Abhisit Vejjajiva Elected New Prime Minister Of Thailand

george

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, God Forbid Koo82 or others would be overly staunch Thaksin supporters or you would have to question their side..uh..wait, what?

Get off my back!

I love Khun Thaksin. He knows how to make money and knows how to develop Thailand. The current bunch only destroys (blocked and financing nuts to block airports) and borrows money. They only make the same group rich and at the same time look down upon the poor.

I'm surprised after they knocked Khun Thaksin, on many tv channels, they talked about sufficient economy. This is dam good. The poor should be happy with whatever sh_t they are having. The rich will still live their good lives. Let's be happy with what we have and do not fight for our rights including voting rights.

Well Koo82, there has been some speculation as to your nationality and even sex before now but I'm going to give this link to you anyway, as if you can understand it it should give you something to smile about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm1n00YHcwk

They talked on Truth Today, MTtv and DTV that Abhisit's government donated canned fish, rice and blanket to people.

Canned fish: rotten

Rice: bags of 4kg instead of 5

Blanket: are they blankets or mossie nets? When Truth Today people can find the said blanket, they'll show on tv for us all to view.

This party always says other parties corrupt.

This cannot be true. None of the papers are reporting it. It is not very nice to discredit opposition this way.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingne...=/content_multi

Pheu Thai Party nominates Chalerm as opposition leader

House Speaker Chai Chidchob on Wednesday revealed that MP Chalerm Yoobamrung has been nominated as the opposition leader by Pheu Thai Party.

Chai said Chalerm's nomination process would have to be put on hold until January 30, the sixty-day deadline to complete all proceedings relating to the disbandment of the People Power Party.

Following the completion of the party dissolution process, Chalerm's nomination will be forwarded for royal endorsement, he said.

Source: The Nation - 28 January 2009

House Speaker Chai Chidchob on Wednesday revealed that MP Chalerm Yoobamrung has been nominated as the opposition leader by Pheu Thai Party.

Chai said Chalerm's nomination process would have to be put on hold until January 30, the sixty-day deadline to complete all proceedings relating to the disbandment of the People Power Party.

Following the completion of the party dissolution process, Chalerm's nomination will be forwarded for royal endorsement, he said.

Becareful what you wish for .....

What a slap in the face to all the families of those murdered and terrorised by the Yoobamrung family over the years.

They certainly intend to keep picking the worst of the worst.

Its hard to even find their voters upcountry who like this guy. Everyone knows the story of the low ranking police officer and everyone knows what the guys wife said, and people relate to the idea of downtrodden little people trampled on by god almighty big family.

Real bad choice. Still at least true colours and all that.

Its hard to even find their voters upcountry who like this guy. Everyone knows the story of the low ranking police officer and everyone knows what the guys wife said, and people relate to the idea of downtrodden little people trampled on by god almighty big family.

Agreed. Its hard to see any point at all in the succession of bad choices they keep making. If this is some kind of cunning plan .....it's a dumb one. If you were to do a poll on this guys popularity he likely wouldn't garner a single vote, other than his own.....presuming he paid himself enough.

They talked on Truth Today, MTtv and DTV that Abhisit's government donated canned fish, rice and blanket to people.

Blanket: are they blankets or mossie nets? When Truth Today people can find the said blanket, they'll show on tv for us all to view.

This cannot be true. None of the papers are reporting it. It is not very nice to discredit opposition this way.

How can you trust this newspaper (or whatever they call they are) when they say we are trying to urge 9 countries to boycott ASEAN Summit? We never say it. We only protest against the terrorist Kasit and Abhisit government for supporting terrorists. We support the ASEAN Summit.

The reds won't use lies to discredit the Democ Rat and PAD.

The Nation said they gave 5,000 cans. In fact they gave more than 10,000 cans out.

You must watch Truth Today on MTtv and DStation to know that.

With the truth, we still cannot win, so how can we win with lies?

