Leekpai said Thailand has to protect the institutions that have been attacked by Thaksin, particularly the court of justice which is the main institution of the country.

Chuan stated that the court of justice works justly, impartially, and has never been used as a tool for politicians. He added that those who believe the Democrat Party has come to power unlawfully can file a complaint, in line with the legal framework.

The Democrat's chief adviser went on to say that the previous governments had no principles in administering the country. He said shootings and murders occurred almost every day.

He announced that the opposition may have been unable to stabilise since the Democrats came into power, so their grudges have caused them to react like this both inside and outside Parliament.

Deputy Prime minister in charge of national security, Suthep Thaugsuban, stated that Thaksin's comment referred to Thailand's three most important institutes, which could be considered unlawful under several articles in Thai law.

Suthep added that related agencies will scrutinise his interview and will file charges against him, should any of the content of Thaksin's interview be considered illegal. He also commented that the more Thaksin talks, the more tainted he will become.

PM's Office Minister, Sathit Wongnongtoey said Thaksin's movements will not affect the performance of the Democrat-led government. However, he said the movements will add more problems to the country's situation, which has begun to improve.

He insisted that Thaksin's speech was slander against Thailand's important institutes such as the Privy Council and the court of justice.

Sathit believes that if Thaskin chooses to cease his movements, the red-shirt Democratic Alliance against Dictatorship would do so too.

Head of the Office of the Statesman Foundation and close aide of Privy Council President General Prem Tinsulanonda, Vice Admiral Pajun Tamprateep พะจุณณ์ ตามประทีป, said General Prem would not give any significance to or be shaken by Thaksin's comment because none of the privy councillors were involved in the formation of the Democrat-led administration as claimed by the ousted PM.

Vice Admiral Pajun stated that he will allow Thaksin to continue talking until he is broke. Then Thaksin will stop talking.

Ignoring T is by far the best strategy they could have. Its all over for T, all thats left for him to do is talk. Pretty soon, people are just going to stop listening.

From TOC

Ignoring T is by far the best strategy they could have. Its all over for T, all thats left for him to do is talk. Pretty soon, people are just going to stop listening.

I wouldn't count Mr T out yet. Using an analogy of a toxic snake, even when its head is cut off, it still has the capability of biting things near it. I wouldn't say that Toxin is even near the decapitation stage yet and so still has a lot of venom and bile to spit out. A dangerous beast when cornered for sure. :o

Reds have embarassed Chiang Mai again yesterday by disrupting Pradit (of Ruam Jai) visit to a temple. "Democracy loving" bandits stop-searched the cars but Pradit managed to escape the blockade.

Udon Thani's redneck leader Kwanchai recently went to Bangkok begging for money and couldn't get any from PTP bosses and he couldn't meet Thaksin's sister to beg directly. He vowed to continue the violence regardless, just for the fun of it. What a dedicated thug!

His split with DTV group might actually help in propping up their own image.

Imageaspx453532.jpg

PTP MP Chalerm Yoobamrung and "We Love Udon" Leader Kwanchai Praipana

Thailand: Protect Opposition Rallies From Attack

(New York, July 26, 2008) Thai authorities should ensure that opposition political rallies are protected from attack by pro-government groups, Human Rights Watch said today.

Since late May 2008, pro-government groups have attacked about a dozen rallies across Thailand organized by the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD), a coalition of groups critical of the government.

On July 24, 2008, in the most serious incident to date, police stood by while pro-government thugs beat and critically injured at least 13 PAD supporters and destroyed public property at a rally in Udon Thani province.

"Thai authorities have failed to protect their citizens' basic right to peaceful assembly," said Elaine Pearson, Deputy Asia Director at Human Rights Watch.

"By allowing pro-government thugs free rein to unleash violence, the authorities are putting Thailand's fragile democracy at risk. Officials should investigate these attacks and hold to account those responsible for the violence, as well as any officials who failed to stop it."

On July 24, Kwanchai Praipana and Uthai Saenkaew, the younger brother of Deputy Agriculture Minister Theerachai Saenkaew, led some 1,000 members of the pro-government Khon Rak Udorn Club to forcibly break up a peaceful rally of about 200 PAD supporters at Nong Prajak public park in Muang district, Udon Thani province. Local radio station FM 97.5 reportedly urged pro-government supporters to carry out violence against the rally. Pro-government supporters were armed with swords, axes, knives, iron clubs, wooden clubs, and slingshots.

