Abhisit Vejjajiva Elected New Prime Minister Of Thailand

george

How any farang would be stupid enough to get involved, is beyond me :D

Especially when there is a good chance of violence occurring.

If he gets a good hiding, its his own fault. Stay out of other peoples business :o

Maybe he has Thai citizenship :D

Maybe, if he is one of the 0.05% of farangs staying in Thailand, who has it.

Even then, I think it is extremely stupid, because if any trouble does start, it will be drawn to him like a magnet. :D

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi :D

Just saw (on TV) the pile of red shirted sheep marching from Sanam Luang toward government house - and a FARANG marching amidst, including red shirt!

I wonder if they pay more for farang to join..??

What's the laws regarding foreigners getting involved in political activities, specifically anti-government?

Kind regards......

Thanh

If he gets a good hiding, its his own fault. Stay out of other peoples business :o

My wife wanted to go to the rally , I talked her out of it. However if she was insistent I would have gone, only to give her some support and security against the very real threat of violence by the army, police or PAD terrorists.

Who are you John Rambo? :D:D

Get real!!

Hmmm you seem to have failed to post his reply ... but again you seem to be barely cognizant of the rules when it comes to parliamentary governments ... you seem to only wish a return to Thaksin's human rights abuses .. mass murders in the South, killings of innocents during the "war on drugs" and vote buying on a scale massive enough to get entire parties disbanded.

And you seem to be barely cognizant (I like this word, I should try to use it more often) of the rules of democracy. Should the USA had the same constitution that had (so conveniently !) entire parties disbanded, both Republican and Democrats would be history by now. I believe too that, since the Democrat senator Blagojevich has been found guilty and Mr Obama is himself a Democrat, Mr Obama would have been the shortest ruling president in the history of the USA.

And regarding human rights, freedom of expression, ..., Mr Abhisit has been here for less than two month but he seems right on track to set new records ...

In addition to not understanding how a parliamentary system works, you also don't understand how the party dissolution system works. Gov. Blagojevich was not a Democrat Party Leader. His rebuke yesterday where he was removed from office would have absolutely no effect on the Democrat Party as a whole under the Party dissolution laws here.

Perhaps if you spent more time getting acquainted with how the various systems and laws work here instead of expounding misinformation and unequal analogies, it would save on every one having to respond and correct your inaccuracies.

:o:D

Hi :D

Just saw (on TV) the pile of red shirted sheep marching from Sanam Luang toward government house - and a FARANG marching amidst, including red shirt!

I wonder if they pay more for farang to join..??

What's the laws regarding foreigners getting involved in political activities, specifically anti-government?

Kind regards......

Thanh

My wife wanted to go to the rally , I talked her out of it. However if she was insistent I would have gone, only to give her some support and security against the very real threat of violence by the army, police or PAD terrorists.

Who are you John Rambo? :D:D

Get real!!

You are sadly mistaken. If I went I would NEVER take weapons. I would only be there to aid and assist her in case of an emergency.

Edited by mc2

Hmmm you seem to have failed to post his reply ... but again you seem to be barely cognizant of the rules when it comes to parliamentary governments ... you seem to only wish a return to Thaksin's human rights abuses .. mass murders in the South, killings of innocents during the "war on drugs" and vote buying on a scale massive enough to get entire parties disbanded.

And you seem to be barely cognizant (I like this word, I should try to use it more often) of the rules of democracy. Should the USA had the same constitution that had (so conveniently !) entire parties disbanded, both Republican and Democrats would be history by now. I believe too that, since the Democrat senator Blagojevich has been found guilty and Mr Obama is himself a Democrat, Mr Obama would have been the shortest ruling president in the history of the USA.

And regarding human rights, freedom of expression, ..., Mr Abhisit has been here for less than two month but he seems right on track to set new records ...

In addition to not understanding how a parliamentary system works, you also don't understand how the party dissolution system works. Gov. Blagojevich was not a Democrat Party Leader. His rebuke yesterday where he was removed from office would have absolutely no effect on the Democrat Party as a whole under the Party dissolution laws here.