The truth is Abhisit is in the same gang with terrorist PAD that he now rewards them with high positions for what they have done.

The truth is Abhisit did not join the Army. He cannot argue about this but keeps silent.

[

The truth is Abhisit did not join the Army. He cannot argue about this but keeps silent.

:o

Well, there are plenty of people that don't join the Army. I'm sure that you being a Thai you are more than aware of that.

And it comes after weeks and weeks of his denials and the Party searching desperately... before eventually scrapping the bottom of the proverbial bucket .... and the only thing down there was scum, otherwise known as Chalerm... :o

Chalerm says he will not accept post of Opposition Leader

Former Public Health Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung said Monday that he will not accept the post of the Opposition Leader.

Chalerm, a PTP MP, said other PTP MPs are more qualified for the post and are more senior than him.

Chalem said he believed Pracharaj Party Leader Sanoh Thienthong was more qualified for the post.

- The Nation / 2008-12-22

The conflicts within Peua Thai between the Shinawat clan and other professional politicians don't seem to be getting any better, there's a high chance Yongyut Tiyapairat may leave, weakening it further.

Rumours are some of the PAD are setting up a party along the lines of the old Palang Tham, namely stressing righteousness rather than benefit or profit for the group as their mantra. It's possible Dr Arthit Youraiwat , the rector of Rangsit university may be the leader. This will be interesting, I remember the old Palang Tham, always limited to Bangkok, and in the end decimated.

Well, there are plenty of people that don't join the Army. I'm sure that you being a Thai you are more than aware of that.

Every Thai boy must join the Army. If not, he must join the local force like what my son is doing.

If you don't know, you should contact Jatupon of Truth Today.

Anupong cannot protect Abhisit in this case, so he said "The story has ended".

Lesson of the day:

If you avoid joing the Army today, you will be Prime Minister tomorrow.

If you join the terrorist activities to block Government House and airports today, you will be Foreign Minister tomorrow.

Every Thai boy must join the Army.

No, they must not. They can be exempt.

But I do like the irony that not doing a non-voluntary sting in the armed forces seems to be your biggest, as you constantly parrot it, gripe with him.

He cannot be all bad then.

But I do like the irony that not doing a non-voluntary sting in the armed forces seems to be your biggest, as you constantly parrot it, gripe with him.

Another situation where if Koo were actually Thai, he would know that not all Thai males are required to serve. Not only are there flat out exemptions but there are also only a limited number of people called up each year. Only if the quota is not met by volunteers is the lottery used ... and not all names go in the kitty.

[

I agree that many Thai boys did not join the army. Many Thai boys also do cooking shows on TV.

However, the law says no cooking show, so Samak got kick out.

But the law also say must join army, except if your name is Mark.

[

I agree that many Thai boys did not join the army. Many Thai boys also do cooking shows on TV.

However, the law says no cooking show, so Samak got kick out.

But the law also say must join army, except if your name is Mark.

Here we go again, never let the facts get in the way of a good argument. As previous posters have said, the law does not say "must join army". Apart from legal exemptions, every year there is a lottery and the army takes enough to fill the quota. Most years, the majority of those eligible do not have to join the army. The only way you could accuse Abhisit of being a draft dodger, like one of the sweet sons of Chalerm definitely was, is if he was required to take part in the lottery, pulled the wrong ball and then disappeared to avoid joining.

If the Army call you in for to join you have to go!

If the Army didn't call you in, you do NOT need to go!

Is as easy as that.

The Thai Army will call in those who has to join and the army tell with that call WHO have to go.

All the accuses against the PM on this thread are without any evidence and just rumor.

To "love" an convicted criminal is one thing but to accuse an innocent person without any evidence is an criminal delict.

So I strongly suggest that you guy's now stop to accuse innocent people on this forum!

This is a clear public warning.

ell, there are plenty of people that don't join the Army. I'm sure that you being a Thai you are more than aware of that.

Every Thai boy must join the Army. If not, he must join the local force like what my son is doing.