News footage and eyewitness accounts show that local authorities made no effort to stop the violence. Some 500 police and district defense volunteers at the rally did not try to perform their duties even when thugs beat PAD supporters nearly to death right in front of them. And they made no attempt to arrest those who destroyed property at the rally.

Since May 25, tens of thousands of people have joined the PAD in rallies in Bangkok and across the country to express opposition for the administration of Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej. The PAD has accused the government of corruption, abuse of power, and being unpatriotic, among other criticisms. Although the PAD often uses strong language to criticize the government and has staged lengthy roadblocks in Bangkok, most of its activities have been peaceful.

On at least 11 occasions in Bangkok, Udon Thani, Sakon Nakhon, Chiang Mai, Sisaket, Chiang Rai, Maha Sarakham, and Buriram provinces, pro-government groups that are often associated with members of parliament from the ruling party have attacked PAD supporters, causing scores of injuries and damaging public property. In one instance, at a PAD rally in Maha Sarakham province on July 23, former Senator Karun Sai-Ngarm was on the stage when he was hit in the face with a marble from a slingshot and had to be rushed to hospital.

To date Thai authorities have failed to take action against those responsible for the attacks. In some cases, local police and provincial governors have promised to investigate the attacks and arrest those responsible but there is no evidence that this has occurred.

"The government of Prime Minister Samak should uphold the right to peaceful assembly as a basic component of democracy guaranteed in the Thai Constitution," said Pearson.

- Human Rights Watch News and Reuters

1204253017DSC01959.jpg

Kwanchai Phraipana (left) and an unidentified rabble-rouser

Kwanchai's image of himself...
Imageaspxreww.jpg

Poster for Kwanchai Praipana

meets reality...

551000009465201.jpg

In a related development, Kwanchai Praipana, leader of the Lovers of Udon group, continued to attack Nattawut and Jatuporn Promphan, an MP of the opposition Pheu Thai Party, after the politicians belittled him recently.

Kwanchai said red-shirts from 30 provinces would hold a separate rally on January 31 independently of the DAAD.

He also warned Thaksin not to be fooled by people around him like Nattawut and urged the former premier to learn from his past betrayal by people close to him. Kwanchai also said Thaksin should not phone in too often as he would end up having nothing left to say and people in his group would lose interest.

The more Thaksin speaks, the closer the scrutiny he will receive from his enemies, Kwanchai warned.

The Nation / today

Yes, God Forbid Koo82 or others would be overly staunch Thaksin supporters or you would have to question their side..uh..wait, what?

Get off my back!

I love Khun Thaksin. He knows how to make money and knows how to develop Thailand. The current bunch only destroys (blocked and financing nuts to block airports) and borrows money. They only make the same group rich and at the same time look down upon the poor.

I'm surprised after they knocked Khun Thaksin, on many tv channels, they talked about sufficient economy. This is dam good. The poor should be happy with whatever sh_t they are having. The rich will still live their good lives. Let's be happy with what we have and do not fight for our rights including voting rights.

They talked on Truth Today, MTtv and DTV that Abhisit's government donated canned fish, rice and blanket to people.

Canned fish: rotten

Rice: bags of 4kg instead of 5

Blanket: are they blankets or mossie nets? When Truth Today people can find the said blanket, they'll show on tv for us all to view.

This party always says other parties corrupt.

1204253017DSC01959.jpg

Kwanchai Phraipana (left) and an unidentified rabble-rouser

Kwanchai's image of himself...
Imageaspxreww.jpg

Poster for Kwanchai Praipana

meets reality...

551000009465201.jpg

In a related development, Kwanchai Praipana, leader of the Lovers of Udon group, continued to attack Nattawut and Jatuporn Promphan, an MP of the opposition Pheu Thai Party, after the politicians belittled him recently.

Kwanchai said red-shirts from 30 provinces would hold a separate rally on January 31 independently of the DAAD.

He also warned Thaksin not to be fooled by people around him like Nattawut and urged the former premier to learn from his past betrayal by people close to him. Kwanchai also said Thaksin should not phone in too often as he would end up having nothing left to say and people in his group would lose interest.

The more Thaksin speaks, the closer the scrutiny he will receive from his enemies, Kwanchai warned.