Perhaps if you spent more time getting acquainted with how the various systems and laws work here instead of expounding misinformation and unequal analogies, it would save on every one having to respond and correct your inaccuracies.

:o:D

Peirrot you have been embarrassing yourself clinging to your party line blindly.

Gov. Blagojevich was not a Senator, nor a Democratic party leader.

He tried to SELL Obama's Senate seat replacement appointment.

And totally disgusted his own party stem to stern. What a wingnut.

Secondly the National DEM PARTY is not the ILLINOIS DEM STATE PARTY

different entities, but with some ties.

There is no law that all party leadership must resign in Ill.

if there is corruption by an individual, not working in the parties name.

And certainly not from the national party for a state party infraction.

Then again USA states are often times BIGGER than ALL of Thailand.

But this law is not needed, because the LAWS against individuals DO WORK.

most of the time, if not 100% of the time.

It was the feds that nailed him too, FBI.

That being the point,

the earliers laws have NOT worked in Thailand and stronger medicine was needed.

It also includes that party leadership KNOWS of the infractions and let it go on.

TRT dissolution was a shot across the bows, PPP didn't listen and got nailed too.

Now PTP is marginalized by their own stupidity. Good riddance.

And the 100% vote to kick out Gov. Blagojevich, and follow on vote to

BAN him FOREVER from state politics was ALSO voted by

100% of HIS OWN PARTY MEMBERS. Can't see that happening here...

True bi-Partisanship against one grossly corrupt individual. A system working.

Here TRT, PPP, PTP, would, as observed, block vote to forgive ALL ,

if left free to do so...

No sense of shame that a member gets caught out, just attempts to white wash it.

A completely INVERSE way about this.

And one of the main reasons that another block worked so hard to remove them.

The lesser of two weavils.

Edited by animatic

^The boat people thing has happened during his watch.

Sure, an inherited problem, but he is at the helm. Apirak got nailed over an inherited problem.

Ah .. our "journalist" is here ... Yes .. please note that Mark has not hidden from the Rohingya problem .. nor denied it.

Not to mention that Apirak didn't get "nailed" over an inherited problem. He faces indictment along with Samak and others. He resigned his position wholly on his own... which is something of a role model for the TRT/PPP/PTP people to consider and emulate.

Good-looking man, but is he good? Good-looking does not mean good.

For all those who are quick to criticize Thaksin, it remains that he did support the poor. He put the North of Thailand on the map of tourists and helped that the citizen of that city. Was it to get cotes? Sure, but he did it! Was it malicious? Not totally. Anyway, it seems that this guy belongs to the elite (education abroad and all) and as such will likely help out his peers. If not, they will force him somehow. Very primal all of this. Are humans great creatures? Anyway, will he also pocket a few extra Bahts like it seems Thaksin did? Will he support all the people of Thailand and maybe the poorest more? Time will tell.

All in all, I am not sure the average poor Thai will be out of HIS or HER woods though. But, then, I would be happy if this guy can prove me wrong.

keep the fable alive, no matter what it takes, this man is a fugitive, a convicted criminal and runs away from the law - he never, ever really supported the poor - he told them that he would and many still believe this today!

"He put the North of Thailand on the map of tourists and helped that the citizen of that city"

certainly!

Is it comedy day today or only another "reality-show-all love TaxSin" impostor?

Edited by Samuian

Thaksin has only his own company and Family relatives in mind to help.

All products his company is dealing with were Import Duty free as he become PM. Which in the real mean what? Thailand didn't received any more Income from Imports and the only one who was profit from it was the Importer: Thaksin!

That's only one of the examples how he was acting and used his position.

Until today AIS is still the most expensive Mobile Phone system in Thailand and Who profit from that?

Some (many) of the hospitals which agreed with the 30 Baht scheme, are on the border of bankruptcy! Why? Because they was sign a contract to server the community with cheap health services but didn't were compensated by the government (Thaksin's) as promissed which was an verbal promiss only.

And, and, and ................................................................................

.................->Where to stop?

But it's useless to tell the truth here because the Truth is only that what is coming from institutions like Truth Today and related institutions: from the Red Shirts!

Those who are honest with the whole bunch are under attacks pp from that Red's in all areas.