If you don't know, you should contact Jatupon of Truth Today.

Anupong cannot protect Abhisit in this case, so he said "The story has ended".

Lesson of the day:

If you avoid joing the Army today, you will be Prime Minister tomorrow.

If you join the terrorist activities to block Government House and airports today, you will be Foreign Minister tomorrow.

Don't many Thai boys join the Navy, or the Air-Force, instead of the Army ?

I've also heard that many older teenagers, while still in school, can go for extra training at week-ends, and thus fulfill the obligation before going on to university or employment.

Is Jatupon aware of these other options ? :D

Hi :o

Stupid argument. There is NO need for EVERY boy to join the army. My boyfriend didn't either, and his parents were too poor to bribe anyone to "buy him out" or whatever. It is as already stated - there were more boys than the army wanted, so they had a draw - and my boyfriend didn't have to go, as easy as that.

Best regards.....

Thanh

How can you trust this newspaper (or whatever they call they are) when they say we are trying to urge 9 countries to boycott ASEAN Summit? We never say it. We only protest against the terrorist Kasit and Abhisit government for supporting terrorists. We support the ASEAN Summit.

The reds won't use lies to discredit the Democ Rat and PAD.

The Nation said they gave 5,000 cans. In fact they gave more than 10,000 cans out.

You must watch Truth Today on MTtv and DStation to know that.

With the truth, we still cannot win, so how can we win with lies?

The truth is Abhisit is in the same gang with terrorist PAD that he now rewards them with high positions for what they have done.

Sad to see you have turned the corner from opponent to zealot.

And this ignores the fact Abhisit was a TEACHER at the 'Thai army's academy'.

He taught soldiers; no actual draft doger would EVER be hired to

teach soldiers on government property. Abhisit was a lecturer.

His draft number never came up, and so he got a legitimate pass from 'conscription'.

But by teaching soldiers he did and equally valid form of national service.

It's ridiculous to assert that Abhisit didn't serve in the Army. He was drafted by the Army's right wing media outlet and tourist relations group the PAD and is currently serving as the Army-delegated PM under the Army written constitution. This is a true patriot!

The conflicts within Peua Thai between the Shinawat clan and other professional politicians don't seem to be getting any better, there's a high chance Yongyut Tiyapairat may leave, weakening it further.

Rumours are some of the PAD are setting up a party along the lines of the old Palang Tham, namely stressing righteousness rather than benefit or profit for the group as their mantra. It's possible Dr Arthit Youraiwat , the rector of Rangsit university may be the leader. This will be interesting, I remember the old Palang Tham, always limited to Bangkok, and in the end decimated.

Rumours that the Isaan Pattana group will leave too as they are worried that Newin may poach their members and decimate them in the Isaan in the next election.

Another situation where if Koo were actually Thai, he would know that not all Thai males are required to serve. Not only are there flat out exemptions but there are also only a limited number of people called up each year. Only if the quota is not met by volunteers is the lottery used ... and not all names go in the kitty.

So, I can assume that we have put two issues to bed now?

So, I can assume that we have put two issues to bed now?

Maybe for a laugh we should bring up the very real desertion from the military by one of Chalerm's boys.....:o

Who cares if Abhisit joined the army or not, actually this guy is so cunning and treacherous he probably did the army a favor by not joining.

We have a much more important news, Abhisit finally admits he stole the power from the people of Thailand.

From the Far Eastern Economic Review

http://www.feer.com/free-interviews/20098/...t-for-democracy

FEER :Are you considering of going to the people and having a general election?

Abhisit :I think if we can get the economy rolling again, if we achieve a more stable environment as far as the supporters of either side are concerned, then I will look for the appropriate time to return the power to the people.

FEER : You don't have any timeframe in mind?

Abhisit : I don't think that I should have a timeframe. We need to look at the situation and I will pick a time when it is appropriate.

What an arrogant prick, it can't be more clear !