The Nation / 2009-01-25

*sounds like a rift in the red-shirts between the Kwanchai's and Jakrapob's and the Nattawut's and Jatuporn's*

20080729-111055-_69_.jpg

Kwanchai Praipana

249844c2.jpg

Jakrapob Penkair

adisorn08.jpg

Adisorn Phiangket

20080610-112449-_76_.jpg

Surachai Saedan

veera.jpg

Veera Musikaphong

UDD core figures to join major gathering in Ayutthaya

Core figures of United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD) or the red-shirted group will join the group’s major gathering at Pratunam Phra-in in Ayutthaya province on January 31st.

Leader of red-shirted group in Pratunam Phra-in Mayuree Sawetasai said that tomorrow the group would distribute leaflets and documents to persuade people to join a major gathering of the red-shirted group under the theme fighting for Thaksin.

The rally will be held on January 31st in front of the office of Pratunam Phra-in Municipality

Core figures of UDD who have confirmed their attendance at the gathering include Jakrapob Penkair, Adisorn Phiangket, Surachai Saedan, and Kwanchai Phraipana.

Ms Mayuree added that she would mobilize the red-shirted group supporters in the Central, the North and the Northeast if instructed by the UDD core figure Veera Musikaphong.

She said the group would continue rallying to sack the government and bring Former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra back to Thailand to resume his political career.

- ThaiNews / 2009-01-25

UDD rally a turning point for more than just the government

The 3 co-leaders of the pro-Thaksin UDD have chosen Jan. 31 for a major rally which they enthusiastically proclaim will attract up to 100,000 red-shirted people to Sanam Luang to protest against the Abhisit government, especially the appointment of Foreign Minister Kasit Piromya who is Thailand's chief representative at the forthcoming ASEAN summit in Hua Hin. Yesterday, exiled former PM Thaksin was given air-time to talk to his red-shirted supporters via UDD's new satellite television station, DStation. As with all the previous rallies organised by the UDD, Thaksin was given all the time he needed to address his supporters and make his usual self-pitying pleas and finger-pointing rhetoric, and to urge them to fight on, but for whose sake, if not his own? It is no great secret that the UDD's ultimate aim is to bring down the Democrat-led government so that a fresh election can be held to pave the way for the return to power of his foot soldiers now entrenched in the PTP camp, and, more importantly, the safe and triumphant return of Thaksin from exile. But since "an army marches on its stomach", as Napoleon said, the red-shirted people cannot keep up their fight or join the rallies without the necessary financial support. Those supporters in the countryside, in Isan and the North, who are the backbone of Thaksin's loyalist army, need to be bused into Bangkok. They need food and they need water. This sustenance is costly and has to be borne by people who are willing to dig deep into their pockets. Thaksin, in a recent interview with Japan's Asahi Shimbun newspaper, said he expected the PTP to keep supporting him, but he repeatedly ruled out giving it financial support under the present circumstances. He admitted he was in financial difficulties and was looking for a new source of income almost every day to cover expenses. If what he said is true, then it will be a big blow for the PTP rank and file. Without Thaksin as sponsor, who else is willing to continue sponsoring a Party which is now in opposition, hard hit by the defection of the Friends of Newin and, worse still, without a real leader? Could it be Thaksin has lost faith in the seemingly dysfunctional party and changed his strategy to concentrate on playing street politics through the UDD and its red-shirted followers? It means he may have to do more than just urge them to fight on for him. Remember, an army marches on its stomach. Thaksin is a desperate man. But the choice of street politics instead of parliamentary politics as a means to facilitate his political comeback is not only short-sighted, but can be self-destructive for the man himself. If not properly controlled, some of the red shirts can be prone to violence, and that can only backfire on the movement. The Jan 31 rally will be a test for the UDD - whether it has the capability to draw the kind of crowd it expects. It will also be a test for Thaksin - whether he still is compelling enough to pull a crowd or whether he has lost his magic touch. One thing is clear. The rally will be short of many red shirts from the Northeast and the North who are associated with the Love Udon People group leader Kwanchai Praipana whose relationship with the three UDD core leaders, Veera Musikapong, Jatuporn Promphan and Natthawat Saikua, has gone sour.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opinion...n-just-the-govt

Even if they manage to stage a big show this Saturday it will be one off non-event since they don't have any reasonable rallying point to spur public interest.

Abhisit the draft dodger, Kasit the terrorist - who really cares about that anymore?

Rotten fish is no big deal either, it's not like Abhisit personally ordered to spoil it before sending it out to flooded areas.