Abhisit has a very difficult position and he try to do the best for the country and it's people which is the most hard job you can get in Thailand today! Hopefully he will survive all of the attacks he faces special with that Red Gang and their criminal head.

Cheers.

Thaksin has proved to be a master of hypocrisy time and time again. During last year's airport closure, he gave an interview which he emphasized a need to "follow the law because if no one followed the law then law enforcement must be done" (

)

And now is he fleeing justice because he doesn't believe in the law anymore! By his words, he shouldn't have any complaints if the law were "enforced" on him.

Abhisit was so proud last night that the reds came to GH to show they love him.

Isn't there another thread for that? Or do you need to focus on one issue across a number of threads? :o

Aw, c'mon John - give the sweet young gal a break. She's discovered the wonderful linguistic device of sarcasm and she's determined to toy with it in every play pen she can, no matter how irrelevant or redundant it may seem. She'll get more selective I'm sure as she grows up. :D

Thaksin has proved to be a master of hypocrisy time and time again. During last year's airport closure, he gave an interview which he emphasized a need to "follow the law because if no one followed the law then law enforcement must be done" (
)

And now is he fleeing justice because he doesn't believe in the law anymore! By his words, he shouldn't have any complaints if the law were "enforced" on him.

Of course he already was on the run from the law and law enforcement

when he made that gargatuanly hypocritical statement.

He put the North of Thailand on the map of tourists and helped that the citizen of that city.

Presumably you're talking about Chiang Mai ?

Do you really believe that Chiang Mai wasn't already a world-famous destination, with plenty of tourists, prior to 2001 ?

This would come as a shock to the many friendly hotel/guest-house/trekking-company/bar/restaurant owners, whom I myself encountered, when I first came here some 20 years ago. It was already then firmly on the backpackers' itinerary, although there were admittedly fewer 5-star resort-hotels in those days !

Until today AIS is still the most expensive Mobile Phone system in Thailand and Who profit from that?

According to the Stock Exchange's website, these are the top two shareholders in AIS

1. บริษัท ชิน คอร์ปอเรชั่น จำกัด (มหาชน) 42.67% spacer.gif (Added - Shin Corporation)

2. SINGTEL STRATEGIC INVESTMENTS PTE LTD. 19.18%

Edited by soundman
Added translation and quote tags.

According to the Stock Exchange's website, these are the top two shareholders in AIS

1. บริษัท ชิน คอร์ปอเรชั่น จำกัด (มหาชน) 42.67% spacer.gif

(Shin Corporation ........)

2. SINGTEL STRATEGIC INVESTMENTS PTE LTD. 19.18%

So, who profit most??

According to same website...these are 3 biggest shareholders in Shin Corp

1. บริษัท ซีดาร์ โฮลดิ้งส์ จำกัด 1,742,407,239 54.43

2. บริษัท แอสเพน โฮลดิ้งส์ จำกัด 1,334,354,825 41.68

3. บริษัท ไทยเอ็นวีดีอาร์ จำกัด 17,630,961 0.55

According to same website...these are 3 biggest shareholders in Shin Corp

1. บริษัท ซีดาร์ โฮลดิ้งส์ จำกัด 1,742,407,239 54.43

2. บริษัท แอสเพน โฮลดิ้งส์ จำกัด 1,334,354,825 41.68

3. บริษัท ไทยเอ็นวีดีอาร์ จำกัด 17,630,961 0.55

Cedar Holdings Co. Ltd (forgive if spellings inaccurate)

Aspen Holdings Co. Ltd

Thai NVDR Co. Ltd

So the shady ownerships in which Thaksin's stock of Kularb Kaew which in turn owns an significant interest in Aspen still persist?

That, as well as Singapore exceeding the Alien Business Law of foreign-owned Thai companies?

Shin Corp deal in jeopardy

The Supreme Administrative Court released an appeal decision yesterday ordering its lower court to review an administrative case that could see Shin Corp lose its licences for communication satellites, mobile phone services and television broadcasting.

Temasek's take-over of Shin Corp has led to claims that AIS, Shinsat and iTV are now Singaporean firms. Currently, Cedar Holdings and Aspen Holdings, which are both linked to Temasek, own 54.53 per cent and 41.76 per cent, respectively, of Shin.

The court case adds to the pressure on Temasek, which also faces a police probe into whether Kularb Kaew, Cedar, Aspen and Cypress Holdings are nominees for a foreign entity and thus breach the Alien Business Law.

Not to mention that Thaksin's sister Yingluck's replacement as President of AIS still has never responded to his potential ties with a family member to the suspect in this case:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thai-Man-Sou...2231215&hl=

Thai Man Being Sought For Murder Of Mexican Man In USA, Authorities Belive He's Fled To Thailand

Edited by sriracha john

Meanwhile, back on topic - it's "business as usual" in Thai politics...........

PM may be handing out 'red cards' very soon

By: Saritdet Marukatat

Published: 2/02/2009 at 12:00 AM

Newspaper section: News

The controversial cash-with-business card hand-out involving Deputy Interior Minister Boonjong Wongtrairat in Nakhon Ratchasima has created another political firestorm in tandem with the Chao Doy rotten canned fish that has cast shadows over his cabinet colleague, Social Development and Human Security Minister Witoon Nambutr.

The embattled deputy minister and his wife, Kanchana, used his house in Chok Chai district to give 500 baht in cash along with his business card to 200 needy people on Jan 24 to help ease their economic pain. The money was part of the budget of the ministry controlled by Mr Witoon.

It's hard to credit Mr Boonjong for what he did. Obviously suspicion arises as to his real motive in that it was not simply generosity and sympathy for the poor in his rural area. The business cards provided during the hand-out ceremony attended by Interior Ministry and district officials indicates a measure of self-promotion.

What happened with Mr Boonjong shows the public that old-style politicians are still around. There are, in fact, plenty of them. He used the budget with little appreciation that the cash he gave to the people was taxpayers' money. Worse, he used his house to do it, as if the money was from his own pocket.

The business card will serve as a reminder of his name so that when the next general election comes along, voters will associate him with the cash hand-out when they tick the ballot sheet. This old political trick has remained a popular ploy among candidates for many years.

Full article continues:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opinion...cards-very-soon

Meanwhile, back on topic - it's "business as usual" in Thai politics...........

PM may be handing out 'red cards' very soon

By: Saritdet Marukatat

Published: 2/02/2009 at 12:00 AM

Newspaper section: News

The controversial cash-with-business card hand-out involving Deputy Interior Minister Boonjong Wongtrairat in Nakhon Ratchasima has created another political firestorm in tandem with the Chao Doy rotten canned fish that has cast shadows over his cabinet colleague, Social Development and Human Security Minister Witoon Nambutr.

The embattled deputy minister and his wife, Kanchana, used his house in Chok Chai district to give 500 baht in cash along with his business card to 200 needy people on Jan 24 to help ease their economic pain. The money was part of the budget of the ministry controlled by Mr Witoon.

It's hard to credit Mr Boonjong for what he did. Obviously suspicion arises as to his real motive in that it was not simply generosity and sympathy for the poor in his rural area. The business cards provided during the hand-out ceremony attended by Interior Ministry and district officials indicates a measure of self-promotion.

What happened with Mr Boonjong shows the public that old-style politicians are still around. There are, in fact, plenty of them. He used the budget with little appreciation that the cash he gave to the people was taxpayers' money. Worse, he used his house to do it, as if the money was from his own pocket.

The business card will serve as a reminder of his name so that when the next general election comes along, voters will associate him with the cash hand-out when they tick the ballot sheet. This old political trick has remained a popular ploy among candidates for many years.

Full article continues:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opinion...cards-very-soon

It will be interesting to see how Abhisit deals with this. One of the biggest criticisms of Thaksin and Thaksin related governments was that they rallied round ministers caught with their pants down and refused to do anything about them. Is Abhisit going to set a higher benchmark or will he adopt yet another Thaksin policy?

By: Bangkokpost.com

Published: 4/02/2009 at 07:57 PM

Consumer protection activists on Wednesday lodged a complaint with the Civil Court against ousted social development and human security minister Witoon Nambutr and other defendants, demanding one million baht compensation.

The activists are led by Saree Ongsomwang of the Foundation for Consumers and representatives of Phatthalung consumer groups.

Others named as the defendants in the lawsuit include the Social Development and Human Security permanent secretary Wallop Ploytubtim, executives of the manufacturer of Chao Doy canned fish, Thong Kingkaew Food Co, and executives of the canned fish distributor, Thai AD Foods Co.

Some of Chao Doy canned fish distributed to flood-affected people in Phatthalung province by the Social Development and Human Security Ministry was found to be rotten despite the the labels setting the manufacturing date as Dec 10, 2008 and the expiration date at Dec 10, 2011.

About 100 people in flood-hit Phatthalung's Muang district became nauseous and vomited after eating the canned fish, which was included in the relief supplies distributed by ministry officials.

A test by public health officials found no traces of harmful substances in the canned fish, however.

The plaintiffs in this case are flood-affected people that received rotten canned fish, Ms Saree, the manager of the Foundation for Consumers; Samroeng Sutsawat, coordinator of Public Life Project in Phatthalung province; and Jutha Sangkhachat of Southern Consumer Network.

Apart from demanding one million baht compensation from all the defendants, the plaintiffs also asked the court to hand down an injunction forbidding the distribution of Chao Doy canned fish as well as recalling Chao Doy canned fish from the market.

The plaintiffs asked the court to order the remaining cans to be destroyed and to seize documents related to the Social Development and Human Security Ministry's canned fish procurement, including the bank accounts of the defendants.

Ms Saree said the lawsuit was not intended to get compensation from the defendants, but to set standards for government agencies on purchasing supplies.

She said apart from the civil lawsuit her group has filed, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has made a police complaint against the canned fish manufacturer, accusing it of producing imitation food with labels that mislead the consumer, producing substandard food and producing food without a licence.

The House committee on legal, justice and human rights affairs chaired by Pracha Prasopdee, the Puea Thai MP for Samut Prakan, on Wednesday questioned Phatthalung governor Suthep Komolpamorn and chief Phatthalung Social Development and Human Security officer Sutheera Nuicharoen, as well as Pensri Rodma, an expert on hygiene and production from the Department of Medical Sciences, about the canned rotten fish scandal.

Mr Pracha said later the committee found supplies in the flood relief bags distributed in Phatthalung, including the rotten canned fish, were all purchased by officials at the headquarters of the Social Development and Human Security Ministry.

His House committee will next week summon Mr Witoonand other high ranking officers for questioning again, Mr Pracha said.

Hungry party after so many years not being government.

By: Bangkokpost.com

Published: 4/02/2009 at 07:57 PM

Consumer protection activists on Wednesday lodged a complaint with the Civil Court against ousted social development and human security minister Witoon Nambutr and other defendants, demanding one million baht compensation.

The activists are led by Saree Ongsomwang of the Foundation for Consumers and representatives of Phatthalung consumer groups.

Others named as the defendants in the lawsuit include the Social Development and Human Security permanent secretary Wallop Ploytubtim, executives of the manufacturer of Chao Doy canned fish, Thong Kingkaew Food Co, and executives of the canned fish distributor, Thai AD Foods Co.

Some of Chao Doy canned fish distributed to flood-affected people in Phatthalung province by the Social Development and Human Security Ministry was found to be rotten despite the the labels setting the manufacturing date as Dec 10, 2008 and the expiration date at Dec 10, 2011.

About 100 people in flood-hit Phatthalung's Muang district became nauseous and vomited after eating the canned fish, which was included in the relief supplies distributed by ministry officials.

A test by public health officials found no traces of harmful substances in the canned fish, however.

The plaintiffs in this case are flood-affected people that received rotten canned fish, Ms Saree, the manager of the Foundation for Consumers; Samroeng Sutsawat, coordinator of Public Life Project in Phatthalung province; and Jutha Sangkhachat of Southern Consumer Network.

Apart from demanding one million baht compensation from all the defendants, the plaintiffs also asked the court to hand down an injunction forbidding the distribution of Chao Doy canned fish as well as recalling Chao Doy canned fish from the market.

The plaintiffs asked the court to order the remaining cans to be destroyed and to seize documents related to the Social Development and Human Security Ministry's canned fish procurement, including the bank accounts of the defendants.

Ms Saree said the lawsuit was not intended to get compensation from the defendants, but to set standards for government agencies on purchasing supplies.

She said apart from the civil lawsuit her group has filed, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has made a police complaint against the canned fish manufacturer, accusing it of producing imitation food with labels that mislead the consumer, producing substandard food and producing food without a licence.

The House committee on legal, justice and human rights affairs chaired by Pracha Prasopdee, the Puea Thai MP for Samut Prakan, on Wednesday questioned Phatthalung governor Suthep Komolpamorn and chief Phatthalung Social Development and Human Security officer Sutheera Nuicharoen, as well as Pensri Rodma, an expert on hygiene and production from the Department of Medical Sciences, about the canned rotten fish scandal.

Mr Pracha said later the committee found supplies in the flood relief bags distributed in Phatthalung, including the rotten canned fish, were all purchased by officials at the headquarters of the Social Development and Human Security Ministry.

His House committee will next week summon Mr Witoonand other high ranking officers for questioning again, Mr Pracha said.

Hungry party after so many years not being government.

Actually sounds more like some scumbag food distributer

relabled and off-loaded his out of date, backlog, of unsold product, on the government ,

to either turn a profit, or set them up for an early fall.

Depends on their politics.

No doubt the cans sent for testing were from a newer batch, same dates,

but many cans of all crap went out in the Ministry's name.

So MUST be the ministers fault.

Since I KNOW every government minister in EVERY Thai Government

Actually TESTS all the relief products distributed around the country personally.

They real culprets are the ones who dumped this on the ministry in the first place.

I would think the same for EITHER government in power.

Offered a good deal they take it, do some tests jiggered by the vendor,

and think all is well.

Just S.O.P B.S.

Likely also this is being used to put a more competent minister in place.

Some achievements of Democrat Party after 1 month in charge:

- Awarded those who blocked Government House and airports to key positions.

- Used rotten fish cans to donate to flood victims.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/13...sh-distribution

- Gave out free money to some people. Khun Thaksin never gives out free money. He had village fun so farmers and poor people can run some small business.

- Best achievement: plan and will borrow money.

Thailand to borrow Bt270 billion to boost economy

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thailand-Borrow-Bt270-Billion-Boo-t239523.html

Koo...

I know you're in bed with Thaksin, every single one of your posts makes that very clear.

Thaksin gave all the key positions to family members and high-school buddies. So he could have more control, in the end to become a dictator.

Rotten fish - see post above yours, enough said.

Thaksin gave money to poor people, named it "village funds", it was used to buy mobile phones and televisions so people would remember whom to vote for when they needed a new phone/television when next election came 'round. Also, paying out cash to vote for TRT/PPP (which is the reason why those both have been disbanded), isn't that "giving money to people"? What would YOU call that then?

Every government in this world borrows money from other countries. Is that news?

Enjoy your boyfriend while you can - i personally hope he gets overrun by a bus some time soon so that this madness can stop once and for all.

Best regards.....

Thanh

Mr Banharn expressed dissatisfaction over the government's budget allocation after the Tourism and Sports Ministry and the Agriculture and Cooperatives Ministry which are administered by the Chart Thai Pattana party, the new banner of the disbanded Chart Thai, received much lower funds when compared to the Democrat-run ministries.

The government only gave 500 million baht to the Tourism and Sports Ministry and two billion baht to the Agriculture and Cooperatives Ministry, but other ministries managed by the Democrat party, such as the Prime Minister's Office, received large funds, Mr Banharn complained.

"I would like the Democrat party to remember the day when it invited the Chart Thai Pattana party to join its government," said the veteran politician and ex-prime minister.

Source: http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/136245/democrats-reminded-to-show-gratitude

"I would like the Democrat party to remember the day when it invited the Chart Thai Pattana party to join its government," said the veteran politician and ex-prime minister.

Source: http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/136245/democrats-reminded-to-show-gratitude

When they voted for Abhisit, they said "We do for the benefit of the country"

:o

Edited by Koo82